Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup to replace Moyes ? 18:06 - Feb 9 with 3152 viewsLiberty

Well, even we beat Fulham and Laudrup has European experience and success as player and manager.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 18:07 - Feb 9 with 2447 viewsBanosswan

I think Moyes will have this season and next season, bad start to the next and he's gone.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 18:16 - Feb 9 with 2389 viewsLiberty

Moyes is being kept on, because he chats to the tea lady, gives hugs, sends funny texts to the players , doesn't like short breaks abroad and stands and shouts from sideline .

Everything you want in a manager.

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 18:27 - Feb 9 with 2345 viewsgibs0n

I think they will stick with Moyes for a couple of seasons as long as he is top 8.
...and if sacked, then I don't think they go for ML.
Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 18:36 - Feb 9 with 2317 viewsLiberty

By all accounts, he didn't sign his own Christmas cards and that was final straw.

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 18:53 - Feb 9 with 2266 viewsBloodyhills

No chance.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:04 - Feb 9 with 2239 viewsLiberty

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 18:53 - Feb 9 by Bloodyhills

No chance.

I was kidding, but it is getting silly season with all the theories being put forward.

Managers who left us, when we didn' t want them to , who tried to rip our team apart are being put up on a pedastal.

Manager who gets sacked, having done a decent job is getting dragged down to lowest scum, in order for fans to justify decision.

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:23 - Feb 9 with 2179 viewsBloodyhills

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:04 - Feb 9 by Liberty

I was kidding, but it is getting silly season with all the theories being put forward.

Managers who left us, when we didn' t want them to , who tried to rip our team apart are being put up on a pedastal.

Manager who gets sacked, having done a decent job is getting dragged down to lowest scum, in order for fans to justify decision.

Well, I think Laudrup is a decent guy but the results and the lacklustre way we have been playing made it look like we could well be relegated and something had to be done to make sure we stay in the prem. We have been poor, apart from the odd half, for all of this season and a large chunk of last season.

I certainly don't agree with looking for all sorts of crazy reasons to justify his sacking.

For me it's just down to football reasons and I am now much more hopeful we'll say up.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:34 - Feb 9 with 2148 viewsLiberty

We have won 1 match since he left, and suddenly lots of fans who were all doom and gloom , suddenly we are 10th and looking good.

We never looked bad enough to be relegated, just some started to believe the negative spin.

For those about to throw stats at me, if Laudrup had still been manager and we beat Cardiff, it would still have all been doom and gloom, yeh 10th but look how close to bottom 3. Thats how I see it, his cards were marked regardless of anything that happened on field.

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:40 - Feb 9 with 2112 viewsJokeren1943

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:34 - Feb 9 by Liberty

We have won 1 match since he left, and suddenly lots of fans who were all doom and gloom , suddenly we are 10th and looking good.

We never looked bad enough to be relegated, just some started to believe the negative spin.

For those about to throw stats at me, if Laudrup had still been manager and we beat Cardiff, it would still have all been doom and gloom, yeh 10th but look how close to bottom 3. Thats how I see it, his cards were marked regardless of anything that happened on field.

Fans have a short term memory - they remember max 4 games back (often only 1-2). A good football club is not runned by a few good games.

The reality is we do still not have a clue how Monk is as manager (before he has some months). I think he will do okay, but only time will show.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 19:41]
Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:42 - Feb 9 with 2095 viewsmonmouth

Why do you care so much? He's gone. King is dead, long live the king. I'm sure he's quite able to defend himself if he thinks it's worth a fack, which I doubt.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:46 - Feb 9 with 2078 viewsMyrddin

I don't think Laudrup will go to a top club immediately now, he needs to take a club like ourselves and repeat what he has done here and at the other clubs he has managed.

I still believe he is a good manager and that wherever he goes he will be successful. He was turning us into something we are not, and when you listen to one of the interviews with Monk, it's so obvious that it was the right thing to do.

I think it was along the lines of ML wanted us to react to other teams, whereas GM believes we should make the others react to us. Subtle change in attitude but significant.

ML always seemed to identify the games that we could get points from and in the Europa League we even played well at a tactically significant time. So the guy knows what he is doing, I didn't believe that we would go down under Laudrup. Yet I still thought we weren't improving. A club with a bigger budget and less loyalty to it's players may be a better fit for him.

I don't want the guy to take the United job, I think you get one opportunity to manage a club like that. Unless you are a Top manager.
Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:52 - Feb 9 with 2037 viewsBloodyhills

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:34 - Feb 9 by Liberty

Sure, it's early days with Monk but at least the players looked like they wanted to be their.

Also one win in ten premier games is relegation form and if you think that that plus the fact we were just 2 points above the relegation places was us 'looking good'. well I have to disagree.

And statistics do count for something, the important one being that at the end of the season we have more points than the bottom three.

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:56 - Feb 9 with 2008 viewsSwansNZ

" Laudrup has European experience" - so? they way it's going, they will not qualify for any European competition next year - oh, how funny that would be

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 20:00 - Feb 9 with 1980 viewsLiberty

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:42 - Feb 9 by monmouth

Why do you care so much? He's gone. King is dead, long live the king. I'm sure he's quite able to defend himself if he thinks it's worth a fack, which I doubt.

Less than a week ago, he was our manager. If my best mate , good work colleague, or someone I had faith in and played a big part in one of the loves of my life ( the swans) was told to f - off, I can't change loyalty immediately.

Looks like a character flaw of mine, as clearly in the minority, but its the way it is.

Then when people start to slag off the friend, colleague, manager- I get defensive, always have done, prob always will. Doesn't win u many friends as not one to follow the crowd, but in the dna.

Sorry u asked now

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 20:03 - Feb 9 with 1966 viewsmonmouth

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 20:00 - Feb 9 by Liberty

Less than a week ago, he was our manager. If my best mate , good work colleague, or someone I had faith in and played a big part in one of the loves of my life ( the swans) was told to f - off, I can't change loyalty immediately.

Looks like a character flaw of mine, as clearly in the minority, but its the way it is.

Then when people start to slag off the friend, colleague, manager- I get defensive, always have done, prob always will. Doesn't win u many friends as not one to follow the crowd, but in the dna.

Sorry u asked now

No. Fair enough.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 20:40 - Feb 9 with 1874 viewsLiberty

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 19:52 - Feb 9 by Bloodyhills

Sure, it's early days with Monk but at least the players looked like they wanted to be their.

Also one win in ten premier games is relegation form and if you think that that plus the fact we were just 2 points above the relegation places was us 'looking good'. well I have to disagree.

And statistics do count for something, the important one being that at the end of the season we have more points than the bottom three.

If the players couldn't raise their game and didn't have the heart when playing for Laudrup, if its to be believed, then sorry but that reflects worse on the players in my eyes.

Monk club captain, Williams captain on the pitch- if Laudrup was too quiet, subdued, they could have more than made up for that , if they chose to.

If playing for Swans in the premiership is not motivation enough, I give up.

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 20:55 - Feb 9 with 1816 viewsSpratty

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 20:00 - Feb 9 by Liberty

Sorry u asked now

This this and this

and if anyone shits on Garry or Huw I would be supporting them also like I did with the Tutu incident (although I am starting to wonder what was actually going on back then).

However I do not like the nasty unsubstantiated insults to someone not in a position to defend themselves.

Remember Huw himself said that ML is the most genuine and honest person you could meet.
Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 21:36 - Feb 9 with 1717 viewsrossshaw

The moment when swans didn't attack vs chelsea away when we were 1-0 down and they were backing off, is the time when my faith in ML went
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 21:39]

Trundle could still do a job..

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 21:42 - Feb 9 with 1680 viewsLiberty

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 21:36 - Feb 9 by rossshaw

The moment when swans didn't attack vs chelsea away when we were 1-0 down and they were backing off, is the time when my faith in ML went
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 21:39]

So you turned on our manager, when we lost 1-0 away to Chelsea, serioulsy.

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 22:03 - Feb 9 with 1605 viewsSwansNZ

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 21:42 - Feb 9 by Liberty

I don't think he said that - he said when we did not attack even when losing - i.e. did not try to even salvage a point = gave up. Possibly the idea was that we could not complete with them, so best to keep our goal difference as good as possible.

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 22:10 - Feb 9 with 1557 viewsraynor94

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 22:03 - Feb 9 by SwansNZ

I don't think he said that - he said when we did not attack even when losing - i.e. did not try to even salvage a point = gave up. Possibly the idea was that we could not complete with them, so best to keep our goal difference as good as possible.

Eloquently put and spot on

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 22:15 - Feb 9 with 1555 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 21:42 - Feb 9 by Liberty

In fairness I think that the 2-0 reverse at West Ham , the surrender at Birmingham in the League Cup , the loss to Cardiff when a didn't even look interested and the complete change of emphasis from our quick fluid attacking style like witnessed at QPR (ML said himself he didn't want to "pass for passing's sake - since the start of the season that's what we've been doing) and 33 points from 34 or so games made the decision inevitable in my opinion.

Add to that the Bayram incident where he disgracefully called Jenkins a liar (funny how he never backed that up) and received no censure from Laudrup and this is where we are. I'll always thank Michael for a wonderful first season and the cup win which placed his tenure on record as our greatest ever manager but things slipped badly, even though we went out and spent £12 million on one of the best strikers in the PL (as Wilf is showing himself to be) .

He did show a Laissez Faire attitude and I think the sabotage times may have a good insight into what happened, reading this piece.

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/swansea-arrogant-laudrup-grew-lazy-living-off

Huw Jenkins doesn't write for the ST. I know you may feel ML has been possibly mistreated but the club comes first second and third. I think we should really show loyalty to the board.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 22:28 - Feb 9 with 1510 viewsSCB1985

Laudrup can be a good manager when he wants to be. Last season was our best ever. With no discredit to us, we were gifted the league cup, Liverpool were beatable but Chelsea was a big hurdle but the rest were must wins. The league went fantastic but michu wasn't injured.

This season he seemed to change is tune, he seemed to only care about the cups and bottom table fixtures. Wrong attitude if you ask me.
Over the months I was getting sick of him, he masked this with injury problems and some of the wins we had.

I have heard that he would be in his office during training, he won't train in the rain, never spoke or watched the u21s. That shouldn't be a way to run a club.

It pissed me of when he said Andy Carroll s red card was harsh. No support for his team there, spinless prat if you ask me.

I'm glad he's gone he was rotting the club slowly, so slow that we didn't notice it happen. Some still don't notice that he was rotting us. His agent was a fool and since his trouble laudrup passion visibly subsided and results showed that.

Have point out that laudrup didn't get us to the final 32 of the Europa league . The teams performance in Valencia did that. If we lost that game we wouldn't of got further.

Poll: whats more important to you

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 22:30 - Feb 9 with 1498 viewsLiberty

Our away form, which has seen us concede less goals away than Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd to name just a few, has see our less than gung ho away approach more than justified, and helped get us to where we are.

Throwing the kitchen sink at Chelsea away even when 1-0 down, is rarely a tactic that brings positive great results.

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 22:41 - Feb 9 with 1459 viewsSwansNZ

Laudrup to replace Moyes ? on 22:30 - Feb 9 by Liberty

Our away form, which has seen us concede less goals away than Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd to name just a few, has see our less than gung ho away approach more than justified, and helped get us to where we are.

Throwing the kitchen sink at Chelsea away even when 1-0 down, is rarely a tactic that brings positive great results.

It's points that count, not how many goals you concede. While those teams have concede more goals than us, that means absolutely nothing - look at the points they have won away from home.

You have your Laudrup blinkers on - how about you look at the goals we have scored away from home - which only palace and cardiff have less, I think.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024