Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling 06:27 - Sep 6 with 5283 viewsPhil_S

The latest 20 names on the Robbie James Wall of Fame will have their plaques unveiled two weeks today prior to the Southampton game - all are welcome to attend the ceremony in front of the wall which will be around 12.30/1.00 (Watch this space)

A large number of the people involved (or family representatives of them) will be in attendance

--
Danny Bartley 1973 - 1980 199 appearances 8 goals

Dave Bruton 1973 - 1978 194 appearances 19 goals

Roy Evans 1960 - 1968 214 appearances 7 goals

Jimmy Hadziabdic 1980 - 1983 89 appearances 1 goal

Mark Harris 1989 - 1995 228 appearances 14 goals

Brian Hughes 1956 - 1966, 1969 231 appearances 7 goals

Barrie Jones 1959 - 1964 166 appearances 23 goals

Michael Hughes 1983 - 1988 139 appearances

Johnny King 1951 - 1963 363 appearances

Andrew Melville 1985 - 1990 175 appearances 23 goals

Tony Millington 1969 - 1974 178 appearances

Colin Pascoe 1983 - 1988, 1992 270 appearances 54 goals

Dai Thomas 1948 - 1961 296 appearances 14 goals

Keith Todd 1959 - 1968 198 appearances 78 goals

Alan Waddle 1978 - 1980, 1985 - 1986, 127 appearances 43 goals

Colin Webster 1958 - 1963 157 appearances 66 goals

Ante Rajkovic 1978 - 1983,1984 80 appearances 2 goals

Lachlan McPherson 1924 - 1929 199 appearances 28 goals

Roberto Martinez 2003 - 2006 122 appearances 4 goals

Alan Tate 2002 -2003, 2004 - 293 appearances 5 goals
--
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 15:02 - Sep 6 with 1159 viewsPhil_S

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:55 - Sep 6 by ScoobyWho

I've no idea where that book is now mind, had it as a birthday present off my old man god bless him. Two authors ? Who are you the ' the split personalities ' ;-)

No doubt it will be in a safe place somewhere as one day it may be a collectors item

Had a particularly good picture of Lee Trundle on the front i seem to remember
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 15:25 - Sep 6 with 1150 viewsZut_Alors

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:54 - Sep 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It all seems very rushed and poorly organised as stated before. I think having so many questionable names in there has already taken away any aurora this Hall of Fame could have potentially had.

As far as I know, most major organisations etc usually include a small number of names each year, usually one 'big' name and 3 or 4 smaller names, usually being indicted annually during their biggest show / match of the year.

It all seems very amateur having 15 or so people standing outside the ticket office during the presentation. Surely it could be done before or during half time of the final home game of each season etc and have 20,000 fans applaud these gentleman / ladies?

To summarise.. it just seems very amateur and poorly organised.

Don't know about you, but there's something to be said about understated ceremonies. Not everything needs to be blared out from a loudspeaker — especially the Liberty's. I seem to remember Phil posting on here previously about the wall of fame, so it's not totally under the radar.

Perhaps you could have your own wall somewhere, Dwight.
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 17:10 - Sep 6 with 1103 viewsSwanseajill

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 15:25 - Sep 6 by Zut_Alors

Don't know about you, but there's something to be said about understated ceremonies. Not everything needs to be blared out from a loudspeaker — especially the Liberty's. I seem to remember Phil posting on here previously about the wall of fame, so it's not totally under the radar.

Perhaps you could have your own wall somewhere, Dwight.

Oh yeah, and like Shirley Valentine...he could talk to that.
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 17:18 - Sep 6 with 1089 viewsperchrockjack

Gawd bless you ma am

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 17:57 - Sep 6 with 1065 viewsScoobyWho

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 15:02 - Sep 6 by Phil_S

No doubt it will be in a safe place somewhere as one day it may be a collectors item

Had a particularly good picture of Lee Trundle on the front i seem to remember

Mine was called a 100 voices from memory.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:07 - Sep 6 with 1056 viewsLiberty

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 13:23 - Sep 6 by Kennedy

If there is going to only 40 names does seem a bit of a rush to get them up
These are a shoe in

Britton
Monk
Rangel
Williams
Rodgers

Then as some people are up there for not the long service but the impact they made on our team.

Maybe

Sinclair
Scotland
Laudrup?
Michu?

Jason Scotland, cost us 25k, scores 45 goals in 90 appearances.

He deserves a place.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:09 - Sep 6 with 1047 viewsJackfath

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:07 - Sep 6 by Liberty

He deserves a place.

Perhaps he'll be in the next cohort. All very exciting.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:37 - Sep 6 with 1036 viewsSweyns_Eye

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 14:54 - Sep 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It all seems very rushed and poorly organised as stated before. I think having so many questionable names in there has already taken away any aurora this Hall of Fame could have potentially had.

As far as I know, most major organisations etc usually include a small number of names each year, usually one 'big' name and 3 or 4 smaller names, usually being indicted annually during their biggest show / match of the year.

It all seems very amateur having 15 or so people standing outside the ticket office during the presentation. Surely it could be done before or during half time of the final home game of each season etc and have 20,000 fans applaud these gentleman / ladies?

To summarise.. it just seems very amateur and poorly organised.

You sometimes have a habit of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it, no more so than with your post here.

If you've been a regular reviewer of PS, and the Trust, over the last few years you would have been able to follow the announcement and posts regarding the development of the Wall of Fame. Had you been in attendance at the games that followed each batch of names being unveiled you would have witnessed the names being announced within the stadium too. The only reason you think it might be poorly organised is that you have decided it is, without the slightest understanding of what has gone on behind the scenes. Alternatively, it suits whatever reason you have to sling mud at anything positive that is going on at the club. If its not good enough for you Dwight, why not put yourself forward to do something better rather than slagging things off from behind the safety of your keyboard? I doubt you'll do that though, your not that kind of 'man'.

Personally I think its rather a nice touch that the fans have the opportunity to mix informally with the ex-players and their family representatives prior to the unveiling at the wall itself. You accuse the organisation of being amateur? An accusation that would only be made by someone being deliberately vindictive or spiteful.

Finally, who the hell are you to question the worthiness of the names being inducted? What have you ever done on the field for Swansea City? Even as a fan, there's more to do than simply being a second team fan and minor WUM on a message board which you seem to be.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Login to get fewer ads

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:42 - Sep 6 with 1027 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:37 - Sep 6 by Sweyns_Eye

You sometimes have a habit of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it, no more so than with your post here.

If you've been a regular reviewer of PS, and the Trust, over the last few years you would have been able to follow the announcement and posts regarding the development of the Wall of Fame. Had you been in attendance at the games that followed each batch of names being unveiled you would have witnessed the names being announced within the stadium too. The only reason you think it might be poorly organised is that you have decided it is, without the slightest understanding of what has gone on behind the scenes. Alternatively, it suits whatever reason you have to sling mud at anything positive that is going on at the club. If its not good enough for you Dwight, why not put yourself forward to do something better rather than slagging things off from behind the safety of your keyboard? I doubt you'll do that though, your not that kind of 'man'.

Personally I think its rather a nice touch that the fans have the opportunity to mix informally with the ex-players and their family representatives prior to the unveiling at the wall itself. You accuse the organisation of being amateur? An accusation that would only be made by someone being deliberately vindictive or spiteful.

Finally, who the hell are you to question the worthiness of the names being inducted? What have you ever done on the field for Swansea City? Even as a fan, there's more to do than simply being a second team fan and minor WUM on a message board which you seem to be.

"Finally, who the hell are you to question the worthiness of the names being inducted? What have you ever done on the field for Swansea City?"

Was that a criteria for being selected for this committee? I don't remember seeing a request for applications for being on the committee. I didn't realise Phil was an ex pro.

Oh well, maybe this is a way of getting your face in the next film when we win our first European trophy.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:45 - Sep 6 with 1022 viewsZut_Alors

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:37 - Sep 6 by Sweyns_Eye

Top posting.
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:49 - Sep 6 with 1017 viewsPhil_S

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:42 - Sep 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"Finally, who the hell are you to question the worthiness of the names being inducted? What have you ever done on the field for Swansea City?"

Was that a criteria for being selected for this committee? I don't remember seeing a request for applications for being on the committee. I didn't realise Phil was an ex pro.

Oh well, maybe this is a way of getting your face in the next film when we win our first European trophy.

Quite a poor comeback with your traditional dig that you can never elaborate on

This post has been edited by an administrator
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:55 - Sep 6 with 1004 viewsSweyns_Eye

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 18:42 - Sep 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

A pitiful attempt by you in response. You must try harder Dwight.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 19:19 - Sep 6 with 974 viewsMartyrman57

Eye,
Congrats on top post.
DYSS would only have former Manure players on that wall
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 19:19 - Sep 6 with 974 viewsKennedy

I full agree with it all.

But it should be as someone said 5-8 names a season. Who cares how long it takes.

And a player should be retired to be on it.

Then it will be great to bring that player back for all the fans to see.

A bit like the WWE Hall of Fame. (night before Wrestlemanina) Yes its 'entertainment' but they have it just right.

But hey ho, it's nearly done already. 2 years time it's full.

Just call me JFK

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 19:37 - Sep 6 with 961 viewsABERSWAN

Nice thing about having it outside the stadium is,it gives the fans a chance to meet the former swans and have photos taken with them,or an autograph or two. Met Cliff jones last time,and what a nice gentleman. Gave a lovely talk about the 58 world cup and how he thought Wales would have beaten Brazil if John Charles was fit.
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:14 - Sep 6 with 881 viewsNewhousemustscore

He deserves a place.

Funny you should want Jason Scotland in the hall of fame. I was just reading the swans fanzine 'Swansea Oh Swansea' & there's a section called 'Meet The Jack'. In it, some guy (who claims he's been watching the Swans for 41 years) called John Rees claims Jason Scotland "is his most despised Swans player. I never rated him". Can you imagine the dross he must have seen in 40 years (like Colin McDonald or Aiden Newhouse) yet he's chosen a guy who scored 45 goals in 90 games. So, as it was pointed out, we are never all gonna agree on a top 100.
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:17 - Sep 6 with 881 viewsNewhousemustscore

He deserves a place.

Funny you should want Jason Scotland in the hall of fame. I was just reading the swans fanzine 'Swansea Oh Swansea' & there's a section called 'Meet The Jack'. In it, some guy (who claims he's been watching the Swans for 41 years) called John Rees claims Jason Scotland "is his most despised Swans player. I never rated him". Can you imagine the dross he must have seen in 40 years (like Colin McDonald or Aiden Newhouse) yet he's chosen a guy who scored 45 goals in 90 games. So, as it was pointed out, we are never all gonna agree on a top 100.
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:21 - Sep 6 with 878 viewsNewhousemustscore

He deserves a place.

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:24 - Sep 6 with 869 viewsDarran

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:21 - Sep 6 by Newhousemustscore

John sounds like he could be special needs.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:26 - Sep 6 with 868 viewsPhil_S

Fath while you are on here what was the name of that thing you were talking about that would be a good addition to the wall of fame??
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:29 - Sep 6 with 866 viewsdickythorpe

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:24 - Sep 6 by Darran

John sounds like he could be special needs.

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:40 - Sep 6 with 852 viewsPhil_S

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:17 - Sep 6 by Newhousemustscore

Seriously? I know Jason Scotland wasn't everyone's cup of tea but seriously...
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:47 - Sep 6 with 842 viewsdickythorpe

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:40 - Sep 6 by Phil_S

Seriously? I know Jason Scotland wasn't everyone's cup of tea but seriously...

"Most despised" swansea player
Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:48 - Sep 6 with 842 viewsSweyns_Eye

John must have been the one I recall screaming during a match "For fvcks sake Scotland, all you can do is score"

Robbie James Wall of Fame Unveiling on 21:49 - Sep 6 with 839 viewsDarran

Is Matthew Bound on the Wall?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024