Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract 09:01 - Oct 9 with 4608 viewsepaul

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swanseas-liverpool-tottenha

Striker who enjoyed a 25-goal debut season with the Swans still has two years left on his current deal but sounds in the mood to commit long-term

Swanning in: Bony admits he's been less effective than last season but still loves it at Swansea
Wilfried Bony is ready to sign a new deal at Swansea.

The Ivory Coast striker, who has two years left on his current contract, scored 25 goals last season, attracting summer transfer interest from Liverpool and Tottenham.

This season though, he has only found the net once so far in eight appearances.

“If I wanted to go, I would have done,” Bony claimed. “But there has never been anything other than speculation about the departure in Monaco, Liverpool or Tottenham.

"I’m fine in Swansea. It is even possible that I extend my contract.

"Admittedly, I have been less effective than last season, but I’m not worried. I play in a team that is ranked high, and there is less pressure on the attackers.

"People trust me, and for a striker, you know how it works. You might just need one or two goals to get going again.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swanseas-liverpool-tottenha
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 01:12 - Oct 10 with 948 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 01:10 - Oct 10 by swanduck

Giving Wilf a pay rise and either removing or seriously increasing the release clasue in his contract will benefit us in the long term (unless he turns shit)

Yeah because that's worked well for us recently with Laudrup and Michu springing to mind.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 01:15 - Oct 10 with 948 viewsswanduck

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 01:12 - Oct 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah because that's worked well for us recently with Laudrup and Michu springing to mind.

What do Laudrup and Michu have to do with anything?
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 01:39 - Oct 10 with 935 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 01:15 - Oct 10 by swanduck

What do Laudrup and Michu have to do with anything?

We gave them big pay rises and increased / removed any release clause they had and those contracts are up there with Alan Tate's final 4 year deal in terms of most regrettable contracts signed off by Swansea City in the past decade.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 02:08 - Oct 10 with 924 viewsswanduck

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 01:39 - Oct 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We gave them big pay rises and increased / removed any release clause they had and those contracts are up there with Alan Tate's final 4 year deal in terms of most regrettable contracts signed off by Swansea City in the past decade.

Unfortunate but just because it comes off badly a couple of times it doesn't mean it always does?? Michu isn't a disaster yet anyway, don't Napoli have a £7 mill buy out clause for him? Not as much as he has been worth in the past but considering the crap we have put up with with him not bad and a healthy profit.

Unless you lack faith in Bony and think he is about to experience a sharp decline in talent and form I don't seen why a new contract would bother you. Laudrup and Michu's new contracts not working out literally has nothing to do with it, they are not Bony.

Obviously you wont say anything positive about the idea though because that does not fit your forum persona.
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 10:46 - Oct 10 with 847 viewsSpratty

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 00:21 - Oct 10 by dameedna

What was saved on Gomis Capex will go into Bony Opex

Unless the possible scenario in which much / all of what was saved on Gomis free transfer was expended on the cost of:

- Transfer initial lump sum to Gomis / agents fees
- Additional wage to Gomis
- Additional bonuses and financial commitments (e.g. contract length) to Gomis

Would be interesting to know what the settlement was given the massive wage Gomis was demanding when other clubs were also after him last season (when a transfer fee would be in addition to that). In any case he needs to be given a proper chance to settle and show us what he can deliver in the PL, for succession planning as well as cover for African Cup of Nations / potential injuries / bans.

That does not mean we should not renegotiate Bony's contract if given our plans that seems to our best advantage. As pointed out with Michu there is no way to accurately predict injuries and their affect on form. If we had DYSS's gift of hindsight but temporally rewound then what a team we would be. Personally given even on Michu we stand to sell him for 350% of what we paid I would say not a bad days work, when you consider all the amazing achievements he was central to for our club.
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 10:52 - Oct 10 with 844 viewsSpratty

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 01:39 - Oct 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Tate’s contract extension probably went pretty much to plan as even at the time it was seen as a classy reward to an excellent servant of the club who had contributed much to where we are today.

It just shows that injuries can occur anywhere though and that is how close we always are to potentially largely writing off even our best players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024