Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest 11:16 - Aug 10 with 2445 viewsOneDaveBamber

At the usual place. Comments welcome as always.

http://measuredprogress.co.uk/match-coverage/nottingham-forest-2-0-blackpool-fou
BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 11:28 - Aug 10 with 2430 viewsbottle

Best report I've read and very much appreciated. Interesting to read about the fitness level of Zenjov being so poor or had he done a lot of chasing around prior to this or ded he just seem ill prepared? Maybe we underestimate the speed at which the English game is played at in comparison to Eastern Europe etc. I'm sure Riga felt he was fit enough unless he was completely out of options.

I was going to say good reading, but it makes far from good reading really if you follow me! Cheers
BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 11:31 - Aug 10 with 2426 viewstde74

Great stuff.

I share your incredulity at the registration farce. Just when you think KO is going to achieve some sort of justification for the pre-season debacle (at least in his own mind), defeat is snatched from the jaws of any kind of moral victory. Heads never roll at Blackpool but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this embarrassment got under even the chairman's rhino-like skin. A mind-boggling lack of due care and attention.
BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 11:53 - Aug 10 with 2405 viewsTwelveAngryMen

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 11:31 - Aug 10 by tde74

Great stuff.

I share your incredulity at the registration farce. Just when you think KO is going to achieve some sort of justification for the pre-season debacle (at least in his own mind), defeat is snatched from the jaws of any kind of moral victory. Heads never roll at Blackpool but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this embarrassment got under even the chairman's rhino-like skin. A mind-boggling lack of due care and attention.

Zenjov looked unfit at Penrith

#footballfirst

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 12:44 - Aug 10 with 2372 viewsBFC_Tim

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 11:53 - Aug 10 by TwelveAngryMen

Zenjov looked unfit at Penrith

ODB - can you see the additions making enough difference to us or are we still woefully short? I still worry where we'll get the goals from!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 12:51 - Aug 10 with 2370 viewsMr_Brightside

Interesting to read this: It was interesting to note that as soon as the second goal went in, Riga called over Peter Clarke to the touchline to issue his instructions, rather than captain McMahon. Was it a case of convenience with McMahon on the far side of the pitch, or an indication of Clarke’s leadership skills which may see him take over the armband as the season progresses?

So many have dissed Clarke before he kicked a ball but I tend to agree with ODB that he is definitely the one who'll get us organised in the early days. Wonder if he can still play at Right back as for me this would be preferable to the centre of defence.

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 13:11 - Aug 10 with 2364 viewsTheOldKopRoof

"A serious review of internal procedures must follow this latest farce" Nice sentiments, but unlikely given that sloppy management and a couldn't care less culture has smothered the club, certainly off the pitch.

Riga is dealing with this with more dignity than Oyston could ever muster, and Riga's demise, IMO is not far away, one way or the other.

Karl really is strangling the life out of Blackpool FC.

Karl Oyston. All that is bad about human nature.

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 16:37 - Aug 10 with 2317 viewsWizaard

Cheers Chris

Agree with that, although I think the inclusion of just Miller would have made a difference. He would have kept the ball much better, allowing us to get up the pitch more, allowing better retention of the ball, and therefore less tiredness.

If you then factor in Oriol at full back, that would have given us Perkins in his preferred midfield role. What we lacked in midfield was someone to win the ball. They were all similar types, but no-one really did that grafting role, winning the ball and giving it to those more creative types.

Difficult to really gauge anything, and part of me looks at the first few games and thinks, if you win you say the result is important, whereas if you lose, it's how you perform that's important.

All in all, I thought there were positives, but we're obviously miles behind everyone else in terms of readiness, most of which is self-inflicted.
BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 04:35 - Aug 11 with 2267 viewsseasider13

Cheers for the report ODB

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Login to get fewer ads

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 08:22 - Aug 11 with 2241 viewsOneDaveBamber

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 04:35 - Aug 11 by seasider13

Cheers for the report ODB

Thanks for the comments all.
BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 10:52 - Aug 11 with 2220 viewsPoolman

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 08:22 - Aug 11 by OneDaveBamber

Thanks for the comments all.

ODB - am missing your how many players we have to sign a day to get a squad tweets! They were the highlight of the summer!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 12:56 - Aug 11 with 2196 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's a good read as always Chris.

I share your bewilderment about the registration issues, and it underlines the importance of the role that Matt Williams undertook for us. It's a hard lesson to learn, but one well learned, I hope.

On the field, I think you analysed it well. I saw more in Orlandi than you did, I think ; and I thought Daniels looked a good player alongside the vastly experienced Clarke. For all Forest's possession out wide, they got precious little change out of these two when ball did come into the box.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 13:21 - Aug 11 with 2172 viewsclappers

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Forest on 12:56 - Aug 11 by basilrobbiereborn

It's a good read as always Chris.

I share your bewilderment about the registration issues, and it underlines the importance of the role that Matt Williams undertook for us. It's a hard lesson to learn, but one well learned, I hope.

On the field, I think you analysed it well. I saw more in Orlandi than you did, I think ; and I thought Daniels looked a good player alongside the vastly experienced Clarke. For all Forest's possession out wide, they got precious little change out of these two when ball did come into the box.

My view remains unchanged : as long as PC is a starter we will struggle to stop the flow of goals in this division - irrespective of his leadership quality and respect for him as a professional.

Bows and arrows against the lightning I'm afraid.

If you have the urge to stand and shout...it has to be for OYSTON OUT!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024