Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk & Manager 19:02 - Apr 25 with 3528 viewssj_jack

Garry has been a fantastic servant, both player & guiding through the last few months.

No doubt, Garry should continue as a coach with us,
At the end of the day, he knows the club inside out!

But I believe Garry needs time to get his badges & more experience as a coach.

He's got a huge role still for us, but I think this summer the club need a strong manager to take the club forward. Think this is a real tough one for a rookie manager who a few months ago was a squad player with these guys.

Monk & Manager on 21:16 - Apr 25 with 898 viewsDrizzy

Monk & Manager on 20:05 - Apr 25 by Neath_Jack

If the cap fits lads eh.

And for the record, he wouldn't be my first choice either, but some of you lot on here are like hysterical schoolgirls the past few months.

Absolutely spot on, mate.

There's a group on here, they know who they are, who cannot wait to criticise every single move that Monk makes. They were never this vocal when Laudrup f*cked up his tactics (must have missed the diabolical West Ham game) but they're f*cking everywhere now. I hated the sacking of Laudrup and the appointment of Monk but don't see the point in moaning every single time he makes a remotely questionable decision. Even when he did get something right they couldn't bring themselves to give Monk - and Emnes - any kind of praise. It's pathetic.

If I may digress, regarding this apparent rift in the squad, notice how it only seems to be a bunch of bang average little Spaniards that are reportedly causing a fuss because their messiah left? Every one of these new boys not named Miguel Pérez Cuesta is easily replaceable. The way some on here go on about them you'd think we have Xavi and Pique on the books.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Monk & Manager on 21:18 - Apr 25 with 890 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk & Manager on 20:54 - Apr 25 by Darran

The thing is this current squad kept together and fully fit is good enough to stay in the Prem again next season.It only needs a little tinkering.
I would expect the team to start the first game next season to be much the same as the one that played against Hull a few weeks ago. (and yes bit know we lost)

Michel Vorm, Angel Rangel, Chico Flores, Ashley Williams (capt), Ben Davies, Leon Britton, Jonjo Shelvey, Michu, Jonathan de Guzman, Wayne Routledge, Wilfried Bony.

I would at least hope by then that Rangel would be a squad player and we have cover for Leon as Canas appears to have pissed on his patatas.

We need an absolute minimum of three quality players just to stand still.

If we're looking at the likes of Mark Davies and Barry Bannan we may as well give up now.
Monk & Manager on 21:21 - Apr 25 with 874 viewsDarran

Monk & Manager on 21:18 - Apr 25 by WarwickHunt

I would at least hope by then that Rangel would be a squad player and we have cover for Leon as Canas appears to have pissed on his patatas.

We need an absolute minimum of three quality players just to stand still.

If we're looking at the likes of Mark Davies and Barry Bannan we may as well give up now.

So you agree with me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk & Manager on 21:24 - Apr 25 with 863 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk & Manager on 21:21 - Apr 25 by Darran

So you agree with me.

Not much wrong with our best XI, aye. Squad is in need of strengthening though.
Monk & Manager on 21:26 - Apr 25 with 856 viewsDarran

Monk & Manager on 21:24 - Apr 25 by WarwickHunt

Not much wrong with our best XI, aye. Squad is in need of strengthening though.

I thank you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk & Manager on 23:26 - Apr 25 with 796 viewsquiff

Effectively we've had a free test drive with Monk, for me he has done a solid job considering his rookie status, but we have to be more ambitious as an established PL club, keep Gary in the club as a coach or even as assistant, but nothing more for me.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Monk & Manager on 01:19 - Apr 26 with 783 viewsMolliemick

Monk & Manager on 21:06 - Apr 25 by Dr_Winston

Other than for financial reasons (new managers being cheaper than proven ones) I see absolutely no sense in forcing ourselves to start producing our own managers.

At every step of the way of our rise from bottom of the league to Europe we've benefitted from a fresh pair of eyes coming in and improving on what went before. Why it's suddenly seen as a good idea to move away from that and just repeat what's gone before is something only the club can answer.

It is probably defined as the 'Laudrup effect!'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024