Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Filth On Line 12:02 - Nov 27 with 5231 viewsVoiceofReason

I just paid a visit to our older neighbours this morning.

Umpteen posts about rapists, several sly references to Yew Tree and a certain prominent family, a gratuitous post about sexual positions, a couple of clearly uncouth and obsessive posters seemingly running wild and - if you are lucky - the odd post about football. I didn't venture past page one.

Is the site actually being moderated at all? It's deteriorating rapidly, anyway.
Filth On Line on 12:22 - Nov 30 with 1244 viewsArchibaldKnox

Filth On Line on 23:13 - Nov 29 by ArchibaldKnox

Next year will sort the sheep from the goats. Rage? Some will, most will treat the owners with the contempt they deserve. Apathy will rule when it comes to getting the credit card out. Very few will believe the ST renewal lies. Yep, a lot of the supporters will find an an alternate life for Saturday afternoon. Embarrassed as the Nobbers take our place in Div 2.

The single feature that Fansonline has that is much better than this site is the single page, of infinite length, for a thread. Once you go past page 1 here, posting interest seems to slow and drop off. As if people can't be bothered reloading newer pages. The convenience of quickly scrolling to the bottom of the single page to see the latest contribution is missed.
Filth On Line on 10:48 - Dec 1 with 1184 viewsLytham_FY8

Filth On Line on 12:22 - Nov 30 by ArchibaldKnox

The single feature that Fansonline has that is much better than this site is the single page, of infinite length, for a thread. Once you go past page 1 here, posting interest seems to slow and drop off. As if people can't be bothered reloading newer pages. The convenience of quickly scrolling to the bottom of the single page to see the latest contribution is missed.

The real AVFTT still knocks this place for six, I'm on there for a start which automatically makes any forum 10000% better.

Maybe you should actually READ the site before commenting.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 10:49]

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Filth On Line on 13:27 - Dec 1 with 1141 viewsWizaard

Filth On Line on 23:13 - Nov 29 by ArchibaldKnox

Next year will sort the sheep from the goats. Rage? Some will, most will treat the owners with the contempt they deserve. Apathy will rule when it comes to getting the credit card out. Very few will believe the ST renewal lies. Yep, a lot of the supporters will find an an alternate life for Saturday afternoon. Embarrassed as the Nobbers take our place in Div 2.

'Next year will sort the sheep from the goats. Rage? Some will, most will treat the owners with the contempt they deserve. Apathy will rule when it comes to getting the credit card out. Very few will believe the ST renewal lies. Yep, a lot of the supporters will find an an alternate life for Saturday afternoon. Embarrassed as the Nobbers take our place in Div 2.'

It makes me laugh that staying away completely is now deemed to be a better supporter than the sheep who go to games. On that basis, I'm a die hard Dagenham and Redbridge fan because I've never been to one of their games.

Secondly, there's an assumption that Preston are coming up. On the basis of what, exactly? I'm always suspicious of anyone who sees their ascendancy as a foregone conclusion
Filth On Line on 13:51 - Dec 1 with 1129 viewsArchibaldKnox

Filth On Line on 13:27 - Dec 1 by Wizaard

'Next year will sort the sheep from the goats. Rage? Some will, most will treat the owners with the contempt they deserve. Apathy will rule when it comes to getting the credit card out. Very few will believe the ST renewal lies. Yep, a lot of the supporters will find an an alternate life for Saturday afternoon. Embarrassed as the Nobbers take our place in Div 2.'

It makes me laugh that staying away completely is now deemed to be a better supporter than the sheep who go to games. On that basis, I'm a die hard Dagenham and Redbridge fan because I've never been to one of their games.

Secondly, there's an assumption that Preston are coming up. On the basis of what, exactly? I'm always suspicious of anyone who sees their ascendancy as a foregone conclusion

It's just speculation about what is likely to happen. Let me ask you a few questions, Wiz...
Dare you answer them ?

1. Do you think gates at Bloomfield Rd are going to increase or reduce next season?
2. Do you think all the current 1-year STs are going to renew. Or will the overall number of STs decline?
3. Will you believe what Karl Oyston says around ST renewal time in April '15?
4. As to BFC relegation vs PNE promotion, what do you think is the more likely combination? I'll grant that PNE usually spectacularly mess up play-offs but they have a manager who is fairly good at getting promoted out of the 3rd Div. He has done it with three different clubs now. I'd say it is 50:50 between us and the Nobbers swapping divisions and both clubs ending up in the 3rd Div.

Hey, don't judge as to who is a sheep or a goat. I go to every home match and a few away. And I have my own special reasons for probably continuing next season. As for those who refuse to attend next season out of rage at the Oystons, as many, if not more, will not bother next season out of apathy, especially if the numpties raise the ST price back to £359. That WILL be treated with contempt. Perhaps you'd be better off as a Daggers fan if that is your local club? You certainly don't seem to show much passion in response to the way our club is being run.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 13:58]
Filth On Line on 14:26 - Dec 1 with 1106 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Filth On Line on 13:51 - Dec 1 by ArchibaldKnox

It's just speculation about what is likely to happen. Let me ask you a few questions, Wiz...
Dare you answer them ?

1. Do you think gates at Bloomfield Rd are going to increase or reduce next season?
2. Do you think all the current 1-year STs are going to renew. Or will the overall number of STs decline?
4. As to BFC relegation vs PNE promotion, what do you think is the more likely combination? I'll grant that PNE usually spectacularly mess up play-offs but they have a manager who is fairly good at getting promoted out of the 3rd Div. He has done it with three different clubs now. I'd say it is 50:50 between us and the Nobbers swapping divisions and both clubs ending up in the 3rd Div.

Hey, don't judge as to who is a sheep or a goat. I go to every home match and a few away. And I have my own special reasons for probably continuing next season. As for those who refuse to attend next season out of rage at the Oystons, as many, if not more, will not bother next season out of apathy, especially if the numpties raise the ST price back to £359. That WILL be treated with contempt. Perhaps you'd be better off as a Daggers fan if that is your local club? You certainly don't seem to show much passion in response to the way our club is being run.

This debate is taking a turn for the predictable, I think.

That's a highly contrived set of questions AK, designed to get the answer you want. But the key point you make is actually in the last paragraph, where you actually demonstrate the futility of putting simplistic labels on people, who all have a variety of reasons for doing what they do. You've a set of opinions that make you lean in one direction, and a set of personal circumstances that make you veer back in the other. How you resolve it is your business, and I don't think it's anyone's place to tell you what you should do.

Unfortunately, the other site is full of people who think their way is the only way and condemn anyone who doesn't see life exactly as they do. And you are guilty of precisely the same fault in you parting shot, aren't you? Having a go at someone who travels from Leeds for every home game and rarely misses any away for lacking passion is just daft really. What do you think makes him do it, if it isn't passion? All you've done is to judge him - having told us all that we shouldn't.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Filth On Line on 15:11 - Dec 1 with 1079 viewsstraightatthewall

Filth On Line on 14:26 - Dec 1 by basilrobbiereborn

That's a highly contrived set of questions AK, designed to get the answer you want. But the key point you make is actually in the last paragraph, where you actually demonstrate the futility of putting simplistic labels on people, who all have a variety of reasons for doing what they do. You've a set of opinions that make you lean in one direction, and a set of personal circumstances that make you veer back in the other. How you resolve it is your business, and I don't think it's anyone's place to tell you what you should do.

Unfortunately, the other site is full of people who think their way is the only way and condemn anyone who doesn't see life exactly as they do. And you are guilty of precisely the same fault in you parting shot, aren't you? Having a go at someone who travels from Leeds for every home game and rarely misses any away for lacking passion is just daft really. What do you think makes him do it, if it isn't passion? All you've done is to judge him - having told us all that we shouldn't.

Are they really 'highly contrived'? Just some clear questions that the answers of which tell you what you need to know about the club.

If you want a contrived question I could ask you if you still want the Oyston's to succeed?

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Filth On Line on 15:24 - Dec 1 with 1075 viewsArchibaldKnox

Filth On Line on 14:26 - Dec 1 by basilrobbiereborn

Ahh BRR, reading your interpretation between the lines again. I certainly don't think the "better" supporters stay away from games. And Sheep v goats, it's just a biblical term conveying much the same as BS v VB perhaps. This season is certainly drawing a thicker line between the two.

But I was just expressing an opinion as to the likely overall behaviour of a significant sample of 4000 fans at the end of this season. And the questions were perfectly open and not weighted. Phrase your own questions, then. They are fairly basic ones. ST price, up, down or stay the same? Crowds, up, down or similar? What will Karlio say at the end of the season? I answered my last question on BFC vs PNE, the jury is out there, but a significant risk of embarrassment exists.

For the record, I think crowds will drop back to 6000 or perhaps less if we are relegated. If we do well next season and are challenging then then they will rise after Christmas. That's what happened before. Does it matter? Yes, it most certainly does. Leeds at home at night, full, a couple of seasons back? A terrific experience. These days? Anodyne. Next season, if nothing changes in the running of the club? More of the same as the last two and a half seasons.

As to Mr Wiz, I don't judge as to how committed this chap is. I know him not (I think). I said "You certainly don't seem to show much passion in response to the way our club is being run" As in, "show" here being the operative word. Perhaps he is just a little undemonstrative. Apologies, Mr Wiz, if my rejoinder to your Dagenham remark was tactless. And further apologies for talking about you here, as if you were deaf and dumb.
Filth On Line on 15:34 - Dec 1 with 1071 viewsArchibaldKnox

Filth On Line on 15:24 - Dec 1 by ArchibaldKnox

Ahh BRR, reading your interpretation between the lines again. I certainly don't think the "better" supporters stay away from games. And Sheep v goats, it's just a biblical term conveying much the same as BS v VB perhaps. This season is certainly drawing a thicker line between the two.

But I was just expressing an opinion as to the likely overall behaviour of a significant sample of 4000 fans at the end of this season. And the questions were perfectly open and not weighted. Phrase your own questions, then. They are fairly basic ones. ST price, up, down or stay the same? Crowds, up, down or similar? What will Karlio say at the end of the season? I answered my last question on BFC vs PNE, the jury is out there, but a significant risk of embarrassment exists.

For the record, I think crowds will drop back to 6000 or perhaps less if we are relegated. If we do well next season and are challenging then then they will rise after Christmas. That's what happened before. Does it matter? Yes, it most certainly does. Leeds at home at night, full, a couple of seasons back? A terrific experience. These days? Anodyne. Next season, if nothing changes in the running of the club? More of the same as the last two and a half seasons.

As to Mr Wiz, I don't judge as to how committed this chap is. I know him not (I think). I said "You certainly don't seem to show much passion in response to the way our club is being run" As in, "show" here being the operative word. Perhaps he is just a little undemonstrative. Apologies, Mr Wiz, if my rejoinder to your Dagenham remark was tactless. And further apologies for talking about you here, as if you were deaf and dumb.

As to separating the sheep from the goats in the biblical parable... the sheep were the good guys and the goats were cursed with eternal hell-fire.

So wrong way about. Haha. Not that I follow this mumbo-jumbo.

http://www.gotquestions.org/parable-sheep-goats.html
Login to get fewer ads

Filth On Line on 15:59 - Dec 1 with 1057 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Filth On Line on 15:24 - Dec 1 by ArchibaldKnox

AK

I don't agree with all of that but I appreciate you doing me the courtesy of a full and reasonable answer.

SATW - I'll answer your question. The answer is "yes" ; he's the chairman of the club and is likely to be so for the foreseeable future. I want him to be a successful chairman because the chances are that I get a successful club to follow as a result. What happens elsewhere in his business and outside life is something I know nothing and care very little about.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Filth On Line on 16:35 - Dec 1 with 1040 viewsWizaard

Filth On Line on 13:51 - Dec 1 by ArchibaldKnox

Dare you answer them ?

at is a reasonable price bracket.1. Do you think gates at Bloomfield Rd are going to increase or reduce next season?

It will all depend on which Division we're in and how we're playing. Obviously, if we go down, the gates will plummet, whereas if we stay up then they might just hold up, given that we'll be playing like world beaters to achieve it.

Not all will renew, just as they didn't when we came down from the Prem, but if we stay up...see above. Having committed to those buying two years as getting a discounted rate, I think prices will rise to something like the £350 of previous seasons regardless of Divisional status. I'd also add that is a reasonable price bracket.

What Karl Oyston says has never affected whether or not I buy a season ticket. I get one on the basis it saves me money, as I'd be going anyway.

4. As to BFC relegation vs PNE promotion, what do you think is the more likely combination?

On current form, the latter is more likely obviously, but there's a long way to go.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 16:39]
Filth On Line on 17:15 - Dec 1 with 1018 viewsArchibaldKnox

Filth On Line on 16:35 - Dec 1 by Wizaard

at is a reasonable price bracket.1. Do you think gates at Bloomfield Rd are going to increase or reduce next season?

It will all depend on which Division we're in and how we're playing. Obviously, if we go down, the gates will plummet, whereas if we stay up then they might just hold up, given that we'll be playing like world beaters to achieve it.

Not all will renew, just as they didn't when we came down from the Prem, but if we stay up...see above. Having committed to those buying two years as getting a discounted rate, I think prices will rise to something like the £350 of previous seasons regardless of Divisional status. I'd also add that is a reasonable price bracket.

What Karl Oyston says has never affected whether or not I buy a season ticket. I get one on the basis it saves me money, as I'd be going anyway.

4. As to BFC relegation vs PNE promotion, what do you think is the more likely combination?

On current form, the latter is more likely obviously, but there's a long way to go.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 16:39]

Somewhat non-committal. This might happen if that happens. Fair enough, though.
You would make a good politician.

BRR, just because you do not agree, does not make me wrong.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 18:19]
Filth On Line on 17:53 - Dec 1 with 1003 viewsThe_Ghost

Filth On Line on 15:59 - Dec 1 by basilrobbiereborn

AK

I don't agree with all of that but I appreciate you doing me the courtesy of a full and reasonable answer.

SATW - I'll answer your question. The answer is "yes" ; he's the chairman of the club and is likely to be so for the foreseeable future. I want him to be a successful chairman because the chances are that I get a successful club to follow as a result. What happens elsewhere in his business and outside life is something I know nothing and care very little about.

Robbie, would you agree that he should have walked away by now?
I know he's not going to go anytime soon, and can appreciate your viewpoint and resignation regarding that, but if he was under scrutiny from a higher power would you expect him still to be in his job?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 17:54]
Filth On Line on 18:03 - Dec 1 with 995 viewsstraightatthewall

Filth On Line on 17:53 - Dec 1 by The_Ghost

Robbie, would you agree that he should have walked away by now?
I know he's not going to go anytime soon, and can appreciate your viewpoint and resignation regarding that, but if he was under scrutiny from a higher power would you expect him still to be in his job?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 17:54]

An admirably honest answer Robbie and I can understand your 'logic'. It will never happen, but I can understand it...

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024