Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup Gone 20:38 - Feb 4 with 1910 viewsJimmyRustler

Ludicrous.

Paid the price for over-achieving last year.
Laudrup Gone on 20:49 - Feb 4 with 1877 views442Dale

Not sure this is all about results. He was linked with other jobs last summer and it wouldn't have been surprising to see him leave at the end of this season wherever they finished. With a manager who might have one eye on the future, the players themselves possibly needed the change to keep them focused as relegation became a distinct possibility.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Laudrup Gone on 21:04 - Feb 4 with 1825 viewsTheViewFromRowZ

A truly ridiculous decision, he has done great things at Swansea! Who do they think they are, what is with football recently, he will land a much bigger job easily.
Laudrup Gone on 21:15 - Feb 4 with 1793 viewsrobbowood

Laudrup Gone on 21:04 - Feb 4 by TheViewFromRowZ

A truly ridiculous decision, he has done great things at Swansea! Who do they think they are, what is with football recently, he will land a much bigger job easily.

As each week passes football clubs in this country become more bonkers than ever in sacking their manager

I think Hilly is now the 40th longest serving manager and he's only been back just over a year !!!!
Laudrup Gone on 21:22 - Feb 4 with 1771 views442Dale

This is not a club acting hastily.

Swansea chairman:
'It is the first time in nearly 10 years that the club has parted with a manager in this way, but we had to remove the constant uncertainty surrounding the club and Michael’s long-term future with us. 
'I had a meeting with Michael today in a final attempt to support him and establish a way to improve the work of the backroom team to secure the results we need over the final 14 Premier League games. 
'However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years.'

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Laudrup Gone on 21:30 - Feb 4 with 1748 viewsrobbowood

Laudrup Gone on 21:22 - Feb 4 by 442Dale

Swansea chairman:
'It is the first time in nearly 10 years that the club has parted with a manager in this way, but we had to remove the constant uncertainty surrounding the club and Michael’s long-term future with us. 
'I had a meeting with Michael today in a final attempt to support him and establish a way to improve the work of the backroom team to secure the results we need over the final 14 Premier League games. 
'However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years.'

we will see at the end of the season if the Swansea chairman has made the right decision - but it is a bit of a risk bringing in (presumably) a new manager with only 14 games to go - even though I agree it isn't a hasty decision as such
Laudrup Gone on 21:32 - Feb 4 with 1741 viewsClivert

Laudrup Gone on 21:22 - Feb 4 by 442Dale

Swansea chairman:

Joe Kinnear and his 'contacts' are once again available as of today, perhaps that's too tempting for the Swansea board?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 21:36]
Laudrup Gone on 21:37 - Feb 4 with 1729 viewsJimmyRustler

Injuries and The Europa League has been the plague of Swansea this season. That being said, I'm surprised that they weren't a lot more active in the January transfer window. Despite their recent run of form, I can't ever say I felt like they were going to get relegated this season. Laudrup was the victim of success and raised expectations - I personally can't see anything more to it than that.
Laudrup Gone on 22:35 - Feb 4 with 1605 views49thseason

Missing Michu badly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024