Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. 18:58 - Feb 28 with 1220 viewsOsbourne

A bad result.

Made worse by the Rotherham win v Millwall. (Rotherham 2 Millwall 1) - blimey.

Blackpool had their chance at 0-1 to level the score. They didn't convert, it was a goal mouth scramble, but someone should of put it into the Wigan onion bag. The lady sitting next to me, in the West stand screamed "put it in, for goodness sake, put it in" and then "useless, useless." She was right, it was a goal there for the taking. Any one of about 3 Pool players could of scored it. But they didn't.

At 1-1, it could of been a different story. But Pool did not take their golden opportunity. Pool then paid the price. 1-3 loss.

The cortisone shot in O'Hara ran out. He was nowhere near 100% fitness. He was eventually substituted.

20th Brighton 37 points
21st Rotherham 37 points
22nd Millwall 31 points
23rd Wigan 28 points
24th Blackpool 22 points. - now 15 points adrift.

The side today just didn't work :
Lewis
McMahon - Hall - Aldred - O'Dea
Cameron (Delfouneso) - O'Hara (Oliver) - Perkins - Ferguson (Davies)
Madine - Telford

Bench : Parish - Clarke - Rothwell - Nosworthy

Why didn't it work? I'm not sure. Desire?

Pool go to Birmingham now on Wednesday night. They need to re - group.

Osbourne's idea? Well I will get lampooned for even saying it.

Bring Mr Ched Evans in, till the end of the season. The man will be hungry, he has a point to prove, he will score goals. "Desperate times call for desperate measures." Pool have already lost their shirt sponsor for 2015-16. Bloomfield Road is already crawling with "sensationalist" seeking journalists. Let's bring the whole of the UK press corps to Bloomfield Road. Let's get Ms Charlie Webster giving interview after interview again.

Mr Ched Evans is hungry, he has been badly treated by society, he would come, he has a point to prove, he needs a shop window, he will score goals. If I was Chairman I would bring him in.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

I'm prepared to put this idea out there. It is out there.

Pool are now in real trouble. Pool need to do something and QUICK, QUICK, QUICK.

Pool must, I repeat must, find a way of staying in the mix and not drop out of the Championship.

Blimey, I'm dusting down my own boots tonight and stretching my hamstrings. What, O what were they doing today?
Is Mr Oyston really holidaying in Australia at present, or is that just fiction?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 22:27]
Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 19:26 - Feb 28 with 1186 viewstangerinemoss

It's too late

IT'S TOO LATE

Accept reality

The Fat lady has sung, accepted her pay check and gone home

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 20:02 - Feb 28 with 1132 viewsscratchingshed

Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 19:26 - Feb 28 by tangerinemoss

It's too late

IT'S TOO LATE

Accept reality

The Fat lady has sung, accepted her pay check and gone home

Said it before and I'll say it again.

You're on a wind up mission Ozzie, no sane person would still have the slightest hope we could do it.

Don't take it the wrong way but if you are serious then you're deluded mate.
Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 20:36 - Feb 28 with 1079 viewsOsbourne

Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 20:02 - Feb 28 by scratchingshed

You're on a wind up mission Ozzie, no sane person would still have the slightest hope we could do it.

Scratcher,

Osbourne was at Bloomfield Road today.

Osbourne's post : "Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea." Is a lateral Match Report. Osbourne does not understand why you are interpreting the post as a "wind up."

An unconventional match report it might be. However, a match report it is. There is an admittance that Pool are now in real trouble. The Rotherham win over Millwall today exemplifies everything. There is a radical idea suggested.

There are still 36 points out there. The side selected today did not work. Pool have got to find a way to win matches. It is now 8/12 wins needed.

There is no "wind up."
Osbourne desires "Championship football" at Bloomfield Road 2015-16. It is where Osbourne, along with many others, watch their football.
Mr Ched Evans has been very badly treated by society. Is this a subjective statement or an objective statement?
Osbourne has no problem at all about Mr Ched Evans playing for Blackpool FC. He will be very hungry to play, very hungry to score goals, he needs a shop window and he would come. Did the players on show today at Bloomfield Road look as if they were hungry?

I might get lampooned for daring to say it. But I have said it.

Scratcher, I enjoy your posts. Today my friend, was a serious pity.

Pool are in real trouble now. "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Osbourne's journey home this evening.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 21:23]
Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 20:37 - Feb 28 with 1078 viewsPNENIL

Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 20:02 - Feb 28 by scratchingshed

Sorry osbourne but where once your posts had a charm about them, they are wearing a bit thin now and getting stupid.
PNENIL says give it up .
Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 21:16 - Feb 28 with 1047 viewsOsbourne

Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 20:37 - Feb 28 by PNENIL

Sorry osbourne but where once your posts had a charm about them, they are wearing a bit thin now and getting stupid.
PNENIL says give it up .

PNENIL,

Thanks for the advice to Osbourne.

"Taking a leaf from the same book" however, PNENIL and Osbourne might just be singing from a different song sheet.

Let's have a look at one of your own offerings to the gathering on AVFTT :

The Thread : "ALL OR NOTHING - ANYONE WANT US TO LOSE EVERY GAME?" by 'STHolder 26 feb 16:13.'

Response by your good self, PNENIL : at 22:06 on 26th February 2015.

"So what good would any wins do us from now until the end of the season?
It's completely pointless in the position we're in and that's why many people have stopped going.
More importantly though, a very low points total and a massive minus goals difference at the end of the season will show the Oystons up for what they are. It will show that you can't virtually close the club down in the summer for three months and get rid of all your players every season.
Anything else, a small success with a few wins and a near miss in staying up and you will have them back in the media trying to justify things and delivering the same old cr@p at season ticket time and the same old cr@p in funding and budget thereafter."

So, PNENIL was at Bloomfield Road today - 28.2.15 v Wigan, willing the ball into the back of the Wigan "onion bag" then?

So, PNENIL would thank Mr Ched Evans for scoring a hat full of goals for Pool in the final 12 matches of the season then?

"A bit like the lamb jumping up and biting the butcher."
Think about that, sonny.

O and thanks for the advice. Osbourne shan't be taking it.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 21:18]
Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 22:00 - Feb 28 with 1001 viewsPNENIL

Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 21:16 - Feb 28 by Osbourne

PNENIL,

Thanks for the advice to Osbourne.

"Taking a leaf from the same book" however, PNENIL and Osbourne might just be singing from a different song sheet.

Let's have a look at one of your own offerings to the gathering on AVFTT :

The Thread : "ALL OR NOTHING - ANYONE WANT US TO LOSE EVERY GAME?" by 'STHolder 26 feb 16:13.'

Response by your good self, PNENIL : at 22:06 on 26th February 2015.

"So what good would any wins do us from now until the end of the season?
It's completely pointless in the position we're in and that's why many people have stopped going.
More importantly though, a very low points total and a massive minus goals difference at the end of the season will show the Oystons up for what they are. It will show that you can't virtually close the club down in the summer for three months and get rid of all your players every season.
Anything else, a small success with a few wins and a near miss in staying up and you will have them back in the media trying to justify things and delivering the same old cr@p at season ticket time and the same old cr@p in funding and budget thereafter."

So, PNENIL was at Bloomfield Road today - 28.2.15 v Wigan, willing the ball into the back of the Wigan "onion bag" then?

So, PNENIL would thank Mr Ched Evans for scoring a hat full of goals for Pool in the final 12 matches of the season then?

"A bit like the lamb jumping up and biting the butcher."
Think about that, sonny.

O and thanks for the advice. Osbourne shan't be taking it.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 21:18]

No I think your on to something on reflection.
Signing Ched Evans would round the season off nicely.
A very apt finale.
Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 00:02 - Mar 1 with 935 viewsOsbourne

Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 22:00 - Feb 28 by PNENIL

No I think your on to something on reflection.
Signing Ched Evans would round the season off nicely.
A very apt finale.

PNENIL,

Unfortunately it is unlikely that Pool, like Sheffield United and Oldham, will have the nerve to sign Mr Ched Evans.

The media would all "acome arunning." Ms Charlie Webster would be on the train to Blackpool North, to give her two penny worth too.

If Osbourne was Chairman, Osbourne would sign him until the end of the season. I'm happy to put it out there.

Today (Wigan), Pool according to the statistics, managed 3 shots on goal. It is there that the problem lies. That is not pointing the finger at the front 4. It is pointing the finger at the team. Pool have got to find a way to maintain their shape and open up opposition defences.

I am glad to see that on reflection, PNENIL, like Osbourne thinks that signing Mr Ched Evans might bring something to the Pool winning equation.

How amusing, that after initially being at loggerheads, Osbourne and PNENIL now appear to be reading from the same book.

Who would of thought it.

How topping.
Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 02:11 - Mar 1 with 910 viewsseasider13

Well we certainly are desperate so why not, then again he would probably want a living wage, so its a non starter Osbourne mate.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Login to get fewer ads

Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 07:12 - Mar 1 with 888 viewsOsbourne

Pool 1 Wigan 3 - Pity - But, Osbourne has an idea. on 02:11 - Mar 1 by seasider13

Well we certainly are desperate so why not, then again he would probably want a living wage, so its a non starter Osbourne mate.

seasider13,

Thanks for your comment.

You are right, Pool are desperate now. Yesterday was disappointing. Osbourne viewed the debacle from the West stand. The team selected yesterday did not work. Mr Clark though had his hands tied. The cortisone shot in O'Hara wore off. Jamie was no where near 100% fit, probably right from the start. Orlandi too was unfit and unavailable. Dunne was suspended. Peter Clarke not selected, or is his fitness questionable at present too?

Difficult.

Mr Ched Evans needs a shop window. He would come to the end of the season for nothing. Society is trying to destroy him. He would come for nothing and he is hungry.

It will not happen, because like Sheffield United and Oldham, our chairman would not have the nerve to do it. Scared of what society might say!

Osbourne's take on things at Bloomfield Road now. Division 1 2015-16 here Pool come, unless something dramatic or insightful is done.

It's the way I see it. Lampoon Osbourne if one wants. If I was chairman I would sign him. I'm prepared to put it out there.

Yesterday, "Charlatans" all. If Peter Clarke was fit, he should of played.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024