Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony Speculation Rumbles On 07:46 - Aug 4 with 12638 viewsPhil_S

So yesterday former Swans manager Jan Molby was next in line to have a viewpoint on Swansea striker Wilfried Bony and he believes that the Swans are 'making noises about cashing in'

Full story at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35593/bony-speculation-ru
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:59 - Aug 5 with 3107 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:50 - Aug 5 by jacw

For what it's worth a close friend of mine who has no interest in the swans met Bony in his restaurant recently , and when asked what he thought of Monk as a manager he said , it didn't matter what he thought as he doesn't expect to be playing here this season . Please don't shoot the messenger I'm just posting what I heard and have no reason to disbelieve him.

How would someone with no interest in the Swans even know who Monk was, let alone wonder what a player, who they wouldn't know, thinks of him?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:01 - Aug 5 with 3092 viewsjacw

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:59 - Aug 5 by NeiltheTaylor

How would someone with no interest in the Swans even know who Monk was, let alone wonder what a player, who they wouldn't know, thinks of him?

He's an Asian Man U fan from Swansea
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:02 - Aug 5 with 3088 viewsJackoBoostardo

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:50 - Aug 5 by jacw

For what it's worth a close friend of mine who has no interest in the swans met Bony in his restaurant recently , and when asked what he thought of Monk as a manager he said , it didn't matter what he thought as he doesn't expect to be playing here this season . Please don't shoot the messenger I'm just posting what I heard and have no reason to disbelieve him.

Your source may also be full of shyte too?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:05 - Aug 5 with 3073 viewsicecoldjack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:59 - Aug 5 by NeiltheTaylor

And players know exactly what to say to punters when asked these questions,which they get asked all the time, not very often you get a player not trotting out the party line "love it here, great people,nice area looking forward to just playing, etc,etc "

What they tell us and what they actually think is sometimes quite alot different.

Bony seems savvy enough to me, i can't imagine him saying something like that with everything banged onto twitter and the internet within minutes .
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:08 - Aug 5 with 3054 viewsjacw

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:02 - Aug 5 by JackoBoostardo

Your source may also be full of shyte too?

Maybe , I don't want to believe him , but he has never been the type to be on a wind up and a very honourable person....but who knows.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:10 - Aug 5 with 3052 viewsjacw

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:05 - Aug 5 by icecoldjack

And players know exactly what to say to punters when asked these questions,which they get asked all the time, not very often you get a player not trotting out the party line "love it here, great people,nice area looking forward to just playing, etc,etc "

What they tell us and what they actually think is sometimes quite alot different.

Bony seems savvy enough to me, i can't imagine him saying something like that with everything banged onto twitter and the internet within minutes .

That's what he said he found strange that he was so brazen and open about it .
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:15 - Aug 5 with 3034 viewsjackharris

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:56 - Aug 5 by Tom1912

Previous offers such as Kids for a Quid aren't possible anymore. I believe the director's are keen to bring back that kind of thing once the expansion is in place.

Excess capacity will help the board hook more fans in for the future. The results won't always be immediate but it will be worth it in the long run.

I am all for school offers like the club did in the past and for a couple of the games last season, however, why in the world would we need to go back to kids for quid schemes?

We would need to look at reducing season ticket prices and match tickets for the fans who currently attend first and their kids. Such as South Stand priced children's seasons for the whole ground.

We had kids for a quid schemes because the ground wasn 't filled.

Children are the future but our premier league status needs to be maintained and our stalwart fans need to be rewarded first. The children would soon be going back to support the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool if we were not in the top flight. When I came back from London in 2008, the children of Swansea followed the big Prem clubs, 6 years later they follow the Swans.

If you really wanted a season in the close season you would have been able to get one, like I did for my nephew.

If you think we need to expand and weaken our squad you really do need your head read. I think we have the finance for expansion anyway.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:37 - Aug 5 with 2947 viewsjackharris

New stands - dew don't they look lush, although their clubs have all suffered since...

As I keep saying an increase in capacity is required, however, we have to be careful with our finances. Which I think we will be. The investment in the new training ground and academy have been brilliant.
The squad needs to be properly financed in an ongoing fashion. The new stand is then next on the list.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 16:38]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

Login to get fewer ads

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:42 - Aug 5 with 2927 viewsUxbridge

Wolves didn't get relegated cos they built a stand. Actually, neither did the basseys.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:48 - Aug 5 with 2891 viewsjackharris

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:42 - Aug 5 by Uxbridge

Wolves didn't get relegated cos they built a stand. Actually, neither did the basseys.

No they got relegated twice in a row. You seriously think that if they had employed a decent manager like Tony Pullis instead of Terry Connor etc and invested that money on players they would have been relegated twice.

Leeds overspent big time on their squad and that new stand. Where have they been since. They tried and failed to compete with Man Utd.

Cardiff is just one big mess.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 17:23 - Aug 5 with 2804 viewsjohnlangy

At the end of the first season some people were saying expand and others were saying no we need to keep the money to invest in the team.

At the end of the second season some people were saying expand and some were ......

At the end of the third .......... and so on.

The same arguments come out every year for and against. We need to do it at some time. If we go with the doomsayers assuming the worst it'll never happen.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 17:40 - Aug 5 with 2749 viewsStarsky

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:48 - Aug 5 by jackharris

No they got relegated twice in a row. You seriously think that if they had employed a decent manager like Tony Pullis instead of Terry Connor etc and invested that money on players they would have been relegated twice.

Leeds overspent big time on their squad and that new stand. Where have they been since. They tried and failed to compete with Man Utd.

Mr H. We're not like these other clubs you keep banging on about. They were dinosaurs. Spent more than they had for years.
We've been frugal for the last 10 years. We'll have our new stand and a squad to boot, whilst staying in the black.

It's just the internet, init.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 17:44 - Aug 5 with 2721 viewsUxbridge

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:48 - Aug 5 by jackharris

Aye, basket cases. And not stadium related.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 18:48 - Aug 5 with 2593 viewsItchySphincter

Wolves did make a business decision to improve stadium facilities over playing squad at that time though. That's well documented fact. It's one thing to prioritise but the got it hopelessly wrong imo.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 18:56 - Aug 5 with 2567 viewsUxbridge

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 18:48 - Aug 5 by ItchySphincter

Wolves did make a business decision to improve stadium facilities over playing squad at that time though. That's well documented fact. It's one thing to prioritise but the got it hopelessly wrong imo.

Perceived wisdom is not a well documented fact. They went down because they recruited badly and then made a few inexplicable managerial decisions.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 18:56 - Aug 5 with 2567 viewsjackharris

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 17:40 - Aug 5 by Starsky

Mr H. We're not like these other clubs you keep banging on about. They were dinosaurs. Spent more than they had for years.
We've been frugal for the last 10 years. We'll have our new stand and a squad to boot, whilst staying in the black.

Absolutely but my responses on this thread are in connection with people saying we can't have the penny and the Bony! Whilst I think we can and are in a financial position to do so. Build and keep Bony. However, if was a matter of playing squad or expansion it would be playing squad.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 18:58 - Aug 5 with 2558 viewsStarsky

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 18:56 - Aug 5 by jackharris

Absolutely but my responses on this thread are in connection with people saying we can't have the penny and the Bony! Whilst I think we can and are in a financial position to do so. Build and keep Bony. However, if was a matter of playing squad or expansion it would be playing squad.

Get your big Vs ready for the Man U game thread.

It's just the internet, init.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 21:01 - Aug 5 with 2433 viewsItchySphincter

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 18:56 - Aug 5 by Uxbridge

Perceived wisdom is not a well documented fact. They went down because they recruited badly and then made a few inexplicable managerial decisions.

That's an opinion.

Wolves did not hide from the fact that money for the playing squad was tight due to the rebuilding. That's not perceived wisdom, it's fact. It may also be a fact that they recruited badly but that could well be related to the fact that they didn't have any money for decent players due to the fact that they were spending what they had on the stand. Fact.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 23:04 - Aug 5 with 2341 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Evening Post tomorrow states "FARCICAL"

Looks like the club and Evening Post are answering the rumours about Bony going on the cheap
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 23:25 - Aug 5 with 2264 viewsjackharris

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 23:04 - Aug 5 by TenkosBlondeWig

Evening Post tomorrow states "FARCICAL"

Looks like the club and Evening Post are answering the rumours about Bony going on the cheap

Bony Speculation Rumbles On (n/t) on 23:28 - Aug 5 with 2252 viewsjackharris

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 23:25 - Aug 5 by jackharris

[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 0:12]

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:20 - Aug 6 with 2068 viewsjackharris

He is still striving to cause unrest @MirrorDarren just on talk sport reiterating that we will sell Bony for under 19m, his sources Huw Jenkins speaking last week about a Champions League Club and Garry Monk saying he's not going anywhere unless for an astronomical fee! He's clueless.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:24 - Aug 6 with 2051 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Is that Cardiff stand real ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:38 - Aug 6 with 2003 viewsjackharris

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:24 - Aug 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

Is that Cardiff stand real ?

No it's a picture of a computerised image of the stand.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024