Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Lewis better than Gilks 21:36 - Aug 24 with 2172 viewswee_Bob

The one position this season were we have definitely seen an improvement - he's unlucky not to have kept a clean sheet.
Joe Lewis better than Gilks on 21:56 - Aug 24 with 2158 viewsBigbrother

Agree he has been a breath if fresh air and can't think if one goal that w.as his fault. Welcome addition

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Joe Lewis better than Gilks (n/t) on 22:10 - Aug 24 with 2152 viewschesterbfc

Joe Lewis better than Gilks on 21:56 - Aug 24 by Bigbrother

Agree he has been a breath if fresh air and can't think if one goal that w.as his fault. Welcome addition

Joe Lewis better than Gilks (n/t) on 09:21 - Aug 25 with 2078 viewssteve_g

Joe Lewis better than Gilks (n/t) on 22:10 - Aug 24 by chesterbfc

Like the way he punches balls clear (very Joe Hart), kicks are better than Gilks, commands his area better and much more agile - definitely a better keeper.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Joe Lewis better than Gilks (n/t) on 09:40 - Aug 25 with 2072 viewslythamite

Joe Lewis better than Gilks (n/t) on 09:21 - Aug 25 by steve_g

Like the way he punches balls clear (very Joe Hart), kicks are better than Gilks, commands his area better and much more agile - definitely a better keeper.

Parish v Halstead
Joe Lewis better than Gilks (n/t) on 18:00 - Aug 25 with 1989 viewsFY4MIKEH

Joe Lewis better than Gilks (n/t) on 09:21 - Aug 25 by steve_g

Much better than Gilks.
Joe Lewis better than Gilks (n/t) on 20:28 - Aug 25 with 1946 viewsFixitian

Joe Lewis better than Gilks (n/t) on 18:00 - Aug 25 by FY4MIKEH

Much better than Gilks.

Must admit I feel more confident with him between the sticks.
Joe Lewis better than Gilks on 20:36 - Aug 25 with 1939 viewsPoolseasider

I like him just a shame he's on loan but then again when most players are on one year deals I suppose it makes no difference.
Joe Lewis better than Gilks on 19:33 - Aug 27 with 1812 viewsOsbourne

Yes, Lewis looks good.
Lets not forget that Gilks did well for us too though. He saved that penalty at Wigan, we probably owe our championship status 2014-15 to Gilks.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Lewis better than Gilks on 20:43 - Aug 27 with 1793 viewsTangycider

Joe Lewis better than Gilks on 19:33 - Aug 27 by Osbourne

Yes, Lewis looks good.
Lets not forget that Gilks did well for us too though. He saved that penalty at Wigan, we probably owe our championship status 2014-15 to Gilks.

Gilks played his first game last night, and must be gutted they got beat by the massive, as I cannot see him getting much game time. I think Lewis has been one of the few positives over summer, and I think it was the right time for Matty to move on
Joe Lewis better than Gilks on 15:29 - Aug 28 with 1736 viewsbig_bloomers

If Burnley's first choice keeper gets injured I hold out little hope of them staying up with Gilks. let's call it the Kingston effect.

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Joe Lewis better than Gilks on 22:31 - Sep 3 with 1691 viewsMr_Brightside

Joe Lewis better than Gilks on 15:29 - Aug 28 by big_bloomers

If Burnley's first choice keeper gets injured I hold out little hope of them staying up with Gilks. let's call it the Kingston effect.

Ridiculous rumour on the other site that Lewis has quit - sadly how childish and puerile it's become over there that so many are biting

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Joe Lewis better than Gilks on 08:32 - Sep 4 with 1658 viewsa_view_from_the_sofa

Joe Lewis better than Gilks on 22:31 - Sep 3 by Mr_Brightside

Ridiculous rumour on the other site that Lewis has quit - sadly how childish and puerile it's become over there that so many are biting

Gilks was a good servant, no doubt, but his inadequacies as a keeper were there for all to see. Kicking and crosses, bread and butter for goalkeepers, he was poor with. Whenever the opposition had a corner or got into a decent crossing position I feared for us, likewise whenever there was a pass back from a defender a sharp intake of breathe was audible around the ground.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024