Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWanse V Crapland BBC news 08:45 - Mar 4 with 12871 viewslibertine

as I said not much news about the super swans doing the double, in fact it didn't even get a mention on BBC wales

last night Cardiff win against some crappy bottom leagues side
"Crapland and doing the turn around"

and guess what it all over the news
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:48 - Mar 10 with 1823 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:33 - Mar 10 by monmouth

Seriously Scoob; if we stay up next season and hit the big dough into PL year 6 and Tan keeps retrenching and siphoning his money out, both of which are the likely scenarios, then, yes, I do think we will be in the ascendancy (out of telescope range in fact) for the next few decades. Things could work out differently of course but I tell you what, there is nothing about our club I'd swap for yours and not just current circumstances either, but the entire long term future prospects. I'm one of those that accepts that strong feelings in supporting football teams (a bit like success in life) is mainly an accident of birth, but you sure drew a right bummer with your shower.

Anyway, I have a rule. Don't get between a dimi and his prey. Good luck with that one.

Yeah well even in the mess we are in now and if we ever went out of existence I still wouldn't get out of bed to watch you lot, like you say it's who you got a passion for.

I have no doubt you will be in the ascendancy for a few years yet, got no problem with that, we are where we are.

Dimi is not my or our worry as I can dismiss him like the rest of you. I even think he pisses you lot off more than us.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:12 - Mar 10 with 1766 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 14:43 - Mar 10 by ScoobyDoo

Oh you have an agenda Dimi, maybe that's why you were kicked off a couple of our sites, in fact you have even pissed off your own supporters on here .

Look no one is denying our support has dropped off, it happens, feck me what crowds were you getting the last time you were in the old 1st division, where did they go?, and what crowds were you getting prior to your rise to the Prem?

Both clubs got fickle fans, seems some people can't accept it though.

Que the long winded boring reply!

Nope, I don't think I have ever been banned for "having an agenda". Thats like saying I have been arrested so must be a thief? Being continually correct and telling people what they didn't want to hear or are avoiding admitting? Sure, sort of my calling card and a posting style that is so consistent that not even club allegiances gets in the way... If that upsets anybody.... Tough.

It isn't just about fickleness though is it. Since your relegation there is an air of concession. Last time you were here you got 26,000 average.... Now you are getting 12,500. Thats not just down to fans being "fickle". The level your playing at is the same. It goes far deeper than that and its coincided with a time you are light years away from us and don't look like catching us for decades.. If the gap in money keeps coming then maybe not ever.

I couldnt give a monkeys if that pisses you off... Its reality.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 09:26 - Mar 11 with 1715 viewsBrynmill_Jack

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:12 - Mar 10 by SirParlayMBE

Nope, I don't think I have ever been banned for "having an agenda". Thats like saying I have been arrested so must be a thief? Being continually correct and telling people what they didn't want to hear or are avoiding admitting? Sure, sort of my calling card and a posting style that is so consistent that not even club allegiances gets in the way... If that upsets anybody.... Tough.

It isn't just about fickleness though is it. Since your relegation there is an air of concession. Last time you were here you got 26,000 average.... Now you are getting 12,500. Thats not just down to fans being "fickle". The level your playing at is the same. It goes far deeper than that and its coincided with a time you are light years away from us and don't look like catching us for decades.. If the gap in money keeps coming then maybe not ever.

I think the most hurtful thing for posters like Scooby Doo Parlay is that the former years of dominating the fertile ground of the valleys catchment area have been lost to us. Any kid now growing up from the Vale of Neath to the A449 will see one local Welsh team doing well in the top flight and winning silverware. It's just a crying shame that we can only accommodate just over 20k, in reality we could double it . I'm not saying we'd get 40k a week but the walk up crowds for the smaller games would be guaranteed a ticket. Low ticket price offers to schools all over Wales could be made and our support would grow enormously. Cardiff have the idea about fanbase but no ability to attract and keep them.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:24 - Mar 11 with 1686 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:12 - Mar 10 by SirParlayMBE

See with people like you Dim, when you think you're always right you don't listen to other peoples point of view, whether it's your own supporters or us. I reckon you have a knack of emptying rooms and very quick at that. Listen to what I said' I reckoned you pissed off your own fans more than us'. I don't have a problem with you as like I said I can dismiss you.

I have never claimed we are getting 20000 supporters turning up, they may be paying customers but we know some s/t holders are not turning up, that's evident.

There is something wrong in why people are not turning up, maybe with your wisdom you can explain as a supporter of a certain age will remember it happened to you thirty years ago. Toshack done a wonderful job in getting you up to the1st division and you had two yrs up there but slid down as fast as you went up and nearly being wound up at the end of it. Now the point i'm making is you had good crowds when you were in the 1st but did the fans stay with you when things turned nasty? Or was it a case of fickleness that they dropped off?

You will be ahead of us for a few years yet, I accept that and have no problem with it Dim, that's the reality.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:27 - Mar 11 with 1684 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 09:26 - Mar 11 by Brynmill_Jack

I think the most hurtful thing for posters like Scooby Doo Parlay is that the former years of dominating the fertile ground of the valleys catchment area have been lost to us. Any kid now growing up from the Vale of Neath to the A449 will see one local Welsh team doing well in the top flight and winning silverware. It's just a crying shame that we can only accommodate just over 20k, in reality we could double it . I'm not saying we'd get 40k a week but the walk up crowds for the smaller games would be guaranteed a ticket. Low ticket price offers to schools all over Wales could be made and our support would grow enormously. Cardiff have the idea about fanbase but no ability to attract and keep them.

Not hurt at all Bryn, there was me thinking you knew me better than that!
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:38 - Mar 11 with 1678 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:24 - Mar 11 by ScoobyDoo

See with people like you Dim, when you think you're always right you don't listen to other peoples point of view, whether it's your own supporters or us. I reckon you have a knack of emptying rooms and very quick at that. Listen to what I said' I reckoned you pissed off your own fans more than us'. I don't have a problem with you as like I said I can dismiss you.

I have never claimed we are getting 20000 supporters turning up, they may be paying customers but we know some s/t holders are not turning up, that's evident.

There is something wrong in why people are not turning up, maybe with your wisdom you can explain as a supporter of a certain age will remember it happened to you thirty years ago. Toshack done a wonderful job in getting you up to the1st division and you had two yrs up there but slid down as fast as you went up and nearly being wound up at the end of it. Now the point i'm making is you had good crowds when you were in the 1st but did the fans stay with you when things turned nasty? Or was it a case of fickleness that they dropped off?

You will be ahead of us for a few years yet, I accept that and have no problem with it Dim, that's the reality.

I always listen to other peoples opinions Scoobs, but due to the fact I am always correct (bar a rarity) I rarely agree. I know you said I pissed off people here more than you lot, however the facts and polls disagree. This lot are far more appreciative of being told what is what than your lot ever were. You can claim to dismiss me but your reply shows you don't.. nobody can dismiss the truth, no matter what they say on the surface, it eats away until either they realise the truth or lash out and continue to deny it. human nature.

Some? by some you recognise that its half... right? and if half those aren't turning up now means they aren't gin to renew either right? (current renewals are at 900)... so to judge a fanbase it is far more prevalent to use reality than skewed figures yes?

Your crowds have dropped by 65% overnight, that isn't fickleness... that's throwing the towel in at a time when it seems the only purpose and meaning some had (the rivalry and the kudos of your claims) had vanished. You now need to get a new purpose. We have already seen the mass claims of Newport and Bristol being your rivals again, a bit like when the woman you have been chasing gets famous and dates a movie star.... ''oh well, Janine at the Library is pretty hot''.

We are the biggest club in Wales and it hurts many of you to say that. Instead there is always caveat in which you say ''you are ahead for now'' or such like. it isn't facing the grim reality im afraid.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:46 - Mar 11 with 1679 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:38 - Mar 11 by SirParlayMBE

I always listen to other peoples opinions Scoobs, but due to the fact I am always correct (bar a rarity) I rarely agree. I know you said I pissed off people here more than you lot, however the facts and polls disagree. This lot are far more appreciative of being told what is what than your lot ever were. You can claim to dismiss me but your reply shows you don't.. nobody can dismiss the truth, no matter what they say on the surface, it eats away until either they realise the truth or lash out and continue to deny it. human nature.

Some? by some you recognise that its half... right? and if half those aren't turning up now means they aren't gin to renew either right? (current renewals are at 900)... so to judge a fanbase it is far more prevalent to use reality than skewed figures yes?

Your crowds have dropped by 65% overnight, that isn't fickleness... that's throwing the towel in at a time when it seems the only purpose and meaning some had (the rivalry and the kudos of your claims) had vanished. You now need to get a new purpose. We have already seen the mass claims of Newport and Bristol being your rivals again, a bit like when the woman you have been chasing gets famous and dates a movie star.... ''oh well, Janine at the Library is pretty hot''.

We are the biggest club in Wales and it hurts many of you to say that. Instead there is always caveat in which you say ''you are ahead for now'' or such like. it isn't facing the grim reality im afraid.

A good politician you would make Dim. Wasn't around thirty years ago then mate? Or was you one of the ones that jumped ship.

Bet the locals are glad they can always turn to you for guidance
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 15:53]
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:59 - Mar 11 with 1667 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:46 - Mar 11 by ScoobyDoo

A good politician you would make Dim. Wasn't around thirty years ago then mate? Or was you one of the ones that jumped ship.

Bet the locals are glad they can always turn to you for guidance
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 15:53]

Id make a good anything where sense is needed. I was a baby 30 years ago. But wise enough to know that football has changed beyond recognition in the last 20 years. We cannot look at behavioural patterns of fans in he 1920's to explain the behavioural patterns of fans today, just like we cant in the 80's. The fan and the game constantly evolves, right no we are in the SKY era.

So after all that, you are saying you realise we are the biggest club in Wales and probably will be for a very long time indeed?
Login to get fewer ads

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:11 - Mar 11 with 1667 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:59 - Mar 11 by SirParlayMBE

Id make a good anything where sense is needed. I was a baby 30 years ago. But wise enough to know that football has changed beyond recognition in the last 20 years. We cannot look at behavioural patterns of fans in he 1920's to explain the behavioural patterns of fans today, just like we cant in the 80's. The fan and the game constantly evolves, right no we are in the SKY era.

So after all that, you are saying you realise we are the biggest club in Wales and probably will be for a very long time indeed?

Ah but you can't change history , that will be on your cv forever no matter how wise you are bud.

Yes i'll admit you are the best side in wales and have no problem saying that but biggest? I think media Wales will have a different viewpoint!

Now shouldn't you be advising your fellow jacks in the error of their ways?

[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 16:12]
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:20 - Mar 11 with 1654 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:11 - Mar 11 by ScoobyDoo

Ah but you can't change history , that will be on your cv forever no matter how wise you are bud.

Yes i'll admit you are the best side in wales and have no problem saying that but biggest? I think media Wales will have a different viewpoint!

I am not seeking to change history, I am stating it is irrelevant. If I said to my Mrs that I was hungry and maybe we should go for a bite to eat, her historical suggestion of going to kill a wild boar wouldn't go down to well. Times have changed.

I didn't ask who was the best team, I asked you if you had an issue admitting we were the biggest team in Wales... in which you clearly do. Media Wales would think Peter Whittingham was better than Xavi too, that does little to enhance your point or indeed reality.

And yes, I am advising them inbetween our exchances, check out the threads.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:36 - Mar 11 with 1652 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:20 - Mar 11 by SirParlayMBE

I am not seeking to change history, I am stating it is irrelevant. If I said to my Mrs that I was hungry and maybe we should go for a bite to eat, her historical suggestion of going to kill a wild boar wouldn't go down to well. Times have changed.

I didn't ask who was the best team, I asked you if you had an issue admitting we were the biggest team in Wales... in which you clearly do. Media Wales would think Peter Whittingham was better than Xavi too, that does little to enhance your point or indeed reality.

And yes, I am advising them inbetween our exchances, check out the threads.

They are very fortunate to have someone as 'wise' as you to put them straight at such a young age, but I would have thought most of them have you on ignore, not me though bud, I find you amusing.

Not being funny mate but your doings with your mrs is no interest to me as mine would be to you but heyho everyone's different.

Peter Whittingham better than Xavi, your a one you are.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:50 - Mar 11 with 1639 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:36 - Mar 11 by ScoobyDoo

They are very fortunate to have someone as 'wise' as you to put them straight at such a young age, but I would have thought most of them have you on ignore, not me though bud, I find you amusing.

Not being funny mate but your doings with your mrs is no interest to me as mine would be to you but heyho everyone's different.

Peter Whittingham better than Xavi, your a one you are.

They certainly are fortunate yes. Age is irrelevant, Gandhi worked as a legal representative for the Muslim Indian Traders in South Africa at 24 years of age. It is what is between the ears that is important, not the age of the ears themselves.

Many may have me on ignore, I'm not one to shy away from the truth. Many ignored Luther King and Mandela to if what they were saying was opposed yet resonated reluctantly with the opposition. Truth is addictive, no matter how much someone wants to bat it away or deny it.... we all want it, which is why I am always a prominent figure on a board.

And yes, that is Media Wales for you.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 17:35 - Mar 11 with 1624 viewsScoobyWho

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 14:28 - Mar 10 by ScoobyDoo

Prove it? Your track record speaks for itself son, but you do seem to be making an effort. You're not fooling me though.

As I have said to everyone on here, I live on Port Talbot, drop me. DM and I'll prove it.
And as I said, until then sshhhhhh!

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 18:57 - Mar 11 with 1587 viewsjohnlangy

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:11 - Mar 11 by ScoobyDoo

That's actually media Cardiff scooby. Hardly unbiased.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 20:02 - Mar 11 with 1563 viewslibertine

As discussed earlier, no employment situation on here.

I work in schools from Port Talbot down to haverdfordwest and right up into the valleys aswell.

On the fringes of supporter in the valleys and in portalbot the lines have clearly changed 4-5 years ago the children wore tops of UTD Liverpool and Chelsea never Swansea or Cardiff . They argued about supporting either Cardiff or Swansea a lot of them impressed by cardiffs formidable hooligan element, I don't think there is much of an argument whos top on that front, Cardiff are better at acting twotish and being louts i'll give them that.

Now today that line has now moved further towards Cardiff I don't actually know where as my work does not take me further. But the year that cardif popped into the PL there was a bit more of Cardiff inrerest, now its clearly disappeared and those children are Swans fans.

This is obviously down to the success of the swans. Sadly for us Swans fans the media Wales is not prepared to accept this and are determined to force Cardiff onto the people of Wales even though they are not interested, its a shame and they should stoop being childish by only reporting on Cardiff, we cannot expect the Swansea council to help us sort this out because they also support Cardiff.

we should be having more games televised by welsh tv .
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 23:32 - Mar 11 with 1523 viewsScoobyWho

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 18:57 - Mar 11 by johnlangy

That's actually media Cardiff scooby. Hardly unbiased.

The tide has turned John, like a knackered old restaurant Cardiff keep serving the same old drivvle to their ageing, stuck in the past supporters. Hooligans has been mentioned, to me and a lot of those swans fans of days gone by they weren't and never were anything near what they professed, and it was proven many times.

The Cardiff legend is myth, its dead borderline dying, as fans they had their chances and lost them, a mythical past and a very real future. Second fiddle, second best .....

Second.

And they just cant accept it.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 23:34 - Mar 11 with 1521 viewsMr_NapoleonMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 23:32 - Mar 11 by ScoobyWho

The tide has turned John, like a knackered old restaurant Cardiff keep serving the same old drivvle to their ageing, stuck in the past supporters. Hooligans has been mentioned, to me and a lot of those swans fans of days gone by they weren't and never were anything near what they professed, and it was proven many times.

The Cardiff legend is myth, its dead borderline dying, as fans they had their chances and lost them, a mythical past and a very real future. Second fiddle, second best .....

Second.

Spot on.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:36 - Mar 12 with 1468 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 17:35 - Mar 11 by ScoobyWho

As I have said to everyone on here, I live on Port Talbot, drop me. DM and I'll prove it.
And as I said, until then sshhhhhh!

Sure there is some sense there somewhere, there again being it's you maybe not.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:41 - Mar 12 with 1463 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 23:32 - Mar 11 by ScoobyWho

Second.

Tell you what is a myth, what rattles around in that head of yours!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024