Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budget hitting the young ? 18:57 - Jul 8 with 11841 viewstrampie

Grants for students from the poorest families gone replaced with loan's.
No housing benefit for under 21's.
Living wage for people only over 25.

So if you are a young person from a poor family and can't afford to go to university because the grants have gone and you don't want a loan and you decide to try and get a job and get one, you are likely to receive a smaller wage than somebody over 25 for doing exactly the same job, since your pay is likely to be low you might then struggle to pay your rent and you wont be able to get housing benefit until you are 21.

Seems very unfair on young people, the Tories will always look to make the rich richer [inheritance tax raised to a million pound], people on benefits were always going to be hit, but i'm surprised how hard they have hit the young.

The Tories are set fair for the next decade but after that the oldies that have done well will die out and will be replaced by the youngsters who perhaps wont have done so well [less pay relatively, greater hours, worse pensions, working to a greater age etc as well as a poorer health service and welfare system] and they might punish the Tories down the line.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Budget hitting the young ? on 23:04 - Jul 10 with 2124 viewstrampie

Budget hitting the young ? on 22:23 - Jul 10 by sherpajacob

In fact the majority of English didn't vote for her. She never got more than 50% of the votes in England. She just ended up with the, majority of the seats. As the libs and sdp spit the opposition vote.

.a bit like our current government which 's acting like they have a mandate from the whole population despite getting about 36% of the vote and about 25% of the electorate as a whole.

Thats democracy she got a majority of the people that voted its a nonesense to say otherwise as its the case for every election.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Budget hitting the young ? on 23:19 - Jul 10 with 2101 viewssherpajacob

Budget hitting the young ? on 23:04 - Jul 10 by trampie

Thats democracy she got a majority of the people that voted its a nonesense to say otherwise as its the case for every election.

Actually maggie, never got a majority of the people that voted, not even in england.

But our electoral system meant she got the majority of seats. The same applies for tony blair.

It means we get governments that the majority of people dont want, and for millions of people a vote doesnt count for anything as it doesn't elect an mp.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Budget hitting the young ? on 00:33 - Jul 11 with 2078 viewsjackpot

Budget hitting the young ? on 23:19 - Jul 10 by sherpajacob

Actually maggie, never got a majority of the people that voted, not even in england.

But our electoral system meant she got the majority of seats. The same applies for tony blair.

It means we get governments that the majority of people dont want, and for millions of people a vote doesnt count for anything as it doesn't elect an mp.

Its easy to bitch about the system we have (especially with regards to Thatcher 30 years later).
Can you remember there wasa a vote to alter the system ?
Quote from BBC News 7 May 2011
The UK has voted overwhelmingly to reject changing the way MPs are elected - dealing a bitter blow to Nick Clegg on top of heavy Lib Dem poll losses.
Officials say 19.1m people voted in the second UK-wide referendum in history - a higher than expected turnout of 41%.
The final result put the Yes vote at 32.1% and the No vote at 67.9%.

Whether you agree or not this is Democracy.
Budget hitting the young ? on 07:29 - Jul 11 with 2048 viewstrampie

Budget hitting the young ? on 23:19 - Jul 10 by sherpajacob

She got the majority of the popular vote in England (eg a greater number), more people voted Tory in England than any other party, that was not the case in Wales and Scotland where another party had more votes than the Tories in both countries.

The system is fine, it works best with two parties granted, but it does provide what it was designed to and that is the most popular candidate in a area gets to represent the area they stand in.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2015 7:33]

Budget hitting the young ? on 09:04 - Jul 11 with 2018 viewsraynor94

The frightening thing is with the assembly elections coming up, who can I vote for, Tories, against my principles, Laboour a total wash out, Plaid or Lib Dem, enough said, I hope there is an independent standing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Budget hitting the young ? on 10:10 - Jul 11 with 1999 viewsperchrockjack

Trampie.

Look ,I lol give you one last chance to redeem yourself from the cocksucking windups you post.

England voted for thatcher?

Off you go, don't forget I m watching for your reply and admission you were utterly factually wrong.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Budget hitting the young ? on 11:15 - Jul 11 with 1979 viewstrampie

In 1979 Labour won twice as many seats in Wales than what Mrs Thatcher's Conservatives did [Lab 22, Cons 11, others 3].

In 1979 in Scotland Labour won double the amount of seats than what Mrs Thatcher's Conservatives did [Lab 44, Cons 22, others 5].

N.Ireland tend to have their own parties.

In England Mrs Thatcher won 306 seats, Labour 203 and Libs 7

Cons won 339 seats in the UK but 306 of them was in England !!!!

Hope that helps, you can see that in a generalising sense that the English voted for Thatcher in droves and the Celts didn't.

Budget hitting the young ? on 12:13 - Jul 11 with 1959 viewsperchrockjack

Now look, you stated quite clearly ENGLAND DIDNT VOTE FOR THATCHER.

ENGLAND.

Now that means England.

Trust me, the old former northern power house cities of Liverpool Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Newcastle didn't.

Neither did much of the west Midlands.

You truly need to get out of that nationalistic straight jacket and talk to some English people instead of your pitiful racist inaccurate drivel that s now not funny.

Now then, I voted Thatcher- conservative, mainly because Id lost two good jobs because of the Union filth that was destroying our land. Millions were fecked up by the likes of Scanlon, Jack Jones, and the cretinous Clive Jenkins as big a hypocrite as you d ever likely meet.

We lost our car industry, motor bike, shipbuilding, manufacturing often because of restrictive practices when other countries had unions and management working together for the good of the country instead of the class struggle many wanted here.

Its why millions voted for THACTHER , who hadn't voted conservative before-because they were sick to the stomach of what was going on in our country of GREAT BRITAIN.

iTS A DEMOCRACY and decent people ARE allowed to vote conservative as they do plaid and the anonymous Leanne..

Login to get fewer ads

Budget hitting the young ? on 14:06 - Jul 11 with 1918 viewstrampie

The facts are the facts England as a whole voted for Thatcher, Wales and Scotland did not, its not difficult to understand.

They tend to vote differently in England to the rest of the UK, not always but most of the time, the General Election just gone for example, England voted Conservative, Wales voted Labour and Scotland voted SNP.

Budget hitting the young ? on 14:25 - Jul 11 with 1903 viewsperchrockjack

As a whole then now.

Well, sorry but as a whole ,only the South east did.

Anyway, do I now kill my parents for voting Tory.

My kids have too.

Filth arent we.

Budget hitting the young ? on 14:48 - Jul 11 with 1884 viewstrampie

What part of England dont you understand, England is a geographical area, you will be telling me next that Wales doesnt usually vote Labour because Plaid often win in Carmarthenshire.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2015 14:53]

Budget hitting the young ? on 16:33 - Jul 11 with 1851 viewsskippyjack

Budget hitting the young ? on 14:25 - Jul 11 by perchrockjack

As a whole then now.

Well, sorry but as a whole ,only the South east did.

Anyway, do I now kill my parents for voting Tory.

My kids have too.

Filth arent we.

Out of interest.. Who did you vote for perch?..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Budget hitting the young ? on 16:47 - Jul 11 with 1838 viewsFlashberryjack

Budget hitting the young ? on 16:33 - Jul 11 by skippyjack

Out of interest.. Who did you vote for perch?..

Monser Reving lunar party....I'd guess

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Budget hitting the young ? on 17:18 - Jul 11 with 1829 viewsperchrockjack

Tram pie.
Give it a rest ,son.

England a geographical area then. Folk me.

Wales then?

If you re ever up north, try it on a local...England voted for thatcher.

I'm relieved your views don't reflect many of my home city . You truly have pitiful views and I mean that sincerely.

Skip.

You first

Budget hitting the young ? on 17:21 - Jul 11 with 1825 viewsperchrockjack

Flash.

You voted llafur then?

Budget hitting the young ? on 19:18 - Jul 11 with 1789 viewsFlashberryjack

Budget hitting the young ? on 17:21 - Jul 11 by perchrockjack

Flash.

You voted llafur then?

Correctwch

Hello

Budget hitting the young ? on 20:33 - Jul 11 with 1764 viewsperchrockjack

as your right flash.

I didn't and never would.

Anyway, I believe Im free to vote as I wish as we re not yet a one party state .

enjoy your evening

Heinstock for us this evening

Budget hitting the young ? on 20:50 - Jul 11 with 1744 viewsFlashberryjack

Budget hitting the young ? on 20:33 - Jul 11 by perchrockjack

as your right flash.

I didn't and never would.

Anyway, I believe Im free to vote as I wish as we re not yet a one party state .

enjoy your evening

Heinstock for us this evening

Come on Perch, where have I ever suggested that you're not free to vote as you wish.
As a matter of fact I couldn't a a flying f*ck how you voted, in the last election, the next, or any subsequent elections, not even a MOM poll on Planet Swans.

I wish you a very pleasant evening.

A nice bottle of Borola for us this evening

Hello

Budget hitting the young ? on 21:54 - Jul 11 with 1720 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

As the opening post states

It's hit the youth & it's hit them hard .
They've gone to war against against them

This lot are far far worse than Thatcher , god help us .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Budget hitting the young ? on 22:14 - Jul 11 with 1711 viewsexiledclaseboy

Osborne and Cameron are now faced with implementing a manifesto they never thought they'd have to enact. And they have to do it without alienating the core Tory vote. Anyone who doesn't fall into that category should bend over, lube up and bite the metaphorical pillow. This lot are one ruthless bunch of ideologues.

Poll: Tory leader

Budget hitting the young ? on 22:46 - Jul 11 with 1698 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Budget hitting the young ? on 22:51 - Jul 11 with 1694 viewsexiledclaseboy

"I naturally assumed it would hit people in the north, guests on the Jeremy Kyle show and the Muslims. That's why I voted Tory."

Arf. It's funny 'cos it's true. The minority of people who somehow managed to provide thus lot with a parliamentary majority have no idea what they've done.

Budget hitting the young ? on 23:05 - Jul 11 with 1687 viewsjackb

Budget hitting the young ? on 23:47 - Jul 8 by Dyfnant

Unless they intended to live in the family home. How would you like a 15% tax bill if left a parental house!
[Post edited 8 Jul 2015 23:50]

Downsize
Budget hitting the young ? on 17:40 - Jul 12 with 1603 viewsexiledclaseboy

Budget hitting the young ? on 07:46 - Jul 9 by Dr_Winston

Exactly.

Taxing death is repellent. Hopefully this is the first step towards abolishing it altogether.

I'd have liked to see them get a bit more creative with regards to student funding though. Grants should still be available for those studying sciences, engineering or other needed subjects. Grants should also be available for those wishing to enter health related professions, with the expectation that a significant period of service within the NHS is required upon graduation.

This post has been edited by an administrator

It's not taxing death. It's taxing money passed from one person to another. No different to money I've already paid tax on being taxed again when I pass it to a tradesman in payment for services rendered. Phrases like "taxing death" are trite and emotional nonsense.

Budget hitting the young ? on 22:14 - Jul 12 with 1560 viewssherpajacob

Budget hitting the young ? on 14:48 - Jul 11 by trampie

What part of England dont you understand, England is a geographical area, you will be telling me next that Wales doesnt usually vote Labour because Plaid often win in Carmarthenshire.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2015 14:53]

http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/ge83/seats.htm

In 1983, maggies best result, in england the tories won over 60% of the seats with 46% of the votes. IE 54% of votes cast ( the majority) were not for the conservatives.

Its a whole different debate whether this system works or is fair, but the majority of English voters did not vote for maggie.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024