Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket v Steward 11:05 - Feb 8 with 15615 viewsshandyjack

I leant my season ticket to my grandfather like I always do when I'm away in Lindon with work and never Ben an issue, yesterday though some woman steward decided to confiscate it off him. Anyone else ever have this issue?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2015 19:45]

Poll: Expectation for the season

Season ticket v Steward on 11:13 - Feb 8 with 5016 viewsjack247

No, but they did seem to inspect a lot more thoroughly than normal yesterday. Usually they just scan it, but the turnstile operator kind of sized me up a bit while reading it and then let me through. Not sure if they are having a crackdown, but I' wouldn't be surprised if they picked up people using friends and family tickets, especially a senior citizen/child using and adult ticket and vive versa.
Season ticket v Steward on 11:19 - Feb 8 with 4978 viewsDyfnant

The only issue they should have is if an adult tries to get in on a concession ticket, anything else make a complaint

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Season ticket v Steward on 11:27 - Feb 8 with 4957 viewsshandyjack

Just heard of at least 3 other people it happened too yesterday adult using adult

Season ticket v Steward on 11:31 - Feb 8 with 4943 viewsmonmouth

Season ticket v Steward on 11:27 - Feb 8 by shandyjack

Just heard of at least 3 other people it happened too yesterday adult using adult

Sorry, being thick, but how would they know?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Season ticket v Steward on 11:35 - Feb 8 with 4932 viewsjack247

Season ticket v Steward on 11:31 - Feb 8 by monmouth

If you are like 12 or 85, you shouldn't technically have an adult season ticket. I agree with Dynfant though, adults should be stopped from going in as concessions but not the other way round. I guess they want people who can't go to sell the tickets back to them so thry can resell rather than giving it to a mate
Season ticket v Steward on 11:54 - Feb 8 with 4886 viewsshandyjack

Season ticket v Steward on 11:31 - Feb 8 by monmouth

He was stopped in the ground on way to seat and asked to produce ticket, guess he looked shifty

Season ticket v Steward on 12:02 - Feb 8 with 4864 viewsJackfath

If they confiscated a normal season ticket as an OAP had it, then surely the club wouldn't give two hoots as the OAP would have paid full price instead of the discounted OAP price.

Seems a bit OTT in this instance.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Season ticket v Steward on 12:08 - Feb 8 with 4845 viewsDyfnant

Season ticket v Steward on 11:54 - Feb 8 by shandyjack

He was stopped in the ground on way to seat and asked to produce ticket, guess he looked shifty

So they took an adult ST off a grown man because it didn't have his name on it?

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket v Steward on 12:10 - Feb 8 with 4843 viewsshandyjack

Season ticket v Steward on 12:08 - Feb 8 by Dyfnant

So they took an adult ST off a grown man because it didn't have his name on it?

Yep, there was another man at the time having the same thing done and on Twitter a few others experienced same issue

Season ticket v Steward on 12:10 - Feb 8 with 4834 viewsJackfath

Season ticket v Steward on 12:10 - Feb 8 by shandyjack

Yep, there was another man at the time having the same thing done and on Twitter a few others experienced same issue

Crazy.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Season ticket v Steward on 13:19 - Feb 8 with 4722 viewsApeShit

Season ticket v Steward on 12:10 - Feb 8 by shandyjack

Why didn't he just tell them his name was the name on the ticket?

Something not adding up here.
Season ticket v Steward on 13:29 - Feb 8 with 4701 viewsmark555

Season ticket v Steward on 13:19 - Feb 8 by ApeShit

A lot stand out because its half way through the season and they don't know where their seat is.

If the stadium is expanded I can see the club really clamping down on this as they will want to sell all the extra seats that are available.
Season ticket v Steward on 13:42 - Feb 8 with 4665 viewscontroversial_jack

Season ticket v Steward on 13:29 - Feb 8 by mark555

A lot stand out because its half way through the season and they don't know where their seat is.

If the stadium is expanded I can see the club really clamping down on this as they will want to sell all the extra seats that are available.

I wouldn't have handed it over to some jobsworth Stewart. If the club want's to confiscate it let them go through the proper channels. I'll show it to them, but they aren't keeping it
Season ticket v Steward on 13:59 - Feb 8 with 4627 viewsshandyjack

Season ticket v Steward on 13:19 - Feb 8 by ApeShit

Because he's old and when approached he stated it was his grandsons who leant it to him

Season ticket v Steward on 14:10 - Feb 8 with 4574 viewssixpenses

Season ticket v Steward on 13:59 - Feb 8 by shandyjack

Because he's old and when approached he stated it was his grandsons who leant it to him

Complain it was stated on here that they had been told by the TO that it was OK to give ticket to another so long as not a more expensive category.

People do it all the time

Absolute stupidity and discrimination and must have been very upsetting and spoiled his day, disgraceful and reflects badly on the club

If I speak to the TO I will also raise this with them, totally unacceptable

Can the trust look into this
Season ticket v Steward on 14:27 - Feb 8 with 4529 viewsshandyjack

I now have to go to the TO with ID when I get back from base and before UTD game with ID to pick upy ticket, was told my Wife can't do it has to be me

Season ticket v Steward on 14:35 - Feb 8 with 4506 viewsDyfnant

Season ticket v Steward on 14:27 - Feb 8 by shandyjack

I now have to go to the TO with ID when I get back from base and before UTD game with ID to pick upy ticket, was told my Wife can't do it has to be me

Take some lube

Season ticket v Steward on 14:51 - Feb 8 with 4462 viewsjojaca

Season ticket v Steward on 14:35 - Feb 8 by Dyfnant

Take some lube

It happened to me last season when I borrowed my friends season ticket. I asked the Steward where my seat was and got a warning, but got a way with it. If I got told to hand season ticket back to club and told I could not watch the game, I would never step foot in the stadium again.

Even when you know, you never know?

Season ticket v Steward on 14:59 - Feb 8 with 4444 viewsjack247

Season ticket v Steward on 12:02 - Feb 8 by Jackfath

If they confiscated a normal season ticket as an OAP had it, then surely the club wouldn't give two hoots as the OAP would have paid full price instead of the discounted OAP price.

Seems a bit OTT in this instance.

It is very OTT.

In theory, Shandy could have sold it back to the club at cost price (£22 or whatever) and they could have resold it for £35. Bearing in mind the relative infrequency that someone can't go and gives their ticket to a child or an OAP, wouldn't have a mate to pass it onto and wants to sell it back to the club, it does seem a bit pedantic for a measly profit.
Season ticket v Steward on 15:36 - Feb 8 with 4368 viewsScoobyWho

This is a crazy ruling, you bought your seat for the season, surely you can give it to who you want. Not every club operates this policy.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Season ticket v Steward on 15:39 - Feb 8 with 4356 viewsPhil_S

Season ticket v Steward on 15:36 - Feb 8 by ScoobyWho

This is a crazy ruling, you bought your seat for the season, surely you can give it to who you want. Not every club operates this policy.

If itsa like for like swap (or even child using an adult ticket) then its a crap decision made for no real reason

Raise the issue with Matthew Daniel or Andrew Davies at Stadco, they will get it sorted for you
Season ticket v Steward on 15:43 - Feb 8 with 4341 viewsshandyjack

Season ticket v Steward on 15:39 - Feb 8 by Phil_S

If itsa like for like swap (or even child using an adult ticket) then its a crap decision made for no real reason

Raise the issue with Matthew Daniel or Andrew Davies at Stadco, they will get it sorted for you

Phil, it was an OAP using an adult

Season ticket v Steward on 16:09 - Feb 8 with 4251 viewsPhil_S

Season ticket v Steward on 15:43 - Feb 8 by shandyjack

Phil, it was an OAP using an adult

On that basis there is even less reason why they should take it off you

Its a concession using a full price ticket so get in touch with either/both of those people and they should sort it out
Season ticket v Steward on 16:12 - Feb 8 with 4233 viewsshandyjack

Season ticket v Steward on 16:09 - Feb 8 by Phil_S

On that basis there is even less reason why they should take it off you

Its a concession using a full price ticket so get in touch with either/both of those people and they should sort it out

Cheers phil

Season ticket v Steward on 16:19 - Feb 8 with 4213 viewshappysteward

Just as a reminder there are more ticketing issues for stewards to deal with than anyone appreciates. What if your ST was stolen and passed on. I am sure you would appreciate a 'Jobsworth' steward was to pick up on that with the checks we do. Would you be so quick to judge in that instance ? However, all being said, we are far more proactive now to ensure the right people are using the right tickets for many reasons. Also, just like car park tickets, your ST is non Transferrable. Also please do not be mistaken in thinking that because you pay for your seat in advance for the season, you are paying for your 'sole' use of that seat and not ownership of it. That seat and ticket remain the property of the stadium and we have the right to inspect and retain tickets as and when we see fit in accordance with the policies of the stadium. I hope that clears a few points up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024