Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone regretting not renewing? 08:22 - Aug 6 with 4975 viewssteve_g

I renewed as soon as the deal was announced even before Riga but have to say if I'd have known what was happening over summer then am not sure I would have taken that decision. Quite excited for the new season now though and quite glad I got one - anyone regretting the decision and will miss out on an £8 a game season?

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 08:25 - Aug 6 with 4455 viewsholeymoley

not at all
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 8:26]
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 08:39 - Aug 6 with 4415 viewsOld_Laytonian

Cheapskate
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 08:51 - Aug 6 with 4390 viewsseasider81

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 08:39 - Aug 6 by Old_Laytonian

Cheapskate

No
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 08:53 - Aug 6 with 4365 viewsspider29

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 08:39 - Aug 6 by Old_Laytonian

Cheapskate

They're all regretting now.
4 reasons why...
Cubero
Mellis
Lewis
Oriel...
The really big boys en route !
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 09:04 - Aug 6 with 4372 viewsa_view_from_the_sofa

I think the shambolic way the pre-season has been handled has justified the decision not to renew. Even if the pre-season had been, let's say, more textbook I still would not regret it as the Oystons are still in charge. I took the decision not to renew as i couldn't stand the thought of my hard-earned going to the Oystons any longer, I support Blackpool FC not owners who are intent on making themselves super-rich at the expense of the fans and the Football club.

I respect anyone's decision to renew (members of my immediate family have done), it's a personal preference, although I feel by doing so you are giving the Oystons the green light to continue bleeding the club dry. I guess some people can't do without their fortnightly fix or they don't really think the Oystons have done much wrong.
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 09:09 - Aug 6 with 4367 viewsno_more_lies

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 09:04 - Aug 6 by a_view_from_the_sofa

I think the shambolic way the pre-season has been handled has justified the decision not to renew. Even if the pre-season had been, let's say, more textbook I still would not regret it as the Oystons are still in charge. I took the decision not to renew as i couldn't stand the thought of my hard-earned going to the Oystons any longer, I support Blackpool FC not owners who are intent on making themselves super-rich at the expense of the fans and the Football club.

I respect anyone's decision to renew (members of my immediate family have done), it's a personal preference, although I feel by doing so you are giving the Oystons the green light to continue bleeding the club dry. I guess some people can't do without their fortnightly fix or they don't really think the Oystons have done much wrong.

No regrets here. Been offered freebies for Rovers and looking forward to Wigan. Oyston went to far this time.

Envy of the football league

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 09:17 - Aug 6 with 4354 viewsRusty2Stands

No regrets at all.
Third season now of not renewing and I've numerous other interests, to the point I don't even think about going to the football anymore.
I decided to stop when the rapist awarded himself the 11 million salary.
Everything I've seen since has more than justified my 'not a penny more' stance, and I'm entirely comfortable with it.
The day the filth walk away from Bloomfield Rd is the day I walk back in.
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 09:44 - Aug 6 with 4312 viewsMr_Brightside

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 09:17 - Aug 6 by Rusty2Stands

No regrets at all.
Third season now of not renewing and I've numerous other interests, to the point I don't even think about going to the football anymore.
I decided to stop when the rapist awarded himself the 11 million salary.
Everything I've seen since has more than justified my 'not a penny more' stance, and I'm entirely comfortable with it.
The day the filth walk away from Bloomfield Rd is the day I walk back in.

As much as I can't abide the Oyston's I would like to think that my season ticket money has gone to Riga and not the O's. A bit like I'd like to think my TV licence goes to quality drama and not Nick Grimshaw!!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 09:56 - Aug 6 with 4297 viewsBrett_legend

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 09:44 - Aug 6 by Mr_Brightside

As much as I can't abide the Oyston's I would like to think that my season ticket money has gone to Riga and not the O's. A bit like I'd like to think my TV licence goes to quality drama and not Nick Grimshaw!!

No regrets. You have to draw the line somewhere and stop feeding the parasites.

Oyston Out

Tangerine in my heart

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 10:09 - Aug 6 with 4279 viewsBFCJonathanII

No.

I will also not regret keeping my money away from a Convicted Rapist and his stereotypical (greedy and not caring for their fellow man) rich family.

I will not attend a single home game this season.
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 10:32 - Aug 6 with 4262 viewsMr_Sifter

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 10:09 - Aug 6 by BFCJonathanII

No.

I will also not regret keeping my money away from a Convicted Rapist and his stereotypical (greedy and not caring for their fellow man) rich family.

I will not attend a single home game this season.

Not at all.

The pressure from the fans that has been applied this close season has resulted in us having Riga as manager, and seemingly the players that he wanted to sign.

If everyone had just simply bowed to the 'great value' of the reduced season tickets then I'm sure Brian Flynn would have been the manager and we would definitley not have players of the pedigree of Cubero and Oriel.

Who knows....if nobody had re-newed we might have had a training ground by now!
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 10:49 - Aug 6 with 4236 viewsBfcbella

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 10:32 - Aug 6 by Mr_Sifter

Not at all.

The pressure from the fans that has been applied this close season has resulted in us having Riga as manager, and seemingly the players that he wanted to sign.

If everyone had just simply bowed to the 'great value' of the reduced season tickets then I'm sure Brian Flynn would have been the manager and we would definitley not have players of the pedigree of Cubero and Oriel.

Who knows....if nobody had re-newed we might have had a training ground by now!

"NO" Oyston said again he would do things differently, boy that was FFing different. He's made us the laughing stock. But went to far by a mile, my decision after last season had the proviso, that unless there was a significant change in the running of the club (for the better) and some intent shown early in the summer, I would not renew. So I voted with my feet. Whilst I don't regret it for the reasons stated above I will miss the Saturday afternoons. I've decided to go to the game on 28th Dec so that will be my second and last visit to Bloomfield Rd this season (Rod being the first)
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 11:01 - Aug 6 with 4212 viewsscratchingshed

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 10:49 - Aug 6 by Bfcbella

"NO" Oyston said again he would do things differently, boy that was FFing different. He's made us the laughing stock. But went to far by a mile, my decision after last season had the proviso, that unless there was a significant change in the running of the club (for the better) and some intent shown early in the summer, I would not renew. So I voted with my feet. Whilst I don't regret it for the reasons stated above I will miss the Saturday afternoons. I've decided to go to the game on 28th Dec so that will be my second and last visit to Bloomfield Rd this season (Rod being the first)

Absolutely not.

Still nothing changed cheap has been over the hill players coming in with the exception of a few of the foreigners [but I'll wait to see them play first before I pass judgement on them]

Manager still not known if he's here for the season, back room staff still not signed contracts, Oystains still laughing at the protests.

We all knew players would arrive cos they simply had to, but nothing has changed one bit in the way this club goes about it's business.
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 11:39 - Aug 6 with 4191 viewsHighfieldSeasider

Not yet, no doubt I will miss it though. The way I feel has been summed up a fair few times on avftt in recent months......
I feel like the current owners have backed me, as a fan, into a corner and for years my love of the club has made me renew. Well I have finally had enough and my way of fighting back is simply to not renew and give them anymore money! (£8 a game or not). As has been said above, family members have bought season tickets, that's their choice, I don't have a problem with people renewing, but personally I have decided not to. And I stand by that 100%
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 21:17 - Aug 6 with 4102 viewssteve_g

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 11:39 - Aug 6 by HighfieldSeasider

Not yet, no doubt I will miss it though. The way I feel has been summed up a fair few times on avftt in recent months......
I feel like the current owners have backed me, as a fan, into a corner and for years my love of the club has made me renew. Well I have finally had enough and my way of fighting back is simply to not renew and give them anymore money! (£8 a game or not). As has been said above, family members have bought season tickets, that's their choice, I don't have a problem with people renewing, but personally I have decided not to. And I stand by that 100%

Be fascinating to see the gate on the first Saturday we're at home. No doubt buoyed by a travelling Blackburn base but can anyone see us getting 10,000 home supporters? Will curiosity attract those back to the club or will they stick by their guns? Be interesting as well if we start well and people start talking about us positively around the town - is it then pig headed not to buy back in to us?

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 22:22 - Aug 6 with 4064 viewsbrassedoff

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 21:17 - Aug 6 by steve_g

Be fascinating to see the gate on the first Saturday we're at home. No doubt buoyed by a travelling Blackburn base but can anyone see us getting 10,000 home supporters? Will curiosity attract those back to the club or will they stick by their guns? Be interesting as well if we start well and people start talking about us positively around the town - is it then pig headed not to buy back in to us?

My hatred for Oyston tainted this one and I will probably end up going to Blackburn and paying £20 odd quid which was an eight of the way to a season ticket. However, I just felt that I had to do something out of principle and when I heard the name Brian Flynn it was the last straw.

I have been impressed by the manor, stature and behaviour of Riga and have been interested enough in his signings to follow developments on the internet. Do I regret not renewing? No because that was my one chance to tell Karl what I thought.

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 23:11 - Aug 6 with 4029 viewsbig_bloomers

Can we bump this thread at 3pm next Saturday and gauge reaction then? It's a bit like going on a detox and sitting in a pub whilst everyone else has a pint.

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 23:28 - Aug 6 with 4020 viewsonlyonepool

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 23:11 - Aug 6 by big_bloomers

Can we bump this thread at 3pm next Saturday and gauge reaction then? It's a bit like going on a detox and sitting in a pub whilst everyone else has a pint.

The way KO has handled matters this close season has completely alienated a large proportion of the fan base. I renewed just before the deadline after Riga was appointed. I came very close to demanding a refund.

The players recruited over the past few days are of a decent calibre and I can't help feeling that a lot of the bad feeling could have been avoided if these deals had been done 5 weeks ago.

For KO to brazenly spout that he has saved thousands on wages by leaving signings to the last minute is an absolute disgrace it created an even more toxic situation and has given Riga a near impossible task to hit the ground running.
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 08:07 - Aug 7 with 3949 viewsDavid53

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 23:28 - Aug 6 by onlyonepool

The way KO has handled matters this close season has completely alienated a large proportion of the fan base. I renewed just before the deadline after Riga was appointed. I came very close to demanding a refund.

The players recruited over the past few days are of a decent calibre and I can't help feeling that a lot of the bad feeling could have been avoided if these deals had been done 5 weeks ago.

For KO to brazenly spout that he has saved thousands on wages by leaving signings to the last minute is an absolute disgrace it created an even more toxic situation and has given Riga a near impossible task to hit the ground running.

I think we'll see a number of the "not going again" "not a penny more" brigade offering first hand assessments on performances this season.
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 08:59 - Aug 7 with 3930 viewsgjr69

Not yet, i will pick and choose, maybe go to more away games than usual.

Squad is still well short, hope i regret my decision by the end of August.
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 11:22 - Aug 7 with 3897 viewsSeaside1982

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 23:28 - Aug 6 by onlyonepool

Well put onlyonepool!!

I just don't get why the owner of a football club enjoys upsetting the fans, after all we are the paying customers. He has only damaged the club in the long run by reducing ST numbers.

If he had signed Riga & then quality players a lot sooner I think the number of ST sold would have increased back to last years figure. A lot of fans just wanted to see a fair amount of investment but instead saw none!

I don't regret not renewing as I wont have to see Oyston grinning, sat in his directors box happy with his millions in the bank!!!!
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 11:27]
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 12:05 - Aug 7 with 3867 viewsWizaard

Even if they were, no-one is ever going to admit it.

Too entrenched
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 12:10 - Aug 7 with 3866 viewsgjr69

I would admit it if i regret it.

I want to regret it.

Some people are in entrenched positions but not all of us.
Anyone regretting not renewing? on 10:36 - Aug 9 with 3788 viewsMr_Brightside

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 12:10 - Aug 7 by gjr69

I would admit it if i regret it.

I want to regret it.

Some people are in entrenched positions but not all of us.

Must confess feels a bit empty not having a season ticket but this is the third time I've not renewed. It does focus you on the important things in life and I found going every home game started to become a chore rather than something I looked forward to.

I'll probably go to Blackburn and maybe Brentford but then I'll chose my games and over a season might pay a bit more than the cost of a season ticket but I'll not have been a football slave many become.

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Anyone regretting not renewing? on 17:04 - Aug 9 with 3734 viewsOdinsRaven

I don't regret it at all.

What I will say though is I genuinely hope we have a better season and if you folks who did renew for the cheap price get a good result well done you.

Unfortunately on other sites I have seen nothing but disdain from renewers towards those of us who refuse to put any more cash in Oystons pockets.

Not an attractive quality I must say, and rather puerile.

Good luck to you renewers, you deserve a good two seasons for showing the faith, something I cannot do with Oyston in charge
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024