Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL 19:35 - Feb 4 with 57113 viewsNeathJack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ml-leaves-1340293.aspx

This post has been edited by an administrator
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 23:21 - Feb 4 with 2803 viewsJackSwanTV

Our main problem has been organisation at the back. We have conceded useless goals. Some will say that we haven't scored enough but it is much harder scoring goals when you are 1-0 down which we have been far too often this season. We need someone to come in who has a good defensive footbaling brain, someone who can sort out and organise a back 4. With the exception of Pablo Souza, then Garry Monk fits that mold better than anyone. I think he is a great choice and I have far more optimism about Saturday and the rest of the season with him at the helm.

Garry Monks Barmy Army!!!!!!!!!

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 23:23 - Feb 4 with 2789 views2face

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 23:10 - Feb 4 by Uxbridge

£4.5m. I really hope that's not accurate. Someone needs shooting if it is.

If it's based on salary, it should be £1,4m or something thereabouts.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 23:28 - Feb 4 with 2731 viewsaspas45

Anybody think we will have a different manager aside from Gary Monk in the next couple of weeks?

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 23:29 - Feb 4 with 2725 viewsItchySphincter

No opinion on Monk but anyone who who didn't see this coming is ferkin blind!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 23:54 - Feb 4 with 2580 viewsswansvalleyjack

Thanks for everything Michael, but it was time to go. He was going in the summer, let's be honest, and the signs over the past year have been inexorably leading us to this relegation scrap. His body language of late has also been awful. It's clear that he has not been motivating the players - and where has our crisp, tight, controlled passing game gone ? And where is Plan B to keep our wingers wide, more often, to provide a decent service to Bony. This is not an ideal moment for the parting of the ways, but in fairness the Board have stuck by him for longer than most. Is it 8 PL wins out of the last 35 ? While many of last season's results and displays were great (yes, thank you Michael and team), those for example against Cardiff and West Ham this season, have been embarrassing. And for God's sake Chico, cut out the crap, that's not how I want my Club being represented to the footballing world.

Anyway, I believe we have been on the downward spiral to the Championship of late with Laudrup - and as he was likely going in the Summer, I feel the Board had little choice now but to take decisive action. We may still go down, but I would like to think that - with Garry and Alan motivating - we will show some passion and commitment on the pitch, (and reverting also to our previous style hopefully), to give us a decent chance of staying up. Starting with a win against Cardiff on Saturday, and we have really got to get behind the boys.

So thank you Michael for our best ever season, and all the best to you - but my Club is what I care about now and we move on, as we have always done.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 00:03 - Feb 5 with 2540 viewsGowerjack

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:09 - Feb 4 by union_jack

Jeez again. We couldn't do worse if we had a tortoise in the dugout. He HAD to go. We were going down regardless with him t the helm. A change is the only hope.

And as for this mid table bollocks - we are 2, yes 2 points from the relegation zone. Our position in the league is almost irrelevant.

Start seeing what has been going on and then you may see that this was the only option. And even this may not be good enough.

100% correct.

ML lost interest in us months ago.

You'd have to be some kind of windowlicking halfwit not to be able to see that.

Well Done Huw

The correct decision!

I' glad to see the back of the spineless,passionless egotistical prick.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 00:12 - Feb 5 with 2482 viewsAdmire

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 00:03 - Feb 5 by Gowerjack

100% correct.

Well Done Huw

The correct decision!

You really think that really applies to laudrup? Egotistical and spineless?
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 00:32 - Feb 5 with 2397 viewsZut_Alors

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 22:22 - Feb 4 by Yr_Arglwydd_Rhys

I thought 'odd timing' then I remembered that ML hadn't been around to be spoken to until today, when he returned from Paris. The language is about 'parting company' rather than sacking, suggesting that he walked, possibly after an ultimatum.

Monk? Good luck to him. He can't 'manage' in the Premiership until he gets his A licence, hence why he's 'head coach'. Important thing for the club was that they not allow speculation about the successor to distract from matters on the field. The statement referring to Monk for the 'foreseeable future' puts a bit of a lid on things for the time being and injects some stability. there has been enough rumour for now.

Also, for the players, they know that it is Monk they have to work with for potentially a long time. If they want to leave, they'd better pull up their socks or they'll be short of takers. (De Guzman: still fancy Brazil in the summer?) Curt is also there providing the continuity from the Martinez/Rogers eras.

Ngog and Emnes? The latter is a bit odd, but our failure to sign 'better' targets probably led us further down the list. He's only on loan so may not feature at all. Ngog provides us with a cheap backup striker who can potentially nab a goal and might have a thing to prove. All this when playing second fiddle to our main striker. Not many other strikers would be happy as second choice. Intriguingly, in Pep's promotion to the first team, Vasquez has than man who nurtured him a class U21 striker. Perhaps even Vasquez will score before the season's done. Hell, Schechter did.

Crucially, however, these two ensured that we had bodies but also a war chest for when ML left. I'm actually grateful that we've not spent £5mil on some unknown quantity who might not get on the pitch til next season.

Finally... Ki. Laudrup holds grudges. Anecdotally I heard that he was asked more than once by the board whether he would take Ki back, but he replied that Ki would never play for us under him again. Now we have Ki back next season under a new manager and for a fresh start.

Just woke up to the news. Good post.
Login to get fewer ads

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 00:40 - Feb 5 with 2364 viewsSpratty

100% correct.

Well Done Huw

The correct decision!

Projection?
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 01:25 - Feb 5 with 2274 viewsGeneralJack

100% correct.

Well Done Huw

The correct decision!

This is the sort of thing that in time, will stop freedom on the internet for everyone, a small turd in Swansea can say these things about someone so respected, and has achieved so much in European football.
I can see why some of our half-witted fans are backing our board on this, it's because they can relate to them, as they also have achieved very little.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 01:57 - Feb 5 with 2230 viewsSkyblue

Very sad news Indeed.

From a danish Laudrup fan, here's my viewpoint:

PL:
Swansea will stay up regardless. The team is a lot stronger than than many other PL teams, but have had the lack of luck to meet all the good PL teams from the start, and then recently. If you look at the different sides in the PL, Im sure Swansea has the amount of points it should have on average.

Bad performance for a long time:
A couple of articles have mentioned that Swansea hadnt been playing well since the cup win. Well, if you were Swansea in the spring, Europe League secured, no chance of a Champions League spot, then the only sensible thing to do, is to take it easy, not get injured. Wins did not matter at all. There were literally nothing to play for.

This year however, the team has had Europe League on top of the PL, cups and what not. ML said before summer that this required a lot more quality players because the it will be a lot harder on the players with fewer breaks in between matches. Apparently the board didnt listen, and this year saw Michu injured as well as others.

Bony:
Bony started weakly, but has since picked up. I actually thinks he's an amazing player. Last year he made 31 goals in 30 matches in the Netherlands. This year, so far only 7 in PL. To compare though, thats one more goal than Samuel E'to, Steven Gerrard and Oscar who all scored only 6. And they play on wastly better and more expensive teams. 2 Less than Hazard, Rooney, van Persie. .... Very very good players. very very expensive players. Bony was a great buy, and can be sold of with a solid profit if Swansea is clever.

Reason for the parting:
Its hard to say what the reason for this sacking is. In Denmark stories cirkulated about internal cliques, fights and what not. Thats obviously a problem, and if that reflected in bad performance on the field, then yes, there is a big problem. However, someone else started buying players without letting Laudrup selecting them, and that is simply stupid. Please, oh please, take the managers advice in buying players to fit his playstyle. This goes regardless of the manager btw.

I dont know what the real reason is. Maybe its fear of relegation. In that case I call bullshit. Swansea wont be relegated. No matter who's the coach.
If its a matter of philosophy, well, Laudrups way of doing it worked last year. Some people thinks that when you loose you should work harder. However, sometimes, maybe what you need is a break with your family? In 1992 Denmark won the Euro92 championship by doing just that. The players took days off between matches and went to McDonalds instead of training.
I dont think that ppl saying Swansea played badly has taken the opposition into consideration, nor the amount of injuries.
Finally, it may just have been ML being disparaged by the lack of support from the board. He certainly didnt get the players he wanted this transfer window. Its not hard to predict that players from the championship might be in deep water against Napoli and so on...

The board:
The board and Huw Jenkins has a long history of good, solid longterm decision making. I currently have a hard time to see this as anything else but panic by people with little understanding of football. There is no reason to panic. Especially, the board to should signal the big solid rock. The clear path ahead, regardless of temporary storms. The west ham game means nothing in the big picture. In this they seem to have failed, leaving us to speculate about any other reasons for this parting. Sir Alex Ferguson didn't have a great first season. Morinho doesnt win every game. Sometimes boards should just let things be, not interfere with this or that. ML is not a better or worse coach than he was last year. His performance isnt even worse either. Looking at the amount of points you got against each team played this year compared to last, Im sure will show a similiar amount. Maybe a little less, but unlike last year, Michu hasnt made 10 goals already, and Swansea dont have the money to have 2 Michu copies on the bench.

Monk:
I wish the new coach all the best. I dont think Swansea will be relegated, but I do think that some of the players will not have anywhere near the respect for him as a footballer as they had for ML. Yeah, you can yell. But, can you play? Very few players can play like ML. Still.

Bottom line:
Swansea will go on. But will probably be in the lower part of the PL. I dont think we have the cash to go very much higher. We are already one of the teams that gets the most results from the least amount of money. I believe only Everton gets as more points per mio. pounds. So any talk about bad performance, is only made by nincompoops with no understanding of football, economics or statistics.

Im going to close with a Gary Lineker quite from twitter:

"Swansea have sacked @KP24 . Worse still, they've sacked Michael Laudrup. Absolutely bonkers. World's gone mad!"

Thank you for your time. I wish you all the best.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 03:00 - Feb 5 with 2160 viewsDavillin

WHEW! I just read the entire thread. I think I am still within touching distance of my reason.

Three comments:

Some excellent analyses, pro or con. Some very silly soaring flights of imagination, which don't increase our understanding of what will turn out to be a complex narrative.

When I first heard that Laudrup had gone to Paris, I had a flash of curiosity whether if had something to do with his next managerial position.

When I read some of the primarily factual newspaper articles about the many inside stories of dissension, etc., in the shadows, I wondered whether any of that was behind the larger than usual injury list and the seemingly long recovery times.

Soaring flights of imagination, indeed.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 03:39 - Feb 5 with 2117 viewsSwanfan1

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 03:00 - Feb 5 by Davillin

WHEW! I just read the entire thread. I think I am still within touching distance of my reason.

Three comments:

Some excellent analyses, pro or con. Some very silly soaring flights of imagination, which don't increase our understanding of what will turn out to be a complex narrative.

When I first heard that Laudrup had gone to Paris, I had a flash of curiosity whether if had something to do with his next managerial position.

When I read some of the primarily factual newspaper articles about the many inside stories of dissension, etc., in the shadows, I wondered whether any of that was behind the larger than usual injury list and the seemingly long recovery times.

Soaring flights of imagination, indeed.

Odd timing, I thought he would get until Cardiff, at least.
we still got a good couple of matches left, and is pretty tight.

I still think Swansea´s squad is good enough to stay up, I worry how the Laudrup disciples will react.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 03:45 - Feb 5 with 2110 viewsLord_Bony

The problem is players like Michu,JDG,Chico etc worship Laudrup.

With him gone under these circumstances they too may not have the heart in it and just be going through the motions of playing till the season ends.

Gary Monk has only recently qualified to be a premiership manager and has passed the last few weeks his exam I think.to manage a prem side normally requires working up the ranks at least 5-10 years as not many clubs would put a rookie in at this level....especially this time of the season with so much resting on it....

I really think we should have had a mediator brought in to sort out any issues between ML and the board and players...

Would have been a much better option than this.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 06:27 - Feb 5 with 1983 viewsItchySphincter

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 03:45 - Feb 5 by Lord_Bony

The problem is players like Michu,JDG,Chico etc worship Laudrup.

With him gone under these circumstances they too may not have the heart in it and just be going through the motions of playing till the season ends.

Gary Monk has only recently qualified to be a premiership manager and has passed the last few weeks his exam I think.to manage a prem side normally requires working up the ranks at least 5-10 years as not many clubs would put a rookie in at this level....especially this time of the season with so much resting on it....

I really think we should have had a mediator brought in to sort out any issues between ML and the board and players...

Would have been a much better option than this.

So the players are going to sulk? They'll need to f*ck off too then.

Mediator, therapy? FFS. ML's job is to get results and he wasn't, often enough. Cheerio.

There is nothing to suggest yet that Monk isn't up to the task. Being a second rate player didn't hurt Martinez or Rodgers did it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 06:43 - Feb 5 with 1964 viewslarslander

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 19:39 - Feb 4 by SwansNZ

Monk and Curtis - the dream team?? f**k me

Agree, they got their head up their ass,s
Sacking ML before a derby is crazy, and replace him with an amatuere are even more crazy.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 06:46 - Feb 5 with 1958 viewsSwansNZ

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 06:43 - Feb 5 by larslander

Agree, they got their head up their ass,s
Sacking ML before a derby is crazy, and replace him with an amatuere are even more crazy.

Actually, I've sort of come around to not minding the idea - but only in the short term. I'd like a manager with a bit more experience, to which Monk can be assistant/coach

EDIT: I'm still not convinced if sacking ML is the right decision, and don't much like the way it has been handled the last couple of days.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 6:49]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 06:54 - Feb 5 with 1934 viewshardcoresoldier

Just come in here to gauge opinion on the decision made by Huw Jenkins today and i have to say i am amazed at how disrespectful some of the supporters have been towards Michael. This will be my first and only post here as i am a Liverpool supporter but also a big admirer of Laudrup for all he has achieved in the game. I just thought it might help to hear a neutral view as to how this is being viewed by the footballing world outside of your Club.

Let's look at Laudrup shall we?, he won numerous League Titles and Cups with Juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Ajax. Regarded by many as the best player of the 90's and one of the best players of all time. His first job as Danish assistant manager and his job at Brondby went well, building on that at Getafe, Spartak not so well and he redeemed himself at Mallorca before finally taking the Swans job. This is a man that commands the respect of any football person at any level. Basically, Swansea City were lucky to have him.

He wins Swansea City's first ever major trophy in his first Season in charge and gets them back into Europe for the first time in 12 years. He goes to Huw Jenkins and asks to sufficiently reinforce his Squad to cope with the rigours of an extra tournament. Huw Jenkins fails to back Laudrup and expects Laudrup to challenge on all fronts with a limited Squad. Then there was the dismissal of Bayram Tumutlu, Laudrup's trusted right hand man, a man who was pivotal in bringing the likes of Michu, Flores, De Guzman and Hernandez. It all went wrong from there.

I read a post in this thread earlier saying that Swansea lacked the ambition of Laudrup and that is a sad comment to read. Jenkins wants a yes man and Laudrup is certainly not that. Players were signed by Jenkins, not Laudrup and we all know how that ends. What is wrong with Laudrup wanting to sign better players? Nothing.

What you have in Jenkins is a dinosaur. Quick to tell of the time the Swans fans were collecting wages for players in buckets, just as quick to rip those same fans off when Swansea made it into the Premier League. All Jenkins sees is a cash cow and by Christ is he milking it. Laudrup asking for a decent transfer budget to bolster and improve the Squad would have drained that cow and Huw couldn't have that. I think all Swans fans are educated enough to know that all Jenkins wants is a team that will be constantly mid table, built on a budget and exist.

In Garry Monk he has that yes man, how he will unite this Squad i really don't know. This is the same man that Flores was prepared to smash a brick into the other week. All your best players came here for one reason, Michael Laudrup, and make no mistake they will leave in the Summer. Will Monk and Curtis keep the Swans up?

I very much doubt it. This is a colossal balls up by Jenkins. Huw needs to learn to trust a manager and let him run the team, his constant paranoia and interference will be to the detriment of the Swans Premier League survival. I'd like to think that Monk can unite this Squad but i doubt he can, the factions that were there already will now grow even further apart.

With all due respect to Monk and Curtis, they are not in the same League as Laudrup. They may command respect from the home grown players but to those who have been imported they mean nothing. The morale of the foreign players will drop and i think that is what will now happen to the Swans. The game on Saturday now takes on even more importance.

When all is said and done Huw Jenkins needs to remember where Swansea City came from. He needs to remember those fans who went around with their buckets collecting wages for players. If the Swans go down this Season then Mr. Jenkins won't be getting his sell outs every week, that is a given. Plus, who is to say those hardcore fans who have been priced out would want to return once tickets for matches are readily available? Once the Plastic Jacks are no longer able to watch United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc then the Season Ticket sales will drop.

The ordinary supporter ( the most important supporter may i add) has been forgotten about as Jenkins rakes in the cash. If the Swans Premier League status is lost then i'm sure Jenkins will be quick enough to remember them when it suits.

My missus is a Swans supporter and even she is becoming disillusioned with Jenkins and his little pantomime. People are always praising him for signing up these managers on long term contracts so he gets compensation. Surely the more pressing concern is why he feels the need to do it. Probably because he knows every quality manager that comes here will have more ambition than him.

The problem?, ambition requires investment in football, something Jenkins is clearly not prepared to do. You are trying to stay in this League and you sign Emnes, Ngog and Fulton.

Oh yeah, it's Laudrup's fault.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 07:05 - Feb 5 with 1912 viewsMattG

A massive gamble which, if it pays off, will probably have to go down as Huw and the Board's greatest masterstroke yet in the manager selection stakes.

The timing worries me and takes me back to when Wolves sacked Mick McCarthy just after the transfer window closed. That said, we're in a better position league-wise than Wolves were then and we also have better players than they did so hopefully it won't be such a problem unless, as others have mentioned, some of the players have a problem with Monk coming in.

The risk of putting an untried man in charge is also huge. Comparisons have been made with Rodgers and Martinez but I'm not sure how valid they are - Rodgers had been involved in senior roles (admittedly without being wholly successful) while Martinez wasn't asked to manage in the Premier League.

Having said all of that, over the last 24-48 hours I've come around more and more to thinking that something needed to be done. While performances have been decent enough in patches over the last month or so, we would have needed something more to keep us out of the relegation spots and I'm not sure Laudrup would have been able to provide it. The defeat at West Ham and particularly the lack of any sort of plan to combat Carroll and Nolan left me feeling really worried for the first time this season.

Thanks, Michael, for the Cup win and the Europa League adventure.

Good luck, Garry - we're all behind you.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 07:13 - Feb 5 with 1878 viewswaynekerr55

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 06:54 - Feb 5 by hardcoresoldier

Just come in here to gauge opinion on the decision made by Huw Jenkins today and i have to say i am amazed at how disrespectful some of the supporters have been towards Michael. This will be my first and only post here as i am a Liverpool supporter but also a big admirer of Laudrup for all he has achieved in the game. I just thought it might help to hear a neutral view as to how this is being viewed by the footballing world outside of your Club.

Let's look at Laudrup shall we?, he won numerous League Titles and Cups with Juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Ajax. Regarded by many as the best player of the 90's and one of the best players of all time. His first job as Danish assistant manager and his job at Brondby went well, building on that at Getafe, Spartak not so well and he redeemed himself at Mallorca before finally taking the Swans job. This is a man that commands the respect of any football person at any level. Basically, Swansea City were lucky to have him.

He wins Swansea City's first ever major trophy in his first Season in charge and gets them back into Europe for the first time in 12 years. He goes to Huw Jenkins and asks to sufficiently reinforce his Squad to cope with the rigours of an extra tournament. Huw Jenkins fails to back Laudrup and expects Laudrup to challenge on all fronts with a limited Squad. Then there was the dismissal of Bayram Tumutlu, Laudrup's trusted right hand man, a man who was pivotal in bringing the likes of Michu, Flores, De Guzman and Hernandez. It all went wrong from there.

I read a post in this thread earlier saying that Swansea lacked the ambition of Laudrup and that is a sad comment to read. Jenkins wants a yes man and Laudrup is certainly not that. Players were signed by Jenkins, not Laudrup and we all know how that ends. What is wrong with Laudrup wanting to sign better players? Nothing.

What you have in Jenkins is a dinosaur. Quick to tell of the time the Swans fans were collecting wages for players in buckets, just as quick to rip those same fans off when Swansea made it into the Premier League. All Jenkins sees is a cash cow and by Christ is he milking it. Laudrup asking for a decent transfer budget to bolster and improve the Squad would have drained that cow and Huw couldn't have that. I think all Swans fans are educated enough to know that all Jenkins wants is a team that will be constantly mid table, built on a budget and exist.

In Garry Monk he has that yes man, how he will unite this Squad i really don't know. This is the same man that Flores was prepared to smash a brick into the other week. All your best players came here for one reason, Michael Laudrup, and make no mistake they will leave in the Summer. Will Monk and Curtis keep the Swans up?

I very much doubt it. This is a colossal balls up by Jenkins. Huw needs to learn to trust a manager and let him run the team, his constant paranoia and interference will be to the detriment of the Swans Premier League survival. I'd like to think that Monk can unite this Squad but i doubt he can, the factions that were there already will now grow even further apart.

With all due respect to Monk and Curtis, they are not in the same League as Laudrup. They may command respect from the home grown players but to those who have been imported they mean nothing. The morale of the foreign players will drop and i think that is what will now happen to the Swans. The game on Saturday now takes on even more importance.

When all is said and done Huw Jenkins needs to remember where Swansea City came from. He needs to remember those fans who went around with their buckets collecting wages for players. If the Swans go down this Season then Mr. Jenkins won't be getting his sell outs every week, that is a given. Plus, who is to say those hardcore fans who have been priced out would want to return once tickets for matches are readily available? Once the Plastic Jacks are no longer able to watch United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc then the Season Ticket sales will drop.

The ordinary supporter ( the most important supporter may i add) has been forgotten about as Jenkins rakes in the cash. If the Swans Premier League status is lost then i'm sure Jenkins will be quick enough to remember them when it suits.

My missus is a Swans supporter and even she is becoming disillusioned with Jenkins and his little pantomime. People are always praising him for signing up these managers on long term contracts so he gets compensation. Surely the more pressing concern is why he feels the need to do it. Probably because he knows every quality manager that comes here will have more ambition than him.

The problem?, ambition requires investment in football, something Jenkins is clearly not prepared to do. You are trying to stay in this League and you sign Emnes, Ngog and Fulton.

Or on the flip side:

The same situation arises here as did in Moscow (training a shambles and players despising him) and in Mallorca and Getafe (the club didn't back me guv)

He should have gone in the summer, it's clear his heart wasn't in it and his agent touting him around was the start of the end

And as you should know players don't care about what managers did in their career. Look no further than your own club and the mess made by Souness and Dalglish in his 2nd spell. Brendan's doing alright despite not playing

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 07:16 - Feb 5 with 1869 viewsCoot

hardcoresoldier...

Check out how each of Laudrup's second managerial seasons have faired. Same old story.

A £12m record signing is not a mark of failed backing by the board and let's remember that Laudrup consistently told us that he wanted a smaller squad.

Sorry, I didn't read the rest as I got fed up of all of the inaccuracies. Must try harder.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 07:31 - Feb 5 with 1830 viewsthedrownedman

I'm not sure that I agree with those saying the timing wasn't perfect. Our performances, and as a consequence our results too, have been poor since around this time last year, which gave me the impression that Laudrup wasn't exactly going to turn things around all of a sudden.

Now, I'm not pissed at the board nor Laudrup. I just believe it was time to part company.

Even if we do go down this season I will have great memories of his tenure, which I doubt we'll manage to top in the coming years. What I liked most about Laudrup was his no-bollocks approach in the media. Completely gracious and honest, no arse-licking like Martinez and Rodgers.

A word or two on Monk. I doubt he'll be long term and I'd be surprised if the board haven't already got a list of candidates lined up. Didn't Huwbert say that they are always looking for potential managers?

I'm not 'glad' to 'see the back of' Laudrup, but it was time to move on.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 07:41 - Feb 5 with 1796 viewsDr_Winston

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 07:16 - Feb 5 by Coot

hardcoresoldier...

Check out how each of Laudrup's second managerial seasons have faired. Same old story.

A £12m record signing is not a mark of failed backing by the board and let's remember that Laudrup consistently told us that he wanted a smaller squad.

Sorry, I didn't read the rest as I got fed up of all of the inaccuracies. Must try harder.

Spot on.

Other fans believe what the media and pundits would have them believe.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 07:49 - Feb 5 with 1775 viewsHighjack

Pi$s off Bayram.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 07:56 - Feb 5 with 2468 viewsAngelRangelQS

Who the f*ck asked you?

I don't care what the "footballing world outside our club" thinks of us.

What an oddball
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024