Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight 23:16 - Nov 5 with 1222 viewsWizaard

Sitting in Kings Cross as all trains suspended much like Tony McMahon. Not an exaggeration to say he cost us two points tonight.

At 2-0 we were comfortable, looking like we'd add to our lead. The sending off cost us dear. As I saw it, I'm not at all sure he made contact but the ref would have seen something out of the corner of his eye and reacted to the crowd. He shouldn't have been giving the ref the chance to send him off.

As a result, we went deeper and conceded an unnecessary goal following a poor touch from Daniels.

That goal was crucial as if we'd gone in two up I really think we'd have hung on. You can't fault the effort in the second half with Lewis making some fantastic saves but it was defence v attack for the whole half.

Positives to be taken from the performance but two points dropped.
Tonight on 23:22 - Nov 5 with 1204 viewsDon_K_Lasher

Good to hear some positive news, even if it was onlyfor the first 45 minutes.

Preston a City you're having a laugh! Preston a City you're having a laugh!

Tonight on 23:29 - Nov 5 with 1192 viewsribble

Thanks for that, Wiz. Good luck with getting home.
Tonight on 23:33 - Nov 5 with 1189 viewsWizaard

Tonight on 23:29 - Nov 5 by ribble

Thanks for that, Wiz. Good luck with getting home.

Cheers. Signalling problem at Finsbury Park. Just what we needed. If it goes on much longer, Wilf might have additional guests in his Earls Court hotel
Tonight on 00:10 - Nov 6 with 1159 viewsWizaard

Tonight on 23:33 - Nov 5 by Wizaard

Cheers. Signalling problem at Finsbury Park. Just what we needed. If it goes on much longer, Wilf might have additional guests in his Earls Court hotel

To add to how I saw it, defensively we were solid enough, sacrificing the width in favour of dealing with crosses as they came in. With Dunne, Daniels and Clarke in effect playing as a central three with Blackman as an auxiliary full back, we coped fairly comfortably in the main. Lundstram did a lot better than Saturday but didn't really get forward. Perkins made a difference in closing them down.

Up front, Miller was massive in the first half, with Murphy looking fast and dangerous off him.

All in all, real positives undone by a moments madness.

I ll go to Elland Rd thinking we can really do something.

Bring it on.

PS Just leaving Kings Cross. Should be home around 3.45
[Post edited 6 Nov 2014 0:37]
Tonight on 01:17 - Nov 6 with 1126 viewsBedfordseasider

Tonight on 00:10 - Nov 6 by Wizaard

To add to how I saw it, defensively we were solid enough, sacrificing the width in favour of dealing with crosses as they came in. With Dunne, Daniels and Clarke in effect playing as a central three with Blackman as an auxiliary full back, we coped fairly comfortably in the main. Lundstram did a lot better than Saturday but didn't really get forward. Perkins made a difference in closing them down.

Up front, Miller was massive in the first half, with Murphy looking fast and dangerous off him.

All in all, real positives undone by a moments madness.

I ll go to Elland Rd thinking we can really do something.

Bring it on.

PS Just leaving Kings Cross. Should be home around 3.45
[Post edited 6 Nov 2014 0:37]

Wiz If you're really stuck . Get to St Pancras & train to Bedford(they run until 2:30 ish I can you up .
Tonight on 01:31 - Nov 6 with 1119 viewsWizaard

Tonight on 01:17 - Nov 6 by Bedfordseasider

Wiz If you're really stuck . Get to St Pancras & train to Bedford(they run until 2:30 ish I can you up .

Cheers Ian. Thanks for the offer, but we've now set off. Due back to Leeds around 3.30. Work at 8.00
Tonight on 06:13 - Nov 6 with 1104 viewsstu

Thanks for that wiz, much appreciated. Could this be the start of a new dawn......

Tangerine is the new black

Tonight on 09:00 - Nov 6 with 1045 viewsWizaard

Tonight on 06:13 - Nov 6 by stu

Thanks for that wiz, much appreciated. Could this be the start of a new dawn......

Pretty sure that without the sending off we'd've won that.

We were comfortable until the red mist descended.
Login to get fewer ads

Tonight on 09:13 - Nov 6 with 1033 viewsLala

Tonight on 09:00 - Nov 6 by Wizaard

Pretty sure that without the sending off we'd've won that.

We were comfortable until the red mist descended.

Radio commentary was really positive, again they blamed Mcmahon totally for the loss of a game where we seemed to have real impetus. he didn't make contact according to the radio, but as you say, he shouldn't be reacting like that, does he have captaincy temperament ?

How did Ranger look ?

I feel quietly confident that Clark may have the management skills our squad now needs......after months of negativity between chairman and manager it must be refreshing to not have that negativity in the dressing room.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2014 9:16]

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Tonight on 09:44 - Nov 6 with 1012 viewsstraightatthewall

Tonight on 09:13 - Nov 6 by Lala

Radio commentary was really positive, again they blamed Mcmahon totally for the loss of a game where we seemed to have real impetus. he didn't make contact according to the radio, but as you say, he shouldn't be reacting like that, does he have captaincy temperament ?

How did Ranger look ?

I feel quietly confident that Clark may have the management skills our squad now needs......after months of negativity between chairman and manager it must be refreshing to not have that negativity in the dressing room.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2014 9:16]

In terms of the game, Wiz sums it up pretty much. We were doing well and causing them problems and then the sending off changed everything.

I wouldn't get too over optimistic just yet though. The players are the same ones who've been here all season and whatever anyone wants to say about positivity, the reality is, we still have far too many who aren't good enough.

Miller was much better last night though and you can see that when he's ready and willing to really put himself about he's more than a handful. The problem is, we're already well adrift and it will take promotion form till the end of the season to stop us going down. We simply aren't good enough to do that based on the current squad.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Tonight on 10:08 - Nov 6 with 999 viewsterminallytangerine

Tonight on 09:44 - Nov 6 by straightatthewall

In terms of the game, Wiz sums it up pretty much. We were doing well and causing them problems and then the sending off changed everything.

I wouldn't get too over optimistic just yet though. The players are the same ones who've been here all season and whatever anyone wants to say about positivity, the reality is, we still have far too many who aren't good enough.

Miller was much better last night though and you can see that when he's ready and willing to really put himself about he's more than a handful. The problem is, we're already well adrift and it will take promotion form till the end of the season to stop us going down. We simply aren't good enough to do that based on the current squad.

The mathematicians will correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that we will need to win half our games to stay up, a big ask after the poor start, so SATW is right to be cautious. We can but live in hope and it is still early days for the new manager.

All credit to those who went last night, and I hope Wizard has arrived home by now.

UTMP
Tonight on 10:29 - Nov 6 with 979 viewsstraightatthewall

Tonight on 10:08 - Nov 6 by terminallytangerine

The mathematicians will correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that we will need to win half our games to stay up, a big ask after the poor start, so SATW is right to be cautious. We can but live in hope and it is still early days for the new manager.

All credit to those who went last night, and I hope Wizard has arrived home by now.

UTMP

Without wishing to detract from what was generally a good performance by the 10 men, both goals were easily avoidable and that's a problem we have that MUST be fixed if we have any chance of surviving (which i don't think we do...) The irony is, both Daniels and Lewis look Championship quality to me, yet both were to blame for the goals (Clarke can also take a share for the 2nd.)

Tonight on 10:41 - Nov 6 with 970 viewsLala

Tonight on 10:29 - Nov 6 by straightatthewall

Without wishing to detract from what was generally a good performance by the 10 men, both goals were easily avoidable and that's a problem we have that MUST be fixed if we have any chance of surviving (which i don't think we do...) The irony is, both Daniels and Lewis look Championship quality to me, yet both were to blame for the goals (Clarke can also take a share for the 2nd.)

I think 10 men also contributed towards conceding 2 SATW..

Tonight on 10:46 - Nov 6 with 966 viewsstraightatthewall

Tonight on 10:41 - Nov 6 by Lala

I think 10 men also contributed towards conceding 2 SATW..

Of course it did. But the actual goals were soft and down to individual errors.

Tonight on 10:49 - Nov 6 with 962 viewsLala

Tonight on 10:46 - Nov 6 by straightatthewall

Of course it did. But the actual goals were soft and down to individual errors.

Yep - still not sure we would have conceded though, not at that point, if McMahon hadn't been sent off. Radio made it sound as though the first goal came from the space left by TM......and the players were bound to have been unsettled the moments immediately after the Red.

But you know more than me....you were actually there

Tonight on 11:10 - Nov 6 with 954 viewsstraightatthewall

Tonight on 10:49 - Nov 6 by Lala

Yep - still not sure we would have conceded though, not at that point, if McMahon hadn't been sent off. Radio made it sound as though the first goal came from the space left by TM......and the players were bound to have been unsettled the moments immediately after the Red.

But you know more than me....you were actually there

Lewis made plenty of good saves second half so he did his bit, but anytime you concede direct from a corner the keeper won't be happy about it.

Don't get me wrong either. The sending off was the biggie and it cost us 2 points. We'd looked good and comfortable up until that point.

Tonight on 11:23 - Nov 6 with 941 viewsLala

Tonight on 11:10 - Nov 6 by straightatthewall

Lewis made plenty of good saves second half so he did his bit, but anytime you concede direct from a corner the keeper won't be happy about it.

Don't get me wrong either. The sending off was the biggie and it cost us 2 points. We'd looked good and comfortable up until that point.

Stop being reasonable....it doesn't suit....

Tonight on 11:38 - Nov 6 with 933 viewsstraightatthewall

Tonight on 11:23 - Nov 6 by Lala

Stop being reasonable....it doesn't suit....

I try to be patient with you on account of you being a girl and all that.....

Tonight on 11:39 - Nov 6 with 931 viewsLala

Tonight on 11:38 - Nov 6 by straightatthewall

I try to be patient with you on account of you being a girl and all that.....

Tonight on 12:50 - Nov 6 with 884 viewsWizaard

Tonight on 09:44 - Nov 6 by straightatthewall

I thought Miller was much better because he had someone alongside him in Murphy who had real pace and could therefore threaten them. As a result we were further up the pitch because they had to drop deeper to counter the threat. Midfield could pick up the ball with a bit more space.and were therefore more creative.
The sending off lost us that as Miller became isolated, with Murphy playing deeper in a 441
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024