Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leigh Dineen 17:24 - Sep 29 with 9710 viewsjack247

Apologies for my ignorance, but why the bad feeling towards him from some people on here?
Leigh Dineen on 17:39 - Sep 29 with 5251 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Huge mistake after huge mistakes being made by areas of the club he is in charge of, mistakes which if he wasn't a major shareholder and there wasn't a cosy, friendly atmosphere between the major shareholders then we would have seen him replaced a long time ago.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Leigh Dineen on 17:40 - Sep 29 with 5255 viewsjohnlangy

Remind us please.
Leigh Dineen on 17:50 - Sep 29 with 5198 viewseddie71

Leigh Dineen on 17:40 - Sep 29 by johnlangy

Remind us please.

Quite like Leigh myself played his part in the rescue of the club so huge respect for that.

However, those ridiculous and disrespectful ad boards didnt help his rep, and the commercial side of club does not seem that professional though it may be unfair to blame Leight Dineen for all this as he clearly is not solely responsible.
Leigh Dineen on 17:51 - Sep 29 with 5192 viewsjack247

Leigh Dineen on 17:39 - Sep 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Huge mistake after huge mistakes being made by areas of the club he is in charge of, mistakes which if he wasn't a major shareholder and there wasn't a cosy, friendly atmosphere between the major shareholders then we would have seen him replaced a long time ago.

That's quite possibly true and I know there is no room for sentiment in football, particularly at this level.

Having said that, I don't think I will ever have anything but the utmost respect for the people who put themselves on the line financially to keep the club alive though. The guy even remortgaged his own house by all accounts.
Leigh Dineen on 17:58 - Sep 29 with 5145 viewsDavillin

There's not a person alive -- alive or dead, really, poster or non-poster, male or female, young or old, real or imaginary -- who does not have detractors on PlanetSwans.

For some, "haters" on PlanetSwans.

I have known Leigh Dineen -- internet only, and emails -- from well before Swansea City was reconstituted. Sadly, that correspondence ended [friendly] over time.

I found him to be always a kind, courteous, honest, and upright gentleman, and was pleased that he became a Board member.

I sent an open-post on scfc.co.uk at the time, addressed to all of the new Board members, forewarning them that they will never be able to satisfy everyone and to be prepared to be told so, but that the only antidote was always to do what they believed was right for the club. I believe that virtually every person of good will, and knowledge of the history of the club, will agree that they have done so.

"Not even Jupiter pleases everyone" is an ancient Roman truth.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Leigh Dineen on 18:00 - Sep 29 with 5133 viewsjack247

Leigh Dineen on 17:58 - Sep 29 by Davillin

There's not a person alive -- alive or dead, really, poster or non-poster, male or female, young or old, real or imaginary -- who does not have detractors on PlanetSwans.

I have known Leigh Dineen -- internet only, and emails -- from well before Swansea City was reconstituted. Sadly, that correspondence ended [friendly] over time.

I found him to be always a kind, courteous, honest, and upright gentleman, and was pleased that he became a Board member.

I sent an open-post on scfc.co.uk at the time, addressed to all of the new Board members, forewarning them that they will never be able to satisfy everyone and to be prepared to be told so, but that the only antidote was always to do what they believed was right for the club. I believe that virtually every person of good will, and knowledge of the history of the club, will agree that they have done so.

Good post
Leigh Dineen on 18:16 - Sep 29 with 5038 viewsUxbridge

The good doesn't get an airing too often so only fair it's mentioned. He's played his part in getting us to where we are, and deserves credit for that.

The flip sides been mentioned enough times on here. All I'll say is telling porkies on film isn't particularly wise.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Leigh Dineen on 19:11 - Sep 29 with 4827 viewsFlashberryjack

Leigh Dineen on 17:50 - Sep 29 by eddie71

Quite like Leigh myself played his part in the rescue of the club so huge respect for that.

However, those ridiculous and disrespectful ad boards didnt help his rep, and the commercial side of club does not seem that professional though it may be unfair to blame Leight Dineen for all this as he clearly is not solely responsible.

Never met Mr Dineen, but I do have the greatest respect for what he and others did for us in the darkest of times in our clubs history.
But I have to say, that respect has declined a little for me, after the disrespect shown to supporters by installing those hideous advertising boards that face the crowd.
Respect is a very hard thing to earn, yet so very easily lost.
He certainly could redeem him self in my eyes, by getting rid of the boards that face the crowd, or at least turn them off during the game.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Leigh Dineen on 19:56 - Sep 29 with 4689 viewsScoobyWho

Leigh Dineen on 17:58 - Sep 29 by Davillin

Why are you back when you promised faithfully you wouldn't ever be back ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Leigh Dineen on 20:02 - Sep 29 with 4654 viewslondonlisa2001

Leigh Dineen on 17:39 - Sep 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Do any of those mistakes add up in commercial terms to the mistake that's been made by Man Utd's commercial department in signing an agreement with Adidas that overlaps through virtually the whole of next summer with Nike which will force them to reveal next summer's signings in a Nike strip despite being sponsored to the tune of tens of millions of pounds by Adidas?

The only reason I ask, is because you have previously said how Man Utd's commercial department are the 'best in the world'.

Or don't their mistakes count ....
Leigh Dineen on 20:52 - Sep 29 with 4510 viewsDavillin

Leigh Dineen on 19:56 - Sep 29 by ScoobyWho

Why are you back when you promised faithfully you wouldn't ever be back ?

I never promised shit. You sound like T2C -- is he your mentor?

What I do or do not do is none of your business. Stop trying to be a gadfly and stop bothering me with your triviality. Satisfactorily answered?

p.s. For you and all of the other mini-Chrissies who actually think they're embarrassing or annoying me by peddlng that childish falsehood, I'm "back" because as I see it, the site owner stubbornly refused to ban me, even though a majority of voting posters insisted and I repeatedly requested him to do so, and then he repeatedly begged me to not leave, and then insisted that I return.

Splunge.

Leigh Dineen on 20:56 - Sep 29 with 4478 viewsperchrockjack

He might feel he s made a mistake seeing the knobs who conveniently forget what our board have done over recent years.
We truly are undeserving of this board.

What have they done? Saved us that s what

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leigh Dineen on 20:58 - Sep 29 with 4470 viewsJackoBoostardo

Absolutely no issues with Leigh myself. He's made the odd cock up, but then so have the other directors. However, they all learn from these, with the exception of JVZ.

Leigh's a good guy!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Leigh Dineen on 21:01 - Sep 29 with 4440 viewsacejack3065

Leigh Dineen on 20:02 - Sep 29 by londonlisa2001

Do any of those mistakes add up in commercial terms to the mistake that's been made by Man Utd's commercial department in signing an agreement with Adidas that overlaps through virtually the whole of next summer with Nike which will force them to reveal next summer's signings in a Nike strip despite being sponsored to the tune of tens of millions of pounds by Adidas?

The only reason I ask, is because you have previously said how Man Utd's commercial department are the 'best in the world'.

You probably won't get an answer to that one.

Ask him why Monk is the worst Swans manager since Cullis and I'm sure he will be happy to fill you in.

Other than that, just ignore him because he's boring and predictable.
Leigh Dineen on 21:06 - Sep 29 with 4410 viewslondonlisa2001

Leigh Dineen on 21:01 - Sep 29 by acejack3065

You probably won't get an answer to that one.

Ask him why Monk is the worst Swans manager since Cullis and I'm sure he will be happy to fill you in.

Other than that, just ignore him because he's boring and predictable.

oh - he won't remember the glorious reign of Kevin Cullis :-)
Leigh Dineen on 21:08 - Sep 29 with 4390 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Leigh Dineen on 20:02 - Sep 29 by londonlisa2001

I don't follow Manchester United so I wouldn't know the ins and outs of their shirt sponsorship deals.

What I know is that they are the best run club in this country with commercial revenue dwarfing every other team.

I didn't say it was the best in the world, I said it was the best in the United Kingdom and arguably the world.

I believe Real Madrid are the best run club commercially in the world but that is just my opinion as I haven't researched thoroughly into how other clubs commercial departments are run like what you have done with Manchester United.

Leigh Dineen on 21:13 - Sep 29 with 4374 viewsacejack3065

Leigh Dineen on 21:08 - Sep 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't follow Manchester United so I wouldn't know the ins and outs of their shirt sponsorship deals.

What I know is that they are the best run club in this country with commercial revenue dwarfing every other team.

I didn't say it was the best in the world, I said it was the best in the United Kingdom and arguably the world.

I believe Real Madrid are the best run club commercially in the world but that is just my opinion as I haven't researched thoroughly into how other clubs commercial departments are run like what you have done with Manchester United.

You don't follow Manchester Utd?
Leigh Dineen on 21:15 - Sep 29 with 4351 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Leigh Dineen on 21:13 - Sep 29 by acejack3065

You don't follow Manchester Utd?

I'm not a follower or supporter of them, no.

I'll be at most of their home matches this season though, purely as a neutral.

Leigh Dineen on 21:15 - Sep 29 with 4358 viewslondonlisa2001

Leigh Dineen on 21:08 - Sep 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

it's not a case of 'researching like what I have done' (sic) with Man Utd - it has been widely criticised as a complete cock up in all business press.

I am simply pointing out that even the 'best' make mistakes, and that is a pretty big one in terms of commercial mistakes. And actually, you don't know the ins and outs of Swans commercial activities either, but that doesn't stop you criticising does it.... Anyway - i thought you were a Man Utd 'employee' these days, so you really should take an interest in your employer's activities :-)
Leigh Dineen on 21:17 - Sep 29 with 4344 viewsPhil_S

Leigh Dineen on 20:52 - Sep 29 by Davillin

What I do or do not do is none of your business. Stop trying to be a gadfly and stop bothering me with your triviality. Satisfactorily answered?

p.s. For you and all of the other mini-Chrissies who actually think they're embarrassing or annoying me by peddlng that childish falsehood, I'm "back" because as I see it, the site owner stubbornly refused to ban me, even though a majority of voting posters insisted and I repeatedly requested him to do so, and then he repeatedly begged me to not leave, and then insisted that I return.

Splunge.

Yes, that's exactly how it happened.

My world is complete again
Leigh Dineen on 21:19 - Sep 29 with 4324 viewsacejack3065

Leigh Dineen on 21:15 - Sep 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm not a follower or supporter of them, no.

I'll be at most of their home matches this season though, purely as a neutral.

That must be riveting...
Leigh Dineen on 21:22 - Sep 29 with 4296 viewsDavillin

Leigh Dineen on 21:19 - Sep 29 by acejack3065

That must be riveting...

Leigh Dineen on 21:51 - Sep 29 with 4167 viewsScoobyWho

Leigh Dineen on 20:52 - Sep 29 by Davillin

Splunge.

I tried to enter in to dialogue with you some Weeks ago, you took humbridge and decided to come over all feisty, I for one enjoyed your instant responses and level headed replies. Then you found a stash of controlled drugs, clearly consumed them - and started poorly thought out drivel like encounters with people for no good reason.

I merely asked the question.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Leigh Dineen on 21:54 - Sep 29 with 4154 viewsbudegan

What did Leigh do before he worked ft at the club?
Leigh Dineen on 21:58 - Sep 29 with 4125 viewsPacemaker

Leigh Dineen on 21:54 - Sep 29 by budegan

What did Leigh do before he worked ft at the club?

He still runs a vending company doing sweets and the like, I wasn't aware he worked full time at the club tbh

Official Twitter account. - Vice Chairman Swansea City AFC Owner Bulk Vending Systems LTD Director CCB Supplies LTD All views expressed are my own.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 22:03]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024