Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The end of Cubero? 15:53 - Nov 20 with 1948 viewsFountain

He's now returned to Costa Rica for treatment on his ankle. Are we likely to see him come back? Somehow I fear the worst on this.

slap me on the patio

The end of Cubero? on 15:57 - Nov 20 with 1937 viewsThe_Ghost

But....Costa Rica has the best ankle treatment facilities in the world?

FACTASIGNEDTOSELLSEASONTICKETSAMUNDO
The end of Cubero? on 17:34 - Nov 20 with 1856 viewschesterbfc

Without wanting to sound like a supporter of our Mighty Chairman ,doesn't this type of behaviour/excuse play right into his hands? Add Davies, Chopra, McKenzie Oriels, Zenkov, into the mix ,all either cost money or good wages and he could sit back and make a valid questioning of his managers . We do seem to have picked some poo.
The end of Cubero? on 18:05 - Nov 20 with 1834 viewsFountain

Chopra was brought in Oyston. Fact.

As for the rest there is a debate to be had. Davies- well who sanctioned that- manager wants a player (probably because he's in and around budget) but sadly we have nobody between the Chairman and manager who can apply football logic to the deal. And that is where the problem lies.

As for the topic subject Cubero is not poo, far from it.

What we are seeing is a Men In Black moment from KO where he points his pen and tries to eradicate all memories of Riga from the Club. Foolish, stupid and sadly the new pupp...err...incumbent is complicit.

slap me on the patio

The end of Cubero? on 18:56 - Nov 20 with 1803 viewsThe_Ghost

The end of Cubero? on 18:05 - Nov 20 by Fountain

As for the rest there is a debate to be had. Davies- well who sanctioned that- manager wants a player (probably because he's in and around budget) but sadly we have nobody between the Chairman and manager who can apply football logic to the deal. And that is where the problem lies.

What we are seeing is a Men In Black moment from KO where he points his pen and tries to eradicate all memories of Riga from the Club. Foolish, stupid and sadly the new pupp...err...incumbent is complicit.

Cubero was probably one of the few that KO agreed to sign, before he said no, and gave Riga his own list.....
The end of Cubero? on 19:10 - Nov 20 with 1783 viewsmoney_money_money

The end of Cubero? on 17:34 - Nov 20 by chesterbfc

Without wanting to sound like a supporter of our Mighty Chairman ,doesn't this type of behaviour/excuse play right into his hands? Add Davies, Chopra, McKenzie Oriels, Zenkov, into the mix ,all either cost money or good wages and he could sit back and make a valid questioning of his managers . We do seem to have picked some poo.

Chester you really just don't get it do you? Oh well, enjoy League One !!
The end of Cubero? on 19:21 - Nov 20 with 1776 viewsterminallytangerine

The end of Cubero? on 18:05 - Nov 20 by Fountain

So Cubero's injury / saving himself for Costa / desire to abandon ship (whatever the reason) is the manager's fault?

The manager certainly seems to be committed to the course of avoiding relegation as far as we can judge and has certainly been working hard over the international break.

Credit where credit is due?
The end of Cubero? on 19:38 - Nov 20 with 1767 viewsOldSkool

Oyston probably hasnt paid the transfer fee yet, so had him sent home.
After all, he was Rigas player and Oyston would rather save the wonga.

OYSTON OUT!
The end of Cubero? on 20:05 - Nov 20 with 1735 viewsFountain

The end of Cubero? on 19:21 - Nov 20 by terminallytangerine

So Cubero's injury / saving himself for Costa / desire to abandon ship (whatever the reason) is the manager's fault?

The manager certainly seems to be committed to the course of avoiding relegation as far as we can judge and has certainly been working hard over the international break.

Credit where credit is due?

Firstly, Cubero missed the last round of I'nal matches (not this last one, the one before as well as this one) so that is hardly saving himself. And I have no doubt the injury is genuine.

Sorry but this smacks of getting rid, maybe by mutual consent and although it may suit KO and his Anti-Riga agenda Cubero is quite clearly a very good player. One who would enhance the teams chances, not hinder. Any manager worth his salt would work hard to make sure a player of his quality was happy to be here and play.

As for the manager working hard, moaning about the easiest thing to moan about; fitness. Good God any buffoon could give double training sessions and get them fitter. Even I could get them on the sandhills tell them to run up and down 10 times. And repeat ad infinitum. But therein lies a problem, fitness is necessary to a standard but not sufficient. Ability plays a bigger role.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 20:17]

slap me on the patio

Login to get fewer ads

The end of Cubero? on 20:56 - Nov 20 with 1704 viewsWizaard

The end of Cubero? on 20:05 - Nov 20 by Fountain

Firstly, Cubero missed the last round of I'nal matches (not this last one, the one before as well as this one) so that is hardly saving himself. And I have no doubt the injury is genuine.

Sorry but this smacks of getting rid, maybe by mutual consent and although it may suit KO and his Anti-Riga agenda Cubero is quite clearly a very good player. One who would enhance the teams chances, not hinder. Any manager worth his salt would work hard to make sure a player of his quality was happy to be here and play.

As for the manager working hard, moaning about the easiest thing to moan about; fitness. Good God any buffoon could give double training sessions and get them fitter. Even I could get them on the sandhills tell them to run up and down 10 times. And repeat ad infinitum. But therein lies a problem, fitness is necessary to a standard but not sufficient. Ability plays a bigger role.

On the couple of occasions he played, he looked like he could pass a ball to a team mate, therefore making him better than the majority of midfielders we've fielded this season.

Hopefully it is simply an injury and he'll be back. It's not like we're overloaded in that area.
The end of Cubero? on 21:18 - Nov 20 with 1682 viewsterminallytangerine

The end of Cubero? on 20:05 - Nov 20 by Fountain

Getting the players fitter. Shame that Saint Jose didn't think of it.

Agree about Cubero being a good player and agree about the need to keep him, but he may have decided he does't want to risk a relegation on his career.

Like you though Founts I'm only guessing.
The end of Cubero? on 21:55 - Nov 20 with 1666 viewsFountain

The end of Cubero? on 21:18 - Nov 20 by terminallytangerine

Getting the players fitter. Shame that Saint Jose didn't think of it.

Agree about Cubero being a good player and agree about the need to keep him, but he may have decided he does't want to risk a relegation on his career.

Like you though Founts I'm only guessing.

Guessing can be based on logic though and so become something more.

He has returned to Costa Rica. This after an international break which would have been the best time to send him back if treatment there was for the best. I'll pass on making the 'unless BFC were incompetent' remark.

mmmmm let me think....Eagles arrives, no doubt on good, if short term, money....Cubero goes home. Coincidence?

Wiz, 100% agree with you. I was genuinely excited by his arrival and with Joe Lewis coming in too. Sadly that was about it though.

slap me on the patio

The end of Cubero? on 00:17 - Nov 21 with 1644 viewshindu_seasider

The end of Cubero? on 21:55 - Nov 20 by Fountain

Guessing can be based on logic though and so become something more.

He has returned to Costa Rica. This after an international break which would have been the best time to send him back if treatment there was for the best. I'll pass on making the 'unless BFC were incompetent' remark.

mmmmm let me think....Eagles arrives, no doubt on good, if short term, money....Cubero goes home. Coincidence?

Wiz, 100% agree with you. I was genuinely excited by his arrival and with Joe Lewis coming in too. Sadly that was about it though.

Why would Cubero want to play for such a disfunctional/nowhere club like Blackpool?
The end of Cubero? on 01:23 - Nov 21 with 1637 viewsHarryHorse

The end of Cubero? on 00:17 - Nov 21 by hindu_seasider

Why would Cubero want to play for such a disfunctional/nowhere club like Blackpool?

Don't forget KO went on record to say he was going to get more closely involved with player signings to get "the right sort of character" of player into the club . He is therefore at least as responsible (if not more so) than the managers wrt incoming players
The end of Cubero? on 13:53 - Nov 21 with 1533 viewsArchibaldKnox

The end of Cubero? on 01:23 - Nov 21 by HarryHorse

Don't forget KO went on record to say he was going to get more closely involved with player signings to get "the right sort of character" of player into the club . He is therefore at least as responsible (if not more so) than the managers wrt incoming players

...probably irrelevant to the topic... However...

A combination of laziness, thickness, arrogance and charmlessness is deadly to all.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 23:22]
The end of Cubero? on 20:22 - Nov 21 with 1479 viewsHodderSeasider

The end of Cubero? on 13:53 - Nov 21 by ArchibaldKnox

...probably irrelevant to the topic... However...

A combination of laziness, thickness, arrogance and charmlessness is deadly to all.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 23:22]

I think there are a lot of conspiracy theorists on here. I think Cubero has a genuine injury. Lee Clark spoke highly of him the other night on Radio Lancashire. I don't think he his one of the players Clark wants rid of, quite the contrary I think he wants him in his team.
Clark talked about Cubero having an injection, which might help the ankle settle down!
The end of Cubero? on 17:02 - Nov 22 with 1417 viewswespens

The end of Cubero? on 20:22 - Nov 21 by HodderSeasider

I think there are a lot of conspiracy theorists on here. I think Cubero has a genuine injury. Lee Clark spoke highly of him the other night on Radio Lancashire. I don't think he his one of the players Clark wants rid of, quite the contrary I think he wants him in his team.
Clark talked about Cubero having an injection, which might help the ankle settle down!

If we can get him back and in the position where Perkins was then we might just give ourselves a bit of a chance.

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

The end of Cubero? on 20:39 - Nov 23 with 1355 viewsTwoPhillips

Would be a major boost if he does get fit and returns - be like a major new signing!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

The end of Cubero? on 21:20 - Nov 23 with 1344 viewstangersteve

The end of Cubero? on 20:39 - Nov 23 by TwoPhillips

Would be a major boost if he does get fit and returns - be like a major new signing!

good point wespens
perkins is weak
The end of Cubero? on 11:43 - Nov 24 with 1282 viewsSadallover

The end of Cubero? on 21:20 - Nov 23 by tangersteve

good point wespens
perkins is weak

Totally agree with some on here who say that a fit and performing Cubero really could unlock our midfield and bring in the forwards. Didn't Clark say he was just having an injection in Costa Rica?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024