Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manchester 13:51 - Sep 3 with 2933 viewskomradkirk

What is the tactical plan for a drink before the game?
Last time i was in Lass o Gowrie and have no recollection of the trip to Old Trafford.
Manchester on 14:25 - Sep 3 with 2892 viewsadhoc_qpr

Not sure Redknapp does tactical plans does he?

Parachute all the new players into the starting line up, select formation at random, see what happens...

I'd assume we'll try and sit back to get a draw if last season was any indicator of how we'll approach tough away games.
Manchester on 14:31 - Sep 3 with 2872 viewsMaggsinho

Manchester on 14:25 - Sep 3 by adhoc_qpr

Not sure Redknapp does tactical plans does he?

Parachute all the new players into the starting line up, select formation at random, see what happens...

I'd assume we'll try and sit back to get a draw if last season was any indicator of how we'll approach tough away games.

You might want to re-read the original post...
Manchester on 14:33 - Sep 3 with 2870 viewsPlumsteadQPR

The Lass sadly, is no more - as a QPR pub anyway. There are five of us heading up on the Saturday so I'm sure that we'll have scouted somewhere out by the day of the match. Somewhere near Oxford Road is always useful as you can hop on the train that goes direct to the football ground squeezing every last second of drinking time!
Manchester on 18:21 - Sep 3 with 2720 viewsMancR

Plumstead is right. Green King(Omg what shit beer) royally screwed the QPR friendly landlord and he was forced out. We tend to drink out of town when watching games. There are some good real ale pubs close to Deansgate Station, the Knott Bar is ace, plus British Protection which is nearby.
Wouldn't drink anywhere close to OT on match days, or any day come to think of
Manchester on 19:50 - Sep 3 with 2653 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Manchester on 18:21 - Sep 3 by MancR

Plumstead is right. Green King(Omg what shit beer) royally screwed the QPR friendly landlord and he was forced out. We tend to drink out of town when watching games. There are some good real ale pubs close to Deansgate Station, the Knott Bar is ace, plus British Protection which is nearby.
Wouldn't drink anywhere close to OT on match days, or any day come to think of

I'd imagine we'll be hitting the Briton's Protection at some long on the Saturday - and the Peveril of the Peak!

By any chance do you have local knowledge regarding what time the shuttle trains from
Oxford Rd out to OT will be running on Sunday? Can't find it online...
Manchester on 20:24 - Sep 3 with 2615 viewsMichael_Hunt

Manchester on 19:50 - Sep 3 by PlumsteadQPR

I'd imagine we'll be hitting the Briton's Protection at some long on the Saturday - and the Peveril of the Peak!

By any chance do you have local knowledge regarding what time the shuttle trains from
Oxford Rd out to OT will be running on Sunday? Can't find it online...

Last time we were there, plenty of trains to OT (every 10-12 mins), but afterwards waited for nearly an hour in the pouring rain for a sign of transport back! Luckily the train from Picaddally was late. Worked out that it would've been quicker to walk.
Manchester on 20:59 - Sep 3 with 2586 viewsMancR

Much easier to get tram from Deansgate. Get off at Exchange Quay and you can see the ground
Manchester on 10:08 - Sep 4 with 2466 viewsAlvarado

Manchester on 20:59 - Sep 3 by MancR

Much easier to get tram from Deansgate. Get off at Exchange Quay and you can see the ground

You can also get off at Trafford Bar and walk from there. There is a (modern) Marston's pub over the road (The Tollgate, I'd rank as average if that) but I don't know what it's like on football days. If you are going to Exchange Quay you should avoid the trams to Altrincham (or change at Cornbrook). Unfortunately once you have got off at Exchange Quay there's not a decent pub round there to be seen. So get your beers in the city centre first. Britons Protection is a good shout, proper old school pub with no tellies.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024