Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jefferson Montero 19:04 - Dec 4 with 2455 viewsMagicDaps

Has completed the third most take-ons of any Premier League this season with 42, only Alex Oxlade Chamberlain (43) and Eden Hazard (66) have taken on more players.

In terms of take-ons per minute, Jefferson Montero comes out on top as beating players more frequently than any other Premier League player.

(Name) - Take ons per 90 minutes

Jefferson Montero - 5.42
Eden Hazard - 4.88
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 4.71
Victor Moses - 4.56
Sergio Aguero - 3.44

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Jefferson Montero on 19:32 - Dec 4 with 2399 viewsRancid

I just hope he keeps it going for as long as possible.Running at full backs all game long and keeping it going is no mean feat.He'll get sussed out eventually so we should enjoy it while we can.I'd play Dyer and WR against West Ham and bring Jeff on second half sometime.
Jefferson Montero on 19:38 - Dec 4 with 2378 viewsParlay

Do you have a stat for highest % of successful take ons? Would seem a much more telling stat.

For example, if player A runs at his full back 30 times and get past him 10 times, that is worse than player B running at his fullback 10 times and getting past him 5 times - yet in this table player A would be further up the table.

Don't want to sound fussy but it does need context if its going to say anything about ability, otherwise it just shows style of play.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2014 19:43]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Jefferson Montero on 19:40 - Dec 4 with 2360 viewsRancid

It says successful take ones, so wouldn't that answer your question?
Jefferson Montero on 19:43 - Dec 4 with 2349 viewsJackfath

If he gets sussed eventually does that mean that defenders will have to double up on him? If so, that will leave room for other players to SMASH the ball into the net. No?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jefferson Montero on 19:44 - Dec 4 with 2346 viewsParlay

Jefferson Montero on 19:40 - Dec 4 by Rancid

No, because it doesn't show how many are unsuccessful. Ive edited my last post which explains why in greater detail.

Forum celebrity

Jefferson Montero on 19:47 - Dec 4 with 2326 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Jefferson Montero on 19:40 - Dec 4 by Rancid

Speaking for Parlay not really, because it doesn't calculate unsuccessful ones.

I would bet Montero would be at or near the top of that statistic, too.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Jefferson Montero on 19:49 - Dec 4 with 2314 viewsPozuelosSideys

Montero has probably had a lot less game time than many on that list.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Jefferson Montero on 19:50 - Dec 4 with 2306 viewsParlay

Jefferson Montero on 19:47 - Dec 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

Speaking for Parlay not really, because it doesn't calculate unsuccessful ones.

I would bet Montero would be at or near the top of that statistic, too.

Correct.

A bit like saying "player A" makes the most successful passes per game, nice stat on the surface but his pass completion % could only be 60%. Its better to have less successful passes and a higher pass completion % as it means you aren't giving the ball away and completing a higher % of your passes.

All that shows is that player A likes to pass the ball a lot of times and doesn't really tell you if he's any good at doing it or not. Its a stat which only shows style of play.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Jefferson Montero on 19:56 - Dec 4 with 2291 viewsRancid

Jefferson Montero on 19:43 - Dec 4 by Jackfath

If he gets sussed eventually does that mean that defenders will have to double up on him? If so, that will leave room for other players to SMASH the ball into the net. No?

Professional defenders will find a way of playing him eventually.He's having his honeymoon period at the moment and he's the unknown but he'll get ''sussed'' out in the end.I'd use him as a sub on Sunday and keep him on his toes.Monk's done a great job with our wingers so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024