Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on England 22:46 - Jun 17 with 2845 viewsJethroJack

You can do it....you can beat Uruguay....and even Costa Rica
Do it for the whole of the British Isles.
Don't let us all down.
Good luck on Thursday
Yours sincerely
[Post edited 17 Jun 2014 22:49]
Come on England on 07:48 - Jun 19 with 710 viewsJethroJack

Come on England on 08:27 - Jun 18 by Baptist

Sorry, I'm, by necessity, an occasional visitor.. but what is this mad outbreak of love for Ingurlund about ?

Speaking as someone who's lived across the Severn for more years than he did to the west of it, I still don't get it. At all....

And before someone replies, in the usual levels of politeness that seem to be customary here, "we have England fans dickhead" - yes, I know !! It seems more than that though...
[Post edited 18 Jun 2014 8:29]

For what its worth, as you're only an occasional visitor, my OP was intended to be "tongue in cheek", hence the "Yours sincerely". You may well have twigged that, but thought I'd clarify just in case, because loads on here often get the wrong end of the stick, as they're a bit TWP see.

There's plenty more on here indicating what I truly think of the England football team....but that doesn't necessarily mean I don't like the English or any other nationality...in case old paranoid cockett crawls out of the woodwork again.

Anyway....if Uruguay or Costa Rica don't "do them" in the group, they may well meet my (current) favourite team in the last 16...the Cote d'Ivoire. So, Wilf might get a chance to send them home early then.

One thing's for sure....someone will experience the great pleasure of sending them packing
Come on England on 08:24 - Jun 19 with 687 viewsMusical_Swan

Come on England on 08:56 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

I really don't think they have this year. Most of the media I've seen want them to do well, don't think they will and question the suitability of Hodgson to be bold enough to use what he has for the best, which is all pretty spot on IMO.

Until they get a grip on youth development, put ability ahead of physical development, stop blaming foreign players for all their ills, and most importantly improve the quality of home grown coaches then they'll remain also rans.

I would also add the fact that the Premier League is now a league for pussies, (diving being tolerated, hard tackles not!) and the brirish have lost there edge. Why we insist on playing 'continental' style football I don't know! It wasn't that long ago that PL clubs were dominating European football.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Come on England on 08:30 - Jun 19 with 682 viewsSwansNZ

Come on England on 08:24 - Jun 19 by Musical_Swan

I would also add the fact that the Premier League is now a league for pussies, (diving being tolerated, hard tackles not!) and the brirish have lost there edge. Why we insist on playing 'continental' style football I don't know! It wasn't that long ago that PL clubs were dominating European football.

And now Spanish clubs are dominating Europe. Didn't do Spain much good tho'

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Come on England on 08:44 - Jun 19 with 676 viewsMusical_Swan

Come on England on 08:30 - Jun 19 by SwansNZ

And now Spanish clubs are dominating Europe. Didn't do Spain much good tho'

Agreed, but England had a pretty decent squad in the late nineties, early naughties. Arguebly should of done better internationally at the time.

Just frustrated that we seem to be changing our game in the uk to suit the 'flair' players instead of playing to our strengths and remaining 'tenacious' and tackling hard. Then bring in your Ronaldos and Messis (or Sterlings and Barkleys) to add to that core. We just simply can't compete with the Spains and Brazils in terms of skill, so why not play to our strengths?

Come on England on 09:04 - Jun 19 with 668 viewsSwansNZ

Come on England on 08:44 - Jun 19 by Musical_Swan

Agreed, but England had a pretty decent squad in the late nineties, early naughties. Arguebly should of done better internationally at the time.

Just frustrated that we seem to be changing our game in the uk to suit the 'flair' players instead of playing to our strengths and remaining 'tenacious' and tackling hard. Then bring in your Ronaldos and Messis (or Sterlings and Barkleys) to add to that core. We just simply can't compete with the Spains and Brazils in terms of skill, so why not play to our strengths?

Ronaldos and Messis (or Sterlings and Barkleys) - that made me laugh

Have, not of

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Come on England on 09:57 - Jun 19 with 650 viewsDr_Winston

Come on England on 08:44 - Jun 19 by Musical_Swan

They tried that in 2010 and got their arses handed to them. You can be as tenacious and tough tackling as you like, but when your players lack even the basic skills of ball retention then you'll get nowhere.

England have got very few players capable of matching the best. When a player found wanting against top quality opposition as often as Wayne Rooney is can earn £300,000 a week it's not hard to spot where the problem lies.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Come on England on 10:26 - Jun 19 with 640 viewsJethroJack

Come on England on 09:57 - Jun 19 by Dr_Winston

They tried that in 2010 and got their arses handed to them. You can be as tenacious and tough tackling as you like, but when your players lack even the basic skills of ball retention then you'll get nowhere.

England have got very few players capable of matching the best. When a player found wanting against top quality opposition as often as Wayne Rooney is can earn £300,000 a week it's not hard to spot where the problem lies.

You do realise that's fighting talk on here.
Couldn't agree more (as I've said previously till I'm blue in the face).

Beats me how anyone can be a Swans fan & also support England. I'm assuming of course that these people enjoy the style of play we've (mostly) adopted the past 11 years...so how on earth can they be happy with England's approach (can't use the word style) and not be completely frustrated by their complete lack of fundamental skills
Come on England on 16:46 - Jun 19 with 617 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes he had a poor game but he still created an excellent goal. He did this while playing left midfield. The criticism he has attracted is extremely over the top. I don't remember players like Gerrard doing one positive attacking thing yet nothings been made of him.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Come on England on 20:32 - Jun 19 with 593 viewsMusical_Swan

I completely agree. My point is, if your not technically good enough, don't try and match them, play to your strengths. It was an ironic comparison between Messi and Sterling.

Come on England on 20:41 - Jun 19 with 582 viewstf_jack

Come on England on 20:32 - Jun 19 by Musical_Swan

I completely agree. My point is, if your not technically good enough, don't try and match them, play to your strengths. It was an ironic comparison between Messi and Sterling.

Costa Rica is my team of choice. Always liked the smaller teams unlike ITV,BBC and 'Sky'.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Come on England on 20:42 - Jun 19 with 581 viewsJackoBoostardo

The downfall.....

is complete........??

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024