Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BSA Forum 21:24 - Sep 18 with 2792 viewsWizaard

As you've probably heard by now, Karl rang at ten to six to say he was still on the M6 toll road.

For me, it's not that he failed to attend but that he left it until ten minutes before, before trying to let anyone know.

Maybe he did have an unavoidable commitment, although I doubt it, but even so, it's common courtesy to let those let down have a bit of notice so they don't have to travel.

Maybe he needs to look up Dale Carnegie on the Internet for a few hints and tips.

For what it's worth, those inconvenienced unanimously agreed that the meeting needed to be rearranged asap, as Oyston needs to hear directly from the fans exactly what they think of the current situation on and off the field.

That will be construed as giving in, but in my opinion any chance to speak in a rational manner without abuse needs to be taken. He will take notice of a forensically constructed argument far more than someone yelling abuse at him.

Positive criticism can have an effect. I'm sure it was the crowd's backing of Riga that led to the Tuesday Gazette piece.
BSA Forum on 21:36 - Sep 18 with 2239 viewsbfcpete

KO is a complete shit and incompetent in the way he does everything and the way he treats people. This is more of the same.
BSA Forum on 21:39 - Sep 18 with 2229 views1953Original

BSA Forum on 21:36 - Sep 18 by bfcpete

KO is a complete shit and incompetent in the way he does everything and the way he treats people. This is more of the same.

BSA's statement:

BSA tonight, Thursday 18th September 2014, had arranged a members forum with the chairman of Blackpool FC, Karl Oyston. Unfortunately, less than an hour before this forum was due to start we were informed that Mr Oyston had been detained at a prior appointment away from Blackpool and was unable to attend.

BSA would first like to extend their thanks and apologies to the members, and Will Watt from the Blackpool Gazette, who had given up their time to attend.

The committee, and the BSA members who attended the club expecting the chairman would like to express their extremely high levels of disappointment at the disrespect shown by the chairman to those people.

The BSA committee have always felt that having an open line of communication with the club and the chairman by allowing members to bring their questions and opinions to those in charge is important to all parties and this view was shared by members in attendance tonight. Communication does not mean that the chairman cannot be criticised, and as a group we were able to have a productive discussion about the frustrations and issues shared by Blackpool fans. Lines of communication, however, cannot always be one way and it remains important that Blackpool FC improve their communication with all fans.

We have been assured that the meeting with the chairman will be re-arranged for a date in the near future, at the demand of those members present who expressed their belief that dialogue should continue. It is critical to us as an association, a committee and members that this happens, and the topics which need addressing are addressed in a timely and honest fashion.

Although all members in attendance are free to bring any of ther concerns or questions to the table, we feel it is right to publish the main discussion topics for tonight which were:
1. Jose Riga - the issues, the public spats, the future of the manager
2. Player recruitment - issues in the summer, lack of a recruitment and transfer policy
3. Finances - explanation of club finances, why so many loans to Oyston companies and when this money will be repaid back to the club
4. Training ground, stadium maintenance and the time this is taking
5. Poor treatment of fans, including via social media
6. Unanswered letter from BSA to Karl Oyston from April
7. Short, medium and long term plans
8. Club communication
9. AOB

BSA would like to take this opportunity to thank our members for their continued support of the association, the committee and the work that is being done. We have been reassured by the support we have received, particularly from those in attendance this evening who are extremely disappointed, but are passionate about their football club.

If there are any members not there tonight who wish to attend the re-arranged forum or if there are any questions you would like answered please send these to secretary@blackpoolsupporters.com.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

BSA Forum on 21:53 - Sep 18 with 2208 viewssteve_g

BSA Forum on 21:39 - Sep 18 by 1953Original

BSA's statement:

BSA tonight, Thursday 18th September 2014, had arranged a members forum with the chairman of Blackpool FC, Karl Oyston. Unfortunately, less than an hour before this forum was due to start we were informed that Mr Oyston had been detained at a prior appointment away from Blackpool and was unable to attend.

BSA would first like to extend their thanks and apologies to the members, and Will Watt from the Blackpool Gazette, who had given up their time to attend.

The committee, and the BSA members who attended the club expecting the chairman would like to express their extremely high levels of disappointment at the disrespect shown by the chairman to those people.

The BSA committee have always felt that having an open line of communication with the club and the chairman by allowing members to bring their questions and opinions to those in charge is important to all parties and this view was shared by members in attendance tonight. Communication does not mean that the chairman cannot be criticised, and as a group we were able to have a productive discussion about the frustrations and issues shared by Blackpool fans. Lines of communication, however, cannot always be one way and it remains important that Blackpool FC improve their communication with all fans.

We have been assured that the meeting with the chairman will be re-arranged for a date in the near future, at the demand of those members present who expressed their belief that dialogue should continue. It is critical to us as an association, a committee and members that this happens, and the topics which need addressing are addressed in a timely and honest fashion.

Although all members in attendance are free to bring any of ther concerns or questions to the table, we feel it is right to publish the main discussion topics for tonight which were:
1. Jose Riga - the issues, the public spats, the future of the manager
2. Player recruitment - issues in the summer, lack of a recruitment and transfer policy
3. Finances - explanation of club finances, why so many loans to Oyston companies and when this money will be repaid back to the club
8. Club communication
9. AOB

BSA would like to take this opportunity to thank our members for their continued support of the association, the committee and the work that is being done. We have been reassured by the support we have received, particularly from those in attendance this evening who are extremely disappointed, but are passionate about their football club.

If there are any members not there tonight who wish to attend the re-arranged forum or if there are any questions you would like answered please send these to secretary@blackpoolsupporters.com.

Disrespectful from Karl unless he had been doing club business (for the good of the club and not the good of his family!). Not that I can imagine he would have answered many of those points!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

BSA Forum on 21:58 - Sep 18 with 2203 viewsTwoPhillips

BSA Forum on 21:53 - Sep 18 by steve_g

Disrespectful from Karl unless he had been doing club business (for the good of the club and not the good of his family!). Not that I can imagine he would have answered many of those points!

With regards to point 3 - when will people understand that Blackpool FC IS an Oyston company and, as such, they are perfectly entitled to move money around their companies - they aren't doing anything wrong and the sooner fans realise that the sooner they can move on from that obsession.

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

BSA Forum on 22:01 - Sep 18 with 2198 viewsPoolman

BSA Forum on 21:58 - Sep 18 by TwoPhillips

With regards to point 3 - when will people understand that Blackpool FC IS an Oyston company and, as such, they are perfectly entitled to move money around their companies - they aren't doing anything wrong and the sooner fans realise that the sooner they can move on from that obsession.

Am sure that many will use this 'no show' to beat a stick at BSA but fair play to them for setting it up and I hope Karl has the good grace to issue a public apology and attend a meeting ASAP!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

BSA Forum on 22:08 - Sep 18 with 2190 viewswespens

BSA Forum on 22:01 - Sep 18 by Poolman

Am sure that many will use this 'no show' to beat a stick at BSA but fair play to them for setting it up and I hope Karl has the good grace to issue a public apology and attend a meeting ASAP!

Maybe he'd refused to pay the toll!!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

BSA Forum on 22:14 - Sep 18 with 2184 viewsbig_bloomers

BSA Forum on 22:08 - Sep 18 by wespens

Maybe he'd refused to pay the toll!!

Wonder how Blackpool FC fans would vote if they were offered Independence? So Vote Yes and the O's take all their money and leave the ground behind and we start again?!

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

BSA Forum on 22:46 - Sep 18 with 2165 viewsSouthStandSeasider

I think that's an excellent statement from BSA, you can certainly feel their frustration at what's happened tonight.

Wiz - presumably you were in attendance, credit to you for heading to Bloomfield Road on a Thursday night and for providing your opinion. Far better than reading some of the utter nonsense that's reared up on the other site.
Login to get fewer ads

BSA Forum on 23:18 - Sep 18 with 2148 viewsCurryman

BSA Forum on 22:46 - Sep 18 by SouthStandSeasider

I think that's an excellent statement from BSA, you can certainly feel their frustration at what's happened tonight.

Wiz - presumably you were in attendance, credit to you for heading to Bloomfield Road on a Thursday night and for providing your opinion. Far better than reading some of the utter nonsense that's reared up on the other site.

Any form of attempted communication with or from the Oystons should be encouraged and BSA should try and keep their lines open. If they stick to that agenda and show KO they are not afraid to ask questions it may reveal a little bit of what is going on, one never knows.

In saying that, KO has once again shown a measure of contempt and discourtesy to both BSA and the Gazette.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

BSA Forum on 10:21 - Sep 19 with 2087 viewsOldSkool

A good BSA statement but weakened by saying `under 1 hours notice', instead of "under 10 mins notice" as Wizard reports.
Bizarre how this important and deplorable fact has been diluted.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 11:48]
BSA Forum on 14:40 - Sep 19 with 2022 viewsbfc1974

everybody has their own opinion - to me Karl had every opportunity to back the manager in the transfer window but chose to wait till he had exhausted every opportunity and then the window had closed. Either way whoever he had in charge had no way of expanding the team with permanent additions asides from loans.

No positive or negative criticism would influence Karl and its amazing that people still actually believe otherwise.

For most apathy has now set in.

Illegitimi non Carborundum
Poll: Season tickets: Which did you buy? [if at all]

BSA Forum on 19:08 - Sep 19 with 1979 viewsBigbrother

BSA Forum on 14:40 - Sep 19 by bfc1974

everybody has their own opinion - to me Karl had every opportunity to back the manager in the transfer window but chose to wait till he had exhausted every opportunity and then the window had closed. Either way whoever he had in charge had no way of expanding the team with permanent additions asides from loans.

No positive or negative criticism would influence Karl and its amazing that people still actually believe otherwise.

For most apathy has now set in.

Apathy is the right word BFC1974 - tomorrow I have even agreed to work which I haven't done on a Saturday for about 8 years during the season because am not sure I give a rat's ass. I'll support the team at home because I have a season ticket but my days of travelling to Brighton and spending good money on a day/weekend away are long gone (good avatar by the way!).

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

BSA Forum on 22:24 - Sep 19 with 1922 viewshertfordseasider

"Positive criticism can have an effect. I'm sure it was the crowd's backing of Riga that led to the Tuesday Gazette piece."

Could be Wiz, but it could also be because he failed to get a replacement, do you think he would be saying that if Rowett or Coyle (if spoken to) had said yes? He may have had to say those things just so he could buy some time. It is entirely possible now that no one in football would take the managers job after what has been happening, not even as a caretaker. Only a conspiracy theory but what if that were about right??

Whatever the truth the club lurches from one bad news day to the next, it is appalling.
BSA Forum on 23:13 - Sep 19 with 1894 viewstangerinedom

BSA Forum on 22:24 - Sep 19 by hertfordseasider

"Positive criticism can have an effect. I'm sure it was the crowd's backing of Riga that led to the Tuesday Gazette piece."

Could be Wiz, but it could also be because he failed to get a replacement, do you think he would be saying that if Rowett or Coyle (if spoken to) had said yes? He may have had to say those things just so he could buy some time. It is entirely possible now that no one in football would take the managers job after what has been happening, not even as a caretaker. Only a conspiracy theory but what if that were about right??

Whatever the truth the club lurches from one bad news day to the next, it is appalling.

Love the expression 'one bad news day to the next' - every day you think it can only get better and every day a new and shocking surprise hits us!

One can but hope that Ko's appearance on Football Focus offers us poor fan some crumb of comfort!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 23:13]
BSA Forum on 00:32 - Sep 20 with 1870 viewswee_Bob

BSA Forum on 23:13 - Sep 19 by tangerinedom

Love the expression 'one bad news day to the next' - every day you think it can only get better and every day a new and shocking surprise hits us!

One can but hope that Ko's appearance on Football Focus offers us poor fan some crumb of comfort!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 23:13]

Anyone see any irony in Number 5!!

1. Jose Riga - the issues, the public spats, the future of the manager 2. Player recruitment - issues in the summer, lack of a recruitment and transfer policy
8. Club communication
9. AOB
BSA Forum on 08:27 - Sep 20 with 1832 viewsWizaard

BSA Forum on 00:32 - Sep 20 by wee_Bob

Anyone see any irony in Number 5!!

1. Jose Riga - the issues, the public spats, the future of the manager 2. Player recruitment - issues in the summer, lack of a recruitment and transfer policy
8. Club communication
9. AOB

Where's the irony? It was raised as an issue because it's impacting on fans on a real level. 20s raised it and Glenn was taking it up on their behalf.
BSA Forum on 08:54 - Sep 20 with 1822 viewshertfordseasider

BSA Forum on 08:27 - Sep 20 by Wizaard

Where's the irony? It was raised as an issue because it's impacting on fans on a real level. 20s raised it and Glenn was taking it up on their behalf.

I believe wee bob is 5hit stirring Wiz, saying KO is the one who gets the flak on social media. You couldn't make it up!
BSA Forum on 11:26 - Sep 20 with 1802 viewsWizaard

BSA Forum on 08:54 - Sep 20 by hertfordseasider

I believe wee bob is 5hit stirring Wiz, saying KO is the one who gets the flak on social media. You couldn't make it up!

There's a bit of both but going the legal route is way too far. Ignore it on both sides would be my advice.
BSA Forum on 12:32 - Sep 20 with 1796 viewshertfordseasider

BSA Forum on 11:26 - Sep 20 by Wizaard

There's a bit of both but going the legal route is way too far. Ignore it on both sides would be my advice.

I agree, some people go far too far and I think KO has gone too far as well. It is a message board at the end of the day and there have been a lot worse things said on the Gazette site and on BHS but the supporters haven't been targeted there. It does seem to be a KO V Fansonline thing.

He deserves some criticism, but it needs to be put properly it is when it goes too far that it is not acceptable. Some warning letters would have been more than enough.

I am more bothered about how it is going to get fixed, because at the moment it is like it is irretrievable.
BSA Forum on 14:16 - Sep 20 with 1769 viewsbrassedoff

BSA Forum on 12:32 - Sep 20 by hertfordseasider

I agree, some people go far too far and I think KO has gone too far as well. It is a message board at the end of the day and there have been a lot worse things said on the Gazette site and on BHS but the supporters haven't been targeted there. It does seem to be a KO V Fansonline thing.

He deserves some criticism, but it needs to be put properly it is when it goes too far that it is not acceptable. Some warning letters would have been more than enough.

I am more bothered about how it is going to get fixed, because at the moment it is like it is irretrievable.

The words that KO had taken exception to include asset stripping and corrupt - I wonder how far you could say those expressions are down to interpretation rather than the Oxford English Dictionary definition?

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

BSA Forum on 14:32 - Sep 20 with 1761 viewshertfordseasider

BSA Forum on 14:16 - Sep 20 by brassedoff

The words that KO had taken exception to include asset stripping and corrupt - I wonder how far you could say those expressions are down to interpretation rather than the Oxford English Dictionary definition?

Well they are words that shouldn't be used imo. There are plenty of ways to show your feelings about it without resorting to words like that.

Some people go too far, maybe drink induced, maybe not too savvy, but it is on a MB predominantly of Blackpool supporters, most of whom sing largely off the same hymn sheet, just in different tones, it isn't something red by the masses, probably a few hundred at most which is why a warning letter would have been the way forward. It is hardly going to damage their reputation much off there surely?

All a mess again, which everything seems to be these days.
BSA Forum on 14:44 - Sep 20 with 1756 viewsSTHolder

BSA Forum on 14:32 - Sep 20 by hertfordseasider

Well they are words that shouldn't be used imo. There are plenty of ways to show your feelings about it without resorting to words like that.

Some people go too far, maybe drink induced, maybe not too savvy, but it is on a MB predominantly of Blackpool supporters, most of whom sing largely off the same hymn sheet, just in different tones, it isn't something red by the masses, probably a few hundred at most which is why a warning letter would have been the way forward. It is hardly going to damage their reputation much off there surely?

All a mess again, which everything seems to be these days.

Agree 100% Hertford - some of our fans just play in to KO's hands with their statements riddled with defamation and libel and yet shout the loudest when they get their posts removed. Beggars belief that they feel they can type anything about anyone and not get questioned about it.
BSA Forum on 15:18 - Sep 20 with 1747 viewsOrioltwins

BSA Forum on 14:44 - Sep 20 by STHolder

Agree 100% Hertford - some of our fans just play in to KO's hands with their statements riddled with defamation and libel and yet shout the loudest when they get their posts removed. Beggars belief that they feel they can type anything about anyone and not get questioned about it.

Would be great to get someone with a legal mind to write a thoroughly scathing article in KO but staying within the realms of not being sued! Any legal beagles out there?!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

BSA Forum on 17:41 - Sep 20 with 1726 viewsBigbrother

BSA Forum on 15:18 - Sep 20 by Orioltwins

Would be great to get someone with a legal mind to write a thoroughly scathing article in KO but staying within the realms of not being sued! Any legal beagles out there?!

Think BFC1974 hit the nail on the head with this comment " to me Karl had every opportunity to back the manager in the transfer window but chose to wait till he had exhausted every opportunity and then the window had closed. Either way whoever he had in charge had no way of expanding the team with permanent additions asides from loans."

No wonder Karl disappeared on transfer deadline day and probably celebrated with a new tractor when the window closed!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

BSA Forum on 20:10 - Sep 20 with 1705 viewsbrassedoff

BSA Forum on 17:41 - Sep 20 by Bigbrother

Think BFC1974 hit the nail on the head with this comment " to me Karl had every opportunity to back the manager in the transfer window but chose to wait till he had exhausted every opportunity and then the window had closed. Either way whoever he had in charge had no way of expanding the team with permanent additions asides from loans."

No wonder Karl disappeared on transfer deadline day and probably celebrated with a new tractor when the window closed!

Karl can now argue he's answered all the questions on Football Focus (even though he didn't) and therefore doesn't need to answer the peasants!

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024