Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now or never? 17:49 - Feb 9 with 11567 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Like almost all of our supporters, I think we have too much to do to get out of this predicament, but while there's life there's hope, as they say.

I do think we need to make inroads by the end of this month though to give ourselves any chance. Tomorrow is a tough start, but we also have home games against Forest, who are struggling for form, with PLW being the proverbial six pointer. Both the away games look tough, but local derbies don't always respect the form book and if - for arguments sake - we took seven points from these next five I think we might find ourselves nearer the pack above us. Leeds have three away out of the next four, Charlton's next four are pretty awful and Brighton are away twice this week. PLW play Charlton and ourselves this month. Millwall play Leeds and Rotherham. I suspect it's either going to get very condensed, or one or two of us are going to get cut adrift. We'll soon know.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Now or never? on 17:56 - Feb 9 with 8309 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

I'll skinny dip in Stanley Park lake if we even reach 35 points.
Now or never? on 18:32 - Feb 9 with 8265 viewsPNENIL

Now or never? on 17:56 - Feb 9 by BigHandsOliverKahn

I'll skinny dip in Stanley Park lake if we even reach 35 points.

If we had any semblance of a proper team then you could live in hope that maybe it could happen.
We don't though do we and we are getting exactly what we deserve , not as supporters but in the sense that if there is any justice in football we will be relegated.
A massive minus goal difference and one of the lowest points totals ever in the Championship will show the owners up for what they are, so I say amen to that .
When we came up to the championship in 2007 , the first couple of seasons are the most intense time ive had watching my football team . We didn't know if we really belonged at this level and we had to fight tooth and nail to stay there and I kicked every ball and pump fisted every tackle . It was exhilarating and I remember the sheer joy and intensity of it all.
To now see how cheaply and stupidly its all been thrown away is very hard to take . Like many im past caring until that family is out of here.
Now or never? on 18:41 - Feb 9 with 8238 viewsPlumbs

Good post Robbie. I spoke to a colleague of mine at the end of Jan and we agreed February would be the month when things took shape.Our Brighton game is a cup reschedule but it's our six pointer,and Forest I think we're badly managed by Pearce.
PLW have just brought in many fresh faces and I expect them to start winning under McKay.

Squeaky bum time

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Now or never? on 18:47 - Feb 9 with 8249 viewsstraightatthewall

Now or never? on 18:41 - Feb 9 by Plumbs

Good post Robbie. I spoke to a colleague of mine at the end of Jan and we agreed February would be the month when things took shape.Our Brighton game is a cup reschedule but it's our six pointer,and Forest I think we're badly managed by Pearce.
PLW have just brought in many fresh faces and I expect them to start winning under McKay.

Squeaky bum time

If the quality of football looks unlikely to save us then an absurd reluctance to stare facts in the face might just see us through....

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Now or never? on 19:11 - Feb 9 with 8219 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 18:47 - Feb 9 by straightatthewall

If the quality of football looks unlikely to save us then an absurd reluctance to stare facts in the face might just see us through....

It's just a very slightly upbeat post with all the caveats up front. If you find that absurd, there's always the ignore function.

Now or never? on 19:19 - Feb 9 with 8195 viewsPlumbs

Now or never? on 18:47 - Feb 9 by straightatthewall

I think you've tickled the trout straiters.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Now or never? on 19:38 - Feb 9 with 8188 viewsOsbourne

Now or never? on 19:11 - Feb 9 by basilrobbiereborn

It's just a very slightly upbeat post with all the caveats up front. If you find that absurd, there's always the ignore function.

I still think clark and Pool can do it, which of course means a very exciting and interesting finale to the 2014-15 season.

Still 51 points to play for. How many points do Pool need for survival? Let's say 44, which was survival last season. That is 24 points needed which is 8 wins out of 17 remaining games.

Home matches remaining are in order : Middlesbrough, Forest, Wigan, Charlton, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Reading, Fulham and Huddersfield.

The Bloomfield Road pitch has become a real "homer" for Pool. Why? Because the surface is so poor. Other championship sides are really not going to be able to play on it. Say we beat Boro and Forest this week. Home matches v Wigan, Charlton, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Reading, Fulham and Huddersfield are all winnable.

Pool are playing for 27 home points. The odd good result on the road and Pool are there.

I say, a chance of survival on the last day of the 2014-15 season, at Bloomfield Road v Huddersfield is still worth hoping for.

It is going to be difficult, but if O'Hara, Clarke and Davies stay fit, Clark and Pool could pull it off.

We will see!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2015 20:34]
Now or never? on 20:00 - Feb 9 with 8170 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 19:38 - Feb 9 by Osbourne

I still think clark and Pool can do it, which of course means a very exciting and interesting finale to the 2014-15 season.

Still 51 points to play for. How many points do Pool need for survival? Let's say 44, which was survival last season. That is 24 points needed which is 8 wins out of 17 remaining games.

Home matches remaining are in order : Middlesbrough, Forest, Wigan, Charlton, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Reading, Fulham and Huddersfield.

The Bloomfield Road pitch has become a real "homer" for Pool. Why? Because the surface is so poor. Other championship sides are really not going to be able to play on it. Say we beat Boro and Forest this week. Home matches v Wigan, Charlton, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Reading, Fulham and Huddersfield are all winnable.

Pool are playing for 27 home points. The odd good result on the road and Pool are there.

I say, a chance of survival on the last day of the 2014-15 season, at Bloomfield Road v Huddersfield is still worth hoping for.

It is going to be difficult, but if O'Hara, Clarke and Davies stay fit, Clark and Pool could pull it off.

We will see!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2015 20:34]

Good post. Not one that SATW would manage.

I think 44 is being a bit TOO hopeful, but 47 might be enough. I think we must win five or six at home to make that feasible - and that probably means beating one or maybe two teams that none of us fancy beating. And, of course, doing a bit better away.

Uphill all the way. But what was that about journeys and an single step?

Login to get fewer ads

Now or never? on 20:05 - Feb 9 with 8162 viewsWizaard

Now or never? on 20:00 - Feb 9 by basilrobbiereborn

Good post. Not one that SATW would manage.

I think 44 is being a bit TOO hopeful, but 47 might be enough. I think we must win five or six at home to make that feasible - and that probably means beating one or maybe two teams that none of us fancy beating. And, of course, doing a bit better away.

Uphill all the way. But what was that about journeys and an single step?

Home form is sustainable because of the diabolical pitch but away we're terrible, partly through choosing the wrong tactics and teams.

Apropos nothing, Bradford have a worse pitch than us.
Now or never? on 20:30 - Feb 9 with 8137 viewsTang67

Now or never? on 20:05 - Feb 9 by Wizaard

Home form is sustainable because of the diabolical pitch but away we're terrible, partly through choosing the wrong tactics and teams.

Apropos nothing, Bradford have a worse pitch than us.

Very optimistic post and mathematically possible - I just don't think we have the right players and off the pitch we stink
Still want us to do well as I'm wired that way but would there be any celebrations ?

The Oystons leaving would give me a bigger lift and more hopeful outlook

Both things happening would be the dream ticket

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Now or never? on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 8120 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Now or never? on 20:30 - Feb 9 by Tang67

Very optimistic post and mathematically possible - I just don't think we have the right players and off the pitch we stink
Still want us to do well as I'm wired that way but would there be any celebrations ?

I don't believe what I'm reading here.

We are not going to win all our home games against sides lower down the table, so where does that leave us?

We were useless against Norwich and they've been struggling for form, yet thrashed us.

BHOK mentioned 35 points,, christ we'll be lucky to hit 30.

We're down and a few pathetic 1-0 home wins on a sh*t turf is not going to alter that.
Now or never? on 20:46 - Feb 9 with 8120 viewsOsbourne

Now or never? on 20:30 - Feb 9 by Tang67

Tang67,

If survival does happen and it could, leaving Pool in the championship for 2015-16 season. Blackpool FC would at that point be put under real pressure to re-group.

Some are forgetting just how lucky Pool were to survive into the 2014-15 Championship. The 2-0 win v Wigan in April was a real freak result. The Pool fans and I was one of them, had bus tickets and match tickets provided for free!

If Pool had not won that penultimate match of the season v Wigan, Pool would of been relegated.

It is unbelievable that Blackpool FC did not re-group for the 2014-15 campaign, but Pool didn't. Whether Pool will be so lucky this season, I am not so sure. Mathematically though, Pool are still just about in the mix. But, time is running out. May be it will be the Bloomfield Road ploughed field which saves the day. Lets hope so.
Now or never? on 21:12 - Feb 9 with 8074 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Now or never? on 20:46 - Feb 9 by Osbourne

Tang67,

If survival does happen and it could, leaving Pool in the championship for 2015-16 season. Blackpool FC would at that point be put under real pressure to re-group.

Some are forgetting just how lucky Pool were to survive into the 2014-15 Championship. The 2-0 win v Wigan in April was a real freak result. The Pool fans and I was one of them, had bus tickets and match tickets provided for free!

If Pool had not won that penultimate match of the season v Wigan, Pool would of been relegated.

It is unbelievable that Blackpool FC did not re-group for the 2014-15 campaign, but Pool didn't. Whether Pool will be so lucky this season, I am not so sure. Mathematically though, Pool are still just about in the mix. But, time is running out. May be it will be the Bloomfield Road ploughed field which saves the day. Lets hope so.

I respect we're all trying to desperately salvage some sort of topic about football but Saturday's result should have - that along with others - confirm we'll be in League One next season.

No matter who Millwall, Wigan, Brighton or Leeds have over the coming weeks, none (aside Wigan maybe) will do worse than us.

Has any one actually seen this month's remaining fixtures? Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Brentford, Forest and our actually winnable game - Wigan. One win and a potential draw against Forest there, how is that suppose to save us?
Now or never? on 21:18 - Feb 9 with 8031 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 21:12 - Feb 9 by MyMoney_MySayPart2

I respect we're all trying to desperately salvage some sort of topic about football but Saturday's result should have - that along with others - confirm we'll be in League One next season.

No matter who Millwall, Wigan, Brighton or Leeds have over the coming weeks, none (aside Wigan maybe) will do worse than us.

Has any one actually seen this month's remaining fixtures? Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Brentford, Forest and our actually winnable game - Wigan. One win and a potential draw against Forest there, how is that suppose to save us?

MMMS

re your last sentence - that was almost the whole point - we have to do better than that, I suggested three points better at least. Did you actually read what I wrote?

Now or never? on 21:23 - Feb 9 with 7996 viewstangerine77

We are already cut adrift.
Now or never? on 21:30 - Feb 9 with 7946 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Now or never? on 21:18 - Feb 9 by basilrobbiereborn

MMMS

re your last sentence - that was almost the whole point - we have to do better than that, I suggested three points better at least. Did you actually read what I wrote?

Basil

Yes I read what you wrote, I don't understand the point you're making - if you are making one.

It's okay getting the odd point against teams in the top ten who are no where likely going to be concerning about relegation, we have to beat the teams around us and of the bottom twelve so far, we've only beaten two - Brighton and Millwall.
Now or never? on 21:34 - Feb 9 with 7921 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 21:30 - Feb 9 by MyMoney_MySayPart2

Basil

Yes I read what you wrote, I don't understand the point you're making - if you are making one.

It's okay getting the odd point against teams in the top ten who are no where likely going to be concerning about relegation, we have to beat the teams around us and of the bottom twelve so far, we've only beaten two - Brighton and Millwall.

You obviously didn't understand much of it then. Try the first sentence, that sets the tone.

Now or never? on 21:37 - Feb 9 with 7911 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Now or never? on 21:34 - Feb 9 by basilrobbiereborn

You obviously didn't understand much of it then. Try the first sentence, that sets the tone.

I was just putting my view across, why the attitude?

Some of us do want football debates, I don't fancy another with you though - unless we agree word for word. Which we did, but you found a fault.
Now or never? on 21:40 - Feb 9 with 7902 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 21:37 - Feb 9 by MyMoney_MySayPart2

I was just putting my view across, why the attitude?

Some of us do want football debates, I don't fancy another with you though - unless we agree word for word. Which we did, but you found a fault.

OK, I'll start again.

I think we are very unlikely to get out of this. I think we need at least three good results in what remains of February to give us a chance. I said all of this in the OP. What bit are you objecting to?

Now or never? on 21:43 - Feb 9 with 7891 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Now or never? on 21:40 - Feb 9 by basilrobbiereborn

OK, I'll start again.

I think we are very unlikely to get out of this. I think we need at least three good results in what remains of February to give us a chance. I said all of this in the OP. What bit are you objecting to?

The bit where you said "did you actually read what I wrote?" and "you obviously didn't understand much of it then" despite agreeing with you in essence.
Now or never? on 21:52 - Feb 9 with 7845 viewsOsbourne

Basil

As the season draws to a close, there will be no science in the results that will come.

Pool need to find a way of producing something on the road. Fair play to Clark, he took the side down to Norwich on Thursday last week. It didn't do any good, but he tried something different.

The Bloomfield Road playing surface means that Pool are capable of beating anybody there. Middlesbrough are really not going to fancy it tomorrow night. Awful surface, cold, probably windy and hopefully a hostile atmosphere.

Any game is winnable. If the majority of the players were on proper 2 or 3 year contracts and were really playing for the club, I would be very confident that Pool could still claim that 21st spot in the 2014-15 Championship. It is up to Clark to get the most out of these loans and short term contract players whom are representing Blackpool FC. This is the big worry, how motivated are the players who are in the tangerine shirts?

Clark has got a tough job. He has got to believe that he and Pool can do it to. Of the players, Clarke, O'Hara and Davies appear up for it. Hang the rest on that nucleus and I really think survival is possible. Of course Blackpool FC should be looking to more than survival (A Premiership club only a few years ago), but survival is what it has become. Once down, it is going to be very difficult to re-appear.

Good luck Clark.
Now or never? on 21:52 - Feb 9 with 7842 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 21:43 - Feb 9 by MyMoney_MySayPart2

The bit where you said "did you actually read what I wrote?" and "you obviously didn't understand much of it then" despite agreeing with you in essence.

If you were agreeing with me, you need lessons in clarity of expression, I think. But if we essentially agree, never mind. I'm right, you say I'm right, all is well.

Good luck Clark on 21:52 - Feb 9 with 7842 viewsOsbourne

Basil

[Post edited 9 Feb 2015 21:58]
Now or never? on 21:54 - Feb 9 with 7832 viewsstraightatthewall

Now or never? on 21:40 - Feb 9 by basilrobbiereborn

OK, I'll start again.

Robbie,

You've oft used the defence that being a regular provides you with superior knowledge of what we're capable of on the pitch. Based on that, you'd THINK you, as much as anyone, would have spotted just how poor this current batch of players are at this level. Harsh on certain players who give their all, but undoubtedly true sadly. A past his best can't get a game elsewhere o'hara is our best player. He's the only one who might just make it in another championship side.

I've no problem with you dreaming, but you really shouldn't be surprised or offended when you get called out for talking horse shit.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Now or never? on 21:56 - Feb 9 with 7826 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Now or never? on 21:54 - Feb 9 by straightatthewall

Robbie,

You've oft used the defence that being a regular provides you with superior knowledge of what we're capable of on the pitch. Based on that, you'd THINK you, as much as anyone, would have spotted just how poor this current batch of players are at this level. Harsh on certain players who give their all, but undoubtedly true sadly. A past his best can't get a game elsewhere o'hara is our best player. He's the only one who might just make it in another championship side.

I've no problem with you dreaming, but you really shouldn't be surprised or offended when you get called out for talking horse shit.

Isn't Davies' job to argue with the linesman and be a total tw*t to officials?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024