Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What has Monk & Co done to us??? 16:59 - Feb 1 with 21979 viewsUplandsJack

At game today and oh my god we are SHIT!!!
We are simply unrecognisable to the team of recent times...
We are playing with a back 3 (as Taylor is cooking useless)
And a front 2 of Gomis & Shelvey... Dyer might as well be at
Home the use he is... We are just kicking the ball upfield and
Giving away possession for them to attack again and again...
14% possession is an all time low for us while in PL...
The only suprise so far is that we are still in in ( of sorts) as its 0-0...
Let's hope the 2nd half offers us travelling Jacks a lot more!!!
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 20:16 - Feb 1 with 1765 viewsacejack3065

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 20:09 - Feb 1 by Parlay

Anyone who bases or confirms their opinion on what SKY pundits say - terrify me.

Might be a little harsh on Gary Neville but not so much on Jamie Carragher.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 20:17 - Feb 1 with 1749 viewsParlay

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 20:13 - Feb 1 by football2301

your view as usual aint worth a w nk

Incorrect. As i am one of the only posters capable of giving an objective view, my opinion is probably among - if not THE - most valuable.

Nice contribution though

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 20:21 - Feb 1 with 1758 viewsJokeren1943

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:19 - Feb 1 by macthejack

When Laudrup employed these exact same tactics he was hailed as a genius.

People just don't like Garry Monk, which is strange considering what he's done for the club. The OP can sod off and support someone like Cardiff. Good enough for you! Or try another sport football clearly isn't bringing you much joy. Crack a smile you miserable gits ;)

The waste majority of Swansea fans like Monk.

we just suck in the moment, because of injuries (and the selling of our star striker).
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 20:26 - Feb 1 with 1722 viewsperchrockjack

Jokeren.

Oh it doesn't matter

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 21:52 - Feb 1 with 1661 viewshydraulicjack

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:45 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

Who the fu.k u callung a nob.
U were talking sh.t saying they are 4th.
And wile we did better in the second and won? It dont hide the fact the last time we played well was spurs.
So before u get all fecking brave and abusive think about what u are saying

They are 4th I wasn't talking sh.t and it looks like more people agree with me than you. He did what he could with a very under strength team. Yes we didn't play well 1st half but stole the 3 points with a very good tactical display from both the team and the manager

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 22:22 - Feb 1 with 1619 viewsdobjack2

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:19 - Feb 1 by macthejack

When Laudrup employed these exact same tactics he was hailed as a genius.

People just don't like Garry Monk, which is strange considering what he's done for the club. The OP can sod off and support someone like Cardiff. Good enough for you! Or try another sport football clearly isn't bringing you much joy. Crack a smile you miserable gits ;)

No he was criticised for getting the team tactics and selection wrong to start with and then putting it right at half time.

The difference was that today we staggered into half time 0-0 and under our previous manager we were generally one or two down.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 22:30 - Feb 1 with 1600 viewsBobJack

Op

Are you a Python, "Life of Brian " fan

What have the Romans ever done for us? This could end the same way.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 11:35 - Feb 2 with 1461 viewsUplandsJack

Ok so it the following morning and having read all your replys/responses to my OP.
I'm honestly not surprised at the slagging off of what I posted... As is always the case to anyone who doesn't follow the masses and has a differing opinion. I simply wrote what I saw played out in front of me...Funny though how many of the posts posted on this thread were negative towards my OP (large majority) , after we had pinched the win... Wonder how the reaction would have been if we had let a couple in and lost...
#Also for Mattthejack. I respect your opinions as your own despite frequently not agreeing with them... But young man please refrain from telling me to sod off and support another team... (As I know who you are and where you live... Only joking) But seriously you need to learn to respect another persons opinion!!!
If anyone can state that we looked anything like a team in control, playing good passing football in that 1st half, well then I'll call you a liar. Plain and simple... Yes we dug in and defended for our lives which was a positive and good to see, especially after recent games. But on plenty of other days we could easily have been 2 / 3 nil down by half time had S'ton converted the endless opportunities they developed.
Now moving on to the 2nd half we came out a different team. Got the ball down on he ground and started to get our passing game going which led to more ball retention ... ( dare I say like our old selves) and we got an even if not slight advantage in controlling the game.. Thus we started to offer a threat and a few chances came, ending up with JJS getting his great goal.
At the end of the day a fantastic 3 points that I and majority in attendance and those watching at home honestly didn't expect...
Finally, I do believe GM' s post match comments that these were his tactics, but as I've seen other posters elsewhere state, they were very risky tactics indeed that thankfully this time paid off.
I also understand we were very light in midfield ( till next week anyway) and also out wide with Dyer being utterly, utterly useless ( Barrow thankfully offered a threat again with his lightning paced runs) But that doesn't mean you got to like watching 1st half performances like we saw yesterday...
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 12:06]
Login to get fewer ads

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 11:52 - Feb 2 with 1441 viewsdantheswansman

Woulda,coulda,shoulda, tactics worked like a charm , we got three points . when i doubt anyone had us down too. personally think Shelvey and Gomis played well together.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 12:08 - Feb 2 with 1410 viewsUplandsJack

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 11:52 - Feb 2 by dantheswansman

Woulda,coulda,shoulda, tactics worked like a charm , we got three points . when i doubt anyone had us down too. personally think Shelvey and Gomis played well together.

Don't disagree with the last part about Shelvey & Gomis ....
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 12:10 - Feb 2 with 1406 viewskopperburgjack

Why the FUK are you on planet swans at the footie.. Everything that's wrong with football at the moment !!

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 12:20 - Feb 2 with 1385 viewsTom1912

We were terrible for 15 minutes, then settled down and soaked up the pressure well.

For all Southampton's possession, they only really had one good chance in the first half-the shot which Fabianski saved with his foot. And they didn't have many more in the second, with the one Williams cleared off the line twice being the only really dangerous one.

Considering we have some key players missing, and how good Southampton's home form is, we did really well to come away with 3 points there. The tactics were perfect-we just took a bit of time to settle down. We certainly deserved at least a point and fortunately, Shelvey's excellent effort got us the 3.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 12:26 - Feb 2 with 1370 viewsLeonisGod

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 12:20 - Feb 2 by Tom1912

We were terrible for 15 minutes, then settled down and soaked up the pressure well.

For all Southampton's possession, they only really had one good chance in the first half-the shot which Fabianski saved with his foot. And they didn't have many more in the second, with the one Williams cleared off the line twice being the only really dangerous one.

Considering we have some key players missing, and how good Southampton's home form is, we did really well to come away with 3 points there. The tactics were perfect-we just took a bit of time to settle down. We certainly deserved at least a point and fortunately, Shelvey's excellent effort got us the 3.

Agreed. Games like this will allow us to hopefully relax a bit more at home and express ourselves. We'd all like to see more attractive footie, but sometimes you have to earn the chance to do that. Having most of your first choice midfield and wingers out is a time to dig in and get the result. A point would have been massive yesterday, 3 is beyond reasonable expectation. Now let's not take our eye off the ball and fcuk up against Sunderland. These were the sort of games at home that we used to be able to put to bed 2 or 3-0.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 12:48 - Feb 2 with 1343 viewsperchrockjack

to be as shyte then to grow into9 the game shows we have something about us..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 12:57 - Feb 2 with 1341 viewsUplandsJack

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 12:10 - Feb 2 by kopperburgjack

Why the FUK are you on planet swans at the footie.. Everything that's wrong with football at the moment !!

Because it was halftime and I wanted to share my opinion of the 1st half with fellow posters...
Is that ok with you Kopperburg?
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 13:17 - Feb 2 with 1310 viewsPrivate_Partz

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 12:20 - Feb 2 by Tom1912

I agree with this. I have some concerns that our passing and pressing game is not as good as it was and this in turn puts greater pressure in the defence. I also accept that we have had a badly depleted team over the last month of so and I think yesterday's smash and grab was in fact the correct tactic to play. I can recall The Waiter having similar issues because we did not turn up and play pretty football thereby allowing them to walk through us.
If when Ki, Britton, Cork etc are regularly playing and we are still losing our traditional style of play and haemorrhaging points then that will be the time to worry. Let's see how things pan out. We have an excellent points tally and we really should be safe now. There will be plenty of time for surgery if it does all go wrong.
We need a plan B and this is it. I recall we did something very similar in what was arguably one of our best performances away. A two nil win at Aresenal with late goals from Michu.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 13:20 - Feb 2 with 1305 viewsC_jack

In the stadium, that was tough to watch and to a man/woman the majority thought that we were awful in the first half. The atmosphere in the away end resembled that, deathly quiet with very little to sing, chant or even applaud.

How the general opinion can differ so differently with those who watched it on the box is strange, but interesting.

I don't know why, but there's a straight jacket on the team at the moment. We're not scrapping for points or the like so why don't we just go out and play? We're good enough to do that from the start of games, and its so frustrating watching players play within themselves, going against their instinct and skills.

We're nice and cwtch in the table without any chance of going up or down many places, I would be pigging chuffed if Garry just took the chains off from now on and let the players express themselves.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 13:24]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 13:26 - Feb 2 with 1290 viewsUplandsJack

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 13:20 - Feb 2 by C_jack

In the stadium, that was tough to watch and to a man/woman the majority thought that we were awful in the first half. The atmosphere in the away end resembled that, deathly quiet with very little to sing, chant or even applaud.

How the general opinion can differ so differently with those who watched it on the box is strange, but interesting.

I don't know why, but there's a straight jacket on the team at the moment. We're not scrapping for points or the like so why don't we just go out and play? We're good enough to do that from the start of games, and its so frustrating watching players play within themselves, going against their instinct and skills.

We're nice and cwtch in the table without any chance of going up or down many places, I would be pigging chuffed if Garry just took the chains off from now on and let the players express themselves.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 13:24]

Thankyou Im Glad it wasn't just me and my friends who stood in the stadium during that 1st half shaking our heads and thinking what is going on... (Even with the injuries/missing players)
Still we ALL left at the end with beaming smiles on our face...
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 13:28]
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 13:33 - Feb 2 with 1266 viewswhiterock

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 17:04 - Feb 1 by Parlay

Agree with your sentiments but not your stats. We have 33% possession not 14%.

But it is a bit terrifying how far backwards we look to be going. This doesnt seem like a period of transition which i was expecting, more a change of philosophy that isnt working. We seem a little lost as to what we are supposed to be doing.

I dont understand why we continually refuse to reapply the successful pressing we had become accustom to. It generates urgency, more possession, allows us to be more comfortable on the ball as we have it more and dont allow the opposition to settle into a pattern.

It is a gaping hole in our tactics and cant understand for the life of me why it isnt being adressed.

This one must have hurt you more than most ;0) tactics were spot in from most quarters.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 13:39 - Feb 2 with 1243 viewsUplandsJack

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 13:33 - Feb 2 by whiterock

This one must have hurt you more than most ;0) tactics were spot in from most quarters.

Why do some of you seem to take great pleasure in rounding on individuals who's opinion differs to the majority... I don't agree with some of Parleys posts but don't look to stick the knife in at every given opportunity ... Pretty sad really
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 13:44 - Feb 2 with 1231 viewswhiterock

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 13:39 - Feb 2 by UplandsJack

Why do some of you seem to take great pleasure in rounding on individuals who's opinion differs to the majority... I don't agree with some of Parleys posts but don't look to stick the knife in at every given opportunity ... Pretty sad really

I apologised to the guy yesterday but his negativity just brings me down, why and when is he every going to have a good word to say about Swansea City, our team, one that I am proud of.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 14:09 - Feb 2 with 1186 viewsairedale

As another poster has already said, I have 4 excellent words about Swansea City FC.

Qoute: 'Ashley The Alamo Williams'.

Made me smile that.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 14:09 - Feb 2 with 1179 viewsParlay

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 13:44 - Feb 2 by whiterock

I apologised to the guy yesterday but his negativity just brings me down, why and when is he every going to have a good word to say about Swansea City, our team, one that I am proud of.

How was i negative?

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 14:25 - Feb 2 with 1164 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This reminds me of when I was in my twenties. I had been taught to play Chess by my Father & Brother, we would quite often sacrifice a Major piece to open up the King's position to attack him.
I then played the ex Sussex Chess Champion, when I sacrificed a piece in an attack he promptly Swapped off every major piece until he was left with one piece and I had none.
When I asked him why he "spoilt" the game in that way he calmly said "it is called WINNING.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 14:29 - Feb 2 with 1156 viewssixpenses

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 14:25 - Feb 2 by A_Fans_Dad

This reminds me of when I was in my twenties. I had been taught to play Chess by my Father & Brother, we would quite often sacrifice a Major piece to open up the King's position to attack him.
I then played the ex Sussex Chess Champion, when I sacrificed a piece in an attack he promptly Swapped off every major piece until he was left with one piece and I had none.
When I asked him why he "spoilt" the game in that way he calmly said "it is called WINNING.

Ah get it now that explains all the red cards
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024