Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? 19:40 - Jul 20 with 2309 viewsSS2013

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 19:46 - Jul 20 with 2263 viewsPozuelosSideys

Only if that £5m doesnt include the funding of Gylfi's wages that Spurs are supposedly taking on.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 19:51 - Jul 20 with 2223 viewsFar_Post

Considering we have Taylor and Fabianski as cover for Davies and Vorm it is a deal that suits us. Especially with the need to bring in an attacking midfielder to compensate for losing Michu.

5 million in the bank as well. Not bad business

Blog: The C Word

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 19:52 - Jul 20 with 2211 viewsJackFish

Was hoping for a bit more to be honest, especially after the huge Luke Shaw fee.
Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 19:57 - Jul 20 with 2169 viewsicecoldjack

The wages of vorm and Ben kind of get to cover the wages of Gylfi . £5M in the bank, also money from Michu and his wages off the books kind of makes it financially decent .

Time will tell if it been the right move for us i guess.

One thing i will say aout Gylfi is that DG goals dried up a little bit when he was in the team, while DG played alot of unselfish football to accomadate gylfi in front of goal i wonder if Bony and Gomis will do the same .

All in all im happy, we know the club do their best in these circumstances.
Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 19:59 - Jul 20 with 2127 viewsAngelRangelQS

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 19:57 - Jul 20 by icecoldjack

The wages of vorm and Ben kind of get to cover the wages of Gylfi . £5M in the bank, also money from Michu and his wages off the books kind of makes it financially decent .

Time will tell if it been the right move for us i guess.

One thing i will say aout Gylfi is that DG goals dried up a little bit when he was in the team, while DG played alot of unselfish football to accomadate gylfi in front of goal i wonder if Bony and Gomis will do the same .

All in all im happy, we know the club do their best in these circumstances.

I think that was a coincidence
Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 20:00 - Jul 20 with 2124 viewsnyc_swans

if Luke Shaw hadn't been sold for 30M, how many of you who said "No" would have a different opinion on the situation?
Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 20:00 - Jul 20 with 2114 viewsraynor94

Ecstatic! sounds a good deal

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 20:06 - Jul 20 with 2077 viewsBig_Phil

One way to look at this is whether swapping Vorm for Fabianski is a good deal...with the addition of something approaching £5M of course...personally I think it is given Vorm last 2 seasons

A straight swap for Gylfi regarding Ben is good business for us unless of course Taylor gets injured but you can't plan on that basis

Be good if we could bring in (in addition to Montero I hope) a Defensive Midfielder, Right Back cover and keep hold of either JDG or Ki...keep hold of Wilf and get rid of the amigos rumoured to have no future then it's a fantastic window

A lot of 'ifs' in there eh???
Login to get fewer ads

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 21:09 - Jul 20 with 1909 viewsSS2013

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 20:06 - Jul 20 by Big_Phil

One way to look at this is whether swapping Vorm for Fabianski is a good deal...with the addition of something approaching £5M of course...personally I think it is given Vorm last 2 seasons

A straight swap for Gylfi regarding Ben is good business for us unless of course Taylor gets injured but you can't plan on that basis

Be good if we could bring in (in addition to Montero I hope) a Defensive Midfielder, Right Back cover and keep hold of either JDG or Ki...keep hold of Wilf and get rid of the amigos rumoured to have no future then it's a fantastic window

A lot of 'ifs' in there eh???

Yea mate, a long way to go yet, hopefully we can strengthen where you've said and we'll be fine.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2014 21:23]

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 21:54 - Jul 20 with 1787 viewseastbanker

To be honest £10m for Ben is a very poor return. Even though Shaw went for three times as much I don't think we could have expected that of Ben. However, he is an experienced Premier League defender with European games under his belt. He has three Premiership goals to his name and is in double figures for Welsh caps. Many of these qualities cannot be attributed to Shaw. I think a fee of around £18m would have been right for such a talented youngster who is also British.
I will be gutted if Vorm goes though as my opinion of his replacement is clear on many other posts on this message board. We will have lost 50% of our defence from the last couple of seasons and the replacements, in my opinion, are inferior.
Gylfi turned his back on this club once before for the lure of the money at Spurs, why now are we welcoming him with open arms when he was really a flop in London. If, as rumoured, there is £5m cash as well I hope that Monk uses it solely for strengthening the defence as Tiendalli and Richards are very poor cover for our full backs.
Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 21:59 - Jul 20 with 1738 viewsStarsky

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 21:54 - Jul 20 by eastbanker

To be honest £10m for Ben is a very poor return. Even though Shaw went for three times as much I don't think we could have expected that of Ben. However, he is an experienced Premier League defender with European games under his belt. He has three Premiership goals to his name and is in double figures for Welsh caps. Many of these qualities cannot be attributed to Shaw. I think a fee of around £18m would have been right for such a talented youngster who is also British.
I will be gutted if Vorm goes though as my opinion of his replacement is clear on many other posts on this message board. We will have lost 50% of our defence from the last couple of seasons and the replacements, in my opinion, are inferior.
Gylfi turned his back on this club once before for the lure of the money at Spurs, why now are we welcoming him with open arms when he was really a flop in London. If, as rumoured, there is £5m cash as well I hope that Monk uses it solely for strengthening the defence as Tiendalli and Richards are very poor cover for our full backs.

You're entitled to your opinion ... My opinion? Regarding Sigurdsson... Brendan left, Laudrup didn't want him. What the feck did you expect him to do?
As for Fabianski... Give him a chance ffs.

It's just the internet, init.

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 22:17 - Jul 20 with 1642 viewseastbanker

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 21:59 - Jul 20 by Starsky

You're entitled to your opinion ... My opinion? Regarding Sigurdsson... Brendan left, Laudrup didn't want him. What the feck did you expect him to do?
As for Fabianski... Give him a chance ffs.

Laudrup didn't want him…source or just conjecture?
Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 22:29 - Jul 20 with 1585 viewsStarsky

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 22:17 - Jul 20 by eastbanker

Laudrup didn't want him…source or just conjecture?

He said so. He said he get Swans a replacement much cheaper than Siggy. Then he bought Michu.

It's just the internet, init.

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 22:31 - Jul 20 with 1561 viewsAngelRangelQS

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 21:54 - Jul 20 by eastbanker

I appreciate the point about shaw but if Ben was really a steal at 10m then why aren't other teams offering more?

People talk about gylfi turning his back on us but he was only here on loan, we'd been in the league one season and just lost our manager. At that time we all feared a bit of an exodus so you can't really blame gylfi for looking to move to an established club can you?

The truth is that nobody really knew what the future held for us at that time so it was a sensible decision on his part IMO.

I also seem to remember reading somewhere (no idea on reliability) that Laudrup pulled the plug on the transfer. It was a lot of money for us at the time and he brought in JDG, Michu and Hernandez for the same price so it could well be true
Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 22:42 - Jul 20 with 1492 viewshobo

ARQS, think I remember too about Laudrup remarking the Siggy fee being too hefty and that he could bring in 2 or 3 players from abroad for that price
Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 03:55 - Jul 21 with 1271 viewsCatullus

I just need a yes option.

Vorm was poor last season, we have cover for Ben and I'll give siggy and Fabianski the chance they deserve.
All the moaning on here about it (and Bony leaving us for a pittance because our board are rubbish apparently) is out of kilter to the reality.
Fabianski is a decent keeper, Siggy didn't shine at spurs but may do here. And Bony hasn't gone anywhere, despite the much talked about release clause, and our board being sh!t!!!!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Would you be happy with, Davies and Vorm for Gylfi and 5 Million ? on 07:07 - Jul 21 with 1173 viewsAnotherJohn

It isn't the worst deal in the world. My feeling though is that, accepting Vorm's value is about 5m, 10m undervalues Ben Davies and over-values Gylfi. I very much hope the latter comes off for us, but there is a risk - if only because two of his last three clubs have eventually concluded that he should be moved on. In any event I'm not sure the reported figures are the correct ones.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024