Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Laudrup good with his fists? 20:43 - Feb 18 with 2605 viewsGlyn1

Is Laudrup known for punching people or for being very bad tempered? I'm trying to understand why they sacked him by e-mail without telling him first. It's not the Swansea way.

I haven't heard the interview - did he know that he was in danger of losing his job?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 20:44 - Feb 18 with 2596 viewsThursday

The club wanted to tell him in person, but it was raining.
Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 20:52 - Feb 18 with 2524 viewsLohengrin

It's a very ill-mannered way of going about things. The board are all men they should have the integrity to behave like decent ones.

Although it was clear that something had to give there is right and a wrong way of doing things. Laudrup was an employee of the club, a previously succesful one at that. I find it personally distasteful that he wasn't granted the courtesy of being informed of his dismissal face-to-face. Very disappointing.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 20:54 - Feb 18 with 2508 viewsThursday

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 20:52 - Feb 18 by Lohengrin

It's a very ill-mannered way of going about things. The board are all men they should have the integrity to behave like decent ones.

Although it was clear that something had to give there is right and a wrong way of doing things. Laudrup was an employee of the club, a previously succesful one at that. I find it personally distasteful that he wasn't granted the courtesy of being informed of his dismissal face-to-face. Very disappointing.

I find it difficult to believe it happened this way. It would make sense to receive something documented, albeit via email. But, for an email to be the first mention... there would have to be extreme circumstances for that. I can't imagine Laudrup being involved in a situation that would call for that.
Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 21:54 - Feb 18 with 2249 viewsDewi1jack

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 20:54 - Feb 18 by Thursday

I find it difficult to believe it happened this way. It would make sense to receive something documented, albeit via email. But, for an email to be the first mention... there would have to be extreme circumstances for that. I can't imagine Laudrup being involved in a situation that would call for that.

I was thinking this earlier.
If the board have sacked him by Email, it's a very gutless, cowardly way to do things.
If they told him face to face, then gave him the same in writing by Email, that' a different matter.
Or just gave him the reasons for the boot in writing, as they have to do by Email, backed up by the letter arriving a few days later, after telling him in person.
I hope the board did tell him personally.
It would be disappointing if we found out our board are spineless.
Especially to someone who delivered our first (of many, hopefully) major trophy.
Like or dislike someone doesn't matter in a sacking/ making redundant. It should be done face to face. It's the decent thing to do.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 21:56 - Feb 18 with 2235 viewsborinifanclub

Yawn.................he has gone .............get over it mun.
He will be happy with his £4mill payoff.......I would not mind being sacked by twitter if you gave me 4 mill ffs!

Gary Monk's barmy army! onwards and upwards

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 21:59 - Feb 18 with 2213 viewsThursday

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 21:56 - Feb 18 by borinifanclub

He will be happy with his £4mill payoff.......I would not mind being sacked by twitter if you gave me 4 mill ffs!

Indeed... Mr. BoroniFanClub.
Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 22:13 - Feb 18 with 2141 viewsSwanfan1

So, Jenkins told him in the morning: ok, we'll stick together, just to sack him in the afternoon without any proper explanation. Jenkins could have said: Michael, we are not satisfied with the results, with the training sessions, your coaching staff, whatever, and that's why we are going to sack you. That's how decent people communicate with each other

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 22:25 - Feb 18 with 2072 viewsSCB1985

We were told, he was sacked by email. Could be more to it than that , he already met the board prior to his email. Maybe he was sacked then and him having an ego it didn't sink in, or he may of been given an ultimatum, he didn't meet those terms or maybe tried assualing a board member. then the email was sent. SACKED.

Can't say board are gutless before we know all the facts.

Laudrup served his purposed and exceeded his 'use by date' hes gone and I'm not bothered . Monks the stand in manager now

Poll: whats more important to you

Login to get fewer ads

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 23:46 - Feb 18 with 1897 viewsTokijo

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 22:25 - Feb 18 by SCB1985

We were told, he was sacked by email. Could be more to it than that , he already met the board prior to his email. Maybe he was sacked then and him having an ego it didn't sink in, or he may of been given an ultimatum, he didn't meet those terms or maybe tried assualing a board member. then the email was sent. SACKED.

Laudrup served his purposed and exceeded his 'use by date' hes gone and I'm not bothered . Monks the stand in manager now

Something does not sound right but its water under the bridge now. ML will always go down as the manager who won us the first silverware in 100 year history. My guess there will be a settlement and ML will get near the mark what he is entitled to.
Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 00:36 - Feb 19 with 1818 viewsScoobyWho

News reports at the time cited him being sacked and later Laudrup said he had been sacked, but didnt know why. No mention at all of emails. If you recall he was at the club the afternoon he was sacked and left in his car after it was reported he had been sacked. I expect a few people are a bit blind to see when they are being manipulated by Laudrup and the media.

Or maybe a bit thick like.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 08:11 - Feb 19 with 1675 viewsSCB1985

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 00:36 - Feb 19 by ScoobyWho

News reports at the time cited him being sacked and later Laudrup said he had been sacked, but didnt know why. No mention at all of emails. If you recall he was at the club the afternoon he was sacked and left in his car after it was reported he had been sacked. I expect a few people are a bit blind to see when they are being manipulated by Laudrup and the media.

I totally agree. I don't trust the media, but too many people do. ML is pulling the victim card.

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 08:29 - Feb 19 with 1631 viewsperchrockjack

A gutless board wold have kept him not taking a very contentious step at a crucial time of the season.
We ll never know the ins and outs and we aint a board to sack just like that.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 08:32 - Feb 19 with 1624 viewsDr_Winston

He might be, but Huw's no slouch either allegedly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 09:16 - Feb 19 with 1553 viewsjacktar

To be honest I couldn't care less if he was sacked by morse code, semaphore or f@cking smoke signals. The outcome is the same so lets all move on and support Garry and the team shall we.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 10:07 - Feb 19 with 1465 viewsfergusferret

January
Huw- Michael we think the coaching has a problem

ML- Im Happy with the coaching

Huw- Michael we really think the coaching has problems

ML- I'm really happy with coaching

Huw- We think the coaching staff are Crap and need to go

ML- I think they are are great and they stay

Huw- we really think the coaching staff are crap and they are not motivating the players and they must go.

ML- They are my mates they are really great motivators and f**k what the players think. We have only got a local Derby next week so I'm off on a jolly for a few days

Huw- Laudrup Youre Fired (Welsh Alan Sugar accent)

ML- Not again

The change in the attitude by the players says alot, somthing was amiss and as stated in other posts we could been sleep walking into relegation.
Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 10:23 - Feb 19 with 1428 viewsDibaba

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 21:56 - Feb 18 by borinifanclub

Really? If money is all that mattered to him, would he have kept his word to stay with Swansea for a second season while Chelsea and other big clubs are wanting him to manage for them, refusing even to talk to them? Would he have kept Tottenham at bay saying that he never left a team in mid-season and never will?
Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 10:27 - Feb 19 with 1421 viewsDibaba

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 22:25 - Feb 18 by SCB1985

In other words, you're in effect calling Laudrup a liar when he says that he was shocked when he received the email, and that he and Jenkins shook hands and had an agreement earlier that Tuesday?

If he had been sacked in person, don't you think Laudrup would have demanded to know why? It's obvious that they did it by email in order to avoid such questions, especially as they didn't even give him any bug "silly" or "incredible" reasons for his sacking nine days later.
Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 10:29 - Feb 19 with 1411 viewsDibaba

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 00:36 - Feb 19 by ScoobyWho

Really? Then why did a member of the Swansea staff have to come the next day to deliver Laudrup his things? I'm sure if he had been told in person, Laudrup would have taken his things with him.
Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 10:37 - Feb 19 with 1389 viewsJackSomething

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 10:23 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Really? If money is all that mattered to him, would he have kept his word to stay with Swansea for a second season while Chelsea and other big clubs are wanting him to manage for them, refusing even to talk to them? Would he have kept Tottenham at bay saying that he never left a team in mid-season and never will?

Yeah, cos Chelsea and Spurs are on record as wanting him as manager aren't they? It was all just press speculation. It's not as if Laudrup's record would lead any club to consider him over Mourinho is it?

Let's face it, Laudrup is the same as the rest of humanity. Just like Brendan with Liverpool, if a big club had come calling, Laudrup would have been off like a shot. There's no loyalty in football.

I supported ML fully when he was here and am sorry it ended the way he did. The respect I had for him though was dented by the ridiculous press conference yesterday, two days before we play Napoli.

If you think you've been wronged by the club, keep your trap shut and pursue it through the courts. As has been pointed out by others though, Laudrup is a master of public image. Why else have a bulldog of an agent handy to do your dirty work?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 11:12 - Feb 19 with 1332 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"I haven't heard the interview - did he know that he was in danger of losing his job?"
Of course he didn't know, his Ego would get in the way of him hearing it and it sinking in.
He is the Football God ML, how could a lowly club like SCFC even think of sacking him.
Because he was not listening and the club was disappearing down the the Championship Toilet, but he couldn't even see that either.
He may be a Legend as a Football Player but the only legend he will be as a manager is as one who falls out with the board and leaves or gets sacked.
Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 11:45 - Feb 19 with 1296 viewsSCB1985

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 10:27 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

In other words, you're in effect calling Laudrup a liar when he says that he was shocked when he received the email, and that he and Jenkins shook hands and had an agreement earlier that Tuesday?

If he had been sacked in person, don't you think Laudrup would have demanded to know why? It's obvious that they did it by email in order to avoid such questions, especially as they didn't even give him any bug "silly" or "incredible" reasons for his sacking nine days later.

He may be twisting things. We don't know but he does seem to be playing the victim.

I just think that maybe he was warned that the board were considering sacking him and will get in contact. That contact came via email.

As that email confirmed the sacking. That can be twisted as being sacked via email. Yeah the email said your fired but there's a bigger picture, nobody has said what happened before the email except laudrup. Yeah they shock hand, most people shakes hands after meetings

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 11:53 - Feb 19 with 1272 viewsSCB1985

Is Laudrup good with his fists? on 10:37 - Feb 19 by JackSomething

Yeah, cos Chelsea and Spurs are on record as wanting him as manager aren't they? It was all just press speculation. It's not as if Laudrup's record would lead any club to consider him over Mourinho is it?

Let's face it, Laudrup is the same as the rest of humanity. Just like Brendan with Liverpool, if a big club had come calling, Laudrup would have been off like a shot. There's no loyalty in football.

I supported ML fully when he was here and am sorry it ended the way he did. The respect I had for him though was dented by the ridiculous press conference yesterday, two days before we play Napoli.

If you think you've been wronged by the club, keep your trap shut and pursue it through the courts. As has been pointed out by others though, Laudrup is a master of public image. Why else have a bulldog of an agent handy to do your dirty work?

This laudrup fiasco is really exposing the plastics. Next they be forming a break away team .
FC Laudrup Utd.

I support my club not a ex manager

Good post by the way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024