Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! 20:40 - Jun 27 with 23555 viewsSTEVE1

Gomis signed on official site

This post has been edited by an administrator
gomis signs on 22:30 - Jun 27 with 2387 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

gomis signs on 22:27 - Jun 27 by MagicDaps

I wouldn't say it is a completely different statement. How can the appointment of an ambitious manager be unambitious?

But he obviously clearly had a role to play in the transfer, by impressing Gomis and by approving the signing. He deserves credit.

I would give the credit of all transfers to the manager, who has the final say along with the board, who negotiated the deal.

If I was appointed manager, I'd be extremely ambitious. I'd target a top 10 finish at the minimum. Does that mean it'd have been an ambitious appointment if the job was given to me?

And yes he probably had a role in the transfer. I'm sure it was Garry's magical words and not the financial package and club status / facilities that made him sign.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:30 - Jun 27 with 2387 viewsMagicDaps

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:11 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

New signing praises manager, chairman, club and fans shocker!

F*ck me - that's a new one!

Regardless of how typical it is, it's clear that Garry Monk has spoken to Bafetimbi Gomis and we all know Garry Monk has the final say.

It's amazing how Garry Monk can do no good in some peoples eyes. Apparently it's his now his job to identify all transfer targets.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:32 - Jun 27 with 2376 viewsexiledclaseboy

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:29 - Jun 27 by Uxbridge

Heh.

It was always a daft argument anyway. They'll always go with the money.

Here's hoping he's half decent anyway.

Exactly. It's puerile. I'm very worried for those two chaps though, Dwight and Warwick. They've painted themselves so far into the "Monk is a disaster" corner that it's going to ruin their enjoyment of the season. Especially when we win.

Poll: Tory leader

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:34 - Jun 27 with 2354 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:32 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

Exactly. It's puerile. I'm very worried for those two chaps though, Dwight and Warwick. They've painted themselves so far into the "Monk is a disaster" corner that it's going to ruin their enjoyment of the season. Especially when we win.

He improved towards the latter end of the season. Let's hope that continues.

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:34 - Jun 27 with 2359 viewsWarwickHunt

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:30 - Jun 27 by MagicDaps

Regardless of how typical it is, it's clear that Garry Monk has spoken to Bafetimbi Gomis and we all know Garry Monk has the final say.

It's amazing how Garry Monk can do no good in some peoples eyes. Apparently it's his now his job to identify all transfer targets.

Dream on, sunshine.

I think you'll find that Jenkins has the final say...
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:34 - Jun 27 with 2365 viewsexiledclaseboy

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:34 - Jun 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He improved towards the latter end of the season. Let's hope that continues.

The team improved as soon as he took over, Dwight. We've already done this twice, don't make me do it again.

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:36 - Jun 27 with 2337 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:34 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

The team improved as soon as he took over, Dwight. We've already done this twice, don't make me do it again.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:37 - Jun 27 with 2334 viewsUxbridge

I'll never understand the need to be right above the Swans. We can all have doubts, I know I do, but that's just bonkers. Not saying Warwick's necessarily in that category although he doesn't like being proven wrong

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:37 - Jun 27 with 2330 viewsexiledclaseboy

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:36 - Jun 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

To quote my good friend Davillin - "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no one is entitled to their own facts".

gomis signs on 22:37 - Jun 27 with 2330 viewsMagicDaps

gomis signs on 22:30 - Jun 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If I was appointed manager, I'd be extremely ambitious. I'd target a top 10 finish at the minimum. Does that mean it'd have been an ambitious appointment if the job was given to me?

And yes he probably had a role in the transfer. I'm sure it was Garry's magical words and not the financial package and club status / facilities that made him sign.

Fair enough, I apologize for the earlier statement.

Garry Monk could have stopped the deal if he thought there was a different alternative, he will be judged on how well the players that are signed this summer do whether they were identified under previous managers or not.

A player like Bafetimbi Gomis will have taken some persuading, he was offered moves to bigger club and I'm sure he was made bigger financial offers. It's not co-incidence that between them Garry Monk and Huw Jenkins have managed to persuade both Fabianski and Gomis to join with them both having a number of other clubs interested.

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:39 - Jun 27 with 2307 viewsTom1912

We instantly improved when Monk took over before a really poor spell that we bounced out of and finished strongly.

I think the best performances were when Monk first took over though.
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:42 - Jun 27 with 2292 viewsMagicDaps

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:34 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

Dream on, sunshine.

I think you'll find that Jenkins has the final say...

So what you're saying is that Huw Jenkins should be judged on our signings over the course of the summer, and Garry Monk can't be criticized if any of them fail, after all he doesn't have the final say and Huw Jenkins could have prevented any of the transfers?

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:43 - Jun 27 with 2284 viewsWarwickHunt

Arf.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he starts to react to those beastly managers changing their tactics and formations at half-time.

I wish him luck. He'll need it...
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:51 - Jun 27 with 2226 viewsSwansNZ

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:37 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

To quote my good friend Davillin - "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no one is entitled to their own facts".

No point arguing, I think DYSS is some elaborate bot created by fansnetwork, to drum up posts. Very cleaver if you ask me, obviously trawls threads and posts opposite views, just to keep Phil happy. Also has the ability to start threads, of course, never saying good things about the Swans. Well done Phil/fansnetwork

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:52 - Jun 27 with 2222 viewsWarwickHunt

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:37 - Jun 27 by Uxbridge

I'll never understand the need to be right above the Swans. We can all have doubts, I know I do, but that's just bonkers. Not saying Warwick's necessarily in that category although he doesn't like being proven wrong

I don't think anyone can prove it wasn't a massive risk, however well or badly he does...
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:54 - Jun 27 with 2203 viewsUxbridge

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:52 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

I don't think anyone can prove it wasn't a massive risk, however well or badly he does...

True enough. Can only judge how he did and does.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:54 - Jun 27 with 2193 viewsJethroJack

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:36 - Jun 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So, that WAS Bafetimbi Gomis that I saw on Wednesday @ 10.27am all suited & booted as I walked out of the Liberty Stadium store, carrying my newly purchased red/black away shirt.

Nice to see our new manager making good use of his strong European contacts & impressing Gomis, along with our visionary chairman.

HELL OF A SIGNING, I'm sure you'll agree

More to come, methinks!!
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 23:08 - Jun 27 with 2099 viewsWarwickHunt

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:42 - Jun 27 by MagicDaps

So what you're saying is that Huw Jenkins should be judged on our signings over the course of the summer, and Garry Monk can't be criticized if any of them fail, after all he doesn't have the final say and Huw Jenkins could have prevented any of the transfers?

Not quite, Einstein.

The board have the final say on transfers - which is how it should be.
Final say is different from picking the targets ( N'Gog & Emnes)...

How a manager utilises the players at his disposal is another matter.
All managers get criticised on messageboards when they f*ck up, Laudrup and Monk included.
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 23:09 - Jun 27 with 2093 viewsSwanseajill

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:51 - Jun 27 by SwansNZ

No point arguing, I think DYSS is some elaborate bot created by fansnetwork, to drum up posts. Very cleaver if you ask me, obviously trawls threads and posts opposite views, just to keep Phil happy. Also has the ability to start threads, of course, never saying good things about the Swans. Well done Phil/fansnetwork

Sound idea NZ, surely some of the garbage he writes....well it must be an elaborate bot as you say.

Because some of the senseless stuff he spouts, obviously is retrieved from a general shredder.
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 23:09 - Jun 27 with 2090 viewsRuDeMan1970

Absolutely over the moon with this signing which - if I'm honest - didn't think was going to happen until I heard the good news earlier this evening. What absolutely baffles me is the ongoing saga / discussion / argument about who is to be credited with getting Gomis on board...FFS he has signed for SWANSEA CITY FOOTBALL CLUB and that is all that matters to me. Yes, I want Garry to succeed as our manager (and I believe he will) but I couldn't care less whether this signing is down to Garry, Huw, Pep, our new overseas scout (whose name now escapes me!) or Sue Eames the kit lady. BAFETIMBI GOMIS IS A JACK. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS (to me).

..."who will guard the guards..?"

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 23:14 - Jun 27 with 2053 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 23:09 - Jun 27 by Swanseajill

Sound idea NZ, surely some of the garbage he writes....well it must be an elaborate bot as you say.

Because some of the senseless stuff he spouts, obviously is retrieved from a general shredder.

That last sentence of yours was very hurtful.

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 23:17 - Jun 27 with 2034 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 23:09 - Jun 27 by Swanseajill

Dimi must be crying with mirth at the 'quality' of WUM which is seen in his place on PS nowadays.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 00:17 - Jun 28 with 1853 viewsJethroJack

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:51 - Jun 27 by SwansNZ

He needs re-programming though....he's flawed, keeps making really stupid mistakes.
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 00:36 - Jun 28 with 1806 viewsMagicDaps

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 23:08 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

Not quite, Einstein.

The board have the final say on transfers - which is how it should be.
Final say is different from picking the targets ( N'Gog & Emnes)...

How a manager utilises the players at his disposal is another matter.
All managers get criticised on messageboards when they f*ck up, Laudrup and Monk included.

So what you're saying is, that Garry Monk should be given absolutely no credit for the signing of Bafetimbi Gomis. If he was to do well, it's because Huw Jenkins made a good signing but if he was to fail it's because Garry Monk hasn't utilised him well enough.

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 00:46 - Jun 28 with 1791 viewsTom1912

Monk has little to do with the signing of Gomis in fairness, other than a meet and greet at some point this week, which was clearly not going to be the dealbreaker for the lad.

The scouting system recommended him and the board chose to go for him, and Huw Jenkins negotiated the deal.

And that's no slight on Monk, that's just how the majority of transfers work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024