Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread 12:00 - Feb 7 with 38927 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:07 - Feb 8 with 2202 viewsalphonseM

Good match, great result - I'm sure we would have had a similar result if only we had kept ML.
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:10 - Feb 8 with 2167 viewsswanny

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:07 - Feb 8 by alphonseM

Good match, great result - I'm sure we would have had a similar result if only we had kept ML.

some people (those who count, actually) weren't prepared to risk it.

and that's the bottom line

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:11 - Feb 8 with 2149 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 19:59 - Feb 8 by reddythered

First half, we had 4 shots against your six. Both had one on target.

Let's be blunt, the first half was awful from both sides.

You won as you raised your game second half having said that, if the Bellamy shot had gone in, who knows what would have happened.

Always felt you were good enough to push for top six this season so... "fair play", hmm, well I am working in Swansea at the moment...

Stats don't tell the story at all. You were barely in the first half, but yes you could have grabbed a goal with 1 jones chance (the rest weren't close; and neither were ours).

That was almost as abject as our 'performance' as ours at West ham last week. But we were always going to be fired up- big question for us is can we deliver when the stakes don't appear so high?

Going to be a mental end to the season- what, 12 games left. Fulham look doomed. Sunderland? Norwich? Squeaky bum time (for all of us)!
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:12 - Feb 8 with 2140 viewsChefbech

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 19:24 - Feb 8 by TheFranchise

I love you all.

Danes, any thoughts?

Here is a thought.

Say ML was behind the team today with a 3-0 win. Who would then be talking about sacking? It was a panic move by HJ.

Thanks to ML the team has so much quality that it can easily do without Monk. He is just picking up the points laying before him. IMO Swansea will easily get 40 points or more this season, no matter if it is ML or Monk who is in control.

ML gave Swansea so much. It was an overreaction to let him go. And yes - he would probably leave this summer - but instead of having to pay him (like now) Swansea could have made good money on him. Sacking him seems like a poor business plan.

Anyway, ML or Monk, it was nice to see Cardiff getting beaten today. For a Dane it is even better, when a Norwegian guy (Ole) looses. Not to mention that Cardiff sold their Danish player (Cornelius) back to FC Copenhagen loosing quite some money on the deal. Cornelius returned the favor by making a hattrick in his first appearance for FC Copenhagen yesterday.

Now Swansea is looking good in 10th position and I would not be surprised if we get another 3 point against Stoke in the next game. First game ended 3-3 which, if I am not mistaken - was quite an unfair result (they equalized in 90+5).
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:16 - Feb 8 with 2082 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:12 - Feb 8 by Chefbech

Here is a thought.

Say ML was behind the team today with a 3-0 win. Who would then be talking about sacking? It was a panic move by HJ.

Thanks to ML the team has so much quality that it can easily do without Monk. He is just picking up the points laying before him. IMO Swansea will easily get 40 points or more this season, no matter if it is ML or Monk who is in control.

ML gave Swansea so much. It was an overreaction to let him go. And yes - he would probably leave this summer - but instead of having to pay him (like now) Swansea could have made good money on him. Sacking him seems like a poor business plan.

Anyway, ML or Monk, it was nice to see Cardiff getting beaten today. For a Dane it is even better, when a Norwegian guy (Ole) looses. Not to mention that Cardiff sold their Danish player (Cornelius) back to FC Copenhagen loosing quite some money on the deal. Cornelius returned the favor by making a hattrick in his first appearance for FC Copenhagen yesterday.

Now Swansea is looking good in 10th position and I would not be surprised if we get another 3 point against Stoke in the next game. First game ended 3-3 which, if I am not mistaken - was quite an unfair result (they equalized in 90+5).

This is not about Danish pride this is bout SCFC.

Are you with us or not?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:19 - Feb 8 with 2046 viewsEdmundo

Thankyou swanse city, love you guys...what a friggin fantastic performance.
Another performance like that against the stokies please.
;-)

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:21 - Feb 8 with 2011 viewsreddythered

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:12 - Feb 8 by Chefbech

Here is a thought.

I saw the hat-trick by Cornelius.

Boy it was so impressive, huh? I mean, we're really seriously talking Messi quality goals. Oh, wait by "talking" I meant "talking using heavy sarcasm".

As for the rest of it... what nationalistic garbage. Swansea played today as I felt they would all season; difference being they have a manager who *grits teeth* actually gives a sh1t rather than one motivated by naked self-interest.

Can understand why the bulk of Danish "Swansea" fans aren't held in the highest regard.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:22 - Feb 8 with 1995 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:21 - Feb 8 by reddythered

Boy it was so impressive, huh? I mean, we're really seriously talking Messi quality goals. Oh, wait by "talking" I meant "talking using heavy sarcasm".

As for the rest of it... what nationalistic garbage. Swansea played today as I felt they would all season; difference being they have a manager who *grits teeth* actually gives a sh1t rather than one motivated by naked self-interest.

Can understand why the bulk of Danish "Swansea" fans aren't held in the highest regard.

Well said

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:26 - Feb 8 with 1955 viewsreddythered

And getting back to Cornelius, some of it wasn't his fault - Moody/Mackay wanted him, Moody arranged the deal. Not his fault he was on ridiculously high wages. If he was on a lower deal, I'd no doubt he'd have been given more time.

Fact it, a player clearly not ready for his level was eating up a fair bit of wages. For a Danish fan to somehow want to big that up... silliness in the extreme.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:31 - Feb 8 with 1896 viewsJonnyTheJack

Haven't felt like this in while. Great win. The big difference from the game at Cardiff was how positive the team was, both in the way they played and the team selection.

We're still only 4 points off the bottom 3 so there's still a lot of work to do, starting Wednesday, but i'm so proud after that especially for Monk.
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:34 - Feb 8 with 1872 viewsAl_Bundy

Great win and a visible confidence lift in the players from the start.

Monk set them up well I have to say.
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:35 - Feb 8 with 1863 viewsgibs0n

Maybe we should just assume that the Danes who are still here like Swansea?
Everyone started to fancy a team for a reason. It can be for geographical reasons, a club bought their favorite player, they hired their favorite manager or they married a local girl. Everyone has been a "new" fan.

When I was a kid Juventus bought my favorite player. He left two years later (maybe 20 years ago), but I have liked the club ever since. I'm not fanatic about the teams I follow, but I have my favorites. Swansea and Juventus.
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:37 - Feb 8 with 1846 viewsDavillin

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 18:31 - Feb 8 by icecoldjack

Routs is doing fine, so what has changed with us ?

Well, nothing really, there isn't a single difference to how we go about games,especially in the final 3rd.
I don't expect monk to be a master appointment so we really need to think about what it was that desperately needed changing,there is a risk half the team will sulk for laudrup in the coming weeks and I don't really see us setting out any different .

Pablo needs to make a mark ,because we need a defense splitting pass or something a bit special here now!

Cmon the swans !

How wrong can you be? My response is after the final whistle, of course.

They played more like the Swansea of the past several years, were 100% more self-disciplined, and played with more enthusiasm and will than they have for a year.

In my opinion, Monk and Jenkins did what he said he'd do - restored the Swansea philosophy. Candidly, although I had faith in them, I am surprised that it happened so quickly.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:42 - Feb 8 with 1795 viewsswanny

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:37 - Feb 8 by Davillin

How wrong can you be? My response is after the final whistle, of course.

They played more like the Swansea of the past several years, were 100% more self-disciplined, and played with more enthusiasm and will than they have for a year.

In my opinion, Monk and Jenkins did what he said he'd do - restored the Swansea philosophy. Candidly, although I had faith in them, I am surprised that it happened so quickly.

*this* am so relieved...phew

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:49 - Feb 8 with 1746 viewsChefbech

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:21 - Feb 8 by reddythered

Never said that Cornelius was quality striker. I can easily understand those that think he was both overrated and in over his head. Just liked the irony...
Nationalistic garbage? Surely you have no knowledge on how Norwegians/Swedes/Danes like to pic on each other whenever there is a chance...

I agree that "Swansea played today as I felt they would all season".

But saying that ML was only motivated by naked self-interest is just stupid . So is your remark about Danish fans.

By the way. A manager who "grits teeth"? Anyone can do that - and say Monk did that while loosing several games - would that then be a quality? Engaging in a fight during training is apparently also a quality of his...
;-)
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:49 - Feb 8 with 1744 viewsDavillin

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:42 - Feb 8 by swanny

p.s. So am I!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:51 - Feb 8 with 1726 viewsperchrockjack

Who gives ashuite who s right or wrong positive or negative. That s how we play and whats been missing for months

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:51 - Feb 8 with 1729 viewsChefbech

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:35 - Feb 8 by gibs0n

Maybe we should just assume that the Danes who are still here like Swansea?
Everyone started to fancy a team for a reason. It can be for geographical reasons, a club bought their favorite player, they hired their favorite manager or they married a local girl. Everyone has been a "new" fan.

When I was a kid Juventus bought my favorite player. He left two years later (maybe 20 years ago), but I have liked the club ever since. I'm not fanatic about the teams I follow, but I have my favorites. Swansea and Juventus.

Well said!
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:05 - Feb 8 with 1632 viewsairedale

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:42 - Feb 8 by swanny

How's the Merlot going?
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:07 - Feb 8 with 1621 viewsPlasticman

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:10 - Feb 8 by swanny

some people (those who count, actually) weren't prepared to risk it.

and that's the bottom line

From the sounds of it, it wasn't really the results that was to blame, which would have been silly too.

Erosion of core principles? I'm taking a wild stab in the dark that Laudrups humility and the transfer policy of not shirking with the wallet in the same degree as previous managers were those 'core principles' the board didn't apreciate.

How they want to 'beat anyone' without loosening up the pouch is beyond me, but we'll just have to see how things pan out in the following seasons I guess.

Plastic since 2012

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:12 - Feb 8 with 1594 viewsPlasticman

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:31 - Feb 8 by JonnyTheJack

Haven't felt like this in while. Great win. The big difference from the game at Cardiff was how positive the team was, both in the way they played and the team selection.

We're still only 4 points off the bottom 3 so there's still a lot of work to do, starting Wednesday, but i'm so proud after that especially for Monk.

Actually, I felt the difference was Ash not sulking in his corner and playing like he should have had all season.

Make of that what you want.

Plastic since 2012

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:12 - Feb 8 with 1593 viewsreddythered

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:07 - Feb 8 by Plasticman

From the sounds of it, it wasn't really the results that was to blame, which would have been silly too.

Erosion of core principles? I'm taking a wild stab in the dark that Laudrups humility and the transfer policy of not shirking with the wallet in the same degree as previous managers were those 'core principles' the board didn't apreciate.

How they want to 'beat anyone' without loosening up the pouch is beyond me, but we'll just have to see how things pan out in the following seasons I guess.

Guess what? Swansea were promoted, beating teams in the Prem without "loosening the pouch".

Laudrup and humility? Interesting...

Swansea will do well without Laudrup.

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:14 - Feb 8 with 1580 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Was touch and go before the 1st goal, we huffed and puffed a lot in the 1st half without offering much, and they had a couple of opportunities. Was pretty much business as usual and some shuffling in seats in evidence.

Then we get a little pay-back from the £5 million paid for Pablo with a stunning ball for Routs, would have been rude not to score from there. After that it was men against boys (Bellend's effort aside...).

We did what we had to do: confirmed the hierarchy in welsh football and got the 3 points.

Great to have Canas back, Emnes looked lively, Clean sheet, food chain re-confirmed in welsh football, Monk: 100% win record in premier league = best manager in history, Swans up to 10th, another nail in the scum coffin.

Sweet.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:16 - Feb 8 with 1563 viewsperchrockjack

And on the the hand the Boil that was festering our team has bene lanced and the team is now free of the puss.
We ll know in MAY but if we do stay up it will not be down to Laudrup or what he did LAST season.
To me the BOARD gave him more time they they should have to get results which is what its all about.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:19 - Feb 8 with 1541 viewsPlasticman

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:12 - Feb 8 by reddythered

Guess what? Swansea were promoted, beating teams in the Prem without "loosening the pouch".

Laudrup and humility? Interesting...

Swansea will do well without Laudrup.

It's well documented that Laudrup split up the league into 'the big boys' and 'those we can compete with'. It's also on press statements that this mentality was something Jenkins utterly disliked.

Laudrup is reserved, no doubt about that. But he also strikes me as far from arrogant as a person can be.

Plastic since 2012

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024