Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football post. I ll try one 09:54 - Sep 3 with 2302 viewsperchrockjack

Has sky enhanced football in this country or has its money simply gone to players/agents and made the game top heavy.
To me, those in the Conference have a massive job getting back to the "big" time" and for any club to come through is truly incredible.
Fleetwood and Morecombe are ,maybe, real clubs with real fans unlike many.
They have monster clubs within an hours drive and they survive and have actually prgressed

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Football post. I ll try one on 03:56 - Sep 4 with 697 viewsSwan91

Football post. I ll try one on 03:34 - Sep 4 by SwansNZ

350,000 quid is a very good wage for a top professional football player — per YEAR.

I agree about the height of wages but can I say something.

A footballer can't really work In that field after the age of 35-40. This means they retire 25 years before someone with a normal job. Doesn't it make sense that they get paid extra (not the crazy amount the do atm though) so it makes up for the years they can't work?

Most of these footballers have been with a club since they were 7 or 8 and they might not get degrees or even qualifications because they spend their time being the best they can be at the sport. So when they have to retire as a player, most if not all do not have any other skills to work in a different job area so it would be harder.

So whilst I agree they are on ridiculous money and it should be capped I do think they should get more money because it would even out whilst they've retired.
Football post. I ll try one on 04:22 - Sep 4 with 686 viewsSwansNZ

Football post. I ll try one on 03:56 - Sep 4 by Swan91

I agree about the height of wages but can I say something.

A footballer can't really work In that field after the age of 35-40. This means they retire 25 years before someone with a normal job. Doesn't it make sense that they get paid extra (not the crazy amount the do atm though) so it makes up for the years they can't work?

Most of these footballers have been with a club since they were 7 or 8 and they might not get degrees or even qualifications because they spend their time being the best they can be at the sport. So when they have to retire as a player, most if not all do not have any other skills to work in a different job area so it would be harder.

So whilst I agree they are on ridiculous money and it should be capped I do think they should get more money because it would even out whilst they've retired.

Of course the very top players should be paid more than that, but £350,000 a year is probably something the very lowest paid PL player would get. Remember, someone on £35,000 a year, would need to work 10 years to get that.

If a salary cap was even as "low" as £1 million a year, with a 10-15 year career, they should never have to work after 35 years of age.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Football post. I ll try one on 09:44 - Sep 4 with 649 viewsperchrockjack

Great posts and this is what this site could be..

GET IT.

So ,where are the best supporters ,the hard miles ones, the wet Tuesday in Boston ones, lets have some apposite comments for this football based thread

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Football post. I ll try one on 10:17 - Sep 4 with 638 viewsStarsky

Football post. I ll try one on 09:44 - Sep 4 by perchrockjack

Great posts and this is what this site could be..

GET IT.

So ,where are the best supporters ,the hard miles ones, the wet Tuesday in Boston ones, lets have some apposite comments for this football based thread

I just read your post in my head using a pissed Deliah smith voice.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 10:59]

It's just the internet, init.

Football post. I ll try one on 10:53 - Sep 4 with 627 viewsdobjack2

In one year someone on £30,000 a week will earn more money than I have earned in over 30 years of working and will be putting away towards their pensions. Sky money should have rewarded players but not to the obscene level it has. it should also have helped build and develop stadiums and training/development facilities and enabled clubs to keep ticket prices down (the prices some of the richest clubs charge is truely taking the pi$$ out of fans) I remember reading an article about Gary Johnson and his FIFA pro licence course. He said that one thing the course didn't prepare you for was how to deal with 18 year old millionaires.
Football post. I ll try one on 11:03 - Sep 4 with 614 viewsStarsky

Football post. I ll try one on 10:53 - Sep 4 by dobjack2

In one year someone on £30,000 a week will earn more money than I have earned in over 30 years of working and will be putting away towards their pensions. Sky money should have rewarded players but not to the obscene level it has. it should also have helped build and develop stadiums and training/development facilities and enabled clubs to keep ticket prices down (the prices some of the richest clubs charge is truely taking the pi$$ out of fans) I remember reading an article about Gary Johnson and his FIFA pro licence course. He said that one thing the course didn't prepare you for was how to deal with 18 year old millionaires.

For the youngsters, a good portion of the money should be held in trust and be made available when they retire from playing.
Also, they shouldn't be able to use it as collateral to borrow against it, thus defeating the object of the idea.

It's just the internet, init.

Football post. I ll try one on 11:53 - Sep 4 with 595 viewsdobjack2

Football post. I ll try one on 11:03 - Sep 4 by Starsky

For the youngsters, a good portion of the money should be held in trust and be made available when they retire from playing.
Also, they shouldn't be able to use it as collateral to borrow against it, thus defeating the object of the idea.

Absolute common sense but I guess it would be interfering with their human rights in some way
Football post. I ll try one on 12:31 - Sep 4 with 591 viewsgiantstoneater

Two edged sword for me. The Swans have never had so much exposure or money but we have used it wisely to date and built the infrastructure of the club hopefully making us stronger however the bigger clubs have abused the system Man Utd spending £200 million in the last two seasons for example, and they have a new manager who thinks he needs up to eleven players to bring his squad up to scratch just two seasons after they won the title. I am more worried about the effect of Champions league on domestic football across Europe, it is an over bloated competition just to feed the big clubs and an all too easy tool for disloyal players to force their way out of clubs quoting the lack of Champions league football as an excuse. Seeing how clubs abuse domestic competition (us as well at times) grates and I wish they would go back to the old two legged system of yore.
Login to get fewer ads

Football post. I ll try one on 13:01 - Sep 4 with 575 viewsTom1912

We wouldn't be able to compete in this league without the Sky money.

Over the last few years there's been 6/7 clubs with less income than us. If there was no income from the television rights, we'd be miles behind most the league. As it is, it helps put us on a level footing with a lot of the league.
Football post. I ll try one on 17:09 - Sep 4 with 550 viewsquiff

Think people have covered it with the Sky money being both getting the game to where it has and ripping some of the soul out of it for many.

What is also worrying - clubs are relying on the tv money more than ever, the inflation in prices and contracts that has continued to develop this year is all down to the new increased TV deal, whilst machday income is all but irrelevant to the biggest clubs. Add to this the added competition offering silly sums to try and outdo each other and the fact that anyone can easily find a free stream online without paying a penny, longterm it's the perfect storm for disaster.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024