Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Reserved seating' at Newport 14:18 - Apr 29 with 2984 viewsNafelad

'Reserved seating' tickets for Newport were not booked to plan - as seems to have been the case with other away match tickets. Does anyone believe fans will sit in the seats that they have been allocated? It seems to me that if, when buying your tickets for 'reserved seating', you are not given a choice regarding where you wish to sit, then it will be just like any other match, where people sit where they wish within the 'reserved seating' areas. I know this happened at Fleetwood, when it was interesting and amusing to watch late arrivals (and obviously not regular supporters) demanding that the stewards move people so that they could sit in their allocated seats.

Topcat

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 14:36 - Apr 29 with 2930 viewsMoonyDale

When I purchased three I asked if they were reserved seats and was told yes. Therefore I bought three adjacent seats, the ones behind the goal are unreserved....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 14:45 - Apr 29 with 2903 viewsSuddenLad

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 14:36 - Apr 29 by MoonyDale

When I purchased three I asked if they were reserved seats and was told yes. Therefore I bought three adjacent seats, the ones behind the goal are unreserved....

'Reserved seating' and 'allocated seating' might mean two different things.

They will be 'reserved' for anyone hold a ticket for a seat - anywhere in the reserved area, but 'allocated seating' if specific seat numbers are printed on the ticket.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 14:46]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 15:51 - Apr 29 with 2774 viewsMoonyDale

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 14:45 - Apr 29 by SuddenLad

'Reserved seating' and 'allocated seating' might mean two different things.

They will be 'reserved' for anyone hold a ticket for a seat - anywhere in the reserved area, but 'allocated seating' if specific seat numbers are printed on the ticket.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 14:46]

Yes they have allocated block, row and seat numbers printed on the tickets....

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 16:21 - Apr 29 with 2720 viewsNafelad

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 15:51 - Apr 29 by MoonyDale

Yes they have allocated block, row and seat numbers printed on the tickets....

That's just the same as at Fleetwood (and other away matches) for 'reserved seating', but people did not sit in their 'allocated seats', as per their ticket. We have been to a large number of away matches with tickets showing row, seat no., etc, but never been able to sit in the 'allocated' seats, even if we had wanted to, because everyone had sat where they chose to and the stewards have never insisted that people sit in their 'allocated' seats.

Topcat

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 16:36 - Apr 29 with 2685 viewsMoonyDale

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 16:21 - Apr 29 by Nafelad

That's just the same as at Fleetwood (and other away matches) for 'reserved seating', but people did not sit in their 'allocated seats', as per their ticket. We have been to a large number of away matches with tickets showing row, seat no., etc, but never been able to sit in the 'allocated' seats, even if we had wanted to, because everyone had sat where they chose to and the stewards have never insisted that people sit in their 'allocated' seats.

We asked the stewards at Mansfield and at Fleetwood and were told to "sit where we wanted" Depends I guess on how strict each ground is on this matter, am sure we will see on Saturday.

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 16:59 - Apr 29 with 2628 viewsNafelad

I've just sent an email to Newport County office on this matter and will post any advice that they give.

Topcat

'Reserved seating' at Newport (n/t) (n/t) on 17:18 - Apr 29 with 2590 viewsRibbleblue

[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 17:24]
'Reserved seating' at Newport on 17:23 - Apr 29 with 2582 viewsRibbleblue

Why "obviously not regular supporters" ?? Four season ticket holders arrived wanting to sit together at Fleetwood at 2.45..including a child and an elderly man...there should have been no question that this should have been possible...very amusing....especially when told by Fleetwood in the week we HAD to sit where told.
Login to get fewer ads

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 17:34 - Apr 29 with 2562 views_dezzy

This is where dale fans are tinpot, and not used to big crowds, usually watching dale you can sit where you want, but in times when the stand is a sell out, if you have a seat with a seat number etc, you should sit in it, just make sure when your buying it you get seats together
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 17:36]

KHBA

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 17:45 - Apr 29 with 2528 viewsRibbleblue

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 17:34 - Apr 29 by _dezzy

This is where dale fans are tinpot, and not used to big crowds, usually watching dale you can sit where you want, but in times when the stand is a sell out, if you have a seat with a seat number etc, you should sit in it, just make sure when your buying it you get seats together
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 17:36]

At Fleetwood though this was always going to cause problems in a sell out stand,and the Fleetwood stewards should have used more common sense.At 2.45 there were single seats dotted around because of this.We weren't asking to sit in any particular seats,just together as a family.
'Reserved seating' at Newport on 17:52 - Apr 29 with 2509 viewsNafelad

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 17:23 - Apr 29 by Ribbleblue

Why "obviously not regular supporters" ?? Four season ticket holders arrived wanting to sit together at Fleetwood at 2.45..including a child and an elderly man...there should have been no question that this should have been possible...very amusing....especially when told by Fleetwood in the week we HAD to sit where told.

Apologies, for my use of the phrase 'obviously not regular supporters', I was making the presumption that regular supporters would have been used to the situation that always seems to exist when sitting in 'reserved seating' at away grounds.
What was amusing was the arguing between the two or three panic-stricken stewards, as they tried to redress the situation.
I'm sorry if my choice of words has offended any fellow, long term supporters!

Topcat

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 17:03 - Apr 30 with 2228 viewsNafelad

Just received a reply to my email, from Newport County:

"In view of the away sections being at capacity for this match the reserved seating policy in the Bisley Stand will be enforced so that supporters will need to sit in the seats indicated on their tickets.
I hope you enjoy your day with us on Saturday and congratulations on promotion.
Regards,
Dave."

Topcat

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 17:12 - Apr 30 with 2208 viewsjudd

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 17:03 - Apr 30 by Nafelad

Just received a reply to my email, from Newport County:

"In view of the away sections being at capacity for this match the reserved seating policy in the Bisley Stand will be enforced so that supporters will need to sit in the seats indicated on their tickets.
I hope you enjoy your day with us on Saturday and congratulations on promotion.
Regards,
Dave."

Couldn't give a toss what they say, I ain't sitting next to anyone wearing pink fookin' pants.

Poll: What is it to be then?

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 18:58 - Apr 30 with 2076 viewsTomRAFC

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 17:12 - Apr 30 by judd

Couldn't give a toss what they say, I ain't sitting next to anyone wearing pink fookin' pants.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

'Reserved seating' at Newport on 20:24 - Apr 30 with 1986 viewsolympicdale

We'll sit where we waaant....we'll sit where we waaaaaannnnt....we are Rochdale, we'll sit where we want!!

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024