Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 12:34 - Nov 15 with 1166 viewsKOSBowlCut

Have to pick my daughter up from a birthday later and the wife offered because England were on (and then we'll have the joys of Strictly) but I said I'd do it because on a scale of 1-10 I'd say I'm about a 3. I'll watch th second half but with very little interest or emotion at the result.

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 12:36 - Nov 15 with 1165 viewsWizaard

I'll find out the result probably from here, but I won't go out of my way to watch.

I think my major gripe is ITV. They've never done football well.

Same 3
[Post edited 15 Nov 2014 12:36]
How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 12:52 - Nov 15 with 1153 viewsspooner

Wouldn't have missed either of the next two fixtures years ago, but am not interested, as we're now second-rate as a footballing nation....................................................

Yet I will be there on Saturday. As the Americans would say, "Go figure".

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 13:00 - Nov 15 with 1148 viewsTang67

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 12:52 - Nov 15 by spooner

Wouldn't have missed either of the next two fixtures years ago, but am not interested, as we're now second-rate as a footballing nation....................................................

Yet I will be there on Saturday. As the Americans would say, "Go figure".

Will watch the game against the Scotties - apart from that agree not first rate international team but still want them to do well my expectations are much lower these days and as a result enjoy it a bit more

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 13:52 - Nov 15 with 1141 views20togo

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 13:00 - Nov 15 by Tang67

Will watch the game against the Scotties - apart from that agree not first rate international team but still want them to do well my expectations are much lower these days and as a result enjoy it a bit more

an absolute ten. I just don't understand this lack of patriotism. Yes were not very good but all that tells me is too many of you are only fairweather supporters who only want to support a good and successful team. Maybe some of you are like that with Blackpool.
How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 17:12 - Nov 15 with 1114 viewsPlumbs

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 13:52 - Nov 15 by 20togo

an absolute ten. I just don't understand this lack of patriotism. Yes were not very good but all that tells me is too many of you are only fairweather supporters who only want to support a good and successful team. Maybe some of you are like that with Blackpool.

Its a big fat zero from me because I dont think the players play for the shirt anymore,where its last on the list after sorting boot deals etc and appearance money out first.

If that wasnt the case then the overpaid and out of touch players would donate all their England wealth to charity,or play for nothing so England fans only have to pay say £20 to go and watch them.

I also think theres enough money in the game for every club to be given free Wembley tickets to distribute amongst their season ticket holders.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2014 17:12]

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 17:17 - Nov 15 with 1108 viewswe_are_Superior

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 17:12 - Nov 15 by Plumbs

Its a big fat zero from me because I dont think the players play for the shirt anymore,where its last on the list after sorting boot deals etc and appearance money out first.

If that wasnt the case then the overpaid and out of touch players would donate all their England wealth to charity,or play for nothing so England fans only have to pay say £20 to go and watch them.

I also think theres enough money in the game for every club to be given free Wembley tickets to distribute amongst their season ticket holders.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2014 17:12]

Got it on but only cos there's a repeat of Children in Need on the other side!!

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 18:25 - Nov 15 with 1095 viewsOld_Laytonian

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 17:17 - Nov 15 by we_are_Superior

Got it on but only cos there's a repeat of Children in Need on the other side!!

D1ckheads
How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 18:43 - Nov 15 with 1091 viewsBloodtangerine

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 18:25 - Nov 15 by Old_Laytonian

D1ckheads

OldLaytonian.....what an aggressive response...people are allowed to think what they think

20s take your point (because if f suddenly a crop of players came through and the national team started tearing up trees we would all be back on the bandwagon tbh) however I was super patriotic and took time off work to watch, have been to see them a few times etc but now can only score a 3 or 4 tbh.....that may make me a bit if a flake but at least in this case an honest one

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Login to get fewer ads

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 18:53 - Nov 15 with 1084 viewsOld_Laytonian

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 18:43 - Nov 15 by Bloodtangerine

OldLaytonian.....what an aggressive response...people are allowed to think what they think

20s take your point (because if f suddenly a crop of players came through and the national team started tearing up trees we would all be back on the bandwagon tbh) however I was super patriotic and took time off work to watch, have been to see them a few times etc but now can only score a 3 or 4 tbh.....that may make me a bit if a flake but at least in this case an honest one

I did it on purpose to try and liven this place up and only you responded .

Apathy rules K.O
How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 19:26 - Nov 15 with 1077 viewsOldSkool

3 for me as well.
Uninspiring and tiresome. Not good to watch.
The flat atmosphere reflects the team.
How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 20:39 - Nov 15 with 1070 viewsBloodtangerine

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 19:26 - Nov 15 by OldSkool

3 for me as well.
Uninspiring and tiresome. Not good to watch.
The flat atmosphere reflects the team.

OL, didnt realise it was a tactical "dikhheads".... Fair play but this is a more serene site I believe...clearly I let myself down by even referencing your post!

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 20:47 - Nov 15 with 1063 viewsOld_Laytonian

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 20:39 - Nov 15 by Bloodtangerine

OL, didnt realise it was a tactical "dikhheads".... Fair play but this is a more serene site I believe...clearly I let myself down by even referencing your post!

Blood. One man's serene is another man's comatose
How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 20:57 - Nov 15 with 1060 viewsBloodtangerine

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 20:47 - Nov 15 by Old_Laytonian

Blood. One man's serene is another man's comatose

Girlfriend in a coma I know, I know its serious

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 21:13 - Nov 15 with 1053 viewsfleetwoodbry

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 20:57 - Nov 15 by Bloodtangerine

Girlfriend in a coma I know, I know its serious

Girlfriend Blood, does your good lady know??
How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 21:17 - Nov 15 with 1049 viewsBloodtangerine

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 21:13 - Nov 15 by fleetwoodbry

Girlfriend Blood, does your good lady know??

Jesus no!!

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 10:42 - Nov 16 with 1021 viewsWizaard

The thing is, the England management set up think that getting through qualifying is more important than how we do it.

We'll qualify, as we should from this group, then find that no-one actually at the tournament plays anything like the standard we've been putting in to scrape through.

As a result, we'll win one game at most int he group stage and be on the way home before the real tournament starts.

It's the obsession with the result over performance that means we'll always struggle because you can't just turn it on when you need to. A classic example was yesterday when we're 3-1 up with 20 minutes to go and he brings off Lallana for James Milner. Just what are you learning from that change? Berahino, Barkley etc must wonder what they have to do to get some game time. Instead, they'll probably be thrown into the maelstrom of Celtic Park on Tuesday, be unable to get any time on the ball as they get volleyed in the air by psycho Jocks, and Hodgson will think he's right all along.

We need to show some adventure and style, not ground out results against relatively footballing minnows.
How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 11:51 - Nov 16 with 1009 viewsBloodtangerine

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 10:42 - Nov 16 by Wizaard

The thing is, the England management set up think that getting through qualifying is more important than how we do it.

We'll qualify, as we should from this group, then find that no-one actually at the tournament plays anything like the standard we've been putting in to scrape through.

As a result, we'll win one game at most int he group stage and be on the way home before the real tournament starts.

It's the obsession with the result over performance that means we'll always struggle because you can't just turn it on when you need to. A classic example was yesterday when we're 3-1 up with 20 minutes to go and he brings off Lallana for James Milner. Just what are you learning from that change? Berahino, Barkley etc must wonder what they have to do to get some game time. Instead, they'll probably be thrown into the maelstrom of Celtic Park on Tuesday, be unable to get any time on the ball as they get volleyed in the air by psycho Jocks, and Hodgson will think he's right all along.

We need to show some adventure and style, not ground out results against relatively footballing minnows.

Totally agree Wiz

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 13:28 - Nov 16 with 1001 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

How interested in England on a scale of 1-10 on 11:51 - Nov 16 by Bloodtangerine

Totally agree Wiz

Zilch.

Can't stand the national team, no effort and majority are over-rated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024