Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 71135 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:51 - Feb 18 with 2465 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:36 - Feb 18 by marchamjack

Our club made a PR disaster of this...really?

No they didn't. Have you noticed the dignified silence from on high at our club and the seamless filling of the gap by a man that so far, we're probably virtually all behind.

Compare that to the absolute circus up the road. Chalk and cheese. No proper comparison.

it's only outsiders (London press, media pundits) who don't really know how our club is run, that are putting it about that we shouldn't have sacked ML and that it's any surprise.

Not to say Huw & Co are blameless and couldn't learn a few things, but PR disaster...laughable.

Is that the same dignified silence that Huw jenkins was talking to the Daily Mail about RE audrup needing to do better, or maybe the same dignified silence when repeating it in the program notes a few months later ??

Jog on with that nonsense please.

As confirmed by Laudrup the lub also leaked private information into the media ,yes very dignified!!

jeez,some people ..
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:52 - Feb 18 with 2448 viewsalphonseM

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:48 - Feb 18 by Darran

To me?
Nobody disses the Swans.

You're the problem here. You're the one making the Swans look like a nasty bunch of hill billies. Think the journalists don't track this board?
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:53 - Feb 18 with 2429 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:52 - Feb 18 by alphonseM

You're the problem here. You're the one making the Swans look like a nasty bunch of hill billies. Think the journalists don't track this board?

The thick f*ckers in Denmark probably do,there's not much else going on there like is there?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:54 - Feb 18 with 2419 viewsJackhero

Great another differing of opinions which turns into a personal attack on each other. Typical thread on here though I suppose.

Thing is i can see where icecold is coming from as I get similar info from certain people within the club, there have been rumblings for months now and anyone from within the club could see the sh it would hit the fan sooner or later. The fact is I don't, and nor should icecold publicly announce the 'rumours' he hears on a forum. I'm sure he was told or his contact was told in confidence, your obviously not to be trusted. I'm with Huw though, the man and his board have run this club very well since they took over, if something was wrong then they have done the right thing. Even some of the players have said we needed a change have they not?

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:54 - Feb 18 with 2418 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:50 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

I can't get worked up about it though. No idea why you are. He's gone, he's unhappy about it and wants to bitch a bit. Can't say I blame him even though it's a bit attention seeking for my liking.

Agree with you Ux.

Don't think there was much need to come out in the press as the club haven't slagged him off, but IF what he is saying is true about the meeting, it shows Jenkins to be a bit gutless.

Another thing, I only read on WalesOnline, but the Bony question, surely if Bony was his signing he would just confirm it, with the success he is having at the moment it would just be another brownie point.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:55 - Feb 18 with 2394 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:50 - Feb 18 by Darran

I've just realised who you are now,nobody on the other site is there?

606 ?? jackarmy.net ??

Nothing beats this place though Darren,its the warm glow that i feel when you publish the bullets made for you by others..
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:56 - Feb 18 with 2384 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:51 - Feb 18 by icecoldjack

Is that the same dignified silence that Huw jenkins was talking to the Daily Mail about RE audrup needing to do better, or maybe the same dignified silence when repeating it in the program notes a few months later ??

Jog on with that nonsense please.

As confirmed by Laudrup the lub also leaked private information into the media ,yes very dignified!!

jeez,some people ..

Saying the Daily Mail when it was the Observer is always good for a story too.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:57 - Feb 18 with 2373 viewsllangyfelach

See, I said we signed the wrong Laudrup at the time

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:57 - Feb 18 with 2370 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:55 - Feb 18 by icecoldjack

606 ?? jackarmy.net ??

Nothing beats this place though Darren,its the warm glow that i feel when you publish the bullets made for you by others..

Thank you NJ.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:58 - Feb 18 with 2355 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:54 - Feb 18 by blaine_scfc

Agree with you Ux.

Don't think there was much need to come out in the press as the club haven't slagged him off, but IF what he is saying is true about the meeting, it shows Jenkins to be a bit gutless.

Another thing, I only read on WalesOnline, but the Bony question, surely if Bony was his signing he would just confirm it, with the success he is having at the moment it would just be another brownie point.

Seems clear Bony wasn't his signing. That's a bit worrying.

Gutless? Not the word I'd use. Plus we only have one side of the story, although it does seem that there were meetings in the morning and then after that the board decided to get rid. If that was by email then I agree that's a poor show. From what I've heard there's a lot more to it though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:59 - Feb 18 with 2350 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:53 - Feb 18 by Darran

The thick f*ckers in Denmark probably do,there's not much else going on there like is there?

Were you over in copenhagen and Malmo Darren? i dont think there was a single Jack that didnt have an Awesome time with the lads from Denmark, real good laugh with great people and the welcome we had was truely great, a shame your so narrow minded.

Parocial is your middle name i think

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:00 - Feb 18 with 2331 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:58 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

Seems clear Bony wasn't his signing. That's a bit worrying.

Gutless? Not the word I'd use. Plus we only have one side of the story, although it does seem that there were meetings in the morning and then after that the board decided to get rid. If that was by email then I agree that's a poor show. From what I've heard there's a lot more to it though.

If you shake someones hand saying "good job" then send them a message dismissing them is gutless to me. Have the balls to say it to his face. Like you said though, only one side to the story.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:01 - Feb 18 with 2311 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:49 - Feb 18 by scottishjack

Dear Michael,

Thanks for last season, it was great. Sorry that things didn't work out this year, but hey, that's football eh?

Now then, since Garry came in, we have picked up 4 points out of 6 in the league and gave a good account of ourselves at Everton with a team made up with several players that I doubt you would even recognize.

You have been sacked before because of issues with your backroom team, and have clearly failed to recognize that there is an issue in this area? Despite our results and more worryingly, performances dropping sharply? What generally happens in the real world is that if employers decide that things need to change, as they are the ones in charge (Not you by the way), then things need to change.

I wasn't sure whether it was loyalty to your pals, or your ego refusing to believe that you could be wrong...until today.

That press conference? Was there really any point other than self publicity? If you and the board have a dispute, then follow the legal processes that apparently prevent you from saying too much anyway. To do it just a couple of days before we play Napoli just smacks of a spoiled child throwing his toys out of his pram. If you really cared that much about "Your" players, then maybe you wouldn't want anything unsettling before a big match?

All the best...

P.S. It might have been easier all round, especially for the commentators and journalists over here if we had hired Brian instead.

+10
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:02 - Feb 18 with 2299 viewsSpratty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:29 - Feb 18 by paulv2k4

Why doesn't he just stop crying and move on?

Seriously Michael, whats the point of this PC? If you hold such a high regard for the club and it's players, then just shut up and take your money. Move to a different club and see if they will take your players who want over 50K a week each to play in the Premier League.

Respect is a 2 way street

When he was approached re a much higher profile position

Did he take it and say stop crying you got ya cup

No he acted with loyalty and respect for our club and the players. I have no doubt what he achieved here meant as much to him as it did to us. Remember all aboard the dream train?

And even if we wanted to part we could very easily have done it with respect rather than squealing like pigs which has done little for our reputation.

Very sad for all concerned.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:02 - Feb 18 with 2295 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:00 - Feb 18 by blaine_scfc

If you shake someones hand saying "good job" then send them a message dismissing them is gutless to me. Have the balls to say it to his face. Like you said though, only one side to the story.

Yes, fair point. I suspect more will come out now. Could be fun.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:02 - Feb 18 with 2284 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:59 - Feb 18 by icecoldjack

Were you over in copenhagen and Malmo Darren? i dont think there was a single Jack that didnt have an Awesome time with the lads from Denmark, real good laugh with great people and the welcome we had was truely great, a shame your so narrow minded.

I was talking about journos try and keep up.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:03 - Feb 18 with 2270 viewsswan65split

Looking in from the outside another Club Chairman would think , you said nothing, its not your fault, I was going to stay...???, you better ask them, We won the Cup we finished better than we hoped., but 3 points above relegation and playing crap ..............held a pointless press conference a few days before the Clubs biggest game in Europe feeding the reporters by saying nothing against your former employers.

Manage in the Premiership again??? .................no chance.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:03 - Feb 18 with 2263 viewsOldjack

I cant' see what all the fuss is about, 9 wins in 38 says it all ,take on the chin Mike ffs and move on, Chapter over

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:04 - Feb 18 with 2258 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:59 - Feb 18 by icecoldjack

Are you saying his parents are illiterate? Shame on you.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:04 - Feb 18 with 2250 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:03 - Feb 18 by Oldjack

I cant' see what all the fuss is about, 9 wins in 38 says it all ,take on the chin Mike ffs and move on, Chapter over

Well said Alan.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:06 - Feb 18 with 2223 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:54 - Feb 18 by Jackhero

Great another differing of opinions which turns into a personal attack on each other. Typical thread on here though I suppose.

Thing is i can see where icecold is coming from as I get similar info from certain people within the club, there have been rumblings for months now and anyone from within the club could see the sh it would hit the fan sooner or later. The fact is I don't, and nor should icecold publicly announce the 'rumours' he hears on a forum. I'm sure he was told or his contact was told in confidence, your obviously not to be trusted. I'm with Huw though, the man and his board have run this club very well since they took over, if something was wrong then they have done the right thing. Even some of the players have said we needed a change have they not?

A very good point, and most of what i hear stays safely away , what i dont like though is people like Darren inventing total nonsense which creates a negative vibe that eventually filters onto the terraces as gospel, his anti laudrup agenda is laughable and serves no purpose at all.

I dont care if the club want to sack Laudrup,i know they wouldnt take it lightly and trust they do the best they can but there is a way to go about it ,they have not done this and have left themselves open for a very bumpy ride in terms of how we will be perceived by future managers and coaches and even players .

There was no reason for SCFC to be on anybdies back page with this non event, but due to the hamfisted way they have gone about things they now look rag arse FC instead of a well run and respected premier leaugue football club.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:07 - Feb 18 with 2211 viewsllangyfelach

The man has been responsible for many of the clubs "firsts". I'll always be grateful to him for that, and I wish that this could have kept until the end of the season (I don't believe for a minute he had any intention of staying with us another year, before the press conference I assumed that was a given). Just gutted to see what the whole situation has turned into.

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:08 - Feb 18 with 2179 viewsSpratty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:38 - Feb 18 by Darran

Yeah we've been very unprofessional over the last 10 years haven't
we?
There's only on prick here I'm afraid.

Great self analysis Dazzzza
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:10 - Feb 18 with 2156 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:06 - Feb 18 by icecoldjack

A very good point, and most of what i hear stays safely away , what i dont like though is people like Darren inventing total nonsense which creates a negative vibe that eventually filters onto the terraces as gospel, his anti laudrup agenda is laughable and serves no purpose at all.

I dont care if the club want to sack Laudrup,i know they wouldnt take it lightly and trust they do the best they can but there is a way to go about it ,they have not done this and have left themselves open for a very bumpy ride in terms of how we will be perceived by future managers and coaches and even players .

There was no reason for SCFC to be on anybdies back page with this non event, but due to the hamfisted way they have gone about things they now look rag arse FC instead of a well run and respected premier leaugue football club.

Yeah it's all my fault.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:10 - Feb 18 with 2143 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:02 - Feb 18 by Darran

I was talking about journos try and keep up.

Yes i know ,come from Denmark dont they ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024