Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pony Tony's management masterclass 08:34 - Mar 9 with 3393 viewsAFCMorant

A few minutes left, we are 2-1 down and have a corner. Sam Walker comes racing up to the half way gesticulating to the bench for instructions, and he waits and he waits. And what is our tactical genius doing? Who knows, he's not looking at the pitch, maybe he's consulting his idiot's guide to being a chairman's puppet, looking up the route to Accrington or finally showing some integrity and writing his resignation letter? What a clown.
Pony Tony's management masterclass on 20:59 - Mar 13 with 755 viewsBarsidepete

Pony Tony's management masterclass on 20:04 - Mar 13 by noah4x4

"Competent sentences" - now there is a subject we should perhaps debate!

Sharia Law has some possible merit as regards thieves, but the beating of a woman for the removal of her Burka cannot be justified. So whilst we don't want that level of legal extremism, I do feel that the UK judiciary has lost the plot with sentencing. No wonder that the Gazette and Official Site has so many 'nasty young knobs'. A slap from my Dad's belt never did me any harm.

Was around a dozen or so on a night out with my mate John White, yes really. Funny how they had no spine when they met me directly. Funny that. And in fairness that's only about 3 or for when John and others went for laser tag at that place, name escapes me.

People lose their arrogance when you actually interact eye to eye.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Pony Tony's management masterclass on 13:05 - Mar 16 with 722 viewsLeadbelly

Pony Tony's management masterclass on 18:47 - Mar 13 by noah4x4

I can see where you are coming from Leadbelly.

However, if you look at the T & C's for public transport or supermarkets (etc.) they all state that their employees are entitled to protection from 'personal abuse' from customers. Hence, there are actually two levels to consider in the workplace; employer/employee and employee/customer.

Frankly, I don't have any problem with fans (e.g. customers of football) venting their feelings at the FINAL whistle with collective " boos" or even by crys of (say) "rubbish Humes". I can even understand and tolerate chants of "Humes Out" (but disagree, as I don't think he has had long enough) as sadly that goes with the football manager territory and doesn't impact on his contractual relationship. Put another way. if he got sacked, the rest of his contract is paid off, so only his reputation has suffered.

But when it gets 'personal' I think he deserves the same protection as any other employee. Try calling a railway worker that is merely doing his job a 'donkey' or the 'chairman's puppet' or some other malicious sarcasm and await arrest.

As regards Barside's observation of the quality of writing and comment in here; isn't that why we all congregate in this notable forum? As I said before, we sometimes agree; often disagree; but the difference is that in here even the most critical comments are usually respectful to their target (unlike those in the Gazette). I think we should keep it that way. Although now in my sixties, I have accepted the 'political correctness' of the modern world without reluctance; that's why Nigel Farage will never get my vote.

I knew you'd know Noah.

Regarding the personal abuse...I've not actually heard anything that I would say is genuinely offensive, though my hearing is not great, but would assume if it is happening the stewards would deal with it. That action, however, may be a public relations disaster the club would wish to avoid.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024