Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strange reaction as Bony walks off 17:46 - Sep 20 with 11939 viewsshingle

Bony get`s himself sent off, which probably costs us the game, as he walks off fans give him a standing ovation,what is the matter with these people.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 17:47]
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 21:49 - Sep 20 with 1490 viewsOldjack

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 20:53 - Sep 20 by everytimeref

Nowhere did I say it justified a bad tackle. I was at the game so haven't seen the replays. Whatever they show, you have missed the point of my post. The OP was criticising the reaction in the ground . We weren't sitting in a detached,calm atmosphere with the benefit of endless replays from various angles. We were in the atmosphere that had been generated by Koeman gesticulating for a card every time his team lost a tackle , his players rolling around in pretend agony every time anyone went near them , other players then surrounding the referee baying for cards and a referee who didn't apply the same standards consistently to the opposition.

It's easy to criticise the crowd's reaction if you are only watching what the TV shows you, to understand the reaction you need to understand the context it came in. As I said the first time it was more support for the team in that context rather than support for Bony.

right on the button

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 22:09 - Sep 20 with 1452 viewsShaky

Nowhere did I say it justified a bad tackle. I was at the game so haven't seen the replays. Whatever they show, you have missed the point of my post. The OP was criticising the reaction in the ground . We weren't sitting in a detached,calm atmosphere with the benefit of endless replays from various angles. We were in the atmosphere that had been generated by Koeman gesticulating for a card every time his team lost a tackle , his players rolling around in pretend agony every time anyone went near them , other players then surrounding the referee baying for cards and a referee who didn't apply the same standards consistently to the opposition.

It's easy to criticise the crowd's reaction if you are only watching what the TV shows you, to understand the reaction you need to understand the context it came in. As I said the first time it was more support for the team in that context rather than support for Bony.

Well I'm going to wait and have another look at Fonte's yellow before I respond to that.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 22:14 - Sep 20 with 1440 viewseverytimeref

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 22:09 - Sep 20 by Shaky

Well I'm going to wait and have another look at Fonte's yellow before I respond to that.

Please don't bother wasting your time and my time. If you have to look at it again you've missed the point again. It doesn't matter what the replays show, that was the perception and the crowds reaction stemmed from that perception.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 22:15]
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 22:21 - Sep 20 with 1415 viewsDarran

Just for the record tell him how many times you've been to the Vetch and Liberty combined.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 23:21 - Sep 20 with 1348 viewsRancid

Does anyone else not think the first challenge was a yellow?
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 23:25 - Sep 20 with 1337 viewsDarran

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 23:21 - Sep 20 by Rancid

No.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 23:26 - Sep 20 with 1335 viewsJackFish

Fonte should have gone as well, absolutely no question, both shocking challenges.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 23:28 - Sep 20 with 1334 viewsRancid

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 23:25 - Sep 20 by Darran

No.

I had the benefit of a few replays and think it could have been a red.
Login to get fewer ads

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 07:47 - Sep 21 with 1240 viewsjack247

He got applauded off because of who he is, what he did last season and the fact that he didn't leave in the summer. Would Shelvey have had the same response? Probably not, because he has a reputation for being hot headed and divides opinion amongst our fans.

Even if the first yellow card was harsh (and in my opinion it wasn't), he still had it and to then make a scissor tackle was just crass stupidity.

I doubt this result will define our season and I'm sure he will learn from it, so probably no major harm done, but have to agree the standing ovation from some of our fans was wierd.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 08:21 - Sep 21 with 1230 viewsjacksinceever

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 17:54 - Sep 20 by shingle

But why did so many of our fans give him a standing ovation as he walked off.???

I think partly because in the heat of the moment some judged he had been harshly dealt with. The guy who scythed him down moments before was lucky to stay on the field.
After watching it on the screens at half time and on MOTD this morning, his first challenge was without any intention of going for the ball and deserved a yellow. The second challenge was a stupid unnecessary challenge worthy of a yellow card.
Had I seen it as clearly as I saw it afterwards I wouldn't have applauded him.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 08:45 - Sep 21 with 1211 viewsNeath_Jack

After just watching it again, both Bony incidents were 100% yellow cards. If that was on one of our players, there's be shouts on here for them being reds. Anyone saying different needs to take their rose tinted specs off.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 08:45 - Sep 21 with 1213 viewsMattG

I didn't applaud him off but I never thought of booing him either.

IMO, Moss had no option but to send him off. In the ground, I thought the first yellow looked a bit harsh but, having seen it on TV, it definitely wasn't. Had he actually jumped and properly challenged for the ball, he may have got away with just a free kick but, having got the yellow, to do what he did second time around was just plain stupid.

However, I'm confident he will learn from this and, as others have said, he now owes us. Hopefully he'll start paying us back against Sunderland.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 08:55 - Sep 21 with 1199 views1jack

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:42 - Sep 20 by bermudajack

I had no complaints from the ref today,
I hate Moss usually, but today he was forced into making the decisions he made, I never saw one straight red today, just a lot of petulant yellows and one very stupid Wilfried Bony who can have no complaints about his two yellows.

When Dyer and Fernandez hacked the two Southampton players, one after the other in front of the East, I thought the referee did an excellent job in "having a stern word" with them both and then rightly booking the Saints CB for gesturing for a card 👍 fantastic refereeing in my book.

The stick he took from our fans on almost every decision he gave against us was cringeworthy 😡

You are talking way too much sense.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 09:15 - Sep 21 with 1171 viewsShaky

Well having now seen it again in my view it is highly questionable whether Fonte's booking was even a free kick, and I can easily understand how the Southampton camp may have felt aggrieved over that.

As for the Bony infringements, I am pleased to see that common sense is now starting to prevail.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 09:19 - Sep 21 with 1158 viewsQuakerJack

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/125638/having-just-seen-

should have posted this on here...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 09:24 - Sep 21 with 1144 viewswaynekerr55

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 23:21 - Sep 20 by Rancid

Well if the tackle right on half time when their player wiped out Federico when he cleared the ball wasn't, then no. No complaints about the 2nd yellow for me anyway

Referee's - consistently inconsistent

Ona serious note as soon as they all started surrounding the referee why didn't any of our players do it? Seriously at times we are too f*cking nice/naive

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 09:28 - Sep 21 with 1137 viewsmonmouth

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 08:45 - Sep 21 by Neath_Jack

After just watching it again, both Bony incidents were 100% yellow cards. If that was on one of our players, there's be shouts on here for them being reds. Anyone saying different needs to take their rose tinted specs off.

Agreed, but it wasn't that clear cut in the ground and that is maybe what answers the question posed in this thread. From my view in the south stand it seemed he jumped at the ball.

Also nothing wrong with trying to intimidate the ref by supporting the player as he walks off. In retrospect, moss had no choice, and had a decent game. I didn't think that at the time though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 09:31 - Sep 21 with 1130 viewsQuakerJack

Sad to say, but if Routledge hits the deck and clutches his ankle, Fonte's off.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 09:56 - Sep 21 with 1101 viewseverytimeref

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 09:15 - Sep 21 by Shaky

Well having now seen it again in my view it is highly questionable whether Fonte's booking was even a free kick, and I can easily understand how the Southampton camp may have felt aggrieved over that.

As for the Bony infringements, I am pleased to see that common sense is now starting to prevail.

Again you have spectacularly missed the point of this thread. This thread is not about whether Bony should have been sent off. The OP criticised the reaction of the crowd with no understanding of the context it came from. Whatever, you are clearly never going to get it so I'm not going to bother trying to explain it to you again.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 10:05 - Sep 21 with 1087 viewsNeath_Jack

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 09:56 - Sep 21 by everytimeref

Again you have spectacularly missed the point of this thread. This thread is not about whether Bony should have been sent off. The OP criticised the reaction of the crowd with no understanding of the context it came from. Whatever, you are clearly never going to get it so I'm not going to bother trying to explain it to you again.

A little tip for you, very rarely does a post subject get followed through a thread, this one has only gone slightly awry and we've got to 4 pages.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 15:20 - Sep 21 with 979 viewsSpratty

As seen on here not all the crowd reacted in the same way, and some that did applaud only did it because others started it.

To me in the ground both incidents seemed bad. I was really disappointed for Bony, especially disappointed he was worked up enough to go in on the second incident when on a yellow.

I felt really sorry for him as he walked off (especially given he is normally a strong but very decent fair and level headed player) however in my opinion it would be totally wrong to applaud such action and give a message that such rash action is admired. I can understand why some did even though IMO it gave the wrong impression to the team. I think the problem was a few claps of support turned into a standing ovation.

Obviously with the evidence of replays I might equally have found on minute inspection that I was totally wrong and Bony was not to blame. But there was no doubt to me that the second incident was at least rash given he was on a yellow card.

I was quite concerned with Bony's out of character aggressive attitude yesterday. There is much talk of spirit and energy which is good if maintained throughout the match and at a controlled level. At Manu for e.g. it was amazing. However if not properly controlled it can boil over into aggression from frustration and cause such problems as we saw yesterday. There is a fine line. Bony needs to take a deep breath and have a good talk with someone really grounded. He needs to be able to manage the weight of expectation and that needs to be managed within the club. Obviously he has high ambitions beyond our club and wants to really prove himself. He also has the weight of it being expected of him more this season and that of another excellent class striker waiting in the wings of a team that will currently only play one striker.

He does need to know we are behind him, but he understands how quickly people can turn if you hit an apparent lean patch. He needs to also concentrate on his general contribution to the game like his strength in defence and his lovely skilled touches such as that excellent through ball to Shelvey for the goal against Chelsea which lifted that match from a drubbing scoreline to a respectable one. The way he draws defenders and makes space for our other players to score, holds up the ball etc etc. But at the end of the day as an aspiring top class striker, consistency of scoring will always be on his mind.

Whatever the oppositions / refs behaviour at the end of the day whatever happens, happens and we need to keep a cool head and have the mental resilience to manage it, as most of the other players largely managed to do when we parked the bus.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 17:27 - Sep 21 with 946 viewsC_jack

Man City fans applaud Zabaleta off the pitch.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 17:28 - Sep 21 with 942 viewsmonmouth

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 17:27 - Sep 21 by C_jack

Man City fans applaud Zabaleta off the pitch.

Bastards

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 17:38 - Sep 21 with 926 viewsperchrockjack

Just started a thread on that.

Seems we re not alone then...

Diego Costa is very very clever. You d want to ta@t him hard

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:01 - Sep 21 with 910 viewscanhecatchit

Well its what we have always done with our players/ Remember Ant Rajkovic being sent off down the Vetch in the second leg of the Welsh Cup Final against the Scum. What a hero, he could have cost us the match but he didn't , turns out him taking down that Scum player when he was clean through won us the match and a place in Europe, Standing ovation for Ante.

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024