Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fao Phil Sumbler 16:45 - Oct 23 with 36218 viewsRancid

Is it true that the trust is preventing us from being taken over by an American consortium for 95 million? And the rest of the board want it to go through? I'm not expecting a straight answer btw but I've heard from a very good source at the club.
fao Phil Sumbler on 20:28 - Oct 25 with 1948 viewsLe_Swans

fao Phil Sumbler on 15:30 - Oct 25 by Starsky

How much more investment could be spent on the squad before the FFP kicks in anyway?
If we suddenly had new investors, they'd have to expand the stadium and increase commercial revenue to make a big difference.

If the owner puts equity in, a club is permitted to lose up to £105m over 3 seasons, also some restrictions on wage increases.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php
fao Phil Sumbler on 20:54 - Oct 25 with 1910 viewsmorningstar

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:24 - Oct 25 by MoscowJack

That's a good question. I don't think any of the Board would want to screw the Club at all. Definitely not.

But....I'll go back to my earlier question - if someone offered you £5m to never watch the Swans and stop supporting them over night, would you accept? The financial stability that offers all the families involved is a very hard thing to turn down.

£5m never to support the swans again? In all honesty whether you would take the money then it would be under false pretences as you cannot stop supporting your club. Whether you go to every game, support from afar, put a sticker up in your car or watch us on the telly.
However, I don't see where that question fits into the equation if it relates to the board/shareholders and the scenario I have put forward?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:03 - Oct 25 with 1886 viewsMoscowJack

It's about sacrifice. What would you sacrifice for £5m?

It's a huge temptation and for one or two Directors, I'm sure they would find it hard to refuse ANY offer.

If making their family's future secure for a very long time meant lots of fans hated them, would that be a risk worth taking?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:25 - Oct 26 with 1775 viewswestx

fao Phil Sumbler on 10:29 - Oct 25 by MoscowJack

Just to clarify - Leigh's just replied on Twitter to confirm that he will be attending the Trust Fans Forum in London. He's not going to stay and watch the game on Sunday as he's got to be back in Port Talbot. That's a good effort, in my opinion.

I hope people ask the same questions to his face that they're asking on here, not just to show that people aren't keyboard warriors but also because we need to hear the truth and facts.

Embarrassed I to it do you think?

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:29 - Oct 26 with 1772 viewswestx

fao Phil Sumbler on 11:43 - Oct 25 by the_oracle

Seems to be a lot of underlying jealously in this thread particularly in regard to one certain board member. I can say I knew Leigh well in the 80'and 90's, going to most games together , home and occasionally away. A genuinely nice guy.

The value of any shares held depends on us staying in the Premier league and that position is under threat each year. If I was Leigh or any other share holder I would seriously consider selling before we go down ( and personally the longer we have Monk in charge the sooner that will be, buts that's a different thread). Why hold on to shares that may be worth thousands this time next year, compared to millions at the moment? I'd sell, pay for a box for the 30 years and enjoy myself at the games without the sniping and hassle.

There'd be plenty of sniping and hassle of they sold to the wrong people

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:33 - Oct 26 with 1761 viewswestx

fao Phil Sumbler on 14:20 - Oct 25 by MoscowJack

Maybe this is why the anti-Trust PR has already. If some can make the Trust out to be "the baddies" then there's more sympathy for the sellers.

Which is what the op is surely all about

It's reasonably clear that there's been no offer so - as yet - there is nothing to be blocked?

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:40 - Oct 26 with 1738 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 12:33 - Oct 25 by Rancid

Does Phil still think my source isn't 'a very good one'?

Could you answer please Phil?

You OP suggested that the Trust had blocked a sale

This is wrong so therefore your source isn't a good one or economical with the truth
fao Phil Sumbler on 09:40 - Oct 26 with 1738 viewsMoscowJack

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:25 - Oct 26 by westx

Embarrassed I to it do you think?

Possibly, but I'd rather give people the benefit of the doubt in these situations. That he's not able or going to stay for the game shows how important his Sunday morning family duties are.

Login to get fewer ads

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:42 - Oct 26 with 1734 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 12:57 - Oct 25 by Rancid

Probably not, but he did say after my OP that my source wasn't a very good one, but as the threads progressed he's got quite involved and gone into some detail.Now if he thought it was untrue and bollox then surely he'd have left it alone, which is why I asked the question.

Also, things are moving pretty quickly from what I'm told so maybe he's more informed now than what he was then.

No harm in asking.

I thinks you probably know the answer
fao Phil Sumbler on 09:45 - Oct 26 with 1724 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:40 - Oct 26 by MoscowJack

Possibly, but I'd rather give people the benefit of the doubt in these situations. That he's not able or going to stay for the game shows how important his Sunday morning family duties are.

Which is right. The change of heart is the right one and spot on for him to go. His employers could have insisted he went but the club generally isn't worked that way

Some great points in this thread made yesterday - a fascinating read

Forget 'not just another football club' 'neveradullmoment' is more accurate
fao Phil Sumbler on 09:48 - Oct 26 with 1704 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:33 - Oct 26 by westx

Which is what the op is surely all about

It's reasonably clear that there's been no offer so - as yet - there is nothing to be blocked?

As I have said before if there was an offer our members would be aware

As a separate issue someone said a page or two back that the shareholders agreement would be something that the trust know about and therefore so would our members

This is not right as the trust board are there to ensure that these agreements are right - they should never fully go into the public domain on things like this

A bit like why the sacking of Michael Laudrup never went to a vote but the trust board were aware of what was happening in the background

Indeed I remember a conversation with Huw C while I was stood in the streets of Glasgow telling me he was gone before I walked back into the pub to see it confirmed an hour or so laterby Sky sports
fao Phil Sumbler on 10:01 - Oct 26 with 1678 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 14:20 - Oct 25 by MoscowJack

Maybe this is why the anti-Trust PR has already. If some can make the Trust out to be "the baddies" then there's more sympathy for the sellers.

I was amazed yesterday how many people asked me about this threadand what was contained in it.

Questions ranged from why we were blocking a deal to whether we would sell and what would happen if or when an offer comes in

Simple truth is our views cannot be known until we know what an offer looked like. Some offers co under be met with a simple no sell but others may be considered if the terms were absolutely right for the club. The trust is unique in that will only do with our shares what is right for the club rather than be swayed by the potential £ value of each share

If there had been an offer then the members would be aware of some of the finer details of them but without that information he public domain it is safe to assume no offer has been made

For me as an individual any offer has to be the best for the club only and if it isn't then I really don't see why we need to change the set up that has served us so well since 2002. There may be some ronance in that sentiment but I am proud of what we have achieved in that time and I don't like th dea of it changing

The fear for me at the moment is whether there is a sale or not the club and it's set up has changed forever as the comments given to the OP already suggest

Sad times?
fao Phil Sumbler on 10:14 - Oct 26 with 1661 viewsMoscowJack

Phil,

I think many know that an offer is imminent and maybe even the details of the proposed deal are not too hard to guess, but (as I keep repeating) I think the most vital points are that the Trust are in a position to make a deal less attractive to a potential buyer. If MM's personal wealth helps dissuade him from taking the big sums being offered, that will help too.

What's really become obvious (and this is the sad part) is that the PR machine has started rolling. The Trust is really the only way the fans can voice our feelings so we have to stay 100% behind the Trust now.

Maybe you should go back to Glasgow and wait for Huw to call again? ;)

fao Phil Sumbler on 10:17 - Oct 26 with 1654 viewsDr_Winston

It's not happening until Marilyn Croft is being interviewed about it on SSN...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

fao Phil Sumbler on 11:22 - Oct 26 with 1602 viewsOptimisticJack

fao Phil Sumbler on 10:17 - Oct 26 by Dr_Winston

It's not happening until Marilyn Croft is being interviewed about it on SSN...

Good thread this and good points made particularly by Phil. We are so fortunate to have people like Phil who have fought so hard for the trust in the past. The trust, I am sure will continue to fight endlessly for what they consider to be the best interests of our club.

Optimisticjack

fao Phil Sumbler on 11:26 - Oct 26 with 1591 viewsStarsky

fao Phil Sumbler on 11:22 - Oct 26 by OptimisticJack

Good thread this and good points made particularly by Phil. We are so fortunate to have people like Phil who have fought so hard for the trust in the past. The trust, I am sure will continue to fight endlessly for what they consider to be the best interests of our club.

I think Phil is being a tad wasteful wiTh the trust expenses, holding his meetings in Glasgow pubs though.

It's just the internet, init.

fao Phil Sumbler on 11:31 - Oct 26 with 1584 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 10:14 - Oct 26 by MoscowJack

Phil,

I think many know that an offer is imminent and maybe even the details of the proposed deal are not too hard to guess, but (as I keep repeating) I think the most vital points are that the Trust are in a position to make a deal less attractive to a potential buyer. If MM's personal wealth helps dissuade him from taking the big sums being offered, that will help too.

What's really become obvious (and this is the sad part) is that the PR machine has started rolling. The Trust is really the only way the fans can voice our feelings so we have to stay 100% behind the Trust now.

Maybe you should go back to Glasgow and wait for Huw to call again? ;)

Agreed
fao Phil Sumbler on 11:45 - Oct 26 with 1556 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Would I be right in thinking that if someone acquires 30% of the shares they have to make an offer for the remainder?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:19 - Oct 26 with 1458 viewsMoscowJack

Good question. I have no idea but I think Jacko, Lisa or Ux will know.

It would be interesting to know.

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:28 - Oct 26 with 1435 viewsDr_Winston

In the Man Utd takeover and when Kroenke upped his stake in Arsenal it was the case that 30% triggered an offer if memory serves.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:45 - Oct 26 with 1404 viewsJoe_bradshaw

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:28 - Oct 26 by Dr_Winston

In the Man Utd takeover and when Kroenke upped his stake in Arsenal it was the case that 30% triggered an offer if memory serves.

That's what I was thinking.

Which shareholders would have to sell to make this the case?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:51 - Oct 26 with 1388 viewsDr_Winston

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:45 - Oct 26 by Joe_bradshaw

That's what I was thinking.

Which shareholders would have to sell to make this the case?

This is the breakdown of ownership...

Shareholders owning 10% or more of the issued share capital in the ultimate holding company are:

Mr & Mrs Martin Morgan - 22.5%
Brian Katzen - 20.0%
Swansea City Supporters Society Ltd - 20.0%
Huw Jenkins - 12.5%
Robert Davies - 10.0%

As of 18.6.2014

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/club/club_ownership/index.aspx#7wmFKdTY9YSLzMgk.99

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:24 - Oct 26 with 1331 viewswestx

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:51 - Oct 26 by Dr_Winston

This is the breakdown of ownership...

Shareholders owning 10% or more of the issued share capital in the ultimate holding company are:

Mr & Mrs Martin Morgan - 22.5%
Brian Katzen - 20.0%
Swansea City Supporters Society Ltd - 20.0%
Huw Jenkins - 12.5%
Robert Davies - 10.0%

As of 18.6.2014

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/club/club_ownership/index.aspx#7wmFKdTY9YSLzMgk.99

I thought the Trust owned 21%? Or at least that is the figure that they use a lot at the moment?

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:32 - Oct 26 with 1322 viewsUxbridge

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:24 - Oct 26 by westx

I thought the Trust owned 21%? Or at least that is the figure that they use a lot at the moment?

Trust owns 199999 / 950000, since the Mel Nurse buyback.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:45 - Oct 26 with 1302 viewswestx

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:32 - Oct 26 by Uxbridge

Trust owns 199999 / 950000, since the Mel Nurse buyback.

Which happened two years ago I think? So why would the official site be stating these figures were correct as of June 2014??

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024