Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ki or DeGuzman? 15:41 - Feb 23 with 7816 viewsStarsky

seeing as Ki has started scoring for the Swans now and will no doubt finish the season strongly.
With this in mind, who would you rather in your team next season (hypothetical I know)
Ki or DeGuzman?

Before Christmas I would have gone for DeGUzman. Now I would choose Ki.
He's my player of the season so far.

It's just the internet, init.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:43 - Feb 23 with 5463 viewsNeath_Jack

Ki, for his consistency this season alone. JDG was a cracking player for us, but could be inconsistent and not fancy some games.

Ki would be my player of the season so far as well. Saying that, he hasn't got much competition for that title.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:49 - Feb 23 with 5439 viewsStarsky

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:43 - Feb 23 by Neath_Jack

Ki, for his consistency this season alone. JDG was a cracking player for us, but could be inconsistent and not fancy some games.

Ki would be my player of the season so far as well. Saying that, he hasn't got much competition for that title.

Ki or Fabianski maybe?

Fabianski is so good coming for crosses.

Ki for me but we'd miss Fabianski more if was gone perhaps?

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:49 - Feb 23 with 5439 viewsScoobyWho

Fabianski ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:51 - Feb 23 with 5404 viewsStarsky

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:49 - Feb 23 by ScoobyWho

Fabianski ?

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:51 - Feb 23 with 5403 viewsJethroJack

Not much competition?
Ash
Lukasz
Siggy (at a push)

Ki for me...Jon DeG bit of a show pony, went missing too much for my liking.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:51 - Feb 23 with 5403 viewsicecoldjack

Last summer it was JDG all the way for me, i think he still shades it but no doubt Ki has stepped up this season to be one of our best performers.

I was all for selling him to Sunderland, while ive always liked him i thought he was just a steady eddy type player and one that we could replace with JDG.

JDG always kept us moving with the ball and knew how to play in those little spaces, i thought he was so underrated by many who watch us.

JDG was a very clever subtle player, Ki is not too far away from that and is improving alll the time. Very proud of Ki this season he has proved me wrong and Monk also deserves massive credit for making him feel he still has a home at the Swans.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:51 - Feb 23 with 5402 viewskarnataka

I was a big fan of JdG but I think Ki's consistent form this season would give him the edge now mainly because he's getting on the score sheet regularly which JdG always did. As for POTS, it's between Ki and Fabianski for me.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:52 - Feb 23 with 5373 viewsNeath_Jack

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:49 - Feb 23 by Starsky

Ki or Fabianski maybe?

Fabianski is so good coming for crosses.

Ki for me but we'd miss Fabianski more if was gone perhaps?

Yeah, Ki or Fab, not much competition for it sadly.

Ki would be the easier to replace imo though.

Fab is the signing of the season but i got a feeling Cork will push him close by the end of the season.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:52 - Feb 23 with 5362 viewsStarsky

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:51 - Feb 23 by icecoldjack

Last summer it was JDG all the way for me, i think he still shades it but no doubt Ki has stepped up this season to be one of our best performers.

I was all for selling him to Sunderland, while ive always liked him i thought he was just a steady eddy type player and one that we could replace with JDG.

JDG always kept us moving with the ball and knew how to play in those little spaces, i thought he was so underrated by many who watch us.

JDG was a very clever subtle player, Ki is not too far away from that and is improving alll the time. Very proud of Ki this season he has proved me wrong and Monk also deserves massive credit for making him feel he still has a home at the Swans.

Cracking reply. Spot on.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:55 - Feb 23 with 5347 viewsStarsky

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:52 - Feb 23 by Neath_Jack

Yeah, Ki or Fab, not much competition for it sadly.

Ki would be the easier to replace imo though.

Fab is the signing of the season but i got a feeling Cork will push him close by the end of the season.

Isn't it surreal, on the verge of our best finish and we've so few consistent performers this year?
Williams and co at the back have not shown the consistency of the 2 mentioned above.
bony would probably have won it if he'd stayed.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:57 - Feb 23 with 5336 viewsNeath_Jack

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:51 - Feb 23 by JethroJack

Not much competition?
Ash
Lukasz
Siggy (at a push)

Ki for me...Jon DeG bit of a show pony, went missing too much for my liking.

Ash has gone missing too often for my liking, then the next game he will have a blinder which paper's over things somewhat, because he's our captain. Siggy no chance, started off like a train, but has tailed off massively.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:00 - Feb 23 with 5314 viewsNeath_Jack

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:55 - Feb 23 by Starsky

Isn't it surreal, on the verge of our best finish and we've so few consistent performers this year?
Williams and co at the back have not shown the consistency of the 2 mentioned above.

We were only talking about it the weekend, if all our players stay fit, avoid suspensions and play to their full potential for the rest of the season then we could get in and around 6th place. A settled, confident side and look out IMO.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:04 - Feb 23 with 5295 viewsStarsky

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:00 - Feb 23 by Neath_Jack

We were only talking about it the weekend, if all our players stay fit, avoid suspensions and play to their full potential for the rest of the season then we could get in and around 6th place. A settled, confident side and look out IMO.

OuR midfield is sorted for next season.
Just got to get the wingers linking with our fullbacks again, like they used to and then we just aim for Gomis's head. Sounds like a plan

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:04 - Feb 23 with 5290 viewsicecoldjack

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:55 - Feb 23 by Starsky

Agree.

It's fair to say our football has regressed but there is no arguing with the points on the board! and thats the bottom line really.

All the players have had good spells but not all of them have been on form at the same time which as a fan has been really frustrating , Amat started off awesome,got injured and Fredirico took over, fab has been immense early season siggy was unplayable,montero had games where he looked on a another level.

Its still up for grabs, a strong finish by any player and they are in the mix.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:08 - Feb 23 with 5266 viewslibertine

ki for me
but what a team if they'd all been playing well consistently

Pablo was great but inconsistent
Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:09 - Feb 23 with 5260 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ki for me. Imperious and consistent. Great distribution and interceptions as well as bagging a few goals.
If JDG was available however I would be chuffed to see him back in our squad as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:11 - Feb 23 with 5255 viewsStarsky

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:09 - Feb 23 by Private_Partz

Ki for me. Imperious and consistent. Great distribution and interceptions as well as bagging a few goals.
If JDG was available however I would be chuffed to see him back in our squad as well.

Oh lordy... How would we fit them all in the side?

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:15 - Feb 23 with 5245 viewslibertine

midfield looking good!!
Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:18 - Feb 23 with 5231 viewsairedale

Ki for me, as above but what nobody has mentioned so far is Ki's ability to win balls in the air.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:18 - Feb 23 with 5229 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:11 - Feb 23 by Starsky

Oh lordy... How would we fit them all in the side?

Fair comment. Next thread would be who should we ship out. It would be young Tom for me which would be a shame.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:19 - Feb 23 with 5221 viewsDyfnant

JDG should've been competition for Shelveys position not Ki's

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:32 - Feb 23 with 5174 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I would suggest that Ki may not be quite so fluent as an on form JDG, but he is probably better in the heading dept and definitely better in defence.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 19:04 - Feb 23 with 4967 viewsDr_Winston

I'd still probably just about prefer De Guzman of the two, but the fact this is now not a very easy question is a tribute to Ki's progression from ineffective bench player to vital first teamer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 04:47 - Feb 24 with 4727 viewsItchySphincter

I'd take JDG back in a heartbeat and stick him straight in the first 11. The player we've missed more than any other.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 12:49 - Feb 24 with 4521 viewsgosfordjack

De Guzman blew hot and cold for me, never consistant. A good midfielder has to put a tackle in, De Guzman had no bottle and was afraid of getting a knock.
Ki has come on leaps and bounds because he has been given a chance to prove.
Still waiting to see Ki let go, one of his power drives, but for me more of an all round midfielder.
Ki gets my vote.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2015 12:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024