Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tour de france 2015 thread 14:48 - Jun 29 with 16223 viewsjackforever

Big race starting this weekend and 10 British riders including 2 welshmen will make it all the more interesting. Team sky packed with brits which thankfully is a complete reversal from the giro. Hope cav is back to his best and can dominate stage wins.
Fantastic event and one of my highlights of the sporting calender.
tour de france 2015 thread on 10:37 - Jul 15 with 2445 viewsJFSwan

With Richie Porte confirming that he's to leave team sky, will we see G sacrifice the one day classics and have a leading role in the smaller stage races and perhaps the Giro/Vuelta ?

Sky are also heavily linked with Kwiatkowski an will have his own ambitions so would be an interesting dilemma for Dave Brialsford
tour de france 2015 thread on 08:17 - Jul 17 with 2385 viewsjackforever

tour de france 2015 thread on 10:37 - Jul 15 by JFSwan

With Richie Porte confirming that he's to leave team sky, will we see G sacrifice the one day classics and have a leading role in the smaller stage races and perhaps the Giro/Vuelta ?

Sky are also heavily linked with Kwiatkowski an will have his own ambitions so would be an interesting dilemma for Dave Brialsford

Every time I switch the tour on G is either at the front of the race or the front of the yellow jersey peleton. His ride has been incredible and he fully deserves a place on the podium in Paris.
tour de france 2015 thread on 08:45 - Jul 17 with 2377 viewsMervyn

tour de france 2015 thread on 08:17 - Jul 17 by jackforever

Every time I switch the tour on G is either at the front of the race or the front of the yellow jersey peleton. His ride has been incredible and he fully deserves a place on the podium in Paris.

Yes the thought of G standing on the podium in Paris would be iceing on the cake .......fanatastic viewing best couple of weeks of the year for me......total respect to all these riders for putting on such a great spectacle
tour de france 2015 thread on 09:50 - Jul 17 with 2363 viewsperchrockjack

100per cent agree mets.

Nothing comes close for me taking the whole picture.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

tour de france 2015 thread on 11:27 - Jul 17 with 2349 viewsPegojack

tour de france 2015 thread on 09:50 - Jul 17 by perchrockjack

100per cent agree mets.

Nothing comes close for me taking the whole picture.

I have to agree. The cat and mouse between Froomey and his main rivals in the last couple of kilometres yesterday was enthralling TV.

I think you need to be a bike rider to appreciate it fully. And I don't mean a super fit athlete competing in bike races, I just mean someone who gets his arse in the saddle occasionally and knows how hard it is to pedal uphill!
tour de france 2015 thread on 00:54 - Jul 21 with 2303 viewsBanosswan

So come on, Geraint has to be everyone's favourite Cardiffian

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

tour de france 2015 thread on 08:44 - Jul 21 with 2277 viewsPegojack

tour de france 2015 thread on 00:54 - Jul 21 by Banosswan

So come on, Geraint has to be everyone's favourite Cardiffian

Absolutely. His scummer background is the only blot on his copybook.

I hadn't heard any race news before watching last night's highlights, so my heart was really in my mouth when he got knocked off the road and headbutted a telegraph pole before disappearing down the bank. I was sure that was the end of his race, and possibly a quick trip to hospital following as well. When they announced that race radio was reporting he was back on his bike and 40 seconds behind the peleton, I think I shed a small tear. There was definitely a lump in my throat. Seeing him joking about his knock and losing his sunglasses afterwards, my admiration went off the scale.
tour de france 2015 thread on 09:47 - Jul 21 with 2254 viewsperchrockjack

thought yesterday was a rest day and watched the golf at the Gym instead and only just caugfht it on morning tv. Missus loves G and frankly so do I, Cardiff notwithstanding, he s simply on another level (was going to say planet. Cant see hoe crashing headfirst into a lamp post is going to lead you to get back on the bike.

and people see this as boring...

Login to get fewer ads

tour de france 2015 thread on 19:21 - Jul 21 with 2221 viewsMervyn

Think with his performances and bravery on this tour G may well end up with legendary status.....his interview after yesterdays crash summed it up for me full of humour ,banter and still showed total respect for the tour......

never thought a bluddy scummer could one day become a hero of mine
tour de france 2015 thread on 19:52 - Jul 21 with 2213 viewsBanosswan

I hate rest days, lazy gets.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

tour de france 2015 thread on 16:25 - Jul 22 with 2155 viewsMervyn

That lazy scummer Granite Thomas upto 4th.....look forward to seeing him later
tour de france 2015 thread on 17:13 - Jul 22 with 2145 viewsBatterseajack

he claims to be an arsenal fan so i'll let him off the hook
tour de france 2015 thread on 21:59 - Jul 22 with 2111 viewsperchrockjack

Who gives a monkeys.
He s great.

Tour is great

Froomey, go lad go.

Quintana tried to screw him today but failed.

Same again tomorrow

tour de france 2015 thread on 03:27 - Jul 23 with 2081 viewsBanosswan

tour de france 2015 thread on 21:59 - Jul 22 by perchrockjack

Who gives a monkeys.
He s great.

Tour is great

Froomey, go lad go.

Quintana tried to screw him today but failed.

Same again tomorrow

I think Quintana was just looking at him today. Tested and tested and Froome responded. Think then Quintana decided not to push for a few seconds, thinking he can get more in the days to come. Movistar look strong too.

Froome to win, but G will have to sacrifice himself.

tour de france 2015 thread on 08:41 - Jul 23 with 2058 viewsperchrockjack

Its cruel stuff, ban

Real hard man territory.

G will be completely smashed;just hope he makes PARIS

tour de france 2015 thread on 23:14 - Jul 23 with 2002 viewsBanosswan

tour de france 2015 thread on 08:41 - Jul 23 by perchrockjack

Its cruel stuff, ban

Real hard man territory.

G will be completely smashed;just hope he makes PARIS

Well that's that then.

Be great if sky could ride G in to third.

tour de france 2015 thread on 23:41 - Jul 23 with 1997 viewsslate_dk

fyi the motorcycle driver has been kicked
tour de france 2015 thread on 08:27 - Jul 25 with 1936 viewsMervyn

GO FROOMEY GO.........after all the flack and disrespect hes had to put up with..... hope he makes it today,,,,shame about G yesterday but wouldnt be surprised to see him back up there supporting Froomey.
tour de france 2015 thread on 10:01 - Jul 25 with 1914 viewsperchrockjack

This will be one of the great wins.

Won under a filthy atmosphere of French jealousy and hurt at not having had a winner for thirty years.

As for Nibali- you disgusting bastard . Hope he has mechanical failure at crucial stage

tour de france 2015 thread on 15:48 - Jul 25 with 1871 viewsPacemaker

Fair play to team Sky worked hard to keep Froome at the front. A well deserved 2nd TDF win for Froome despite some obnoxious "supporters" gobbling over him towards the end. I saw him look back I bet he felt like stopping and putting one on the cowardly knob.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

tour de france 2015 thread on 16:04 - Jul 25 with 1896 viewsperchrockjack

One of the great British wins which sadly will be overshadowed by unjustified drug allegations.

Also British public need to understand we have a sportsman to feel proud about.

So happy for him

Last day is an event in itself.

And frack off nibali

tour de france 2015 thread on 16:10 - Jul 25 with 1893 viewstrolley_jack

Quintana was lucky not to win to be fair, got caught out in a cross wind on stage 2 and that is what cost him the race. A better climber than Froome and ultimately a better rider. Sky have the best team and thats why he won it. Congratulations to Froome, but unfortunately none of us know which riders are clean and maybe all are, the sport has been its own worse enemy in the past.
tour de france 2015 thread on 18:23 - Jul 25 with 1860 viewssherpajacob

tour de france 2015 thread on 16:10 - Jul 25 by trolley_jack

Quintana was lucky not to win to be fair, got caught out in a cross wind on stage 2 and that is what cost him the race. A better climber than Froome and ultimately a better rider. Sky have the best team and thats why he won it. Congratulations to Froome, but unfortunately none of us know which riders are clean and maybe all are, the sport has been its own worse enemy in the past.

Cycling is a team sport.
In fact it's more of a team sport than most team sports.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

tour de france 2015 thread on 18:49 - Jul 25 with 1855 viewsImAlrightJack

So, Froome is going to win it when I said he won't, the thing is there was no cobbles stages like last year, which was the reason he pulled out.

Been following each stage for the whole 4 hours daily, recording each one then watching it from start to finish when I get back from work.

Quintana is going to win this race one day, it's just a matter of time. Froome just kept chasing him every time he attacked, he couldn't get rid of him. It reminded me of the 1998 tour when Pantani (RIP), took the yellow jersey off the previous year's winner Ullrich with four stages left. The following day, Ullrich broke away only for Pantani to do the same and follow him, he couldn't get him off his back and had to settle for a stage win on the line.

Away from the doping, that tour actually had many great moments, especially Channel 4 having Robbie McEwen talking about the day ahead while cycling on his bike at the same time!. ITV4 just keeps chucking ads on and that Sure one.... I think I know the whole script now!.

Will mute the TV tomorrow when that jingolistic unofficial British anthem plays on the Champs Eleeseys tomorrow though!. I like Froome; Wiggins is a dick trying to be funny and failing miserably, unlike G after his crash.
tour de france 2015 thread on 19:27 - Jul 25 with 1832 viewsjackforever

tour de france 2015 thread on 18:49 - Jul 25 by ImAlrightJack

So, Froome is going to win it when I said he won't, the thing is there was no cobbles stages like last year, which was the reason he pulled out.

Been following each stage for the whole 4 hours daily, recording each one then watching it from start to finish when I get back from work.

Quintana is going to win this race one day, it's just a matter of time. Froome just kept chasing him every time he attacked, he couldn't get rid of him. It reminded me of the 1998 tour when Pantani (RIP), took the yellow jersey off the previous year's winner Ullrich with four stages left. The following day, Ullrich broke away only for Pantani to do the same and follow him, he couldn't get him off his back and had to settle for a stage win on the line.

Away from the doping, that tour actually had many great moments, especially Channel 4 having Robbie McEwen talking about the day ahead while cycling on his bike at the same time!. ITV4 just keeps chucking ads on and that Sure one.... I think I know the whole script now!.

Will mute the TV tomorrow when that jingolistic unofficial British anthem plays on the Champs Eleeseys tomorrow though!. I like Froome; Wiggins is a dick trying to be funny and failing miserably, unlike G after his crash.

This no cobbles stages this year is a load of old cobblers mun.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024