Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KO running out of options? 16:59 - May 21 with 2299 viewsrigabeliever

Don;t know much about this guy but is this a good move or not?

West Ham United assistant manager Neil McDonald is set for talks with League One side Blackpool, with view to their vacant managerial post.

The 49-year-old, who was appointed as Sam Allardyce's assistant in June 2011 has been searching for a managerial position since last summer.

Although he rejected the opportunity to join League Two side Carlisle back in January in order to continue his partnership with Allardyce, KUMB understands that Wallsend-born McDonald has already held preliminary discussions with Blackpool.

The Tangerines have been managerless since Lee Clark resigned following their relegation from the Championship earlier this month, with a record low tally of 26 points from 46 games.

McDonald's potential departure means that all of Allardyce's top-ranking coaches are now lined up for positions elsewhere next season.

With attacking coach Teddy Sheringham confirmed as the new manager of Stevenage, first team coach Ian Hendon is also understood to be close to securing the vacant managerial position at Leyton Orient.

The Os sacked Italian boss Fabio Liverani last week following their relegation from League One and 43-year-old Hendon is perceived as an ideal candidate, as he spent part of his playing career at Brisbane Road in the 1990s.

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

KO running out of options? on 17:29 - May 21 with 2279 viewsPoolman

I will say now that I think whoever takes over the reins at Bloomfield Road that it will be this sort of curve ball appointment. I think had it been an obvious choice it would have been made by now.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

KO running out of options? on 18:46 - May 21 with 2264 viewsSadallover

KO running out of options? on 17:29 - May 21 by Poolman

I will say now that I think whoever takes over the reins at Bloomfield Road that it will be this sort of curve ball appointment. I think had it been an obvious choice it would have been made by now.

A former Preston player with no managerial experience in 6 years .. hmm that'll go down well!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024