Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... 13:17 - Feb 3 with 7927 viewsTrundle10

Shelvey for me, more direct and will work harder in defence. Him and Gomis looked a good pairing v Saints too.

*stands back and waits to get slaughtered.......
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 16:03 - Feb 3 with 1547 viewspencoedjack

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:55 - Feb 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

JJS is our most naturally gifted player no doubt , he has it all in his locker , he just needs to get it together .
I read he covered more ground Sunday than everyone in the team bar Tom Carrol .

Tom for once I disagree with you ......

Gylfi IMO is more naturally gifted (a nice problem for Garry to have).

The most disappointing part is that with all players fit, I believe we had a great chance in the FA cup this year where all players could got game time.
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 16:04 - Feb 3 with 1544 viewspremierjack

Is this a serious thread??

Are we talking about the lazy, unfit and ill diciplined shelvey that most swans fans called him the last few weeks??? One decent game, a good strike and a cracking goal and now he's keeping our most creative player out of the team??

What a load of bollocks!! Gylfi is twice the player shelvey is ...

Just so you know, I'm a fan of shelvy too
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 16:15 - Feb 3 with 1522 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 16:04 - Feb 3 by premierjack

Is this a serious thread??

Are we talking about the lazy, unfit and ill diciplined shelvey that most swans fans called him the last few weeks??? One decent game, a good strike and a cracking goal and now he's keeping our most creative player out of the team??

What a load of bollocks!! Gylfi is twice the player shelvey is ...

Just so you know, I'm a fan of shelvy too

In fairness, those "ill disciplined" criticisms of JJS are mostly based on his performances as a DM. Obviously not the right position for a guy who is simply not a very good tackler.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 16:42 - Feb 3 with 1500 viewsJokeren1943

Gylfi is a far better and more mature player in his position then Shelvey.

And

The partnership with Shelvey and Ki on the central midfield has worked perfectly so far. Why fucck it up?.
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 16:42 - Feb 3 with 1500 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 16:03 - Feb 3 by pencoedjack

Tom for once I disagree with you ......

Gylfi IMO is more naturally gifted (a nice problem for Garry to have).

The most disappointing part is that with all players fit, I believe we had a great chance in the FA cup this year where all players could got game time.

How dare you disagree with me

Stop slagging me off
How much money do you earn
Your a c@@t
I've sent you a pm
I'm off to another forum .

Sorry I just caught PS itus .

Shelvey ability to drift past players is his better quality let's say .
As you rightly stated he's been the whipping boy this season to much as a point they look for every mistake and every time he tries to something that doesn't come off the haters & slaters vent .
Shame really .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 16:47 - Feb 3 with 1495 viewslibertine

agreed,

Siggy has been consistent for us and then when hes out of position as in Blackburn he loses it aswell as jjs who likes to play AM aswell.

there is always play the way Barca do sometimes ie without a striker.

that's something we've never done, is it?

I don't mean when one gets sent off
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 17:11 - Feb 3 with 1478 viewssully49

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 16:15 - Feb 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

In fairness, those "ill disciplined" criticisms of JJS are mostly based on his performances as a DM. Obviously not the right position for a guy who is simply not a very good tackler.

Great point, I've never considered it from that viewpoint.

JJS has an enormous amount of work to do to put aside the bad boy his image and liability he has been since his arrival, we've all seen him hit 40 yard ball on to the toe of someone and then, it's not red mist, he just simply loses the plot. However, for him to achieve all this he simply has to be given game time and nobody can base their views purely on the last game. Will GM be able/willing to do this, I have my doubts.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 17:25 - Feb 3 with 1464 viewsNookiejack

Its got to be SIggy. His set pieces are better. His shooting is same as Shelvey (Compare his Blackburn goal to Shelvery's Soton goal). He is much better defensively - in our attacking mid field role - his stats say he has covered 13km in a number of games - which is most for all our players. He then has 6 or 7 assists already this season.

Shelvey looks over weight and doesn't seem quick and agile enough for defensive midfield role. Fulton seemed so much faster and dynamic. Because it looks like he could do with losing some pounds - extra weight appears to be causing him to get knackered out in 2nd half. If he lost that weight then think he would be much sharper and last longer in games.

Shelvey is definitely our best option in attacking midfield role until SIggy comes back - but then in my view should replace Siggy about 65-70 minute in games. Really think with Ki, Cork, Carroll and Fulton - we don't need him in defensive midfield role - going forward.
Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 19:15 - Feb 3 with 1425 viewsPrivate_Partz

What a great choice for a manager to have with two top goal scoring winners in their side. Rotate I say. Keep em both hungry and on top of their game. I am a fan of both.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 19:23 - Feb 3 with 1422 viewsTrundle10

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:22 - Feb 3 by Uxbridge

I'm still struggling with this Shelvey offers us something in defence argument.

Yet in the programme q and a sessions he is consistently listed as best and hardest tackler by his peers?
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 19:28 - Feb 3 with 1415 viewseddie71

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:11 - Feb 3 by football2301

fab

naughton fernandes ash taylor

briton cork ki

shelvey siggy

gomis

We are losing Montero then though and Villarreal is an example of what can happen when we mess about with a formation that we have utilised for years. I am not against trying it but I just cant see it working.
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 19:39 - Feb 3 with 1404 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 19:23 - Feb 3 by Trundle10

Yet in the programme q and a sessions he is consistently listed as best and hardest tackler by his peers?

Because defending is about tackling.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 20:00 - Feb 3 with 1391 viewsTrundle10

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 19:39 - Feb 3 by Uxbridge

Because defending is about tackling.

Ultimately yes. Thats the idea. Running about like a headless chicken is great but it is about winning the ball back bottom line
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 20:38 - Feb 3 with 1372 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 20:00 - Feb 3 by Trundle10

Ultimately yes. Thats the idea. Running about like a headless chicken is great but it is about winning the ball back bottom line

In the 4th division maybe .

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 20:46 - Feb 3 with 1366 viewsTrundle10

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 20:38 - Feb 3 by Uxbridge

In the 4th division maybe .

At all levels friend
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 20:50 - Feb 3 with 1355 viewsdameedna

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:04 - Feb 3 by football2301

i think with our wide players not performing at the moment and we are close to safety i would like us to experiment with fab
naughton fernandes ash taylor cork briton ki
shelvey siggy
gomis

especially at home

nice
have seen Siggy on the wing a few times
Ledley plays there to good effect
makes way for Siggy, Shelvey and Gomis to join the attack easily with Montero providing the ammo
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 21:04 - Feb 3 with 1340 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 20:46 - Feb 3 by Trundle10

At all levels friend

I'd pick positional sense, being able to read the game and being able to pass to a teammate being more desirable attributes at the top level for a defender personally. There's a reason Bartley isn't in our starting XI as well, friend.

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 21:20 - Feb 3 with 1319 viewsbuilthjack

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:11 - Feb 3 by football2301

fab

naughton fernandes ash taylor

briton cork ki

shelvey siggy

gomis

The famous Christmas tree

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 21:21 - Feb 3 with 1312 viewsfootball2301

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 21:20 - Feb 3 by builthjack

The famous Christmas tree

its worth a try as i said earlier we are hardly setting the world alight at the moment
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 21:22 - Feb 3 with 1312 viewsbuilthjack

Whoops, sorry timer, didn't see you got there first

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 21:29 - Feb 3 with 1299 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 21:22 - Feb 3 by builthjack

Whoops, sorry timer, didn't see you got there first

No worries!

This is now the 3rd time this week I've seen it proposed that we go with 5 midfielders and no wingers. This thread, ESPN's Swansea blog, and in another blog at theswanseaway.co.uk

Interesting...doesn't really make sense IMO though until Siggy comes back.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 21:33 - Feb 3 with 1292 viewsfootball2301

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 21:29 - Feb 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

No worries!

This is now the 3rd time this week I've seen it proposed that we go with 5 midfielders and no wingers. This thread, ESPN's Swansea blog, and in another blog at theswanseaway.co.uk

Interesting...doesn't really make sense IMO though until Siggy comes back.

yes only with siggy back but as i said our wide players have hardly been beating full backs and getting great crosses in have they? so worth giving it a try at home
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 21:58 - Feb 3 with 1257 viewsjack247

Sigurdsson, but there isn't that much in it for me.

Both can play the defence splitting pass, both can shoot, although Siggy is more consistent. Shelvey can smash it in the top corner or balloon it miles over. Siggy works a lot harder off the ball and just looks naturally fitter. Shelvey is better at retaining possession in tight situations. Shelvey is better at driving forward with the ball.

I wouldn't be that disappointed to see Siggy start but Shelvey come on for the last half hour.
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 22:57 - Feb 3 with 1214 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Play them both in a four man midfield as we only have one fit winger plus a centre forward.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 23:18 - Feb 3 with 1199 viewssomersetsimon

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:16 - Feb 3 by KingsJack

Hmm...

Sigurdsson
4 goals, 8 assists

Shelvey
2 goals, 1 assists

But how many times has Shelvey played as AM compared to Gylfi? I think AM makes the most of his abilities and doesn't show up his weaknesses as much.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024