Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
o/t The 2015 General Election 23:06 - Oct 24 with 9702 viewsOrmerod89

So thought we could start a General Election thread and see how far we get, how many posts we receive and how many views we get by May.

The twists, the turns, the politicians, the pillocks, the policies and the polls!

Feel free to chip in with cutting comments and delightful debated as we choose another deluded fool to take over Number 10!

I'll kick off with I reckon Labour will get in by a very slight majority and the Tories will self destruct over Europe, Farage will have his moment in the spotlight before disappearing in a sea of scandal and disgrace whilst the Lib Dems will disappear off the face of the political map.

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 15:57 - Jan 3 with 2397 viewsSTHolder

o/t The 2015 General Election on 16:16 - Jan 1 by Curryman

What a choice we have.

Cameron aloof and seemingly uncaring;
Milliband the wrong trousers, although the skeletons are coming out of the box for his brother re torture and rendactment;
Clegg watery and not of the character required;
Farage, pint of beer, pint of beer, pint of beer, what more can be said.

I honestly am not looking forward to choosing and feel it will be another hung parliament with Alex Salmond causing havock in Paliament and the Scot Nats holding the balance. What a bloody mess we are in countrywise as well as clubwise.

Stuck £20 on a Conservative majority three years ago when they were 11/2 - people won't vote Milliband in.
o/t The 2015 General Election on 13:54 - Apr 3 with 2346 viewsthebigone

o/t The 2015 General Election on 16:16 - Jan 1 by Curryman

What a choice we have.

Cameron aloof and seemingly uncaring;
Milliband the wrong trousers, although the skeletons are coming out of the box for his brother re torture and rendactment;
Clegg watery and not of the character required;
Farage, pint of beer, pint of beer, pint of beer, what more can be said.

I honestly am not looking forward to choosing and feel it will be another hung parliament with Alex Salmond causing havock in Paliament and the Scot Nats holding the balance. What a bloody mess we are in countrywise as well as clubwise.

Think I could have quite happily punched Milliband in the face last night - what a self righteous smug git! Garage was just despicable - thought Cameron at least looked like a Statesman whereas if I had the choice now I'd probably go North of the border and vote for Sturgeon!

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 16:39 - Apr 3 with 2333 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Here's a nightmare scenario for you. Let's say it finished something like this :

Conservative 280
Labour 262
Lib Dem 26
SNP 50
PC 5
UKIP 5
DUP 9
Other 13

The Labour/SNP coalition falls short of the magic figure needed, even id Plaid come in with them. So does a pro-Union coalition of Conservative/LD/DUP/UKIP - just. The whole thing could end up being dependent upon the SDLP and Sinn Fein.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

o/t The 2015 General Election on 23:33 - Apr 3 with 2317 viewswe_are_Superior

o/t The 2015 General Election on 16:39 - Apr 3 by basilrobbiereborn

Here's a nightmare scenario for you. Let's say it finished something like this :

Conservative 280
Labour 262
Lib Dem 26
SNP 50
PC 5
UKIP 5
DUP 9
Other 13

The Labour/SNP coalition falls short of the magic figure needed, even id Plaid come in with them. So does a pro-Union coalition of Conservative/LD/DUP/UKIP - just. The whole thing could end up being dependent upon the SDLP and Sinn Fein.

I think the Conservatives will get a surge of uncomfortable support towards the end and their opinion poll rating is low because people don't like admitting they'll vote them back in. Sunday's opinion polls ai think will show them with a 4%+ lead.

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 09:23 - Apr 4 with 2312 viewsBigbrother

Alarming how many friends I have who are talking up UKIP and yet other than kicking Jonny Foreigner out what do they stand for. Without Farage there would be no UKIP and he's just a buck toothed gob on a stick racist.

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

o/t The 2015 General Election on 09:57 - Apr 4 with 2310 views1953Original

o/t The 2015 General Election on 09:23 - Apr 4 by Bigbrother

Alarming how many friends I have who are talking up UKIP and yet other than kicking Jonny Foreigner out what do they stand for. Without Farage there would be no UKIP and he's just a buck toothed gob on a stick racist.

With a heavy heart and questionable morals it's going to be the Tories for me again in the hope that they come good with this idea that in two years when we go back in the black that the austerity measures will be thrown out, the NHS will be a beneficiary and that we should all feel better off.

The thought of Miliband as PM leaves me cold. Always voted for who I think will be best PM - voted for Blair and Thatcher (not sure if that's a good thing to announce!) and out of Cameron and Miliband I don't think there's really a choice.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 08:53 - Apr 18 with 2285 viewsBigbrother

One paper today says there is now an 83% chance of Miliband forming a coalition .. hand me my shotgun now!

o/t The 2015 General Election on 12:39 - Apr 18 with 2275 viewscrewcut

o/t The 2015 General Election on 09:57 - Apr 4 by 1953Original

With a heavy heart and questionable morals it's going to be the Tories for me again in the hope that they come good with this idea that in two years when we go back in the black that the austerity measures will be thrown out, the NHS will be a beneficiary and that we should all feel better off.

The thought of Miliband as PM leaves me cold. Always voted for who I think will be best PM - voted for Blair and Thatcher (not sure if that's a good thing to announce!) and out of Cameron and Miliband I don't think there's really a choice.

PFI's are bankrupting the country and the general public appears ignorant of this salient fact.

Whoever gets in Austerity is here to stay for a very long time indeed.

Osborne is powerless to stop the runaway train that the Labour Party set in motion whence last in power. unleashing horrific debt on the the United Kingdom. We are set fair to be bullied, badgered, lied to and emptied of our hard earned cash for eons to come.

So, its the Football First Party for me.
Login to get fewer ads

o/t The 2015 General Election on 15:55 - Apr 24 with 2227 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm wondering whether Milliband has made a very serious error today in attacking the PM over Libya.

God knows, none of the three main parties in England have a brilliant record with regard to Middle East politics. But this seems a pretty nasty thing for him to have done, for two reasons. The first is that his own party has blood on their hands with regard to Iraq. The second is that apart from opposing a Government Inquiry into our handling of Libya he has shown little interest in it - until now. Perhaps a humanitarian disaster in the middle of an Election campaign seemed like a gift. If so, you have to wonder about the morality of him and those around him who provide him with advice.

It may end up being a storm in a teacup. But if you were doubtful about him before, I'd argue you've more reason to be so after today.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 16:24 - Apr 24 with 2213 viewsWizaard

o/t The 2015 General Election on 09:57 - Apr 4 by 1953Original

Voting Tory to protect the NHS. You couldn't make it up.
o/t The 2015 General Election on 11:17 - Apr 25 with 2185 viewsBigbrother

o/t The 2015 General Election on 16:24 - Apr 24 by Wizaard

I still can't quite get my head around the fact that Miliband might be our PM in two weeks .. it's like giving the guy with a limp the chance to win in the egg and spoon race at school!

o/t The 2015 General Election on 11:40 - Apr 25 with 2179 viewsfleetwoodbry

o/t The 2015 General Election on 16:24 - Apr 24 by Wizaard

Exactly Wiz if they get in there won't be an NHS to speak of in 5 years time as they despise what it stands for, NO PROFIT
o/t The 2015 General Election on 07:40 - Apr 26 with 2172 viewsSTHolder

o/t The 2015 General Election on 11:40 - Apr 25 by fleetwoodbry

Exactly Wiz if they get in there won't be an NHS to speak of in 5 years time as they despise what it stands for, NO PROFIT

You just get the impression this is going to be an unholy mess come a week on Friday. Will make Karl's running of Blackpool FC competent (well OK let's not go that far!).

End of the day there's not huge difference in all these smaller parties in one way or the other to the big two and maybe multi party politics will damage us for years to come?
o/t The 2015 General Election on 09:36 - Apr 26 with 2168 viewsfleetwoodbry

Just watched Boris Johnson on Andrew Marr show, this is a guy that Cameron is championing as a possible leader of our country ffs!! If anyone needed a reason to vote anything but Tory, thats the reason there. The guy is a massive self centred buffoon who cant stop talking and its all horse schite that comes out of his arrogant mouth
o/t The 2015 General Election on 10:09 - Apr 26 with 2164 viewsfleetwoodbry

o/t The 2015 General Election on 15:55 - Apr 24 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm wondering whether Milliband has made a very serious error today in attacking the PM over Libya.

God knows, none of the three main parties in England have a brilliant record with regard to Middle East politics. But this seems a pretty nasty thing for him to have done, for two reasons. The first is that his own party has blood on their hands with regard to Iraq. The second is that apart from opposing a Government Inquiry into our handling of Libya he has shown little interest in it - until now. Perhaps a humanitarian disaster in the middle of an Election campaign seemed like a gift. If so, you have to wonder about the morality of him and those around him who provide him with advice.

It may end up being a storm in a teacup. But if you were doubtful about him before, I'd argue you've more reason to be so after today.

Robbie do you not remember your heroine Maggie taking huge advantage of a needless war in the Falklands to curry favour with the electorate, as prior to it happening she was going to be dumped out on her @rse, and she didnt give a flying fvck about the deaths she caused as it suited her agenda. She was even happy to give the order to blow up a ship that was leaving the war zone, killing hundreds of young Argie men into the bargain, akin to shooting a man in the back as he's walking away. Now THAT'S really having blood on your hands pal
o/t The 2015 General Election on 19:12 - Apr 27 with 2100 viewsOrmerod89

Just got my postal ballot and we have a Monster Raving Loony candidate - where was their party election broadcast?!

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 20:17 - Apr 27 with 2096 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

o/t The 2015 General Election on 10:09 - Apr 26 by fleetwoodbry

Robbie do you not remember your heroine Maggie taking huge advantage of a needless war in the Falklands to curry favour with the electorate, as prior to it happening she was going to be dumped out on her @rse, and she didnt give a flying fvck about the deaths she caused as it suited her agenda. She was even happy to give the order to blow up a ship that was leaving the war zone, killing hundreds of young Argie men into the bargain, akin to shooting a man in the back as he's walking away. Now THAT'S really having blood on your hands pal

Bry

I don't agree with you, but falling out over politics is - in my experience - something civilised chaps avoid doing.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 20:25 - Apr 27 with 2089 viewsfleetwoodbry

o/t The 2015 General Election on 20:17 - Apr 27 by basilrobbiereborn

Bry

I don't agree with you, but falling out over politics is - in my experience - something civilised chaps avoid doing.

To be honest I have to agree with you there Robbie. Now I'll be accused of being so far up your bum etc etc etc but what the hell lol!!
o/t The 2015 General Election on 21:28 - Apr 27 with 2079 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

o/t The 2015 General Election on 20:25 - Apr 27 by fleetwoodbry

To be honest I have to agree with you there Robbie. Now I'll be accused of being so far up your bum etc etc etc but what the hell lol!!

I'm always amazed by my bum. So wide, and so ready available. I should turn it into a theme park.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 01:38 - Apr 28 with 2062 viewsterminallytangerine

o/t The 2015 General Election on 21:28 - Apr 27 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm always amazed by my bum. So wide, and so ready available. I should turn it into a theme park.

Charlatan Athletic supporter methinks -

and an appropriate image to follow the last post perhaps?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 1:55]
o/t The 2015 General Election on 11:39 - Apr 28 with 2052 viewsterminallytangerine

o/t The 2015 General Election on 01:38 - Apr 28 by terminallytangerine

Charlatan Athletic supporter methinks -

and an appropriate image to follow the last post perhaps?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 1:55]

On a more serious note I think Ed Milliband is growing on people and is much under-rated. The pendulum has swung too far to the right and needs an injection of support for the state to protect against the self aggrandising rich and powerful. Milliband is a step in the right direction. Anyone who doubts the need for a challenge to the vested interests which dominate Britain should read Owen Jones The Establishment methinks.
o/t The 2015 General Election on 21:27 - Apr 29 with 2024 viewsfleetwoodbry

Think you're right TT about Milliband, the more the Tories and their bum chums the DimLeds attack him personally, the better he seems to come out of it. Cameron is clutching at straws today with his promise not to increase income tax, VAT and NI payments for 5 years is the act of a desperate man, rather like he did with the SNP when it looked like the Yes vote was going to win the referendum
o/t The 2015 General Election on 00:39 - Apr 30 with 2018 viewsterminallytangerine

o/t The 2015 General Election on 21:27 - Apr 29 by fleetwoodbry

Think you're right TT about Milliband, the more the Tories and their bum chums the DimLeds attack him personally, the better he seems to come out of it. Cameron is clutching at straws today with his promise not to increase income tax, VAT and NI payments for 5 years is the act of a desperate man, rather like he did with the SNP when it looked like the Yes vote was going to win the referendum

Have you seen the cynical Murdoch Sun headlines in Scotland backing the SNP and the English version damning them? Who said monopolies don't attempt to control our democracy?

If only people would vote to put people before vested interests and elect a government which will take on these monopolies we could create a less divided society.

Ed Milliband's dialogue with Russell Brand was a brave attempt to encourage non-voters to vote.

Well worth voting for.

Go ed, Ed.
o/t The 2015 General Election on 11:43 - Apr 30 with 1995 viewsBFC_Tim

Dread to think of what will happen if Millipede and that dour Scottish cow get in - am voting Tory just to keep them and Farage out. Best of a bad bunch!!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 20:44 - Apr 30 with 1974 viewsfleetwoodbry

o/t The 2015 General Election on 11:43 - Apr 30 by BFC_Tim

Dread to think of what will happen if Millipede and that dour Scottish cow get in - am voting Tory just to keep them and Farage out. Best of a bad bunch!!

If Cameron needs help he will turn to UKIP if needs be, they are after all just disaffected Tories
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024