Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leighton Baines out for three months 22:44 - Aug 13 with 2194 viewsSwansNZ

Good news

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33921794
Everton left-back Leighton Baines will be out for 12 to 14 weeks after having ankle surgery, the Premier League club have announced.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Leighton Baines out for three months on 22:47 - Aug 13 with 2172 viewsAquinas

Surely they can't sell Stones now.
Leighton Baines out for three months on 22:54 - Aug 13 with 2146 viewsairedale

I they get Stoned by Chelsea, Bobby Barcelona will be tearing his hair out.
Leighton Baines out for three months on 00:04 - Aug 14 with 2081 viewsDull1Thomas

Leighton Baines out for three months on 22:54 - Aug 13 by airedale

I they get Stoned by Chelsea, Bobby Barcelona will be tearing his hair out.

If Stones goes I expect we'll be defending bids for Taylor but Everton will end up with one of the glut of Spurs defenders, possibly Ben Davies.

Although if Stone goes I think Martinez will leave soon after.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Leighton Baines out for three months on 08:37 - Aug 14 with 1954 viewsJackSomething

Leighton Baines out for three months on 00:04 - Aug 14 by Dull1Thomas

If Stones goes I expect we'll be defending bids for Taylor but Everton will end up with one of the glut of Spurs defenders, possibly Ben Davies.

Isn't he a central defender who can also cover right-back? So how would his going mean they'll want a new left-back? I can see why Baines injury would have them looking for cover in the position, but not Stones leaving.

Roberto can go on about not for sale as much as he likes, but eventually Chelsea (or Man United) will bid their target figure and he'll leave. It'll probably happen right at the end of the window, but not before Everton already have deals set up with the money they'll receive for Stones. It's what they did with Fellaini, taking the £27m (snigger) from Man United and finalising loan deals for Lukaku and Barry, plus the signing of James McCarthy. That way Everton strengthen in multiple positions and still make a profit.

It's the way they're built, along with many other clubs in the Premier League, even if Roberto doesn't like to admit it. They deviated from that policy last year with Roberto spunking a huge fee on Lukaku, while not selling anyone to balance the books. As a result they were weak in various positions, not least defence, and dropped from 5th to 11th. It also means they've barely spent anything this summer, hence my prediction above of what will happen. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up with Jonny Evans and a bucketload of cash from United.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Leighton Baines out for three months on 09:02 - Aug 14 with 1932 viewsAJ101

Leighton Baines out for three months on 00:04 - Aug 14 by Dull1Thomas

We've sold most of our glut, Yedlin will probably go out on loan and that's about it and he's a RB/RW though so wouldn't help cover for the loss of Baines/Stones.

We've got a couple of youngsters (Veljkovic and Cameron Carter-Vickers) who may or not go out on loan but I doubt they're developed enough to interest Everton.
Leighton Baines out for three months on 09:14 - Aug 14 with 1911 viewsJackSomething

Leighton Baines out for three months on 09:02 - Aug 14 by AJ101

We've sold most of our glut, Yedlin will probably go out on loan and that's about it and he's a RB/RW though so wouldn't help cover for the loss of Baines/Stones.

We've got a couple of youngsters (Veljkovic and Cameron Carter-Vickers) who may or not go out on loan but I doubt they're developed enough to interest Everton.

Been looking at Spurs transfers. You've done a great job clearing out most of the deadwood that's accumulated since Bale was sold, even getting reasonable fees for plenty of them. Not Soldado, but that would be a miracle too far. You may as well keep Lamela in the hope he comes good, because you'd have to take a massive loss on him.

Are you getting a little concerned about lack of arrivals though? If you'd had a better central midfield than Bentaleb and Dier (both of whom got subbed) against United, you could well have won.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024