Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Protest 15:52 - Sep 24 with 1562 viewsAllezBlackpool

On the other site it is muted that everyone should walk out after 53 minutes and go and watch the rest of the game in the pub? What happens if I leave and cannot get into the pub or No. 1 and hence miss the rest of the game? This has not been thought out properly

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Cardiff Protest on 18:30 - Sep 24 with 1531 viewsscu70

This will not happen and should not happen either.protests are not welcome.supporting the team is all that matters at the minute.

I'd much prefer the small minority who decide to aim vulgar chants towards the owners to stay away.it's not clever and I presume it's to look good in front of their friends.the Oyston's are here to stay and silly little protests aren't going to change that.

The team needs the full backing of the fans and I'm sure on Saturday that will be the case.we are getting better with each game the team will be full of confidence after a great result against Brighton.time to chuck the protests in the bin and concentrate on supporting the team which as I said I'm sure will be the case on Saturday.

Get behind the club support the team.
UTMP
[Post edited 24 Sep 2014 18:33]
Cardiff Protest on 18:36 - Sep 24 with 1523 viewsTomFolding

Apparently our ingenious chairman is selling discounted tickets for the aforementioned game, which become void after 53 minutes but fully inclusive of admittance to the seasiders bar.
Cardiff Protest on 21:52 - Sep 24 with 1478 viewselectric_eel

Make it the 85th minute and you'd get hordes inadvertently joining in
[Post edited 24 Sep 2014 22:00]
Cardiff Protest on 22:49 - Sep 24 with 1461 viewsOsbourne

Cardiff Protest on 21:52 - Sep 24 by electric_eel

Make it the 85th minute and you'd get hordes inadvertently joining in
[Post edited 24 Sep 2014 22:00]

Live on Sky.
Sounds like this is going to be another Burnley!
I hope that little fat steward who did the rugby tackle is not on duty!
I think he did himself a mischief against Burnley!

That lad who he took out should be up front for us - he moved well!
The steward on the other hand needs to stick to his day job!
Cardiff Protest on 06:58 - Sep 25 with 1426 viewspooljimbo

I don't know what to think about this.

I know there's no chance that myself or the others I go to the match with will leave unless we're 3 or 4 down. Which is unlikely.

Is it really an effective protest idea? Didn't Newcastle try it last season? I seem to remember nowhere near as many people walked out as they had hoped.

It will need at least half of the ground to walk out to look effective and that just isn't going to happen. Can you imagine if we're winning and we look like going on to score a few more? We haven't been in a scenario like that at Bloomers for ages so why would anyone want to walk out and miss it?

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Cardiff Protest on 12:33 - Sep 25 with 1401 viewsLytham_FY8

Cardiff Protest on 06:58 - Sep 25 by pooljimbo

I know there's no chance that myself or the others I go to the match with will leave unless we're 3 or 4 down. Which is unlikely.

Is it really an effective protest idea? Didn't Newcastle try it last season? I seem to remember nowhere near as many people walked out as they had hoped.

It will need at least half of the ground to walk out to look effective and that just isn't going to happen. Can you imagine if we're winning and we look like going on to score a few more? We haven't been in a scenario like that at Bloomers for ages so why would anyone want to walk out and miss it?

'I'd much prefer the small minority who decide to aim vulgar chants towards the owners to stay away'

Well you can't have everything Scud, I only go for that purpose these days. Seeing as I was lied to by the chairman before I renewed I think it's my choice.

I've also found that those who profess to go along to only support the team barely make a whimper anyway, as seen in this season's atmosphere. I might be able to get my hands on a clapstick for you though?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 12:42]

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Cardiff Protest on 15:40 - Sep 25 with 1338 viewsscu70

Cardiff Protest on 12:33 - Sep 25 by Lytham_FY8

'I'd much prefer the small minority who decide to aim vulgar chants towards the owners to stay away'

Well you can't have everything Scud, I only go for that purpose these days. Seeing as I was lied to by the chairman before I renewed I think it's my choice.

I've also found that those who profess to go along to only support the team barely make a whimper anyway, as seen in this season's atmosphere. I might be able to get my hands on a clapstick for you though?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 12:42]

How was you lied to Lytham?
Cardiff Protest on 15:53 - Sep 25 with 1338 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Cardiff Protest on 06:58 - Sep 25 by pooljimbo

I've never been a fan of protesting during games, as at best it's a distraction for the players ; and at worst you risk cutting off your nose to spite your face, as jimbo says.

I'm in Wiz's camp on this - football first for me. If other people want to protest, that's a matter for them. Having travelled for the best part of four hours to be there and spent a few quid in the process it isn't all that attractive an option for me. And the more people lecture me about how important it is that I do things their way, the more obstinate I become. I'm not claiming this is an admirable trait, by the way, but I'm getting bored with the myriad, half-baked ideas that are put to us all as the way we should all go. It's a complex area, about which people have a wide variety of views.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 16:31]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Protest on 19:40 - Sep 25 with 1265 viewshertfordseasider

Cardiff Protest on 15:53 - Sep 25 by basilrobbiereborn

I've never been a fan of protesting during games, as at best it's a distraction for the players ; and at worst you risk cutting off your nose to spite your face, as jimbo says.

I'm in Wiz's camp on this - football first for me. If other people want to protest, that's a matter for them. Having travelled for the best part of four hours to be there and spent a few quid in the process it isn't all that attractive an option for me. And the more people lecture me about how important it is that I do things their way, the more obstinate I become. I'm not claiming this is an admirable trait, by the way, but I'm getting bored with the myriad, half-baked ideas that are put to us all as the way we should all go. It's a complex area, about which people have a wide variety of views.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 16:31]

If they do it, it will be a waste because only about a 150 will do it in total so it just won't get noticed. If you got half the crowd at least doing it, then the cameras would pick up on it, but it will be a feeble number and a complete waste of time.

If you don't want to go, just don't go, ticket or not. If you do then get behind the team. I am afraid it may be a noble idea but it is an idea that will fail miserably, in my opinion.
Cardiff Protest on 20:08 - Sep 25 with 1253 viewsribble

Cardiff Protest on 19:40 - Sep 25 by hertfordseasider

If they do it, it will be a waste because only about a 150 will do it in total so it just won't get noticed. If you got half the crowd at least doing it, then the cameras would pick up on it, but it will be a feeble number and a complete waste of time.

If you don't want to go, just don't go, ticket or not. If you do then get behind the team. I am afraid it may be a noble idea but it is an idea that will fail miserably, in my opinion.

I hope the organisers wake up to what an abject plan this is.

If we're winning practically no-one will walk. If we're losing it'll make us look as though we're walking out on the team. And, as I expect, most stay for one or both of the above reasons, it's a propaganda coup for KO. And isn't this the sort of thing we were deriding t'Rovers fans for just a couple of seasons ago?

As Herts says, if you want to protest, don't go. if you do go, back the team to the hilt for 90 minutes.

Christ knows, the players need it.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 20:09]
Cardiff Protest on 22:14 - Sep 25 with 1220 viewsWizaard

Cardiff Protest on 19:40 - Sep 25 by hertfordseasider

90 minutes is for supporting the team, in my opinion.

Plenty of time around it if you feel the need to protest.
Cardiff Protest on 22:50 - Sep 25 with 1200 viewsPlumbs

Cardiff Protest on 22:14 - Sep 25 by Wizaard

90 minutes is for supporting the team, in my opinion.

Plenty of time around it if you feel the need to protest.

What about so called fans who refused to go to Milton Keynes Dons,when the Seasiders had three points/cup progress to play for?
Surely supporting the team was the critical thing here irrespective of who the opposition was,and where absence gave MKD the advantage on the day.

It's funny how some people pour scorn on the integrity of the Cardiff protest, yet support exactly the same principle when it's one of their mates.

#fallingontheirownsword

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Cardiff Protest on 11:46 - Sep 26 with 1127 viewsOrioltwins

Cardiff Protest on 22:50 - Sep 25 by Plumbs

What about so called fans who refused to go to Milton Keynes Dons,when the Seasiders had three points/cup progress to play for?
Surely supporting the team was the critical thing here irrespective of who the opposition was,and where absence gave MKD the advantage on the day.

It's funny how some people pour scorn on the integrity of the Cardiff protest, yet support exactly the same principle when it's one of their mates.

#fallingontheirownsword

Why this site whilst fewer in numbers is better than the other site - whenever I read it now it's a one agenda forum!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Cardiff Protest on 11:56 - Sep 26 with 1119 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Cardiff Protest on 11:46 - Sep 26 by Orioltwins

Why this site whilst fewer in numbers is better than the other site - whenever I read it now it's a one agenda forum!

Oriol

I couldn't agree more. But he has some issues and to be honest whilst he's compiling and cross-referencing his Basilrobbie Scrapbook it is giving everyone else a break.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Cardiff Protest on 12:30 - Sep 26 with 1103 viewsWizaard

Cardiff Protest on 11:46 - Sep 26 by Orioltwins

Where's the scorn exactly? I made it clear that I have no objection to anyone protesting.

#twisting everything
Cardiff Protest on 13:14 - Sep 26 with 1087 viewsscu70

Cardiff Protest on 12:30 - Sep 26 by Wizaard

Where's the scorn exactly? I made it clear that I have no objection to anyone protesting.

#twisting everything

It seems some fans main aim while attending games recently is to protest.they seem to be forgetting the most important thing which is supporting the 11 players on the pitch in Tangerine.which is quite sad really.why so called Blackpool fans would want to go to a game and not support the team but instead aim chants at the owners is a strange one.nothings going to change so in reality it's just wasted energy.get behind the team or don't show up because your presence will be pointless.the team need our support.
Cardiff Protest on 13:27 - Sep 26 with 1079 viewsseaside_summers

Cardiff Protest on 13:14 - Sep 26 by scu70

It seems some fans main aim while attending games recently is to protest.they seem to be forgetting the most important thing which is supporting the 11 players on the pitch in Tangerine.which is quite sad really.why so called Blackpool fans would want to go to a game and not support the team but instead aim chants at the owners is a strange one.nothings going to change so in reality it's just wasted energy.get behind the team or don't show up because your presence will be pointless.the team need our support.

scu70, I agree with you to a point. It might be wasted energy protesting but it is for each individual fan to decide what they do and how they do it.
Cardiff Protest on 14:16 - Sep 26 with 1070 viewsscu70

Cardiff Protest on 13:27 - Sep 26 by seaside_summers

scu70, I agree with you to a point. It might be wasted energy protesting but it is for each individual fan to decide what they do and how they do it.

If ever the team needs the fans support it's now.protests if any should be left for outside the ground.the latest of leaving the stadium in the 59th? Minute is pointless and also pathetic.this is not supporting the team but the complete opposite.
Cardiff Protest on 15:26 - Sep 26 with 1050 viewsPlumbs

Cardiff Protest on 12:30 - Sep 26 by Wizaard

#twisting everything

Yes you have. You've suggested that fans are doing something wrong by protesting during the match.
Had fans done this during the Cartmell years then the Seasiders might not have suffered 28 years in the lower leagues.

#page 42 of Wizzs scrapbook alongside the blank L1 POF one (guffaw)

Cardiff Protest on 16:12 - Sep 26 with 1043 viewsWizaard

Cardiff Protest on 15:26 - Sep 26 by Plumbs

Yes you have. You've suggested that fans are doing something wrong by protesting during the match.
Had fans done this during the Cartmell years then the Seasiders might not have suffered 28 years in the lower leagues.

#page 42 of Wizzs scrapbook alongside the blank L1 POF one (guffaw)

I've said they might be better supporting the team but if people want to protest that's their prerogative.
Cardiff Protest on 16:59 - Sep 26 with 1028 viewsPlumbs

Cardiff Protest on 16:12 - Sep 26 by Wizaard

I've said they might be better supporting the team but if people want to protest that's their prerogative.

You said '90 minutes is for the supporting the team' which by and large I'd agree with,but the circumstances at BR are such that the clubs status (as a C/S club) is perilous.

As such the normal 'rules' no longer apply-as they indeed they didnt during the Cartmell years but (supposedly) there is now evidence of what happened previously.

What about those who refused to 'support the team' when the Seasiders played MKD? Doesnt 'supporting the team' count then in those circumstances? Just asking as there seems to be one rule for one clique, and another when the majority of the fanbase want to show their own deepseated feelings?
[Post edited 26 Sep 2014 17:00]

Cardiff Protest on 17:22 - Sep 26 with 1017 viewsWizaard

Cardiff Protest on 16:59 - Sep 26 by Plumbs

You said '90 minutes is for the supporting the team' which by and large I'd agree with,but the circumstances at BR are such that the clubs status (as a C/S club) is perilous.

As such the normal 'rules' no longer apply-as they indeed they didnt during the Cartmell years but (supposedly) there is now evidence of what happened previously.

What about those who refused to 'support the team' when the Seasiders played MKD? Doesnt 'supporting the team' count then in those circumstances? Just asking as there seems to be one rule for one clique, and another when the majority of the fanbase want to show their own deepseated feelings?
[Post edited 26 Sep 2014 17:00]

There are about ten options for protest, with arguments about which one should be followed. It will inevitably result in piecemeal action, diluting the message.

When Hertford Pete thinks it won't come to anything, it says a lot.
Cardiff Protest on 17:28 - Sep 26 with 1012 viewsPlumbs

Cardiff Protest on 17:22 - Sep 26 by Wizaard

There are about ten options for protest, with arguments about which one should be followed. It will inevitably result in piecemeal action, diluting the message.

When Hertford Pete thinks it won't come to anything, it says a lot.

Fair comments my Bratfurd dwelling friend but there have been accusations flying around that match day boycotts (in one form or another) are targeting the team which is supposed to sacrosanct.
It appears that upon closer analysis some of these critics do one thing but say another,but perhaps there's a common link in this situation?

Everyone's agreed that missing Blackpool games is fine in some circumstances then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024