Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are like a rudderless ship. 19:53 - Mar 15 with 5269 viewsNOTRAC

Why did we sign Ngog.The January window now seems to have been a disaster for us.We even got the Ki loan wrong.We seem to have lost the forward thinking mentality that has made us so successful in the past years. At the moment we are like a rudderless ship both in Board and team management.We need to sort things out quick

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

We are like a rudderless ship. on 22:23 - Mar 15 with 1024 viewsWarwickHunt

We are like a rudderless ship. on 20:49 - Mar 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

'now seems to be a disaster for us'.

It was a confirmed disaster the second it closed and we had only signed Marvin Emnes and David Ngog, two players who together do not even improve the match day squad, let alone the starting eleven.

That's what happens when the chairman plays Championship Manager.

I said months ago Jenkins was showing signs of megalomania. Those close-ups on telly of him looking pensive in the stands seem to have gone to his head.
We are like a rudderless ship. on 22:35 - Mar 15 with 989 viewsDarran

We are like a rudderless ship. on 22:23 - Mar 15 by WarwickHunt

I said months ago Jenkins was showing signs of megalomania. Those close-ups on telly of him looking pensive in the stands seem to have gone to his head.

The £4.8k a week will help.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

We are like a rudderless ship. on 22:37 - Mar 15 with 983 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

We are like a rudderless ship. on 22:23 - Mar 15 by WarwickHunt

I was a little perturbed when I read quotes from Monk this week about how HJ is at training every day and that he involves himself with discussions on first-team affairs....

...I'm openly apprehensive of Monk as manager, but I'd happily place him, his wife or even his new borns in the dugout ahead of HJ.

Serious question here - or as serious as it can be after 8 cans - are there any set boundaries on HJ's meddling in football matters? Does he just...do what he wants? is there any separation of duties between board and football? Whilst expansion is drifting idly by into the long grass, HJ is at training every day offering his input..............?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2014 22:38]

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

We are like a rudderless ship. on 22:37 - Mar 15 with 980 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We are like a rudderless ship. on 22:35 - Mar 15 by Darran

The £4.8k a week will help.

Is that on top of his share of the dividend last year?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

We are like a rudderless ship. on 22:51 - Mar 15 with 962 viewsWarwickHunt

We are like a rudderless ship. on 22:37 - Mar 15 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I was a little perturbed when I read quotes from Monk this week about how HJ is at training every day and that he involves himself with discussions on first-team affairs....

...I'm openly apprehensive of Monk as manager, but I'd happily place him, his wife or even his new borns in the dugout ahead of HJ.

Serious question here - or as serious as it can be after 8 cans - are there any set boundaries on HJ's meddling in football matters? Does he just...do what he wants? is there any separation of duties between board and football? Whilst expansion is drifting idly by into the long grass, HJ is at training every day offering his input..............?

It would appear he does whatever the f*ck he wants and as a result we're sprinting towards relegation.

I think the chances of getting Bielsa or De Boer are sadly neglible as they obviously aren't yes men.

5k a week? Gissa job is it.
We are like a rudderless ship. on 23:00 - Mar 15 with 948 viewsLeonisGod

We are like a rudderless ship. on 22:51 - Mar 15 by WarwickHunt

It would appear he does whatever the f*ck he wants and as a result we're sprinting towards relegation.

I think the chances of getting Bielsa or De Boer are sadly neglible as they obviously aren't yes men.

5k a week? Gissa job is it.

Yep, much rather have Tan and his clown Dalman, or the Venky brothers, or the Hull fella, or the Birmingham chap who's just got locked up, or the glazers so we can have a protest, or any other one of the faceless, clueless non-football people who 'run' most of the clubs these days.

We are like a rudderless ship. on 23:05 - Mar 15 with 933 viewsWarwickHunt

We are like a rudderless ship. on 23:00 - Mar 15 by LeonisGod

Yep, much rather have Tan and his clown Dalman, or the Venky brothers, or the Hull fella, or the Birmingham chap who's just got locked up, or the glazers so we can have a protest, or any other one of the faceless, clueless non-football people who 'run' most of the clubs these days.

Aye - let the chairman buy a couple of f*cking donkeys in the transfer window and appoint a yes man rookie to keep us in the PL.

At least Tan and the chicken farmers don't pick the f*cking team.
We are like a rudderless ship. on 23:06 - Mar 15 with 927 viewsLeonisGod

We are like a rudderless ship. on 21:13 - Mar 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Well if we go down at least the prem tourists season tickets will be up for grabs for all our true fans who didn't renew before we went up.

Ample time to renew before we went up. They ran a £200 promo for 3 months leading up to Easter - struggled to give them away.
Login to get fewer ads

We are like a rudderless ship. on 23:12 - Mar 15 with 907 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We are like a rudderless ship. on 23:06 - Mar 15 by LeonisGod

Ample time to renew before we went up. They ran a £200 promo for 3 months leading up to Easter - struggled to give them away.

It makes you ask - why all the bleating then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

We are like a rudderless ship. on 23:18 - Mar 15 with 893 viewsNOTRAC

Yes of course there are problem owners, but we pride ourselves on being a club for the fans ,run by the fans.Unfortunately things appear to have changed.The element of personal gain has entered the equation.Huw now receives huge money for his involvement.He,like the other directors has had his original investment paid back in the form of dividends.Instead of just being a fan,he is now a very well paid employee.Perhaps he now feels that to justify his income he has to take a greater day to day control in all aspects of the club.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

We are like a rudderless ship. on 23:36 - Mar 15 with 871 viewstomdickharry

We are like a rudderless ship. on 21:21 - Mar 15 by Phil_S

But you've just agreed with it. It 'could' cost us - it has cost us nothing yet. That's a fact

How much is Ngog on a week? isn't that a cost? Might as well have signed a player from the Sunday League would have played for a pint and a pasty.
We are like a rudderless ship. on 23:38 - Mar 15 with 863 viewsDull1Thomas

We are like a rudderless ship. on 21:03 - Mar 15 by union_jack

Mentioned earlier, though not the right thing it was quite understandable. Happens at every club and on a worldwide basis.

Palace?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

We are like a rudderless ship. on 00:25 - Mar 16 with 810 viewsmonmouth

We are like a rudderless ship. on 23:05 - Mar 15 by WarwickHunt

Aye - let the chairman buy a couple of f*cking donkeys in the transfer window and appoint a yes man rookie to keep us in the PL.

At least Tan and the chicken farmers don't pick the f*cking team.

I think Tan might try. But yeah, absolutely. Jenkins should just ferk off back behind his desk, go nowhere near training and offer no 'help'. It's ridiculous if it's happening (and Monk's interview does seem to confirm it in passing) and, yes, at the moment we are sure 'sprinting towards relegation'. We need to last the 90 against Everton Arsenal and Norwich andnot simply fold when the pressure comes on. It's very serious now: if we get zero points in the next three games we are possibly toast, givn the impact onconfidence and morale. You can see how jittery they all are now, the crowd feeds off that, and they get worse because of the crowd. If scoring after 2 mins can't settle the team down to relax, we have a big problem.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We are like a rudderless ship. on 06:31 - Mar 16 with 748 viewsShaky

My dear old aunt who just turned 88 in January is a big football fan. What's more her tactical nous extends well beyond the run around quickly at a high tempo and get stuck in lads level.

Perhaps a shiny new tracksuit and a role at training can be found for her; she has time on her hands and would undoubtedly be willing to take some badges, although here bad hips might impinge on any physical requirements.

Jesus Christ. If there wasn't a crisis when Laudrup was sacked there bloody well is one now. Can't wait to see what media leaks are drip fed from the leadership bunker next week. Leadership bonkers more like.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 6:33]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

We are like a rudderless ship. on 07:16 - Mar 16 with 722 viewsShaky

On a more serious note, Fear, I think you raise a very valid point regarding club governance.

In fact I agree with it so much that I put the the very same points to Phil privately 3 or 4 weeks ago, in his capacity as chairman of the supporters trust.

Alas it seems he does not share those concerns at all, because as far as I can see he has elected to do bugger all about it.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

We are like a rudderless ship. on 07:24 - Mar 16 with 697 viewsblaine_scfc

We are like a rudderless ship. on 07:16 - Mar 16 by Shaky

On a more serious note, Fear, I think you raise a very valid point regarding club governance.

In fact I agree with it so much that I put the the very same points to Phil privately 3 or 4 weeks ago, in his capacity as chairman of the supporters trust.

Alas it seems he does not share those concerns at all, because as far as I can see he has elected to do bugger all about it.

Agree with everything you have said in this thread. I share the exact same concerns.
We are like a rudderless ship. on 08:33 - Mar 16 with 663 viewsDr_Winston

We are like a rudderless ship. on 21:23 - Mar 15 by blaine_scfc

It costs us as we are paying healthy salaries out to people we have absolutely no need for.

Question is who bears the responsibility for it.

I don't doubt that the board found it difficult to deal with Laudrup over the subject of transfers once Tutumlu got deep sixed. It's something that had to be done and I have no problem with it.

What is however becoming increasingly apparent is that people who shouldn't be getting involved are having an excessive amount of say in target selection, and that in general our scouting department and those who supervise it are woefully inadequate for the task.

If Emnes and Ngog were the best we could do then something is badly, badly wrong with how we go about our business.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We are like a rudderless ship. on 08:58 - Mar 16 with 622 viewsUxbridge

We are like a rudderless ship. on 08:33 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

Question is who bears the responsibility for it.

I don't doubt that the board found it difficult to deal with Laudrup over the subject of transfers once Tutumlu got deep sixed. It's something that had to be done and I have no problem with it.

What is however becoming increasingly apparent is that people who shouldn't be getting involved are having an excessive amount of say in target selection, and that in general our scouting department and those who supervise it are woefully inadequate for the task.

If Emnes and Ngog were the best we could do then something is badly, badly wrong with how we go about our business.

The Bessone return. There's previous for random signings being made with seemingly no coaching input.

The board have gotten away with doing some very unorthodox things in the past due to success on the pitch. Hope they're prepared for the fallout when things go bad.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:07 - Mar 16 with 609 viewsDr_Winston

We are like a rudderless ship. on 08:58 - Mar 16 by Uxbridge

The Bessone return. There's previous for random signings being made with seemingly no coaching input.

The board have gotten away with doing some very unorthodox things in the past due to success on the pitch. Hope they're prepared for the fallout when things go bad.

Jenkins needs to be brought to heel.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:09 - Mar 16 with 601 viewsblaine_scfc

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:07 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

As I keep saying, I stand by what I said and think he should step down regardless of what league we are in next season.
We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:09 - Mar 16 with 599 viewsUxbridge

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:07 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

Not quite the words I'd use. The thing is I can't see much changing down there unless there's a downturn in fortunes.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:13 - Mar 16 with 593 viewsDr_Winston

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:09 - Mar 16 by blaine_scfc

As I keep saying, I stand by what I said and think he should step down regardless of what league we are in next season.

I disagree.

Overall he has done a fine job as chairman, but he needs to be reminded of precisely what his responsibilities are. If he's turning up at training every day or making suggestions as to what players we sign then he needs to be slapped down. Publically if necessary.

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:14 - Mar 16 with 588 viewsJackfath

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:13 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

I disagree.

Overall he has done a fine job as chairman, but he needs to be reminded of precisely what his responsibilities are. If he's turning up at training every day or making suggestions as to what players we sign then he needs to be slapped down. Publically if necessary.

If he's the boss though, who is there to remind him?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:18 - Mar 16 with 581 viewsDr_Winston

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:14 - Mar 16 by Jackfath

If he's the boss though, who is there to remind him?

He's an employee of the club. A minority shareholder but still an employee.

Ultimately he still answers to somebody. For me it's down to the Trust to say it if other shareholders won't.

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:23 - Mar 16 with 559 viewsblaine_scfc

We are like a rudderless ship. on 09:18 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

He's an employee of the club. A minority shareholder but still an employee.

Ultimately he still answers to somebody. For me it's down to the Trust to say it if other shareholders won't.

Who does he answer to though? No one from what I can see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024