Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? 11:05 - Feb 21 with 6565 viewsChief

and I'm asking this as a laudrup fan and someone who thought he was hard done by.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 15:15 - Feb 21 with 1325 viewsicecoldjack

Well we beat Valencia away 0-3 so i would have to say that yes we would have performed in a similar manner .
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 15:28 - Feb 21 with 1303 viewsDarran

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 15:15 - Feb 21 by icecoldjack

Well we beat Valencia away 0-3 so i would have to say that yes we would have performed in a similar manner .

Easy to find motivation when your on the top of the wave playing a historical match against Valencia away.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 15:39 - Feb 21 with 1275 viewsOldjack

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 15:28 - Feb 21 by Darran

Easy to find motivation when your on the top of the wave playing a historical match against Valencia away.

not to mention being in total disarray on and off the pitch at the time

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 16:39 - Feb 21 with 1240 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:20 - Feb 21 by Darran

I know one win in four.
What a c*nt eh?

Darren, sorry you have ar$e about face.
1 loss in 4
average ML 2013/14 season 1 loss in 2
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 17:08 - Feb 21 with 1208 viewscanhecatchit

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 16:39 - Feb 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Darren, sorry you have ar$e about face.
1 loss in 4
average ML 2013/14 season 1 loss in 2

Can you stop going on about what ML would have or not have done. ML is done , he is gone , have you not noticed that there is a new Man there . Garry Monk is his name a man that has been with the Swans since the League 2 days that know this club so well.
We could all see that the players were lacking in fitness under Laudrup, probably why so many injuries were occuring. Now the players look to have that edge again and seem to be moving the ball about much quicker.
Also, we have more room up front with us playing with wingers right out on the touchline instead of playing as inside forwards that was to narrow under Laudrup.

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 18:32 - Feb 21 with 1178 viewsymaohyd

I'll use an example to highlight my frustration with ML.

Years ago the great Liverpool and Welsh forward Ian Rush, annoyed the hell out of me when he said in an interview - 'I have nothing to prove'.

If you remember, Rushie was an all time great for Liverpool, left for Juve. Returned to Liverpool, not the same and then played for a few other teams and to put it bluntly was crap.

For my money, if you still play professionally you always have something to prove and are only as good as your last say 10 games.

Once you retire then you can reflect on your past greatness but not when you are still playing and are not good enough.

Now back to Laudrup, as Swans manager, he has some fantastic wins to his name and of course the cup success. That can never be taken away.

Over, practically a calendar year though, he lost his way, particularly in the league. That is a significant period of time. The Danes and other fans of his must take this into account and the Rush analogy is relevant. This season, his tactics have been awful.

He may well have seen his side draw against Napoli, but not with the panache that we played with last night.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 18:35 - Feb 21 with 1175 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 18:32 - Feb 21 by ymaohyd

Years ago the great Liverpool and Welsh forward Ian Rush, annoyed the hell out of me when he said in an interview - 'I have nothing to prove'.

If you remember, Rushie was an all time great for Liverpool, left for Juve. Returned to Liverpool, not the same and then played for a few other teams and to put it bluntly was crap.

For my money, if you still play professionally you always have something to prove and are only as good as your last say 10 games.

Once you retire then you can reflect on your past greatness but not when you are still playing and are not good enough.

Now back to Laudrup, as Swans manager, he has some fantastic wins to his name and of course the cup success. That can never be taken away.

Over, practically a calendar year though, he lost his way, particularly in the league. That is a significant period of time. The Danes and other fans of his must take this into account and the Rush analogy is relevant. This season, his tactics have been awful.

He may well have seen his side draw against Napoli, but not with the panache that we played with last night.

Yes Compare Rush to Ryan Giggs, who is still playing and proving something.
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 18:49 - Feb 21 with 1168 viewswaynekerr55

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 18:32 - Feb 21 by ymaohyd

Bang on the money.

People can feel free to disagree with me but the tactical discipline shown at The Bridge last January was probably the most tactically disciplined performance I've ever seen from the Swans (I know Ba had a goal chalked off for offside) and they wouldn't have scored if they'd played til midnight.

However this year there was a marked difference in his approach, anyone without rose tinted specs could see that. Bloody hell I wanted him to do well as we could have made a nice lump sum in compensation from him

On a serious note though I ask people to bookmark my post here. I will be willing to lump on that he wins the sack race at a big club if he maintains his slap dash approach to training from here. Glad to be proved wrong as he helped us grow but based on what I know I'd lump on him getting eaten alive at a big club. The "average" modern footballer doesn't care two sh*ts what a manager did as a player, and the bigger players treat attitudes like that with even bigger contempt.

(DISCLAIMER - I do not agree totally with the behaviour of modern footballers before someone shouts me down )

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 18:52 - Feb 21 with 1160 viewsDarran

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 18:49 - Feb 21 by waynekerr55

Bang on the money.

People can feel free to disagree with me but the tactical discipline shown at The Bridge last January was probably the most tactically disciplined performance I've ever seen from the Swans (I know Ba had a goal chalked off for offside) and they wouldn't have scored if they'd played til midnight.

However this year there was a marked difference in his approach, anyone without rose tinted specs could see that. Bloody hell I wanted him to do well as we could have made a nice lump sum in compensation from him

On a serious note though I ask people to bookmark my post here. I will be willing to lump on that he wins the sack race at a big club if he maintains his slap dash approach to training from here. Glad to be proved wrong as he helped us grow but based on what I know I'd lump on him getting eaten alive at a big club. The "average" modern footballer doesn't care two sh*ts what a manager did as a player, and the bigger players treat attitudes like that with even bigger contempt.

(DISCLAIMER - I do not agree totally with the behaviour of modern footballers before someone shouts me down )

He wasn't the same person at the start of the season with Byron Tittymilk banned from the Liberty.

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 18:53 - Feb 21 with 1159 viewsPozuelosSideys

Under the Laudrup of this season (note* not last season) we would have played not to lose. We would have been static, flat and defensive. They would have picked us apart and we would have conceeded something sloppy.

Yesterday we played to win. We will have that attitude going forward.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 19:14 - Feb 21 with 1139 viewswaynekerr55

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 18:52 - Feb 21 by Darran

He wasn't the same person at the start of the season with Byron Tittymilk banned from the Liberty.

Byron Tittymilk

I love how he said that players were not signed by the board and when asked he wouldn't confirm.

A conspiracy theorist who noted that Bayram - gate started very soon after Schecter wasn't re-signed would question whether they both had their hands in the till so to speak (given the tax scandal rearing it's head from Ajax).

Of course that wouldn't be me as I have no proof, but an interesting thought never the less

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 19:50 - Feb 21 with 1119 viewsexiledclaseboy

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:32 - Feb 21 by Jokeren1943

Not me talking about cxnt.

Still we first really know what Monk is worth in May (when this season is over). Still waaay to early.

Right now all the players wanna proof themselves to the new manager.

Lets see, when the honeymoon is over. Lets see in May.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 13:32]

You want Monk to fail so much it's tangible. And quite amusing.

Poll: Tory leader

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 19:52 - Feb 21 with 1115 viewsDarran

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 19:50 - Feb 21 by exiledclaseboy

And quite pathetic with it.

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 20:08 - Feb 21 with 1097 viewsDavillin

Something my eldest said to me earlier about the Napoli game and the "new-old" look might be appropriate here:

"t is amazing how many times that team needs to go back to what works so well after having abandoning it."

To me it's amazing that someone like him, whose job keeps him from watching many games, can be so much more perceptive than some of the "jokers" who post on here. [p.s., my son understands football and has stood with me on the North Bank. And he's neither a "Laudrup fan" nor a Monk fan. Perspective, perhaps?]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 00:18 - Feb 22 with 1046 viewsJJJack

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 20:08 - Feb 21 by Davillin

Something my eldest said to me earlier about the Napoli game and the "new-old" look might be appropriate here:

"t is amazing how many times that team needs to go back to what works so well after having abandoning it."

To me it's amazing that someone like him, whose job keeps him from watching many games, can be so much more perceptive than some of the "jokers" who post on here. [p.s., my son understands football and has stood with me on the North Bank. And he's neither a "Laudrup fan" nor a Monk fan. Perspective, perhaps?]

People either "get" football or they don't. I agree with you on that. Players can be brilliant, pundits can watch loads of matches but when analysing games they can be clueless. Spending too much time concentrating on individuals and small parts of play instead of the bigger picture.
Having said that, much as I think I analyse what goes on well in football I am blinded by partisanship when watching the swans at times because I notice after games that I've paid bugger all attention to opposition players and often struggle to say how well they have played. When watching other teams I'm far more capable of explaining why something has happened/is likely to happen because I'm more capable of looking at the "bigger picture".
Funnily enough I know even relatively little about rugby but I can't even remember the last time I was wrong about guessing a Wales result pre-match because I don't really care if they win and know enough (just about) from watching the oppo as well to have a damn good guess at what'll happen.!
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 03:18 - Feb 22 with 950 viewsDavillin

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 00:18 - Feb 22 by JJJack

People either "get" football or they don't. I agree with you on that. Players can be brilliant, pundits can watch loads of matches but when analysing games they can be clueless. Spending too much time concentrating on individuals and small parts of play instead of the bigger picture.
Having said that, much as I think I analyse what goes on well in football I am blinded by partisanship when watching the swans at times because I notice after games that I've paid bugger all attention to opposition players and often struggle to say how well they have played. When watching other teams I'm far more capable of explaining why something has happened/is likely to happen because I'm more capable of looking at the "bigger picture".
Funnily enough I know even relatively little about rugby but I can't even remember the last time I was wrong about guessing a Wales result pre-match because I don't really care if they win and know enough (just about) from watching the oppo as well to have a damn good guess at what'll happen.!

One of the keys to your post is that you clearly recognise that you can be "blinded by partisanship when watching the Swans at times."

Anyone who can make a self-assessment like that can also work around it or put it aside when it comes time for rational comment. Objectivity is not tattooed on our brains. It's like a coat of armor that we put on when we need to protect against our own partisanship.

I know that you will agree with me that we have many other posters who can do that, and their thoughts are always worth reading.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 08:01 - Feb 22 with 925 viewsharemscarem

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 19:50 - Feb 21 by exiledclaseboy

But he is right!

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 08:36 - Feb 22 with 908 viewsScoobyWho

Why are you a fan of a man Chief ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:03 - Feb 22 with 873 viewsJokeren1943

You see Monk as an icon in Swansea (rightly so) though his long career as a fantastic Swansea player and leader for the club. His heart and passion for the club is legendary.

But heart and passion do not mean shite, in the rough game of football, if you do not preform as manager (or player). Monk was an outstanding leader on the pitch.

But being an outstanding leader on the pitch, do not garanti any succes as manager.

What all former players turning to the job as managers all say - those two things (jobs) are like night and day. Now Monk has become manager. But unlike Pellegrini who knows exactly what to do (though his long career as manager), Monk has to learn everything from scratch.

Reality, the only thing counting in the end for Swansea is the preformance on the pitch - if Monk like any manager do not preform, Monk will get sacked (by Jenkins and the board).

I have from the start stated, only result can show if Monk is any worth as manager. If it makes me disloyal to think like that - then I am disloyal (I would rather say I am realistic).
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 11:07]
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:09 - Feb 22 with 863 viewsDarran

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:03 - Feb 22 by Jokeren1943

You see Monk as an icon in Swansea (rightly so) though his long career as a fantastic Swansea player and leader for the club. His heart and passion for the club is legendary.

But heart and passion do not mean shite, in the rough game of football, if you do not preform as manager (or player). Monk was an outstanding leader on the pitch.

But being an outstanding leader on the pitch, do not garanti any succes as manager.

What all former players turning to the job as managers all say - those two things (jobs) are like night and day. Now Monk has become manager. But unlike Pellegrini who knows exactly what to do (though his long career as manager), Monk has to learn everything from scratch.

Reality, the only thing counting in the end for Swansea is the preformance on the pitch - if Monk like any manager do not preform, Monk will get sacked (by Jenkins and the board).

I have from the start stated, only result can show if Monk is any worth as manager. If it makes me disloyal to think like that - then I am disloyal (I would rather say I am realistic).
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 11:07]

Laudstrop has gone,piss off.

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:12 - Feb 22 with 860 viewsJokeren1943

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:09 - Feb 22 by Darran

Laudstrop has gone,piss off.

Nice job moderator.

Can't take you serious if you use abuses, instead of having a fair debate.

Please fuccck off, or do your job Darran!.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 11:13]
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:14 - Feb 22 with 855 viewsDarran

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:12 - Feb 22 by Jokeren1943

Nice job moderator.

Can't take you serious if you use abuses, instead of having a fair debate.

Please fuccck off, or do your job Darran!.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 11:13]

No you f*ck off,f*ck off somewhere else you're not a Swansea fan you're a sycophantical bell end.
Go away.

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:14 - Feb 22 with 855 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:49 - Feb 21 by MattG

I take your point about players wanting to impress a new manager, hence the "dead cat bounce" that some teams experience when they change managers.

However, I would respectfully suggest that our situation is a bit different in that Monk already knows all the players at least as well as Laudrup did, probably better in the cases of Rangel, Williams, Britton, Dyer and the like who were here long before. If he wasn't impressed by them before, i.e their attitude in training, in matches and even off the pitch, not much is likely to change before the end of the season.

If there's any truth in ML's seeming distance from the players then Monk would have been closer to them already. A popular professional who leads by example and will listen/talk to the players, he certainly seems to have struck the right chord with the squad.

All of our four performances post Laudrup seem to demonstrate that the board got it right.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:43 - Feb 22 with 833 viewswaynekerr55

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:14 - Feb 22 by Brynmill_Jack

If there's any truth in ML's seeming distance from the players then Monk would have been closer to them already. A popular professional who leads by example and will listen/talk to the players, he certainly seems to have struck the right chord with the squad.

All of our four performances post Laudrup seem to demonstrate that the board got it right.

Well I know for a fact that the players are enjoying the more structured and professional approach in training.

I can't wait to see how well cross country Garcia and look at me I'm in my forties but I can still ping it with the best of them do with top top players.

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:50 - Feb 22 with 815 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:43 - Feb 22 by waynekerr55

Well I know for a fact that the players are enjoying the more structured and professional approach in training.

I can't wait to see how well cross country Garcia and look at me I'm in my forties but I can still ping it with the best of them do with top top players.

You're right of course Wayne. Perhaps Laudrup's vanity got in the way of a good "let's not stand still and try some new training techniques" attitude. I just have the feeling that he thought he was too good to improve, maybe some of his inner circle were propagating that myth around him and he lapped it up.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024