Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why haven't more migrated to this site? 15:37 - Aug 12 with 1878 viewsBigbrother

Better message board, better looking site, better functionality, better speed, better smilies, better posters , better everything really other than debate

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 16:09 - Aug 12 with 1845 views1953Original

Force of habit, pack mentality, familiarity - shame cos some decent threads of here which would easily score a ton over there.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 16:17 - Aug 12 with 1833 viewsPoolman

Think BB is spot on - think a few will come over tonight - I posted a link on there last Saturday for the Chat Room and was really busy - will do the same later!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 16:43 - Aug 12 with 1809 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

It takes time. At the moment they are all wallowing in happiness at having a balanced-discussion-free-zone on the old site. If we start doing reasonably well they won't have any football to talk about and it will become little more than an Oyston bashing forum.

Nothing wrong with criticism of the owners and the shambolic way the chairman is allowing the club to operate, but I prefer to have some on the pitch things to talk about. We probably need to get a few games into the season and then we can form opinions about all of these players we know nothing about, and hopefully sensible discussion will break out. Let's just hope we don't fall back into the "not good enough for League 1" or "cheap option" types of instant dismissal without any reasons put forward for such a view.
Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 17:54 - Aug 12 with 1758 viewsThe_Ghost

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 16:43 - Aug 12 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

It takes time. At the moment they are all wallowing in happiness at having a balanced-discussion-free-zone on the old site. If we start doing reasonably well they won't have any football to talk about and it will become little more than an Oyston bashing forum.

Nothing wrong with criticism of the owners and the shambolic way the chairman is allowing the club to operate, but I prefer to have some on the pitch things to talk about. We probably need to get a few games into the season and then we can form opinions about all of these players we know nothing about, and hopefully sensible discussion will break out. Let's just hope we don't fall back into the "not good enough for League 1" or "cheap option" types of instant dismissal without any reasons put forward for such a view.

Most of the banned users have returned, and are probably enjoying themselves right now.
They've got plenty to talk about as long as TDL keeps posting, coincidently straight after AVFTT moved, and the new board name discussion and the mod nominations will keep them ticking over.
I think it will always be a busy forum. But a forum is all it is, unlike here, which has loads of extras.
I think the mods won't be tested just yet. But they will be.
Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 18:11 - Aug 12 with 1747 viewsPoolseasider

I use both more the old one than new site and also Bhs.I'm a middle aged bloke and not really bothered about video/photo etc but the amount of posters on a debate is why Bhs wasn't for me.

When you get small numbers you end up becoming a click as everybody kind of knows the other posters.

The old site was supposed to shut down and in a way would have been for the good,now we have a split as Fansonline make money out of the site with the busy traffic and won't close it.

Some of the posters who where banned overstepped the mark which is easy sat behind a computer when you are drinking but where good posters.

I don't know how this one will pan out because this site is like Bhs now very nice with technology but low traffic so I'll wait and see.
Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 18:14 - Aug 12 with 1740 viewsjimjac

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 17:54 - Aug 12 by The_Ghost

Most of the banned users have returned, and are probably enjoying themselves right now.
They've got plenty to talk about as long as TDL keeps posting, coincidently straight after AVFTT moved, and the new board name discussion and the mod nominations will keep them ticking over.
I think it will always be a busy forum. But a forum is all it is, unlike here, which has loads of extras.
I think the mods won't be tested just yet. But they will be.

Think if they are happy to keep bashing KO then let them get on with it. He says their efforts do not affect him and in a way I think he means it. If they are bashing KO then they are leaving Jose and the Players alone.

This site will take a little getting used to but it will do the job in the end.
Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 18:32 - Aug 12 with 1724 viewsHertsseasider

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 18:14 - Aug 12 by jimjac

Think if they are happy to keep bashing KO then let them get on with it. He says their efforts do not affect him and in a way I think he means it. If they are bashing KO then they are leaving Jose and the Players alone.

This site will take a little getting used to but it will do the job in the end.

The problem is that this site gives the impression, all is well with the world. No it ain't.
This site allows you to post pictures, go to a Chat Room, use fancy emoticons or whatever. Most people don't want that.
This site ain't work friendly with the massive Tangerine background.
Fair play to those who set it up, but its not for me.

"Schools Out London"

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 19:23 - Aug 12 with 1680 viewsLaytonRob

I think it will just be a matter of time till more come across
Login to get fewer ads

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 19:23 - Aug 12 with 1679 viewsThe_Ghost

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 18:32 - Aug 12 by Hertsseasider

The problem is that this site gives the impression, all is well with the world. No it ain't.
This site allows you to post pictures, go to a Chat Room, use fancy emoticons or whatever. Most people don't want that.
This site ain't work friendly with the massive Tangerine background.
Fair play to those who set it up, but its not for me.

Is this because every other thread doesn't have the words Oyston in it?

The Karl Oyston column thread shows that things are not right at the club, and I think a lot of fans have read the Gazette today and feel the same.
Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 20:17 - Aug 12 with 1640 viewshertfordseasider

Some very narrow minded views on here I have to say and also very precious and not that welcoming.

I am with Herts on this, it isn't for me either but to each their own. I think you will find that this site just won't get the traffic it requires to succeed, it isn't needed, it does what BHS does and that is established.

And if you think the old site is just anti Oyston, you are wrong, it is just haow it always was, a debate about everything, even non BFC and from all viewpoints.

I am not surprised at the user names who are dissing the old site, they are ones who were clearly never comfortable on the there in the past.

Give it 3 months and see where we are then, but I think the old site will just be as busy as it always was.
Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 21:16 - Aug 12 with 1609 viewsPoolman

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 20:17 - Aug 12 by hertfordseasider

Some very narrow minded views on here I have to say and also very precious and not that welcoming.

I am with Herts on this, it isn't for me either but to each their own. I think you will find that this site just won't get the traffic it requires to succeed, it isn't needed, it does what BHS does and that is established.

And if you think the old site is just anti Oyston, you are wrong, it is just haow it always was, a debate about everything, even non BFC and from all viewpoints.

I am not surprised at the user names who are dissing the old site, they are ones who were clearly never comfortable on the there in the past.

Give it 3 months and see where we are then, but I think the old site will just be as busy as it always was.

AVFTT doing well on Match Days/Nights - plenty in the chat room!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 22:46 - Aug 12 with 1544 viewstangomonkey

I got a message from a moderator asking me to 'have a go at posting' I replying saying it is already very clicky on here and will put most people off.

It thread proves that.

Signing off
Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 23:37 - Aug 12 with 1526 viewsbillybigbananas

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 22:46 - Aug 12 by tangomonkey

I got a message from a moderator asking me to 'have a go at posting' I replying saying it is already very clicky on here and will put most people off.

It thread proves that.

Signing off

I got a message from a moderator asking me to 'have a go at posting'

... Dear oh dear
Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 02:55 - Aug 13 with 1496 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 23:37 - Aug 12 by billybigbananas

I got a message from a moderator asking me to 'have a go at posting'

... Dear oh dear

I don't like this new at all but because it's the new one I feel obliged to post now and again. Used to the simple old look of the old one, plus force of habit!
Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 09:20 - Aug 13 with 1452 viewsstraightatthewall

The other site has more debate and better posters contributing to it. It's only really missing Robbie.

This site seems to have plenty of readers, but not many posters. Without good juicy threads to get discussion going, it's not much of a forum. Plus the 'page' thing on longer threads is really annoying.

Oh, and there's also quite a few people who felt misled about the way the 'closure' of the old site was announced.....

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 12:28 - Aug 13 with 1378 viewsThe_Ghost

Why haven't more migrated to this site? on 09:20 - Aug 13 by straightatthewall

The other site has more debate and better posters contributing to it. It's only really missing Robbie.

This site seems to have plenty of readers, but not many posters. Without good juicy threads to get discussion going, it's not much of a forum. Plus the 'page' thing on longer threads is really annoying.

Oh, and there's also quite a few people who felt misled about the way the 'closure' of the old site was announced.....

We don't have TDL or Allez posting much, that's why, and we haven't had an anti BSA thread for 20's to chew on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024