Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony to Arsenal?.. 19:55 - Jun 2 with 9209 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

A couple of places reporting Arsenal are lining up a £25m bid. Could be nothing to it. Personally I'd do whatever we can to keep him but a £25m bid will obviously have to be considered.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/transfer-talk/news/arsenal-to-make-

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/381864/Arsenal-plotting-25m-deal-for-C

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 20:07 - Jun 2 with 5187 viewsJackbustard

Anything close to that and we will accept it and would be stupid not to in my opinion. Massive money for one player for a club like us regardless of how good he is.
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 20:12 - Jun 2 with 5152 viewsjojaca

Sportsmole and Daily Star, enough said.

Even when you know, you never know?

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 20:24 - Jun 2 with 5092 viewsJackbustard

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 20:12 - Jun 2 by jojaca

We will get bids, especially if he bangs a few in during the world cup. Cant see anything happening this side of the world cup though.
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 20:38 - Jun 2 with 4988 viewsAnotherJohn

Scenario 1: We keep Bony and lay out 15-20m of the TV money on strengthening the team, plus reinvest money from any sales (e.g. Vorm if that happens).

Scenario 2: We sell Bony, get 25m (minus transaction costs) and have that plus the 15-20m for team building, but within the constraint of our established wage structure.

It is not clear to me that scenario 2 is necessarily better than scenario 1. Other EPL teams have spent 25m on a striker, and got somebody who barely broke the 10 goal barrier..
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 20:40 - Jun 2 with 4974 viewstomdickharry

Wegner will not spend the type of money quoted on a player who could be a one season wonder in the PL.
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 20:48 - Jun 2 with 4919 viewsJackFish

Wild be perfect for Arsenal IMO but doubt Wenger would spend that on Bony.
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 21:01 - Jun 2 with 4860 viewsairedale

To me, Bony is not an Arsenal type player.
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 21:14 - Jun 2 with 4789 viewsScoobyWho

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 20:40 - Jun 2 by tomdickharry

Wegner will not spend the type of money quoted on a player who could be a one season wonder in the PL.

Difference is he is a striker, a revelation, a monster of a centre forward with a destructive finish. Any club with half announce of sense would snap him up for 25million.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:30 - Jun 2 with 4512 viewsQuakerJack

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 20:12 - Jun 2 by jojaca

This

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:41 - Jun 2 with 4448 viewsJethroJack

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 21:01 - Jun 2 by airedale

To me, Bony is not an Arsenal type player.

Neither is Giroud (apart from the fact he's French) but Wilf knocks spots off him.
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:44 - Jun 2 with 4429 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 21:14 - Jun 2 by ScoobyWho

Difference is he is a striker, a revelation, a monster of a centre forward with a destructive finish. Any club with half announce of sense would snap him up for 25million.

Thankfully, sense is a quality lacking in most football clubs these days, so fingers crossed we'll have him for another year.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:51 - Jun 2 with 4402 viewsDr_Winston

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 20:07 - Jun 2 by Jackbustard

Anything close to that and we will accept it and would be stupid not to in my opinion. Massive money for one player for a club like us regardless of how good he is.

If the first offer is £25m then we need to reject it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:52 - Jun 2 with 4396 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

£19 million buy-out clause according to some bloke called Darren at the Daily Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wilfried-bony-transfer-cost

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:52 - Jun 2 with 4390 viewsicecoldjack

No point worrying over this, what will be will be . Personally i think Wilf will have another season here before moving on to better things .

If he wants to achieve champions league level he knows he first has to become a proven prem goal scorer, the top clubs know this too, i think he will be here next season and if he isnt then we have made a staggering amount of money to find a replacement.
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:53 - Jun 2 with 4380 viewsDr_Winston

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:52 - Jun 2 by FearOfAJackPlanet

£19 million buy-out clause according to some bloke called Darren at the Daily Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wilfried-bony-transfer-cost

He'll have cost us almost £14m to sign and we set a release clause just £5m more?

Disappointing if true.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:56 - Jun 2 with 4361 viewsNeathJack

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:53 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

He'll have cost us almost £14m to sign and we set a release clause just £5m more?

Disappointing if true.

Highly unlikely to be true.

His agent would have had this out in the press way before now if it were the case imho.
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:58 - Jun 2 with 4352 viewsScoobyWho

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:53 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

Disappointing if true.

And not - the Swansea way.
HJ wouldn't have authorised this.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:59 - Jun 2 with 4345 viewsDr_Winston

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:56 - Jun 2 by NeathJack

Highly unlikely to be true.

His agent would have had this out in the press way before now if it were the case imho.

Quite possibly.

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 23:04 - Jun 2 with 4323 viewsCatullus

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:52 - Jun 2 by icecoldjack

No point worrying over this, what will be will be . Personally i think Wilf will have another season here before moving on to better things .

If he wants to achieve champions league level he knows he first has to become a proven prem goal scorer, the top clubs know this too, i think he will be here next season and if he isnt then we have made a staggering amount of money to find a replacement.

This.

But if someone offers us crazy money, which I doubt Wenger will, we'd probably accept it. By crazy I mean over 28 million.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 23:14 - Jun 2 with 4277 viewsBorojack

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 23:04 - Jun 2 by Catullus

This.

But if someone offers us crazy money, which I doubt Wenger will, we'd probably accept it. By crazy I mean over 28 million.

Mirror reporting thee is a 19 million buy out clause and Arsenal West Ham and Newcastle are ready to match it.
Why do they make such crap up

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 23:45 - Jun 2 with 4182 viewsicecoldjack

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:58 - Jun 2 by ScoobyWho

And not - the Swansea way.
HJ wouldn't have authorised this.

why not ?

He authorised a minimum 20 game a season clause for Ki sung .

It would also help Bony to move onto better things if he did well, Bony has always said he wants to progress onto bigger things. I do beleive we also pushed the boat out a bit further than we wanted to sign Wilf so agreeing to clauses like this are quite possible .

As i said before, there is going to be alot of stuff in the press all through the summer, i take great heart in the fact they mentioned Newcastle and West Ham though! both were interested in him last season but couldnt match our offer but suddenly they want to now buy at 19m quid .
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 09:49 - Jun 3 with 3908 viewsAnotherJohn

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 23:45 - Jun 2 by icecoldjack

why not ?

He authorised a minimum 20 game a season clause for Ki sung .

It would also help Bony to move onto better things if he did well, Bony has always said he wants to progress onto bigger things. I do beleive we also pushed the boat out a bit further than we wanted to sign Wilf so agreeing to clauses like this are quite possible .

As i said before, there is going to be alot of stuff in the press all through the summer, i take great heart in the fact they mentioned Newcastle and West Ham though! both were interested in him last season but couldnt match our offer but suddenly they want to now buy at 19m quid .

It makes a difference though to know a player can move up from the Eredivisie to the BPL and score goals. If we set a release clause of 19m then I will be very disappointed. We took the gamble on Bony delivering, but may not reap the full benefit.
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 09:53 - Jun 3 with 3888 viewsUxbridge

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 22:59 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

Quite possibly.

Almost certainly. There's no way there's a release clause for £4m more than we paid for him. In fact as far as I'm aware there's no release clause at all.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 10:02 - Jun 3 with 3850 viewsJACKARSE

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 09:49 - Jun 3 by AnotherJohn

It makes a difference though to know a player can move up from the Eredivisie to the BPL and score goals. If we set a release clause of 19m then I will be very disappointed. We took the gamble on Bony delivering, but may not reap the full benefit.

If there is a £19M release clause then it normally means the club have to inform the player, Bony would then have a chance to way up the options, IMO he would only consider CL clubs so that would only leave Arsenal at the moment. If another CL club came in then they would have to bid for his services so it could well go to £20M+, I can't see it happening myself I don't think anyone would pay £20M+ after just one season in the PL ... same again from Wilf next season then next summer will be different.......
Bony to Arsenal?.. on 10:14 - Jun 3 with 3823 viewsmax936

Bony to Arsenal?.. on 10:02 - Jun 3 by JACKARSE

If there is a £19M release clause then it normally means the club have to inform the player, Bony would then have a chance to way up the options, IMO he would only consider CL clubs so that would only leave Arsenal at the moment. If another CL club came in then they would have to bid for his services so it could well go to £20M+, I can't see it happening myself I don't think anyone would pay £20M+ after just one season in the PL ... same again from Wilf next season then next summer will be different.......

Absolutely bolloks imho, and if it turns out to be true, then yet again someone at the club needs a severe kick in the bolloks with size 12 steel toecap boots.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024