Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conspiracy theories 12:26 - Jan 3 with 7296 viewsRogueTrooper

I always roll my eyes at them, but the fact that Cahill is escaping any punishment, for, what was clearly a deliberate kick at a prone player, then, consider the Sterling slap and bear in mind that Jonjo recieved a four match ban for a flailing arm, that, could have been an accident (it did occur behind his back after all) I'm finding it very difficult to maintain my scepticism.
Added to the fact that so many decisions this season have been at best dubious and at worst incompetent, I am starting to empathise with Chico for his dramatics (if Routs and Fernández would have reacted in the Way Chico usually did, I'm sure that both opposing players would have walked)
Garry, rightly in my opinion, has instilled an ethos which is currently in line with the "Respect" agenda in football, however it seems that the powers that be only respect the Mourinhos of this world. It's depressing, but, I think we are going about our business the right way and after this latest debacle, I think, for the foreseeable future, a referee or linesman will be reticent to interpret an incident in the oppositions favour.
I don't think the decisions have gone against us because we are a Welsh team although I am willing to entertain the notion that it's because we are a smaller team, the main reason is because we are not a bunch of diving, bullying bunch of serial appealers, and nor should we be. Mike Riley and his referees, clearly, have the ball in their court to improve their standards, and not buckle to cheats and bullies. I think the media are now starting to pick up on it too.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 12:35]

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Conspiracy theories on 16:19 - Jan 3 with 1476 viewsQuakerJack

Conspiracy theories on 16:15 - Jan 3 by ApeShit

I have no idea why it was done, but they can't exactly rescind Routledge's red card and then ban Cahill for the same offence.

And vice versa. Perhaps that's why it got rescinded.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Conspiracy theories on 16:31 - Jan 3 with 1458 viewsMusical_Swan

Conspiracy theories on 16:19 - Jan 3 by QuakerJack

And vice versa. Perhaps that's why it got rescinded.

Who knows anymore. They just seem to make the rules up as they go along.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Conspiracy theories on 17:01 - Jan 3 with 1440 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well now you have another, Tiendalli gets shoved over on to the ball trips the Tranmere player. Power comes in and kicks him, another Swans player comes in to stop any more kicking and Power takes a swing at him.
Tiendalli gets booked.
Work that one out.
Conspiracy theories on 17:05 - Jan 3 with 1438 viewsRogueTrooper

Conspiracy theories on 17:01 - Jan 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Well now you have another, Tiendalli gets shoved over on to the ball trips the Tranmere player. Power comes in and kicks him, another Swans player comes in to stop any more kicking and Power takes a swing at him.
Tiendalli gets booked.
Work that one out.

It's starting to get silly, errors are excusable, persistent errors are very difficult to excuse

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Conspiracy theories on 18:24 - Jan 3 with 1400 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Conspiracy theories on 16:15 - Jan 3 by ApeShit

I have no idea why it was done, but they can't exactly rescind Routledge's red card and then ban Cahill for the same offence.

In fairness Cahill had 3 serious goes at Kane on the floor

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Conspiracy theories on 19:15 - Jan 3 with 1381 viewskarnataka

Conspiracy theories on 16:19 - Jan 3 by RogueTrooper

I'm hoping the refs collectively "Grow a pair" making that approach unnecessary, sadly, it seems that rolling around, diving, cheating, appealing, surrounding the ref, waving imaginary cards in his face and endlessly complaining on match of the day gets the man in black to favour your team.

As I said earlier, I hope the referees realise that caving in to this sort of behaviour only encourages it and just because players aren't screaming in your face or waving their arms around like a bunch of air traffic control enthusiasts, it does not mean that their point is not valid.

An official with immediate access to replays has to be the answer for International matches and the top two tiers of football, as the current system has proved to no longer be reliable method of officiating, which is beginning to allow people to question the sport's integrity.

The system that is in place is still the one that was used decades ago i.e the ref makes all the decisions, right or wrong, and everyone only ever sees the incident once and in real time. Nobody made the sort of fuss we see nowadays though because the stakes were nowhere near as high as they are now. Things have moved on and technology has given us the opportunity to get things right and it is more important than ever before that they are right because the significance of decisions is so much higher with the money and status now up for grabs.

The system needs a major overhaul and, as you say, an official with immediate access to replays has to be the answer. I watch games using a PVR so I can rewind live transmissions instantly at the press of a single button and replay something that's just happened then press another button and I'm back to live and that's not a sophisticated system but it works. At games, an official should be able to watch instant replays of incidents as viewed from half a dozen different camera angles and the technology to do that has already existed for a long time.
Conspiracy theories on 19:26 - Jan 3 with 1369 viewsMusical_Swan

Conspiracy theories on 19:15 - Jan 3 by karnataka

The system that is in place is still the one that was used decades ago i.e the ref makes all the decisions, right or wrong, and everyone only ever sees the incident once and in real time. Nobody made the sort of fuss we see nowadays though because the stakes were nowhere near as high as they are now. Things have moved on and technology has given us the opportunity to get things right and it is more important than ever before that they are right because the significance of decisions is so much higher with the money and status now up for grabs.

The system needs a major overhaul and, as you say, an official with immediate access to replays has to be the answer. I watch games using a PVR so I can rewind live transmissions instantly at the press of a single button and replay something that's just happened then press another button and I'm back to live and that's not a sophisticated system but it works. At games, an official should be able to watch instant replays of incidents as viewed from half a dozen different camera angles and the technology to do that has already existed for a long time.

I agree with what your saying, but I can't ever remember this many glaring mistakes on a weekly basis.

The standard at the moment really is abismal.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Conspiracy theories on 20:17 - Jan 3 with 1352 viewscurleigh

Conspiracy theories on 15:30 - Jan 3 by Musical_Swan

Lol'd at the three wise monkeys approach.

The fact that a bad desicion can't be over turned simply because the referee had seen the incident has always baffeled me. Surely if a ref gets it wrong and it's proven with replays, said ref should then be disciplined? Instead his version of events gets backed by his superiours by default!!!

Fcking crazy!!!

good post
Login to get fewer ads

Conspiracy theories on 20:40 - Jan 3 with 1329 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Conspiracy theories on 19:26 - Jan 3 by Musical_Swan

I agree with what your saying, but I can't ever remember this many glaring mistakes on a weekly basis.

The standard at the moment really is abismal.

Think it just proves what we all thought when the "Premier refs" used to do the odd game in the lower leagues that they are generally worse than the majority of refs throughout the leagues

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Conspiracy theories on 20:42 - Jan 3 with 1328 viewsBloodyhills

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but the standard of refereeing is extra crap this season. I think the problem is that referees and their ref association are cowards ( bottling bast@rds} and always take the path of least resistance.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024