Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 12:33 - Jul 24 with 6655 viewsSwan91

AL AHLI OUT OF GOMIS DEAL

Dubai-based club Al Ahli are pulling out of a deal for Swansea striker Bafetimbi Gomis, according to Sky sources.

Al Ahli believed they would be able to take advantage of certain clauses in the 29-year-old France international’s contract, but it is understood those clauses are not what they thought.(sky sports)

What type of clause were hey thinking was there? Good news for us though if true.
Gomis on 13:07 - Jul 24 with 3977 viewsperchrockjack

ndeed now lets crack on especially BAFE

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis on 13:24 - Jul 24 with 3889 viewsOldjack

Was there any sort of deal on the table in the first place? ,i doubt it very much ,it's not as if they're short of cash to pull the plug is it ,load of bollocks if you ask me

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gomis on 13:25 - Jul 24 with 3877 viewsWhiterockin

So is there a £7M buy out or not.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Gomis on 14:35 - Jul 24 with 3654 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis on 13:25 - Jul 24 by Whiterockin

Seemingly not.

Which is no great surprise since I struggle to imagine that anyone at the club is so inept that they would agree a signing on fee of £8m and a release clause of £7m. The signing on fee is in effect a transfer fee and no one would put in a release clause lower than the fee they just paid.

We are constantly hearing stories about our players and release fees - I am struggling to think of a single one that has been proven to be true with the exception of Joey and the £15m (which seemed to me to be perfectly reasonable if not hefty at the time - would anyone pay that for him now? No, thought not).

Our fans are quick to assume that these clauses are true. It may well be that agents don't understand the type of clause we put in, hence the speculation, but whatever it is, it obviously holds up as the only time I can remember it being challenged the club won out (Taylor to Newcastle).

One thing for certain - if this club actually wanted him, had bid £6m and there was a release clause of £7m, they would have bid it and he would have gone or not depending on whether he prefers money or prestige.
Gomis on 14:36 - Jul 24 with 3649 viewsjasper_T

Gomis on 13:24 - Jul 24 by Oldjack

Was there any sort of deal on the table in the first place? ,i doubt it very much ,it's not as if they're short of cash to pull the plug is it ,load of bollocks if you ask me

100% tabloid bollocks. Made up interest, made up reason for "talks to break down". No fire, no smoke, just a journo reporting on one cause he needs to fill column inches/get retweeted.
Gomis on 14:55 - Jul 24 with 3568 viewsWhiterockin

Gomis on 14:35 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

Seemingly not.

Which is no great surprise since I struggle to imagine that anyone at the club is so inept that they would agree a signing on fee of £8m and a release clause of £7m. The signing on fee is in effect a transfer fee and no one would put in a release clause lower than the fee they just paid.

We are constantly hearing stories about our players and release fees - I am struggling to think of a single one that has been proven to be true with the exception of Joey and the £15m (which seemed to me to be perfectly reasonable if not hefty at the time - would anyone pay that for him now? No, thought not).

Our fans are quick to assume that these clauses are true. It may well be that agents don't understand the type of clause we put in, hence the speculation, but whatever it is, it obviously holds up as the only time I can remember it being challenged the club won out (Taylor to Newcastle).

One thing for certain - if this club actually wanted him, had bid £6m and there was a release clause of £7m, they would have bid it and he would have gone or not depending on whether he prefers money or prestige.

I suppose it is possible for there to technically be no upfront signing on fee. We pay the "signing on fee" as an extra 40k a week for the term of the contract, thus keeping within a club wage structure. Therefore if you leave after one season you have only been paid 25% of the fee, hence a low buy out clause.

Player then says to the new club "Hey I want my other £6M of the signing on fee". New club says No I only thought we had to pay £7M. If you think we are paying Swansea £7M and you 135K a week, then you another £6M you can feck right off. Hence confusion in the buy out fee.

Gomis on 15:07 - Jul 24 with 3526 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis on 14:55 - Jul 24 by Whiterockin

I suppose it is possible for there to technically be no upfront signing on fee. We pay the "signing on fee" as an extra 40k a week for the term of the contract, thus keeping within a club wage structure. Therefore if you leave after one season you have only been paid 25% of the fee, hence a low buy out clause.

Player then says to the new club "Hey I want my other £6M of the signing on fee". New club says No I only thought we had to pay £7M. If you think we are paying Swansea £7M and you 135K a week, then you another £6M you can feck right off. Hence confusion in the buy out fee.

that could well be the case - if it is worded as £7m plus the remaining fee (so we always retain a £7m profit) that makes a lot more sense.

So it would mean that the fee at the moment is £13m buyout (unless Gomis chooses to forgo his £6m which rather buggers up the whole tax free bit). Clever deal if that is what it is (and in line with what I would think the going rate is for him given Mitrovic's fee).
Gomis on 15:13 - Jul 24 with 3502 viewsWhiterockin

Gomis on 15:07 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

that could well be the case - if it is worded as £7m plus the remaining fee (so we always retain a £7m profit) that makes a lot more sense.

So it would mean that the fee at the moment is £13m buyout (unless Gomis chooses to forgo his £6m which rather buggers up the whole tax free bit). Clever deal if that is what it is (and in line with what I would think the going rate is for him given Mitrovic's fee).

Nobody pulls the wool over HJ's eyes. Remember Vorm to Spurs, that seems to have died a death.

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 15:17 - Jul 24 with 3483 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis on 15:13 - Jul 24 by Whiterockin

Nobody pulls the wool over HJ's eyes. Remember Vorm to Spurs, that seems to have died a death.

oh I agree - we are not half as stupid on these things as a lot think we are and our legal team are obviously no mugs either. I think we 'won' on the Vorm deal.
Gomis on 15:25 - Jul 24 with 3445 viewsScoobyWho

Gomis on 13:25 - Jul 24 by Whiterockin

Anyone who knows a fairly well known Swansea agent will know he states quite clearly, there is no such thing as a ' buy out' merely a clause to allow a club to speak with the player. There is a clear and obvious difference.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gomis on 15:27 - Jul 24 with 3435 viewsWhiterockin

Gomis on 15:17 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

oh I agree - we are not half as stupid on these things as a lot think we are and our legal team are obviously no mugs either. I think we 'won' on the Vorm deal.

We are little old Swansea from out in the sticks. But we can certainly show the big city boys how to run a football club.

To think some on here used to think that the board were not fit for purpose and wanted someone to come in full time and run the club. Where have they gone now?

Gomis on 15:28 - Jul 24 with 3422 viewsScoobyWho

Gomis on 14:36 - Jul 24 by jasper_T

100% tabloid bollocks. Made up interest, made up reason for "talks to break down". No fire, no smoke, just a journo reporting on one cause he needs to fill column inches/get retweeted.

So it's all made up ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gomis on 15:41 - Jul 24 with 3364 viewsperchrockjack

Those dickeads still believing we are some premier league freak show are the ones being conned by themselves.

There are some smart people at the helm of our club; I just hope WE all appreciate that; some don't clearly.

I d say Huw is Pretty smart and I have faith in him and the Board.

Im certain that many of the big boys in the PL would kill for owners and ethics like our club, Liverpool FC for one and Id suggest Tottenham, Villa, Sunderland but as Da says-feckem

Gomis on 15:45 - Jul 24 with 3350 viewsshimmie

I've just heard from someone I trust that he's gone. 5mill a year.
Gomis on 15:52 - Jul 24 with 3320 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis on 15:45 - Jul 24 by shimmie

I've just heard from someone I trust that he's gone. 5mill a year.

A few have been saying that for two days though.

The crucial bit is not what he's on but if we have indeed received the £7m as a 'profit' on the deal (i.e. without us paying anything in sign on fee terms). In which case, a bit 'whatever' about it as long as we bring someone in. If he is indeed going to get £5m a year, then that will include the £2m a year we are supposed to be on the hook for plus the £3m that was being rumoured, in which case, it's equivalent to us getting £13m for him which would be a fine price in my eyes.
Gomis on 16:00 - Jul 24 with 3274 viewsperchrockjack

If he has, then I expect a major major replacement just waiting in the wings to come in

Gomis on 16:20 - Jul 24 with 3208 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis on 16:00 - Jul 24 by perchrockjack

If he has, then I expect a major major replacement just waiting in the wings to come in

You'd certainly hope so. And please God it won't be anyone from Blackburn.

The one that wouldn't surprise me is Ayew's brother. Be interesting to see where Austin ends up too although Spurs would be my guess (depending on whether he would fancy playing back up to Kane though).
Gomis on 16:23 - Jul 24 with 3192 viewsWarwickHunt

Gomis on 16:00 - Jul 24 by perchrockjack

Major major?

Catch-22, Shirley?
Gomis on 16:32 - Jul 24 with 3137 viewslondonlisa2001

Whether he stays or goes (and the latest rumours are that he is staying btw, despite what some are saying) then in my mind the one thing this shows is that we need to get a replacement sorted out otherwise this will happen every transfer window.

The guy obviously has his head turned very easily, or at least his agent does, and that does no good to stability for us. Although, to be frank, I think the same about Ash other than he would be far harder to replace. Every window we hear rubbish about him as well (linked with whatever club Pardew happens to be at, Newcastle, now Palace, as he is Moralee's mate).
Gomis on 16:44 - Jul 24 with 3099 viewsDewi1jack

Obviously then that this "buy out" (talk to, not necessarily buy or us sell!!) clause is made up by the papers, same as Will's apparent clause allowing him to leave to a CL club for £14 million (or whatever they were quoting as a figure).
I think most of us realise that Bafe may just be a mercenary, but until someone buys him, he's still our mercenary.
Anyone out there willing to bet that £7 million isn't the actual fee?
That's small change to a team owner who wants to have the best team in his country

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Gomis on 17:12 - Jul 24 with 3003 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis on 16:44 - Jul 24 by Dewi1jack

Obviously then that this "buy out" (talk to, not necessarily buy or us sell!!) clause is made up by the papers, same as Will's apparent clause allowing him to leave to a CL club for £14 million (or whatever they were quoting as a figure).
I think most of us realise that Bafe may just be a mercenary, but until someone buys him, he's still our mercenary.
Anyone out there willing to bet that £7 million isn't the actual fee?
That's small change to a team owner who wants to have the best team in his country

The story I heard about the 'Wilf' clause was that it was for £19m cash all up front in one go.

The more I think about it, the more that the whole £7m plus they take over the rest of the signing fee makes sense. Which is equivalent to £7m plus they pay £6m more on our behalf.

I like Bafe as a player, but I'd take £13m for him given his age and his propensity to seek out the green.
Gomis on 17:23 - Jul 24 with 2967 viewsHighjack

I refuse to have an opinion on anything until I've read what random people on Twitter who pretend to know agents reckon.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gomis on 18:26 - Jul 24 with 2749 viewsperchrockjack

testing testing phillll

Gomis on 22:56 - Jul 24 with 2401 viewsmorningstar

Gomis is a legend

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Gomis on 23:13 - Jul 24 with 2374 viewsHuw57

I heard he was off from a good source two days ago.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024