Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redknapp - New Contract? 13:53 - Aug 26 with 14229 viewsMaggsinho

Sky Sports seem to think so:

Presumably leaked today to head off the speculation about Sherwood.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 09:19 - Aug 27 with 2007 viewspaulparker

Redknapp - New Contract? on 22:49 - Aug 26 by kysersosaqpr

ManUre lost 0-4. Should their manager get sacked? H has got a good squas together. He's brought in a decent coach. The new players need time to click, find form, and get fit.
Yes H made a couple of errors in team, but how many here agree to the same team before each game? Never unanimous. H should also have prepared pre season better.

Fans can except a tonking here and there, if we have put in a shift and done the basics right ,
but c'mon, how many more times are we going to concede from corners ?
we had 3 CB's over 6ft yet none of them can win a header, actually our set pieces for & against have been woeful since Arry has been in charge
we all agreed in hindsight that Hughes should have gone after Swansea, well sunday we played worse, Hull & Sunderland at home are the games we have to win, balls up on Saturday then we are in the deep stuff already
also can we get out of this mind-set that we are not expected to win at the likes of spurs
Why cant we ? they aint all that , what's the point in turning up if we expect to get beat ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Redknapp - New Contract? on 10:34 - Aug 27 with 1974 viewsLoftusRdW12

Redknapp - New Contract? on 09:19 - Aug 27 by paulparker

Fans can except a tonking here and there, if we have put in a shift and done the basics right ,
but c'mon, how many more times are we going to concede from corners ?
we had 3 CB's over 6ft yet none of them can win a header, actually our set pieces for & against have been woeful since Arry has been in charge
we all agreed in hindsight that Hughes should have gone after Swansea, well sunday we played worse, Hull & Sunderland at home are the games we have to win, balls up on Saturday then we are in the deep stuff already
also can we get out of this mind-set that we are not expected to win at the likes of spurs
Why cant we ? they aint all that , what's the point in turning up if we expect to get beat ,

I expect to get paid every week, because that's what has been happening most of my working life.

I think we've won at Spurs 3 times in our history (nearly 130 years).

Most of us were moderately hopeful of some kind of result or at least a good performance before the game.

If you want to go to games like that expecting to win, I should expect a lot of disappointment !

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Redknapp - New Contract? on 10:40 - Aug 27 with 1952 viewsSpiritofGregory

Redknapp - New Contract? on 10:34 - Aug 27 by LoftusRdW12

I expect to get paid every week, because that's what has been happening most of my working life.

I think we've won at Spurs 3 times in our history (nearly 130 years).

Most of us were moderately hopeful of some kind of result or at least a good performance before the game.

If you want to go to games like that expecting to win, I should expect a lot of disappointment !

We didn't expect our team to give in so easily. Harry should hold his hands up as we were better as a 442 and with Faurlin on the pitch. I refuse to believe that Spurs are that good, we made it easy for them.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 10:51 - Aug 27 with 1935 viewsLoftusRdW12

Redknapp - New Contract? on 10:40 - Aug 27 by SpiritofGregory

We didn't expect our team to give in so easily. Harry should hold his hands up as we were better as a 442 and with Faurlin on the pitch. I refuse to believe that Spurs are that good, we made it easy for them.

I agree. It's too early to make judgements about anyone at this stage of the season.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Redknapp - New Contract? on 10:59 - Aug 27 with 1918 viewsSpiritofGregory

Redknapp - New Contract? on 10:51 - Aug 27 by LoftusRdW12

I agree. It's too early to make judgements about anyone at this stage of the season.

I watched it again last night, we had 3 chances that we should have scored from and a goal disallowed. The players should not be missing those chances, Harry made them nervous by playing them in a system that they don't understand and leaving the best passer at the club out of the starting 11. He threw that game away. Look at Spurs against West Ham they were lucky to get a result against the Hammers.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 11:12 - Aug 27 with 1919 viewsLoftusRdW12

Redknapp - New Contract? on 10:59 - Aug 27 by SpiritofGregory

I watched it again last night, we had 3 chances that we should have scored from and a goal disallowed. The players should not be missing those chances, Harry made them nervous by playing them in a system that they don't understand and leaving the best passer at the club out of the starting 11. He threw that game away. Look at Spurs against West Ham they were lucky to get a result against the Hammers.

Well you're a braver man than me. I saw enough on Sunday.

I think a lot can be put down to lack of fitness/preparation. We've been caught short this season. In my opinion, Redknapp is trying to get everyone fit by giving them all game time. We're still in pre season mode. Looking at it like that, dropping Faurlin for Fer makes more sense. If Fer had played a blinder there would be no bases for criticism.

Redknapp - New Contract? on 13:35 - Aug 27 with 1858 viewsNov77

Redknapp - New Contract? on 11:12 - Aug 27 by LoftusRdW12

Well you're a braver man than me. I saw enough on Sunday.

I think a lot can be put down to lack of fitness/preparation. We've been caught short this season. In my opinion, Redknapp is trying to get everyone fit by giving them all game time. We're still in pre season mode. Looking at it like that, dropping Faurlin for Fer makes more sense. If Fer had played a blinder there would be no bases for criticism.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9442844/les-ferdinand-will-not-be-

"“There will be a new deal for Harry — that’s live on Sky! — we’ve been in discussions and it’s something I’ve always wanted, stability,” Fernandes told Sky Sports News HQ.

“Last weekend’s result (a 4-0 defeat to Tottenham) doesn’t impact the shareholders’ view at all — the key thing was to get promoted and there was always every intention to renew his contract and I’m sure in the next few days that will be announced."

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Redknapp - New Contract? on 13:52 - Aug 27 with 1821 viewsessextaxiboy

A tale of two Tonys .... Fernandes or Evans .

Who is full of sh*t ? ....
Login to get fewer ads

Redknapp - New Contract? on 13:59 - Aug 27 with 1798 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp - New Contract? on 13:35 - Aug 27 by Nov77

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9442844/les-ferdinand-will-not-be-

"“There will be a new deal for Harry — that’s live on Sky! — we’ve been in discussions and it’s something I’ve always wanted, stability,” Fernandes told Sky Sports News HQ.

“Last weekend’s result (a 4-0 defeat to Tottenham) doesn’t impact the shareholders’ view at all — the key thing was to get promoted and there was always every intention to renew his contract and I’m sure in the next few days that will be announced."

Ludicrous decision, absolutely ludicrous.
Let him see out this season FFS and if all goes well, extend it. If not, no compo to pay. TF is even more of an idiot than I thought if this happens.

Bare bones.

Redknapp - New Contract? on 14:03 - Aug 27 with 1782 viewsJamie

In fairness, he also said it was absolutely vital to stay in the PL & that he'd wanted 'stability' with Hughes as well.

Contract length isn't going to mean anything to Uncle Tone if were in the relegation zone at Xmas.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 14:06]
Redknapp - New Contract? on 14:12 - Aug 27 with 1772 viewsLoftusRdW12

Redknapp - New Contract? on 13:35 - Aug 27 by Nov77

Maybe I'll pay more attention to what @skysportsamytwitter says in future. Well actually not.

Come on u r's!

Redknapp - New Contract? on 14:16 - Aug 27 with 1762 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp - New Contract? on 14:03 - Aug 27 by Jamie

In fairness, he also said it was absolutely vital to stay in the PL & that he'd wanted 'stability' with Hughes as well.

Contract length isn't going to mean anything to Uncle Tone if were in the relegation zone at Xmas.

well yes, but 5 months compo is a bit less than 17 months isn't it? Or 29 months if this is 2 years plus the year he has left.
Profoundly depressing. I thought I only had a year at most until this bloke would be out our club forever.

Bare bones.

Redknapp - New Contract? on 14:26 - Aug 27 with 1753 viewsjohnhoop

Redknapp - New Contract? on 14:03 - Aug 27 by Jamie

Am I missing something or wouldn't extending Redknapp's contract by another year mean we'd have to pay double the compensation if we were in the relegation zone at Christmas and Fernandes wanted to do something about it. I'm a long way from being in the "Harry out" camp after 2 games but to extend his contract at this stage seems more than a little bizzarre
Redknapp - New Contract? on 14:32 - Aug 27 with 1743 viewsLoftusRdW12

Redknapp - New Contract? on 14:26 - Aug 27 by johnhoop

Am I missing something or wouldn't extending Redknapp's contract by another year mean we'd have to pay double the compensation if we were in the relegation zone at Christmas and Fernandes wanted to do something about it. I'm a long way from being in the "Harry out" camp after 2 games but to extend his contract at this stage seems more than a little bizzarre

Perhaps Fernandes doesn't want to sack Redknapp and doesn't expect to have to.?

Redknapp - New Contract? on 14:43 - Aug 27 with 1714 viewsJamie

Redknapp - New Contract? on 14:16 - Aug 27 by Antti_Heinola

well yes, but 5 months compo is a bit less than 17 months isn't it? Or 29 months if this is 2 years plus the year he has left.
Profoundly depressing. I thought I only had a year at most until this bloke would be out our club forever.

If the contract actually gets offered & signed. Took 5 months for us to agre terms with Faurlin who was desperate to re-sign, let alone Arry who has one eye on retirement.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 14:53 - Aug 27 with 1701 viewsadhoc_qpr

It would be a real bone headed move to extend his contract now and wouldn't do anything to deliver 'stability'.

I'm sure Tony doesn't want to sack Harry, but the performance more than the result on Sunday should have raised a few eyebrows.

Hopefully it was a one off of poor team selection, unfamiliar formation, throwing new players in the deep end and playing a very motivated Spurs team.

But if we are equally abject this weekend and lose at home to a pretty decent looking Sunderland outfit - surely Redknapp's dire prem record plus the misgivings they already had last season will start to rear their head?
Redknapp - New Contract? on 15:57 - Aug 27 with 1652 viewssimmo

It COULD have a clause related to performance, a new 2 year deal for example but reduced compensation should we be relegated, something like that. Didn't Moyes have a similar clause that meant if they didn't qualify for Europe they could sack him with minimal payout? It wouldnt be completely ridiculously to take that route.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Redknapp - New Contract? on 16:00 - Aug 27 with 1645 viewsdanehoop

I think that is the nub of this. We have no idea of what the contract might say, particularly in terms of performance clauses or even offering a reduced level or pay.

Vey interesting move by Tone, if Harry wants to work he has an option, but on very different terms to his nice big brucey bonus contract that he is currently on making him one of best paid managers in the UK.

Never knowingly understood

Redknapp - New Contract? on 16:36 - Aug 27 with 1624 viewstoboboly

"I’ve always been consistent about wanting stability - I wanted it with Neil (Warnock),"

Funny way of showing it.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Redknapp - New Contract? on 16:49 - Aug 27 with 1597 viewsSpiritofGregory

Maybe Harry's been moaning about the insecurity of his current contract.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 16:59 - Aug 27 with 1567 viewsBerkoRanger

Whatever we may say or think, one definitely can't fault Tony's ability to motivate senior management. He runs a very successful and expanding airline.
Nuff said.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 17:01 - Aug 27 with 1558 viewsLowerloftLad

I think we need to keep stability at QRR for just once I'm sure Harry will keep us up

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Redknapp - New Contract? on 17:02 - Aug 27 with 1554 viewsMatch82

Maybe we should wait and hear the terms of the deal before panicking?

With 5 games to go until the end of the season, if Redknapp is still in charge, wouldn't you rather he had his head in the game rather than thinking about a contract extension? Would far rather the players were all thinking "we're in this together" than wondering if Redknapp was going to be here next year.

If it's a 3-year extension, then I'll join you with the pitchforks and torches. But if it's a one-year extension I'm perfectly happy with that.

And let's be honest, how many managers in the Prem in the last 5 years have left at the end of their contract and parted ways mutually? Any? He was either going to retire/take another job or Tony was going to sack him - I don't think a contract extension makes either of those any more or less likely to happen.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 18:10]
Redknapp - New Contract? on 17:41 - Aug 27 with 1571 viewsLoft1979

Redknapp - New Contract? on 17:01 - Aug 27 by LowerloftLad

I think we need to keep stability at QRR for just once I'm sure Harry will keep us up

endorsed!
Redknapp - New Contract? on 13:43 - Aug 29 with 1495 viewsNov77

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-08-29/harry-redknapp-poised-to-si

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024