Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ki 11:13 - Apr 6 with 7364 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Garry-Monk-Ki-Sung-Yueng-big-role-Swanse

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ki on 15:50 - Apr 6 with 1430 viewsblaine_scfc

Would personally have no problem with Ki coming back, would basically be like a new signing with a year of premier league experience. Along with Ki, we would have Canas, Shelvey, Britton, De Guzman (hopefully). Gives us strength in depth without spending money which could be spent elsewhere.
Ki on 15:56 - Apr 6 with 1416 viewsSpratty

Ki on 15:39 - Apr 6 by airedale

I think that if Lionel Messi fell out with Laudrup he'd have been sent to Sunderland too.

What evidence is there that Ki fell out with Laudrup?

Interested as you present this as fact.

For instance if a manager sees other players as better options then surely that is the managers choice?

Or is this from the ML went to Paris, refused to meet Ince and was a stroppy disinterested Dane school of bollocks?
Ki on 15:58 - Apr 6 with 1408 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Decent squad player and nothing more.

We will just need to weigh up whether he is worth all the homesick ladyboy Korean jizz in the stands again

Monk has the job now, I think.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Ki on 15:58 - Apr 6 with 1408 viewsDarran

Ki on 15:56 - Apr 6 by Spratty

For instance if a manager sees other players as better options then surely that is the managers choice?

Or is this from the ML went to Paris, refused to meet Ince and was a stroppy disinterested Dane school of bollocks?

It is a fact I know it's a fact the relationship went downhill after a disagreement when Ki failed to meet the Korean visitors.

Ki on 16:00 - Apr 6 with 1401 viewsblaine_scfc

Ki on 15:58 - Apr 6 by Darran

It is a fact I know it's a fact the relationship went downhill after a disagreement when Ki failed to meet the Korean visitors.

Can't see why Laudrup would give a toss about Ki meeting Korean visitors? Thought that would be more Huw and the board.
Ki on 16:06 - Apr 6 with 1395 viewsskippyjack

Ki on 15:41 - Apr 6 by Joe_bradshaw

Your description of Carrick is a description of what Leon Britton has been doing for us for years.

I know... but Leon will only be around for a few more years playing wise.. but Ki can dominate games.. like I've said since he's got here.. and he's been doing similar at Sunderland.. it's all opinion anyway

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ki on 16:08 - Apr 6 with 1390 viewsDarran

Ki on 16:00 - Apr 6 by blaine_scfc

Can't see why Laudrup would give a toss about Ki meeting Korean visitors? Thought that would be more Huw and the board.

I didn't say he gave a toss but it was down to the manager to speak the player.

Ki on 16:27 - Apr 6 with 1366 viewsQuakerJack

Ki on 15:44 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

Game has changed an awful lot since the bootroom. It's a nice idea, but not something that we particularly need to do. The fresh impetus provided by a new face at the helm has been one of the key drivers in our advancement over the last few years, and I'd be wary of locking ourselves into a certain way of doing things. That leads to the risk of going stale and running out of ideas.

Absolutely agree with all of this.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

Ki on 16:34 - Apr 6 with 1349 viewsCatullus

Ki on 15:56 - Apr 6 by Spratty

Only refusing to meet Ince is b0llocks.

But then you'll never admit anything bad about Laudrup, you are our very own ankles!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ki on 16:37 - Apr 6 with 1339 viewsDarran

Ki on 16:34 - Apr 6 by Catullus

Only refusing to meet Ince is b0llocks.

But then you'll never admit anything bad about Laudrup, you are our very own ankles!!

Knuckles.

Ki on 16:40 - Apr 6 with 1327 viewsmarchamjack

Ki on 16:06 - Apr 6 by skippyjack

I know... but Leon will only be around for a few more years playing wise.. but Ki can dominate games.. like I've said since he's got here.. and he's been doing similar at Sunderland.. it's all opinion anyway

Ki can domnate games...can you name me any games he actually dominated with us?

Squad player, no more.

Missed him when we had loads of injuries, but that's it, he was okish with us

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Ki on 15:57 - Apr 8 with 1158 viewsYoungGun

Ki on 12:32 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

The choice between Ki and JdG is no choice at all.

Sell Ki. Use the money to sign JdG. Simple.

de Guzman is one of the most overrated players on Swansea who was handpicked and favored by Loudrup. Look at Guzman's free kicks and corner kicks - all looping - the schoolyard style balls - beyond me why he is taking them. And he loses the ball more than the center-forward and does not possess one-touch football. He's ALWAYS gotta dribble a little at least. (there are 2 or so others on the team who is guilty of doing this) and what is his passing success rate? 27%?

If de Guzman plays 1 full game in World Cup this summer, when it all counts then I suppose I am wrong and I will never criticize him.
Ki on 16:10 - Apr 8 with 1143 viewsJJJack

Ki on 16:06 - Apr 6 by skippyjack

That's Sunderland, as in, bottom of the table Sunderland. He's cack, face it. They were taking the mick out of him on Five Live last night in the 1st half saying how he had barely touched the ball. Flatters to deceive, one-paced, no heart. Ship him out.
Ki on 16:49 - Apr 8 with 1115 viewsLeonisGod

Ki on 12:41 - Apr 6 by pencoedjack

Totally agree.

And me. JdG is simply the better footballer. I'd be happy enough with both though.
Ki on 17:05 - Apr 8 with 1102 viewsMrSwerve

Ki on 15:57 - Apr 8 by YoungGun

de Guzman is one of the most overrated players on Swansea who was handpicked and favored by Loudrup. Look at Guzman's free kicks and corner kicks - all looping - the schoolyard style balls - beyond me why he is taking them. And he loses the ball more than the center-forward and does not possess one-touch football. He's ALWAYS gotta dribble a little at least. (there are 2 or so others on the team who is guilty of doing this) and what is his passing success rate? 27%?

If de Guzman plays 1 full game in World Cup this summer, when it all counts then I suppose I am wrong and I will never criticize him.

Nice to see kiisgod back under a different username.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Ki on 17:08 - Apr 8 with 1055 viewsUxbridge

Ki on 15:57 - Apr 8 by YoungGun

Yes because Holland and Korea are totally comparable sides.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ki on 18:06 - Apr 8 with 1016 viewsDrizzy

Ki is quite a significant upgrade on Canas in my opinion.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Ki on 05:07 - Apr 9 with 942 viewsYoungGun

Ki on 17:08 - Apr 8 by Uxbridge

Yes because Holland and Korea are totally comparable sides.

Don't put words in my mouth. I was implying if de Guzman were to play a full World Cup match for a great soccer nation such as Holland , that would be impressive and therefore I will shut the hell up. Even just 1 match!

BTW how does Canadian Hispanic (de Guzman is from Canada in case you did not know) plays for Holland?
Ki on 05:39 - Apr 9 with 932 viewsZut_Alors

Ki on 05:07 - Apr 9 by YoungGun

Don't put words in my mouth. I was implying if de Guzman were to play a full World Cup match for a great soccer nation such as Holland , that would be impressive and therefore I will shut the hell up. Even just 1 match!

BTW how does Canadian Hispanic (de Guzman is from Canada in case you did not know) plays for Holland?

Actually, he's part Filipino, but feel free to make silly assumptions.

JDG is way better than Ki, and is good enough for the world cup squad. I hope he does well there, as I do for all our players who may be going. Why anyone can be so bitter toward our players, I have no idea.
Ki on 06:56 - Apr 9 with 924 viewsYoungGun

Ki on 05:39 - Apr 9 by Zut_Alors

Actually, he's part Filipino, but feel free to make silly assumptions.

JDG is way better than Ki, and is good enough for the world cup squad. I hope he does well there, as I do for all our players who may be going. Why anyone can be so bitter toward our players, I have no idea.

I am not making silly assumptions dingbat! de Guzman was born and raised in Canada between Filipino / Caribbean parents. And such a revelation should not betaken as an act of bitterness and you are acting as if it's a shameful thing to be known and did I notice there is a tendency on your part to cover it up?

if de Guzman is that good I am sure Laudrup will give him a call.
Ki on 07:32 - Apr 9 with 906 viewstylagarwjack

Ki on 16:27 - Apr 6 by QuakerJack

Absolutely agree with all of this.

Plus you could argue that it is not only outdated but won't work for us anyway.

The bootroom approach worked for Liverpool because they could attract players through the name of the club, it wouldn't matter if they had Donald Duck in charge.

It's different for us, one of the major issues we'll face if we appoint Monk is the ability to attract new players of the right quality, which would be exactly the same if Leon or Rangel were to be appointed as our manager. I guess a big name DOF would be one possible solution but we've never used that model before and other clubs using it have shown it often doesn't work.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2014 7:35]
Ki on 08:29 - Apr 9 with 877 viewsZut_Alors

Ki on 06:56 - Apr 9 by YoungGun

I am not making silly assumptions dingbat! de Guzman was born and raised in Canada between Filipino / Caribbean parents. And such a revelation should not betaken as an act of bitterness and you are acting as if it's a shameful thing to be known and did I notice there is a tendency on your part to cover it up?

Dingbat? Nicely done, Sir.
Ki on 08:41 - Apr 9 with 870 viewsDr_Winston

Ki on 07:32 - Apr 9 by tylagarwjack

Plus you could argue that it is not only outdated but won't work for us anyway.

The bootroom approach worked for Liverpool because they could attract players through the name of the club, it wouldn't matter if they had Donald Duck in charge.

It's different for us, one of the major issues we'll face if we appoint Monk is the ability to attract new players of the right quality, which would be exactly the same if Leon or Rangel were to be appointed as our manager. I guess a big name DOF would be one possible solution but we've never used that model before and other clubs using it have shown it often doesn't work.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2014 7:35]

Name recognition is a factor, but not the only one. Players will come to the PL because of the league itself, and wages that are higher than they'll find in most other leagues. Having a boss players will have heard of is a bonus, but not vital.

What we need to do is improve the way we go about looking for players, but that's easier said than done given the shambles that is our scouting dept at present. We may have to bite the bullet and work with agents more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ki on 09:08 - Apr 9 with 857 viewsUxbridge

Ki on 05:07 - Apr 9 by YoungGun

You daft racist.

I was hardly putting words in your mouth. You were saying that Ki is better because he's playing in the world cup. Now let's ignore the fact that Korea aren't very good, but De Guzman has a few rather decent players in his way for the Netherlands. It's like comparing apples and aeroplanes.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ki on 10:00 - Apr 9 with 835 viewsJackSomething

Ki on 06:56 - Apr 9 by YoungGun

Why would Laudrup call him? He doesn't have a job. Do you think he just fancies a kickabout with JDG? That would be nice.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024